Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
xrichterx

Trader Rating: (1)
xrichterx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
S14 engine bay harness questions.

Here's the story, got a botch job chassis/fuse box bay harness tuck on a 95. Car won't crank over but if you jump the starter obviously starts fine. All the wires were cut and shortened and pulled through the fire wall. Looking to just buy a whole new bay harness and start from scratch. Any help would be appreciated since I've been trying to fix this since I got the damn thing and there's just so many wires. Also any help on differences of the s14 harnesses would help alot too. I know most of the basics but I'm sure someone out there knows more about it than I do. Also thinking of just making the harness to just bare necessities since This will be a track car once it's done and an occasional street shark I don't need the necessities of ac etc. if anyone could lead me in a good direction with that. Like I said any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by xrichterx; 04-01-2013 at 11:11 AM..
xrichterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
If the current harness is trashed, you may be best off getting a body harness from a wrecked car being parted out in the classifieds, and a new wiring specialties engine harness. May cost a little, but it's better than spending countless hours repairing a harness.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
xrichterx

Trader Rating: (1)
xrichterx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
If the current harness is trashed, you may be best off getting a body harness from a wrecked car being parted out in the classifieds, and a new wiring specialties engine harness. May cost a little, but it's better than spending countless hours repairing a harness.
Thanks Cody, yeah I think the engine harness is fine. It's the body harness that's all messed up. I should've specified. Ill for sure hve to check classifieds though. Thanks!