Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Griffin Radiators

First off, I have no clue where to post this, so mods -if it needs to be moved, sorry.

Now, obviously we all know how effective griffin radiators are, but my problem is getting one. They don't come up for sale very often, and I haven't been able to get a hold of their office to get a quote out. Are there any comparable to griffin that are easier to get a hold of, or a better way to get through to griffin?

Incase it matters - I've been trying to get a s14 KA radiator for my RB25. I would like 3 row dual pass (who wouldn't) but thats why I need the price first, to see what I can afford.
sleeper108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
contact MA-MOTORSPORTS they sell griffin and can help you out.
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Actually, I would like to know as well too.

I may contact MA-Motorsports as well, but is there a direct fit part number VIA griffin for a SR20 that anyone knows of??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
They used to make a bolt-in version for SR'd s13s. I picked one up on closeout from Jegs a few years back and it's still working just fine. It's not super fancy (single core, not super thick) but I've never had any cooling issues on track or autocross even on hot days.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
fan setup should be your main focus, imo. fan speed and ducting.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
fan setup should be your main focus, imo. fan speed and ducting.
NO.

Fan is for low speed and idle situations. Ducting is more significant to on track events.

If you have sufficient air and cooling, your fans should NEVER come on at speed.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
There are a couple different versions of the 240sx rad from Griffin. 1 of which we helped develop. They are certainly still available but due to small margins they are not commonly sold and advertised. Still a great product though!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a small update, I got a reply from Griffin, so if anyone else wants to get a hold of someone over there:
Michele Morgan <[email protected]>;
Their stock radiator is $501.33 (2-row)

Otherwise, I'm looking at my other options right now, since I'm going to have to chop up the radiator a little bit anyways (V-Mount) so I don't want to spend 500+ on a radiator im gonna chop.

I'm gonna do more research, but wanted to give that contact info out incase anyone needed it.
sleeper108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
Mirage
Zilvia Member

Mirage is making a name for him/her selfMirage is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Mirage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper108 View Post
Just a small update, I got a reply from Griffin, so if anyone else wants to get a hold of someone over there:
Michele Morgan <[email protected]>;
Their stock radiator is $501.33 (2-row)

Otherwise, I'm looking at my other options right now, since I'm going to have to chop up the radiator a little bit anyways (V-Mount) so I don't want to spend 500+ on a radiator im gonna chop.

I'm gonna do more research, but wanted to give that contact info out incase anyone needed it.
This is who I dealt with a few months ago, I never had a problem getting a hold of her via phone or email. I wanted a bolt in S14 rad with the lower hose moved for the VH45 so I could use stock hoses and thats exactly what I got.

Very happy with the quality and my dealing with Griffin, I'm local so I got to pick it up from them in person.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote