Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #61
frankiman

Trader Rating: (0)
frankiman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chapter 48 - Skymeet 2011 and more
part 1/2

disclaimer :
the following story depicts actions that occured on July 16 and july 23 2011
information is recalled purely from memory, so F off if it doesn’t seem perfectly accurate

on July 16, the first Skymeet (East) event at RightDrive Inc. was held

alot of GTRCers from Ontario where coming out to the event, so i wanted some Quebec representation, so i organized a little convoy of a few Quebec GTRCer

but since RightDrive is in Toronto (its actually is Vaughan, but to make things easier to digest, let's just say its TO), and is ~6.5 hours away from Montreal, we had to get up earlier to make it to TO for lunch

because of my size (+large) and the driving position in my GTR, i have problems keeping my right foot steedy during long highway drivers, and because hell be frozen over before i'd do a 12+ hours drive without some company, i enlisted a co-driver, Louis-Gil (Luigi) a fellow GTRCer (Vulcain) to come with

the plan was to leave home with my buddy at 5am to meet the other Montrealers at the most western place of Mtl and leave there at 6am, then meet some other guys in Brockville around 8;30am and to To afterwards, with a few pitstops

this would be our route, in general;

to leave at 5am , my buddy actually had to get up at 4am to get to my place before we could leave, ouch

around 6am, we arrived at the "Flying J" in Vaudreuil where others were already waiting on us;
Nelsonxmarc, Sunny, and DynamiteQC
3 GTS-Ts and 1 GTR

because my buddy forgot his sunglasses (since he got up at 4am) he bought some cheap 15$ gas station sun glasses, took the wheel and me where off the Brockville....

(...)

to keep on reading follow this link;
Chapter 48 - Skymeet 2011 and more

or this link for the complete list of chapters
Frankiman's street/track GTR project
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #62
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
oh that was my meet! nice
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #63
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I need to go to the next one for sure!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #64
frankiman

Chapter 49 - Keep on rollin'

disclaimer :
the following story depicts actions that occured on July 28 and august 5 2011
details are recalled purely from memory, so F off if it doesn’t seem perfectly accurate

so on the last update, i talked about my front wheels rubbing inside the fenders in tight corners during spirited driving

so i picked up a friend's westwood fender roller and heat gun;

it was missing nut cups, so i had to improvise and use multiple washer to be able to bolt the roller on the hub;

to make sure the radius of the roller would roller a good part of the fender, i had to unscrew the nuts of the top plate and lower it by almost an inch,

i only rolled both front fenders since the rears were done in 2009 at Autoworx

but in theory, the front fenders would be much easier to roll than the rears since the front GTR fenders are made of aluminum
but by doing it on my own, i got pretty though, since normally one person holds the heat gun and keeps hot air on the fenders to make sure the paint is soft and doesn't chip/crack, while the other person adjust the roller and puts pressure on it and actually rolls the fenders

so on my own, i had to heat the area i would roll for about a minute or twom then roll it, then swtich between rolling and heating while changing the pressure and angle on the roller till i had the right shape

i only rolled the top 60deg on the fenders, since its the area where the wheels (tires) are mostly to rub

i rolled the fenders to get the smallest possible angle, almost a full 180deg, making the most space possible for the wheels under compression

this is a transition between a rolled and un-rolled section;

since on the GTR, the front fender lines are clipped on the fenders on the inside...

(...)

Chapter 49 - Keep on rollin'

Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #65
ehall8017

ehall8017 is an unknown quantity at this point
this car is purely amazing!!!
ehall8017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #66
frankiman

Chapter 50 - Hard Parking

disclaimer :
the following story depicts actions that occured on July 30 and august 6 2011
details are recalled purely from memory, so F off if it doesn’t seem perfectly accurate

by winning a trophy for best R32 GTR at Skymeet East 2011, i got overly confident and two weeks after i registered to my first ever car show, the Sherbrooke Sweet'n'Shiny

it was said to be a big event, with over 200 cars and local celebs like drifter Carl Nadeau and actress Annie Dufresne (google her), there was also compagny booths like Standard Suspension and StreetFreaks detailling and many more
there also was a DJ, a portable Mustang Dyno on the back of a big-rig trailer, even a dB competition

not knowing what i was getting into....

(...)

Chapter 50 - Hard Parking

Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 AM   #67
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
you should roller your fender behind the lip, and not directly the lip.
boyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote