Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Selling stuff online without Paypal...

I know this is kind of an obvious question/answer, but there is a guy that wants to buy something off me ($1000 value). I'm selling it for $200 but he doesn't have/want to use paypal.

He was saying he could just transfer money into my bank account, but I'm not sure if I really feel safe giving him whatever information is required to transfer money into my account...

Is this safe?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
implayaz9 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i have done few transactions like that here as well as few forums and i got screwed... u should ask him if he has any references on any other forums or ebay.. and than check his profile out and see what's up..NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT GIVE BANK DETAILS!!! IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO OPEN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT
implayaz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by implayaz9 View Post
i have done few transactions like that here as well as few forums and i got screwed... u should ask him if he has any references on any other forums or ebay.. and than check his profile out and see what's up..NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT GIVE BANK DETAILS!!! IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO OPEN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT
I'm just worried about him going into my bank account really...

I think I'll just ask him to get a paypal account.

The shit is free after all.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
or he could send you a money order or money gram or something like that.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Google Checkout

You can set it up today and pay today unlike paypal where you have to wait for up to 3 days.
slidingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E-mail Money Transfer??? I do those all the time without issue. You don't have to give anyone your banking information.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
E-mail Money Transfer??? I do those all the time without issue. You don't have to give anyone your banking information.
? Enlighten me

Old 11-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
Ineedparts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Ineedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Money order FTW!! After you cash it, send him his stuff. He would have to be very trustworthy of you first.... I have been screwed out of money even when using paypal, cant trust anyone these days. Good luck!
Ineedparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

yea i think money order or a personnel check and once u cash it in, u can send the stuff.. but the problem with this is that his side of the trust.. cause he might think u will screw him..lol... so as a buyer i dont know if he will do that
Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
? Enlighten me
yea would like to know too
Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Well, I don't fuck people over, I don't know why in this day and age people don't just use paypal...

Old 11-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Paypal sucks when you try to file claims and such.

I've never had a problem with them *knock on wood*, but from all the horror stories I've read, I'm always super precautions as to where I send money or who I'm receiving it from.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #13
tr0n9h
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
tr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymoretr0n9h is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tr0n9h
never give out your bank information unless it to your family member. i know because i study fraud.

tell him to go to a bank and get money gram. it safe both for you and him because they required fingerprinting when you cash it.
tr0n9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #14
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
paypal is the most secure way to do transactions besides face to face.

edit: i misread the post. be careful tho

Last edited by jdizzy204; 11-16-2008 at 11:18 AM..
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by implayaz9 View Post
yea would like to know too
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
? Enlighten me

You guys have never heard of an E-mail Money Transfer (EMT)? It's simple.
This is done from you online banking site.

You create a password.
You E-mail the person the money.
They ask for the password.
You give it to them.
Then everyone is happy.

EMT is the only way I do things.... If you don't get the part. They don't get the password. No money.

And I HIGHLY doubt this something only us canucks can do. lol.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
You guys have never heard of an E-mail Money Transfer (EMT)? It's simple.
This is done from you online banking site.

You create a password.
You E-mail the person the money.
They ask for the password.
You give it to them.
Then everyone is happy.

EMT is the only way I do things.... If you don't get the part. They don't get the password. No money.

And I HIGHLY doubt this something only us canucks can do. lol.
Wow, I've never heard of that before.

The guy agreed to get a paypal account, so I'm happy now.

I guess I'll keep this thread up for anyone else that is learning about online shopping frauds and such.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Western Union works well too.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
postal money order

thats how i did transactions before i had a paypal acct.

it is 100% safe,
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #19
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
paypal sucks for sellers.

ive had people claim they didnt get shit, even after they DID get it with TRACKING INFO proved to paypal, paypal still awards refunds. fuck paypal. unfortunately it's now pretty much a standard for selling shit online.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #20
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
before paypal it was always U.S. postal money order. We did that for years. Its pretty damn safe.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #21
Devius
Zilvia Member

Devius is an unknown quantity at this point
I can tell u what my father did when he bought one of his corvettes from out of state.

He sent the guy a moneygram, simple enough, but a nice little safety feature was that he could password protect it, and the dude would need the password before he could get the money, so after he proved to my father the the corvette was being shipped, and my dad confirmed it with the shipping company, he gave the guy the password to get the money out.

One of the best ways i know to avoid a scam
Devius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #22
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
I want to buy it. I'll send you a money order for 2,000 American dollars. Just send me back the remainder of the money. My Nigerian Prince would love this.

Thank you very much

-Soooshi

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote