Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
dbiz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dbiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lavender

Decided it’s a good time for a build thread.

Been into cars my entire life, spent a good portion of my teenagehood saving up some money to buy a 350z, then I realized I will never be able to afford it (let alone the insurance) and faced reality so I went with a 240sx.

Found this piece on craigslist and after having several other 240s sell on me, I became impatient and bought it. RB20 with a buncha goodies, Kaaz 2way, XXR’s, crusty Bride Replica, and one of the rarest USDM s13 colors: Lavender Frost Metallic.

First day I got it. My first car. I was really fucking excited.

Brought it out to Fizz. I live down the street so I never miss a meet!

I worked for my dad for the past 4 summers doing interior and exterior plumbing. Welcome to my office

Picked up some dmax tails off zilvia. Woooo! Went to Chipotle and bumped into this guy.

Got some boxes.

XXR 17x9.75 +25 w/ Falken Ziex 215/45’s all around.

Went drifting.

We all sucked, but I’ve never had so much fun.

After rolling around I ended up slicing a tire.

Had to drive with this setup for a few weeks.

Picked up some almost brand new Megan Tracks for a great price.

At the same time I was going to put in my coilovers, my steering rack hit the shitter along with the U-Joint that connects the rack to the column. Driving to my school to get it into the shop was fucking scary. By the time I pulled in I had to jack my car up and turn it with the jack to get it on the lift.

Replaced my rack, finally retained powersteering after modding the RB pump, and got the coils on.

Picked up an Origin rear bumper and some sideskirts

Along with a clean dash

Then I turned 17, went ham on Black Friday and ended up with these-ISIS 3” Blast Pipes, Radiator, and 2 12” fans. know its ISIS shit but it works!

Sister bought me a TF bucket for Christmas to replace my crusty, bong water stained Bride Rep.

Decided it was time to fix my clutch hydraulics so I picked up a Nismo slave, a new clutch master cylinder, and steel line.

And while I had it in the school shop I did this to my fronts and picked up some fatass 25mm spacers for the rears... Still disappointed at the fact that Megan coilovers don’t go low at all. Considering upgrading to some quality later.

Put everything in, woke up to some snow on a Saturday morning, threw my sideskirts on for a quick picture, and ended up with this. I literally spent a good 5 minutes just staring at it.

Went out and had some fun moving nowhere all weekend.

Drove it to school everyday and somehow I was still able to drive through the snow without dying.

Then the inevitable happened. Spun a rod bearing and had a miserable day. Goodbye RB20. Just as I was getting ready to buy a front bumper and paint everything and start saving for registration for some ClubFR events! FAAACK.

Stay tuned for an RB25.

Plans for the next few months are to fix the rust, get a 25 in there, and finish up the exterior and interior. Also, I’ve always wanted a two tone 13, so I’m highly considering keeping the LG1 paint on top, and painting the bottom regular two tone metallic.

Gonna miss waking up to this every morning for the next several weeks.

Thanks for the read. Updates will come soon! Hopefully I can get this thing back on the road soon and have it near ready by summer.
dbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links