Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #241
R4Race
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
R4Race is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks guys for the comments!

Fuel system and its wiring pretty much done. And it was shocking to see how much wirings we able to get rick off from the old alarm system.

Fuel sender in and wired up.

Relays

Radiator support bars chopped
Intercooler end pipes chopped ready for new piping
New lowered power steering bracket made and currently sent of with the alternator etc to get sand blastered.

R4Race is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #242
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
that fuel setup is so damned impressive.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #243
Touge_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Touge_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Fuel set up looks like one of those kiddy toys at the doctors office with the beads. great now I need to redo my fuel system! very nice work, cant wait to see a fellow grip driver's car done

No tune No life
Touge_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #244
R4Race
Zilvia Member

Thanks guys.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #245
chris300zr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chris300zr is on the path to ruinchris300zr is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subscribed. good to see someone building a legit circuit car instead of the run-of-a-mill drift car....and your attention to detail is staggering. GL w/ the build, can't wait to see it finished.
chris300zr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #246
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
This is f*cking rad!
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #247
R4Race
Zilvia Member

Thanks fellas
Old 09-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #248
Pray And Spray
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Pray And Spray is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn that fuel cell looks amazing! Great write up!
Pray And Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #249
sick kid
Leaky Injector

sick kid is an unknown quantity at this point
considering how beautiful this car is and how much work has gone into it, its hard to believe that its gonna be a serious track car and could get some cuts and bruises
sick kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #250
S13k's

S13k's is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a beautiful build, everything is so clean! Keep up the good work, when it's done i'd like to know what kinda numbers your at( Hp, Torque and $$), See if it's worth is to do similar when I redo my S13.
Keep up the great work!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #251
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
I was wonder what work you have actually done? Seems like most of it is sent out. Half the cost of your build is going be labor. What is the purpose of the build for a personal time attack car or street car. ? I am excited to see some numbers to compare how the vet will affect it. I am doing a twin scroll 30r .82 on a 2.2 so we will see how power shifts and comes on different.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #252
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
I was wonder what work you have actually done? Seems like most of it is sent out. Half the cost of your build is going be labor. What is the purpose of the build for a personal time attack car or street car. ? I am excited to see some numbers to compare how the vet will affect it. I am doing a twin scroll 30r .82 on a 2.2 so we will see how power shifts and comes on different.
If he has the money to do so then why not? Time vs money is nothing new.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #253
Rafa-Z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (12)
Rafa-Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
If I could afford to have some one do it and do it good then I'd do the same. But that's just me I prefer driving it and having no issues.
Rafa-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #254
thizzen4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
thizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
so dope too sick

dream car

gorgouse buildd

free bumps all day
thizzen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #255
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this is the type of build you create when on a video game. "Hmm. . . . . do i want the best of everything? YA!!! I SURE DO!!!!" Very nice build, this is what everyone means when they say build it rite the first time.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #256
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Damn nice! What is your car going to be doing? Road racing or TA?
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #257
R4Race
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray And Spray View Post
Damn that fuel cell looks amazing! Great write up!
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick kid View Post
considering how beautiful this car is and how much work has gone into it, its hard to believe that its gonna be a serious track car and could get some cuts and bruises
It's gotta be driven somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13k's View Post
This is a beautiful build, everything is so clean! Keep up the good work, when it's done i'd like to know what kinda numbers your at( Hp, Torque and $$), See if it's worth is to do similar when I redo my S13.
Keep up the great work!
Well Peak power and torque won't be anything magical since I'm only using a small twinscroll 3076 but I'm very interested to see the " area under the curve".
Bare in mind that every builds is different, but it's roughly cost me ~30k so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
As a matter of fact the labor is nothing since Taark enjoy working on the car plus getting the exposure for his business (Genuine Nissan Parts! + NISMO Parts! - Hardtuned.net). Sure, make sure you check back with me in regards to your build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
If he has the money to do so then why not? Time vs money is nothing new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa-Z View Post
If I could afford to have some one do it and do it good then I'd do the same. But that's just me I prefer driving it and having no issues.
Lol more like clueless.
But seriously at the present time there are not many workshops or ppl that know what to do with a VET since there are alot of custom part involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thizzen4 View Post
so dope too sick

dream car

gorgouse buildd

free bumps all day
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy View Post
this is the type of build you create when on a video game. "Hmm. . . . . do i want the best of everything? YA!!! I SURE DO!!!!" Very nice build, this is what everyone means when they say build it rite the first time.
Thanks mate, it's not the best but at least we do it within our ability...that is what counted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
Damn nice! What is your car going to be doing? Road racing or TA?
Thanks...plan now is to get the car running with whatever it have then driving time then may be WTAC 2012/2013
Old 09-25-2011, 03:47 AM   #258
R4Race
Zilvia Member

So abit more done.

Taark start with cleaning up the wiring

In the process of moving the relay box, we decided to move the head light wirings, thermo fans etc to the front along the chasis rail and the rest will go back into the cabin. So no more exposed wire along the guard rail.

New I/C elbow welded, powder coated brackets

An fitting for power steering

Lowered bracket for the power steering pump

Earl heat shielding for the turbo lines

New position for the -8 line into the surge tank since the surge tank come with -6

And as it seat

Old 09-25-2011, 03:56 AM   #259
stephens14sr
Zilvia Junkie

stephens14sr is an unknown quantity at this point
this shit is nuts. bravo. i must say i envy your budget.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #260
WaWa
Leaky Injector

WaWa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to WaWa
I just imported a 99 Silvia Spec R to the states and because of this thread i am now looking into the SR23VET.... where did you get the rear lip from? also i have a few other questions for you if you don't mind just pm me with a yes or a no haha
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #261
CoupedupRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
CoupedupRB is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Holy shit, nice work!
CoupedupRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #262
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I like the attention to detail with AN fittings, parts and of course the motor. One question I have it why you didn't go with a Fuel Safe or ATL fuel cell setup? It seems no expense was spared on the other items, just wondering why you didn't opt for a bladder type cell.

Car is looking good. I hope you also have a video once she is tuned. I bet the motor will sound glorious!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #263
R4Race
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephens14sr View Post
this shit is nuts. bravo. i must say i envy your budget.
Thanks mate...I'm just as poor as anyone of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaWa View Post
I just imported a 99 Silvia Spec R to the states and because of this thread i am now looking into the SR23VET.... where did you get the rear lip from? also i have a few other questions for you if you don't mind just pm me with a yes or a no haha
The rear lip? you mean the rear diffuser? It's a first molding one.
Pm me with the questions and I see if i can answer you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupedupRB View Post
Holy shit, nice work!
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I like the attention to detail with AN fittings, parts and of course the motor. One question I have it why you didn't go with a Fuel Safe or ATL fuel cell setup? It seems no expense was spared on the other items, just wondering why you didn't opt for a bladder type cell.

Car is looking good. I hope you also have a video once she is tuned. I bet the motor will sound glorious!
Thanks mate, in regards to your question.
The car is not really a full on race car just yet, so we didn't see the need with a proper fuel cell since the one we got can do the job just as fine.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #264
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Amazing (Like always). Can I when you think this build will be completed? Do you have a build schedule (for an event or something), or it's done when it's done?

Thanks for the update
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #265
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
wow, i have to say this is one of the cleanest no expense spared builds i have seen on zilvia, and well this thing is tits

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #266
shibui

shibui is an unknown quantity at this point
nice!!!!!!
shibui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #267
Inland180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Inland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant futureInland180 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inland180
Is that a MAZWORX water outlet?

Feedback LINK
Inland180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #268
R4Race
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Amazing (Like always). Can I when you think this build will be completed? Do you have a build schedule (for an event or something), or it's done when it's done?

Thanks for the update
Presently I just want to finish with the mechanical side of the car and run it as is. And if time and funds permit then I should have the car on it final stage prior to 2013 WTAC..but we'll see how that go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
wow, i have to say this is one of the cleanest no expense spared builds i have seen on zilvia, and well this thing is tits
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibui View Post
nice!!!!!!
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland180 View Post
Is that a MAZWORX water outlet?
No, that's one of our own custom one.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #269
Drftr915
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Drftr915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_drifter View Post
Fuel set up looks like one of those kiddy toys at the doctors office with the beads. great now I need to redo my fuel system! very nice work, cant wait to see a fellow grip driver's car done
That comment made me bust out laughing, so true, brings back some strange memories haha.
Drftr915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #270
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Race View Post
Thanks mate...I'm just as poor as anyone of you.

POOR is the way to go apparently

love this build
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote