Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
muRten

Trader Rating: (0)
muRten is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Clicking Climate Control Sounds S14

Alrighty, so i know that there are 2 threads that talk about this subject but both kind of lead to dead ends. One is just people saying they are all having the same problem, and the other the guy says hes fixed it an found the replacement part and gives the part number (27736-70F00) but when you google it, no pics come up, so how do i know what im ordering? The part that "clicks" is the bi-level motor/hvac control/blend door actuator. So.... here are my questions

1: What does this part even do? it only clicks when it isn't set to face\foot.
2: Is there a replacement part, is it worth replacing?

I have working A\C and when i unplug this POS everything still works fine with and without a\c on and everything blows where it should. I have never been so confused and frustrated with something like this before, so im looking for help and answers. Thanks in advance!

can provide pic of the part if needed
muRten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Easy fix: set it to face, when it starts clicking, unplug it. When you set it to face/foot is opens some little flap. I guess it's maintain a set percentage of airflow to face vs foot. It's supposed to be 60/40 and if it doesn't open more air ends up going to feet.

I replaced mine, because I want everything to work correctly in my car. I found a used heater core for about the same price as a new actuator and swapped out just that part. Have spare heater core now if I ever need one.

I had pulled the actuator apart to figure out the problem and found 1 tooth on a plastic gear had broke off. It's a dumb design, but when the actuator is all the way open, or closed, there is constant tension. The clicking is from the gear constantly slipping off the broken tooth. I even went so far as to browse a junk yard for similar era Nissans and none of the gears matched up to try to repair it.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
muRten

Trader Rating: (0)
muRten is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy shit, thank you so much I've been looking everywhere for an answer and simple as that! Thanks again!
muRten is offline   Reply With Quote