Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
mot
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
mot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thumbs down my epicly bad cross country trip in my 240 built by me

ok so ill start by saying i was living in san diego california orignally from connecticut. 2910 miles away from each other. for personal reasons I had decided to go back to ct for a short period. i bought this 1998 moss silver original manual 240sx back in may completly stock.

i never even drove the car as soon as i got it it went under the knife...
STOCK

ENGINELESS

ENGINE

ENGINE IN

slowly but surely the swap was completed ran into dumb things but we got it all done extended all wires i nthe engine bay and put the fuse box behind the dash

i did SPL suspension arms solid bushings in the rear subframe nismo motor mounts etc...
put the calipers from my evo on the front did sti rears spent a whole lot of money on the car...we removied a lot of luxuries
NO WIPERS
NO MIRRORS
NO HEAT OR AC
and welded the dif
there wasnt a single rubber bushing left in the car.
when the car was completed i had the aem ems v2 tuned on 91 octane to get ready for california(bc i was still in CT) and we finished this car the day before we moved it made 348whp on 91 octane during tuning the alternater went bad that was replaced and i left for my trip leaving the car at the shop to be shipped later on...
car arrived in california a week or so later and i got to actually drive it for the first time... it was amazing.
i attended the s chassis meet in anaheim ca where it won some award for sponsor choice or something. also was featured in the slammed society meet during formula d

so now lets fast forward to november 31st
i left san diego california at 2pm
now let me remind you of all the luxuries taken out.
NO WIPERS
NO HEAT/AC
NO MIRRORS
WELDED DIF
i had 2910 miles to go and had to beat any bad weather

first night i made it to new mexico and stayed the night at some shitty hotel off the highway...
next morning i took off early

made it to oklahoma had to stop for gas at this loves gas station off of I40
biggest mistake of my life so far

this asshat in the white truck decided to back out as im pulling into the spot rather than go straight backwards he cuts his wheel crossing the yellow line into my parking spot and running his driver side tire down my perfect condition passenger door...
i obviously freaked out told him not to move his car and called the cops

cops show up take a police report and im back on my way...made it pretty far not really sure where but pretty far that night...
last gas stop for the night

cars running amazing getting AWESOME gas mileage i averaged about 30mpg
next morning i wake up make it through TN all those states and find that i might make it to CT late tonight but itd be worth it...
i was 5 miles from MD in west virginia and decided to get gas...
second worst mistake of my life. while exiting the highway i have a deer run into me i hope out to find the driver fender and bumper lip mangled. im flustered and obv upset and decide itd be safe to asses the damage at the gas station. i roll up to the light see a green light in my turn lane and BOOM im hit by a subaru wagon going about 40mph right in my passenger wheel it spins me around and all i hear is her horn. i exit my vehicle to find this....

at this point i could care less about the womens condition and just want to see whats wrong with my car.

i see that and just crumble inside

cops come tow trucks come etc looks like my trip is over and only about 5 hours from home...

in this pic you can see the damage from the deer...

i get a hotel in the super 8 across the streeet which was soo sketchy called my insurance and reported the accident and called mybest friend pat to come with his truck and figured wed rent a uhaul trailer the next day and get the car home...
next day i wake up go to the tow yard and get reminded of my mistakes...

needless to say it was a horrible trip. a lot on the car is still fine and i will be parting it out and never looking back. if you ever need to decide on the drive or ship to get across the country trust me in the long run shipping will be muuuuuch cheaper...
shameless plug:if you are interested in ANYTHING on the car and i mean anything PM me and make me an offer ill be making a for sale thread on here as well

ill leave you all with this to remember her by...haha

Last edited by mot; 12-07-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
MYN1SMO

Trader Rating: (1)
MYN1SMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow dude im sorry about what happened. that was a clean ass car you built. when it rains it pours man
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
wow

that sucks
Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
well damn.. eh.. i'll take the grill..
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
UGH! dude that is unreal. I loved your S14.

sucks man, good luck with the partout.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
You could get insurance money right? Why not get two new fenders, front bumper, a passenger door, and get the rear pulled out and get it resprayed? Obviously you'd have to replace your steering rack and RH suspension pieces, did anything else get jacked in the wreck?

Sucks to see this happen, its awesome you made it across the whole country without running into weather issues though. I secretly want to drive my S14 across the country, but I'd probably want to turn around once I got a few hours out of town, haha.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I once parted a car out that had some damage, and have regretted it for years since. Your car is completely repairable. You should 100% fix it.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Old 12-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
mot
BANNED

the strut tower is actually pushed about 3 inches def not worth the fix....
Old 12-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
240sxdd
Zilvia Member

240sxdd is an unknown quantity at this point
Man sorry for all that shit you went through. Sounds like a mess id get myself into.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
mot
BANNED

craziest part through basically all (three) accidents the hood is fine...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Why the fuck did you remove your windshield wipers, mirrors, heater, and A/C?

Removing two of those four things are illegal.

Better hope the ladies insurance doesn't play off of that and deem your car unsafe for the road, resulting in the other party's favor.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
saw this on s chassis owners a few hours ago. sorry for the loss man
Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
whitenoise
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
whitenoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whitenoise
sorry for ur loss man, as long as ur not hurt physically. hope things work out for u .

http://TM-SPL.COM
Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #15
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Thought this was going to be about how your car kept breaking down.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Man, I'd play the lotto because after all that, your luck HAS to change...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #17
mot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

oh god dont want to break the law...and thats not true the only illegal thing is the wipers in CT, to remove.... the mirrors are not illegal to remove as long as i have the rear view told to me by the inspection POLICE officer in ct during inspection
Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
mot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Thought this was going to be about how your car kept breaking down.

haha yeah after all this...i wish it broke down...id rather the motor exploded then all of this
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
oh god dont want to break the law...and thats not true the only illegal thing is the wipers in CT to remove the mirrors are not illegal to remove as long as i have the rear view told to me by the inspection POLICE officer in ct during inspection
Um actually...you know what, nevermind...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #20
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

Better hope the ladies insurance doesn't play off of that and deem your car unsafe for the road, resulting in the other party's favor.
Yeah seriously. Posting about it online won't help your case either in case they find it somehow.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #21
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn man. so you got hit by two vehicles and one animal on the same trip? she was a beauty; i shall shed a tear in her honor
Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #22
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Man I feel yeah, it seem to me like every 240 got some bad luck

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #23
driftNWC

Trader Rating: (0)
driftNWC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes that lady's insurance company will def do anything and everything in their power to try to fuck you out of book value of a 98 nissan 240sx. you guys are fucking dumb.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Yeah seriously. Posting about it online won't help your case either in case they find it somehow.
It's quite obvious the OP is way smarter than us.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #25
mot
BANNED

ok guys the mirrors etc are not important the cars totaled now so dont even worry about that jesus
Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
mot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post

haha guys the car has been looked at by the insurance people everything is fine they dont give a bakers fuck about the mirrors trust me
Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #27
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What's up with your brake setup?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #28
mot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
What's up with your brake setup?

literally everything is for sale...just pm me
Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damnnn I'm sorry to hear about all that man.. it was such a clean car too.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #30
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That is one of the shittiest sets of circumstances I have seen in a while. Get another and build it up. Good Luck.
Closed Thread