Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #13441
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We've gone from mspaint scribbles over shitty photos to professional renders since the last go around with Nissan. Technology is amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfAJVOF...d=e0sqenej31fa
Old 09-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #13442
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
So much potential with all these renders. I'm definitely liking the Z proto more and more each time I see it.

Might get me in a Nissan again if I don't pick up a 997 S any time soon.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #13443
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfAJVOF...d=loqoonedn93s

Oh the fucking gold and black!!!!
Old 09-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #13444
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Man that longnose adjustment alone is so simple yet it makes such a striking difference. Too bad there won't be a straight-6 going in there, but that's asking too much from Nissan at that point haha.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #13445
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Man that longnose adjustment alone is so simple yet it makes such a striking difference. Too bad there won't be a straight-6 going in there, but that's asking too much from Nissan at that point haha.
I feel like what they delivered already feels like asking too much.

One of my biggest hang ups about buying a sports car now is my driveway approach is steep af. Like I have to pull in slow with my XC90 and 40. My buddy sent me this and it seems like it would be a good cheap solution for me.

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...ic_lift_system
Old 09-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #13446
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Longer nose looks cool Window louvres are horrible. They were back in the day and they still are now.
IF you do not know how much junk they were back then you would not know. IN pics they look ok in real like they were junk that just got more janky as they aged lol.
As far as the straight inline 6 goes Nissan has moved completely away from that tech for close to 20 years now. Even when they were still doing it for the Skylnes they had already moved out of it for the Z?s and that was like over 30 years ago.

The 3.0TT V6 is an awesome engine. If thats what they use it will be cool as hell and much lighter than any inline 6.

Even the Inlne 6 in the current Supra is basically straight up a BMW engine not a Toyota engine. No Yamaha head, nothing Toyota based.

Quote:

One of my biggest hang ups about buying a sports car now is my driveway approach is steep af. Like I have to pull in slow with my XC90 and 40. My buddy sent me this and it seems like it would be a good cheap solution for me.

Man that is sick, I so want lol. Question is how much does weight and really how much does it cost. I would totally buy it. lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #13447
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:

Dang if you're already having to pull in slow in a crossover, it doesn't seem like 45mm of adjustability would be a enough, no?
Old 09-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #13448
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

1. ..370 rear totally was overly big hipped.

2. In comparison while the Supra is definitely a BMW in disguise and a polarizing bodywork design they did manage to keep the car from looking bloated like the Predecessor always did.

Nissan I am looking at you hard and hoping you deliver as I am definitely in the camp of another RWD sports car what should I buy.
1. The 370Z was targeting the Porsche Cayman (I think) in terms of length/width. I tried to find the article that said that but no luck.

2. They didn't TRY to do anything to reduce the bloat. They were using the Z4 chassis and just made it fit. Ugly car is ugly, not polarizing.

3. It would be cool if they offered a G-Nose option and the flatnose option. Everybody was saying the design was stale, so they chopped the nose to match the older chassis. Then someone posts up a G-Nose render and it looks even more like a 350/370Z and everyone goes nuts?

LMGT1 render is the best render so far. I might hold out on buying another 20yr old car and see where the price point ends up for the Z.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #13449
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Dang if you're already having to pull in slow in a crossover, it doesn't seem like 45mm of adjustability would be a enough, no?
I?m gonna go grab a 370 from the dealer and bring it home and see. Then I can have them put me on a list to order one.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #13450
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
1. The 370Z was targeting the Porsche Cayman (I think) in terms of length/width. I tried to find the article that said that but no luck.
No Actually that was the 350Z.

Quote:
2. They didn't TRY to do anything to reduce the bloat. They were using the Z4 chassis and just made it fit. Ugly car is ugly, not polarizing.
Z4 Chassis was already smaller than the MKiV Supra lol
Body design is no less polarizing regardless of your statements.
Quote:

3. It would be cool if they offered a G-Nose option and the flatnose option. Everybody was saying the design was stale, so they chopped the nose to match the older chassis. Then someone posts up a G-Nose render and it looks even more like a 350/370Z and everyone goes nuts?

LMGT1 render is the best render so far. I might hold out on buying another 20yr old car and see where the price point ends up for the Z.
We will see perhaps in a Nismo config they could offer a G Nose option.
If you think all they did body wise was chop the nose ... SMH
Does it take some cues? Could one say its more a refresh than an absolute ground up redesign, sure. The company is near bankruptcy again. lol

Does it take cues from a lot of z?s in the past oh yes. The initial bodywork Nissan has shown is not stale at all. 370 was just meh and yes it looked and was big hipped.

Does this body design look better? IMO Yes! Do some of the renders make it look more 350ish yes. I am not a fan of all the renders and you would do yourself a favor by not lumping them all together.

You do you but seriously you are off on several of your assumptions and facts,.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #13451
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I honestly assumed Nissan would flex that Mercedes Benz partnership and drop their i6 in. It just makes sense, especially when they won't shut up about S30 legacy.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:30 PM   #13452
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
As far as the straight inline 6 goes Nissan has moved completely away from that tech for close to 20 years now.
Nissan still makes the TB48 i6 engine and has since 2001 for the african and middle eastern market Patrol. With which people routinely make over 1500whp on stock crank etc.. This isn't technology that Nissan has completely moved away from. It's an emissions issue.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:10 PM   #13453
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Leave it to Nissan to keep a currently in production monster inline 6 out of any vehicle that matters.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:52 PM   #13454
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:

1. No Actually that was the 350Z.

2. Z4 Chassis was already smaller than the MKiV Supra lol

3. If you think all they did body wise was chop the nose ... SMH

You do you but seriously you are off on several of your assumptions and facts.
1. I thought the 370Z further continued that aim?

2. Exactly what I'm saying is you seem to give them credit for slimming the A90 but it wasn't a goal they achieved to be praised...they were just using the BMW chassis.

3. No I don't ONLY think that lol. That's an assumption on your part. I'm saying the design features the flatnose to look like the old S30 and people seemed happy that they chose a retro style...but then the renders are already adding a more 350/370-esque GNose homage and that's what people want? More of the same style? I thought we wanted the retro take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Leave it to Nissan to keep a currently in production monster inline 6 out of any vehicle that matters.
Dude...emissions lol. Japan will probably get the same (or worse) spec as US.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:15 PM   #13455
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Emissions is a cop out. We're about to get a near 400hp twin turbo Z that's gonna get like 17mpg in city driving. If they cared to they'd make it happen.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:23 AM   #13456
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQdUvyTxNs

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:18 AM   #13457
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Interesting they just have it there chillin in public.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:51 AM   #13458
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Emissions is a cop out. We're about to get a near 400hp twin turbo Z that's gonna get like 17mpg in city driving. If they cared to they'd make it happen.
I mean a TB48 long block weighs something like 770 lbs with no forced induction parts..
Compare to a vr30ddtt that weights about 430 lbs with twin turbos and intercoolers..

Sure they could design a whole new 3.0l i6, but why when there's already so much invested in the VR platform. An i6 is never going to improve chassis handling.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #13459
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I mean a TB48 long block weighs something like 770 lbs with no forced induction parts..
Compare to a vr30ddtt that weights about 430 lbs with twin turbos and intercoolers..

Sure they could design a whole new 3.0l i6, but why when there's already so much invested in the VR platform. An i6 is never going to improve chassis handling.
Very good point.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:30 AM   #13460
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Nissan was looking to replace the RB with a v6 for their R34 back in the 90's so they were already looking at ways to reduce the weight up front. I don't foresee them going back to that engine configuration..

Last edited by spooled240; 09-24-2020 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: broken engrish
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #13461
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

^^Makes sense.

Didn't know the MB partnership was still a thing. An NA high-revving version of their latest I6, which is lighter than the V6 it replaced, would've been an interesting application since it's a 3.0L, but I think it only exists with turbos attached. Would be cool if this was in a base-Z to satisfy nostalgia-feening fans, but weird for same reason as the Z4/Supra motor config. I'm happy nonetheless with the TT V6.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...es-inline-six/
Old 09-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #13462
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Nissan still makes the TB48 i6 engine and has since 2001 for the african and middle eastern market Patrol. With which people routinely make over 1500whp on stock crank etc.. This isn't technology that Nissan has completely moved away from. It's an emissions issue.

And it sounds pretty good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A473Qole_A

Thing is the VR just makes so much more sense. In addition to the weight, it is already here. Already passed emissions. Already setup for the FM platform.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #13463
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Quote:

I agree completely . I did not mention it but when I was posting I was thinking why would they want to introduce another nose heavy engine setup when the VR is a very light and capable engine .

The biggest problem with S30?s handling had a lot to do with that big Iron block 6 hanging over the front suspension points . That is why sticking SR?s and VQ?s in S30?s is such an awesome thing to do. May not be classic but it definitely improves handling.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #13464
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
I haven't seen Corbic post in here much lately. He must secretly like the Z proto and is scared it will beat his beloved domestics with his only hope being Nissan axes it like they did the IDX.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:13 PM   #13465
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I haven't seen Corbic post in here much lately. He must secretly like the Z proto and is scared it will beat his beloved domestics with his only hope being Nissan axes it like they did the IDX.
Made my 2-cents at the start.

We'll have to see what it actually comes out looking like.

I'm surprised no one is having shit fits over the prospect of it weighting 3,300-3,500lbs.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #13466
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's on the same platform as the ancient GTR that warps spacetime with it's immense mass to achieve performance that shouldn't be possible.

If you want a lighter car there's always the incoming BRZ that's likely to come in $10k cheaper. I can't wait to see these cars reviewed against each other.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #13467
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Made my 2-cents at the start.

We'll have to see what it actually comes out looking like.

I'm surprised no one is having shit fits over the prospect of it weighting 3,300-3,500lbs.
3,300lbs wouldn't surprise me... The 3,500lbs is probably for the convertible model.

Just for comparison:
370Z weight: 3,232lbs
370Z convertible weight: 3,479lbs

As you can see nothing to have a shit fit about (unless you already had a shit fit over the 370z weight).

Quote:
It's on the same platform as the ancient GTR that warps spacetime with it's immense mass to achieve performance that shouldn't be possible.
HP, AWD and massive brakes can do that.

The brakes on the 2020 Nismo R35 are being sold on Ebay right now for $17.5K.

There are people in Japan that are running 1min 2sec Tsukuba lap times with full interior Evo/ STI's making only 350hp. The reason? About $5K into both the brakes and suspension.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #13468
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
My fits start shitting after about 3300lbs. Not sure how much more weight the twin turbo system will add though along with any additional safety features. I have a feeling it will be in the 3500 mark.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #13469
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I have a feeling it will be in the 3500 mark.
That would not be ideal at all. Gaining 68hp at the cost of 270+lbs doesn't seem like a great trade off. Almost seems like it would match the current 370Z in performance if they did that.

We still need to see if the new base Z will have upgraded brakes vs. the base 370Z, though.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #13470
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
That would not be ideal at all. Gaining 68hp at the cost of 270+lbs doesn't seem like a great trade off. Almost seems like it would match the current 370Z in performance if they did that.

We still need to see if the new base Z will have upgraded brakes vs. the base 370Z, though.
You might be right. I did a quick search and found out the VR30DDTT is only 57lbs heavier than the VQ.

http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec...%20kg)%20total.

Quote:
The core structure of the 3.0-liter V6 twin-turbo engine weighs 429.5 pounds (194.8 kg) ? 39.1 pounds (14.1 kg) less than the engine it replaces. The new turbocharger and advanced intercooler (or CAC) system componentry adds just an extra 56.9 pounds (25.8 kg), for 486.3 pounds (220.6 kg) total.