Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
Fowlah178

Trader Rating: (0)
Fowlah178 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB25 Cooling Systems

Currently in the process of RB25 Neo swapping my S13, trying to gather info on the best coolant system setup for this car. Things like what radiator to buy, what fans to use. I've heard rumors of using the stock clutch fan even. Any help would be much appreciated.
Fowlah178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I cant imagine a stock clutch fan fitting with a stock radiator support.

A few friends of mine have notched their radiator support to tilt the radiator forward a bit for fan clearance, best bet is to just make a pair of derale fans fit. Suckas flow 4,000CFM's
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
guess it depends on what mounting kit you're using.
In my case I build my own brackets and set the engine as far back (towards the firewall) as possible. This, along with a little trimming of the fan blades,
allows me to use the clutch fan by mounting it on the other side of the clutch. Same thing on my 14, and ive been driving that one for years with this setup and it's never overheated (without a/c).
Old 09-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #4
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my old RB25 setup using mckinney mounts, KA Koyo rad and 2 12 inch fans/ tucked the relay boxes under my dash deleted the heater core also tucked the fender harness... miss this thing so much time was put into it!

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote