Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
headfirst427
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
headfirst427 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looking for the 240 crowd in OC / IE

What's up SouthWestern US Zilvians, just want to say what's up and try to pinpoint some locals I might be able to learn from in the near future.

My name is Jeremy, and I bought my first "real" project just about a year ago. Her name is Chloe, and she is a 1995 Zenki, with one previous owner and a ton of miles. So far I had cleaned her up, got rid of some of her "demons" - timing chain rattle, new plugs, new fuel filter, leaky valve cover gasket, etc. Recently, I moved to a spot with a decent sized garage and close to my work (an offroad suspension company based out of Riverside, CA.). At this point, I decided to stretch my budget to make Chloe less of a "street" project and more of a race project. I come from a pretty extensive background of Pro-Am level motocross racing, and just can't get rid of the competition bug.

Anyway, I began to build up a parts supply as I also began to tear my S14 apart for a proper "freshening up". The motor is ready to be pulled (everything taken apart and disconnected minus the motor mounts), the AC has been removed, airbags disconnected and removed, ABS has been removed in favor of a non-ABS setup with Q45 front calipers, a Z32 mc, and a non-ABS booster. I have stockpiled 5 lug hubs waiting for me to swap out, nice new slotted Q Front rotors, slotted s14 rear rotors, StopTech pads for all 4 corners, Megan Track coilovers (which will be heavily modified at my work), a Mishimoto radiator, Mishimoto dual E-fan setup, 17x9 MB Weapons, 235/40R17 Sumitomo's on all corners, an Autopower Race Roll bar, Corbeau clubman seats, an AEM intake, and some other goodies as I go on.

Here's the situation. As I mentioned before, I come from a moto background, and as I have been moving my way into the automotive world with my 240, I have been considering selling my YZ450. Anyway, I decided to go ride with a good friend of mine on April 7th at a local motocross track. We were having a blast - normal day of riding, feeling good, "stylin' out" in my own opinion. Everything was fine until I hit a jump wrong, and wound up waking up in the hospital. I shortly learned I had broke my back (my l4 and l5), broke 3 ribs, lacerated my spleen, destroyed one of my kidneys, broke my tailbone, broke my shoulder blade, and royally screwed myself up altogether. Recovery has been going well, and I get stronger every day. My support group has been so good to me, and my positivity and confidence is really helping me work my way back into the garage and working on my car. Over the past 4 weeks, I have decided that this is my chance to clean my bike up, sell it, and build this S14 up the RIGHT way so that I can start my into automotive racing properly.

I mentioned the parts I've got together for the build, and I believe I am going to pull the motor and take it to Animal Auto in Ontario, CA for a thorough rebuild. My plan is to autocross in DSP with the fresh rebuilt KA, and after a year or so (once I learn how to drive 110HP to its limits) I plan to turbo the KA. I know what I'm getting into, I know how racing works, and I am looking to meet like-minded individuals who get their kicks on going fast and being successful.

I am just trying to shout out, let people know who I am, what my deal is, and hoping I get to meet some of you guys soon at the track, at a meet, or anywhere else my local 240 guys and gals might be. Moving forward with this project I could use some experience on my side, as I am starting with none. I am mechanically inclined, but my 450's are quite a bit different that the KA24DE and the s-chassis. So far the car has actually been a pleasure to work on, but I know it will not stay that way.

Sorry for the novel, just looking to see who's out there...

Thanks,
Jeremy