Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
FTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20det not starting

Bought a coupe of my homie basically been around this car forever .. basically it was running he moved it sat for 3+ years and now I have it .. I got it to start but wouldn't rev past 2k rpm. Now it's just turning over and not starting at all. Help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
FTMFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
could be the CAS, MAF, TPS.. crank no start right? is the fuel pump turning on? fuel at the rail? also is the gas 3 years old too? this happened to me once a long time ago and it was my cas (cam angle sensor). start with eliminating the obvious.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
check for eaten harness wires too from animals etc if it sat outside. kind of sounds like the maf too
Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

FTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really niceFTMFW is just really nice
Yes gas is old but barley has some was thinking of emptying tank or just adding?

Old 08-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMFW View Post
Yes gas is old but barley has some was thinking of emptying tank or just adding?

you could pull off the fuel filter line into a gas can and just keep turning the key on and off until its dry. then add some fresh gas with some stabil 360 or something. new z32 fuel filter as well.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Sr20det not starting

First empty the tank, replace fuel filter, put at least 2 gallons of the highest octane gas you can get, add some heet.

RUN THE CAR if that starts it you need to drive it if it doesn't rev pass 2k you car goes into limp mode (suspect bad maf or maf connections)

Turn over no start:
Check spark
Check injectors (for spray)
Check ohms on coils
Check ignitor
Check cas

Not a bad idea to check mechanical timing links on the chain/ reset cas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Try remove the valve cover for timing chain inspection. May jump or chain came off loose or broke off. Just incase if you already check everything.
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

Changed plugs got it to start they were black and dry .... now it's bogging and won't rev past 2k sometimes only 1.5k

Old 09-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Changed plugs got it to start they were black and dry .... now it's bogging and won't rev past 2k sometimes only 1.5k

could be the MAF, and check the timing
Old 09-06-2017, 11:15 PM   #10
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

So the plugs fouled again after about 25 min of running time what could cause this .. I haven't checked compression yet hoping that's not the issue -_-

Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #11
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
So the plugs fouled again after about 25 min of running time what could cause this .. I haven't checked compression yet hoping that's not the issue -_-

did you change the maf? its probably running pig rich and dumping fuel.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #12
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightcoastimports View Post
did you change the maf? its probably running pig rich and dumping fuel.
No haven't got a hold of a maf yet

Old 09-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #13
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

New maf otw

Old 09-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #14
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

new maf same problem I think ecu is in limp mode what could be the issue the car is starting but wont rev past 2k
Old 09-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #15
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Check TPS voltage is .45-.5v at idle (throttle completely resting), use the ground wire and the White/black wire coming from the TPS. If it's not, adjust it to between said voltages. IF the TPS reads higher than 5.1v at anytime, it may be a faulty unit.

Check MAF wiring, may have to trace it all the way back to the ECU.

Remove the ECU or battery for an hour or so, put it back in, and try.

Try another o2 sensor

Use a timing light and check timing. Should be set at 15 degrees BTDC. If it's not, adjust your CAS until it is.

When the car is idling, unplug coilpacks one at a time. If the motor dies or stumbles, that cylinder is firing. If it doesn't change the motors behavior, that cylinder is not firing because of no spark or no fuel. Do the same test but unplug injectors. This will help narrow the problem to spark or fuel if the motor does not change behavior.

Check for boost/vacuum leaks. If the car has been sitting for some time, it's possible the vacuum lines could be dry rotted and torn.

Check to make sure you have am upgraded fuel pump. I believe the stock s13 fuel pump can't supply enough fuel for the SR.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #16
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

i pulled the code its 12 which i looked up and says air flow meter i already changed the maf someone help!!!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 02:31 AM   #17
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
i pulled the code its 12 which i looked up and says air flow meter i already changed the maf someone help!!!!!
reset the ecu/unplug battery for a while. or try another maf. check the maf wiring.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #18
FTMFW
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightcoastimports View Post
reset the ecu/unplug battery for a while. or try another maf. check the maf wiring.
battery has been unplugged for a while i eve pulled the ecu and opened up make sure nothing fried so im sure it reset
Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #19
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the harness underneath the driver's side front fender. Tends to get eaten alive once you've dropped you're car.