Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Eastern States

North Eastern States Connecticut, Maine, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
twofourzerosx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
twofourzerosx can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
UConn Car Club Car Meet/Show!! Storrs, Connecticut. Sunday, April 15th!!!!!

The UConn Car Club would like to present to you the invitation of coming down and being a part of the Uconn Car Club's 4th Annual Spring Car Meet, on Sunday, April 15th, 2007.

What you need to know:
Storrs CT 06269
W-Lot Parking lot on the Storrs Campus
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates Open @ 9am
Gates Close When the Parking Lot Capacity has been reached.
Events occuring between 1130-2
Registration Closes at 12pm
Trophies by 3-4pm

Price:
- Free to Spectate
- $10 dollars to Participate

Parking:
If you have a party of 7 participating vehicles or more, preregister at www.uconncarclub.com by clicking on the forum and posting under the category 2007 Car Show > Preregistration. State your club name, # of participants, along with one member's contact information (Phone Number or Screenname.)

Events:
Pizza Eating Contest, Tire Throwing Competition, High/Low Competition, and an Exhaust Sound-off; These will be occuring throughout the day, starting at 1130am ending around 2pm. Prizes will be awarded to winners, pariticpation is limited.

Bragging Rights
- For those of you have yet to witness one of our shows, We tend to amass some of the greatest diversity among cars under one name. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest that theres something for everyone. Whether its Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros or even supercars that you are into, this show embodies the presence of all the aforementioned makes. Pics from last years show

- Our show does start early but we have thought of the solution to entice early arrival, Red Bull. Red Bull will be present at the show handing out Red Bulls, and even better, Theres a great possibility that they will bring one of their vehicles (Drift Solstice, one of the F1 cars, Nascar).

Onto the Trophies:
Trophies Include: Best In Show. Best Import, Domestic, Euro, Exotic. Best Honda/Acura, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan & Other. Best Ford, Chevy, Dodge & Other. Best BMW, VW/Audi & Other. Best Offroad Truck. Best Lowrider Truck.
Sleeper Award, UC3 Choice Award, Club Participation Award, & Best Club Award.

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club UC3 finds to embody as the "best."

Other mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs ands or buts, plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with, theres will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see below for parking lots outside of the show that you can congregate at prior to arrival)
- Judging will be ballot based and will begin at exactly noon. Those who arrive a minute past noon will not be susceptible to registration or judging for that matter.
- Yes, different from last year, we will have portapotties within the show perimeters. More food vendors as well.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor to the show please contact me for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to [email protected]

twofourzerosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Guys this is a pretty big event. Definately worth checking out.

Last year, Me and 3 friends had the only 240's at the entire show.

My only gripe with the show is that it is completely overrun with WRX's sporting an intake and BOV. This year, they should let the first 25 WRX's in and tell the others to get lost.
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
twofourzerosx
BANNED

lol , trust me our club is basicly a subaru club..they are huge at uconn. this year it will be more performance, less rice...and we will actually have bathrooms. please come, there were seriously like 4 240's there last yr. its gunna be great
Old 02-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofourzerosx
there were seriously like 4 240's there last yr.
I know.

I brought the Red S14. We were handing out flyers for the summer drift kickoff in Stafford Springs CT.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Game. Count me in
Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
twofourzerosx
BANNED

oh hey wats up man... at that time last yr i had my POS coupe that was parked next to you guys
Old 02-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
grey
Leaky Injector

grey is making a name for him/her selfgrey is making a name for him/her self
I would be interested in coming down I may even be able to bring a few 240's with me.
grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #8
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
oh hey wats up man... at that time last yr i had my POS coupe that was parked next to you guys

Hey are you the kid w/the blacktop SR hatch who said he kept blowing turbos?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
twofourzerosx
BANNED

haha, it was the coupe..but yes. i was the kid with teh POS black coupe with teh grey front end parked next to you and the red s13.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Hahaha.

Did you ever get that worked out?

I pry will be unable to make this meet . . . i dont live 30 mins from Uconn anymore.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #11
twofourzerosx
BANNED

the first turbo was jsut from abuse, the second one was half gone when i put it on there. that car got totaled by some gurl tboning me.... then i built a sil80 put a t28 on, blew the motor doin donuts after graduation, so i built the motor and painted the car all summer.... then i pulled it out to pass emissions and ended up runnin into a telephone pole right b4 new yrs no more 240's for me.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
thekidzkid

thekidzkid is an unknown quantity at this point
im gonna try to make it out..i have to register and insure it b4 i can go anywhere
thekidzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
forum04pl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
forum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond reputeforum04pl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to forum04pl
ill be there, this show is posted on every site i have looked at so if you want a spot i would encourage you to pre register to make sure you get in. see you guys there
forum04pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #14
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Hopefully I can get my hatch ready by then, wheres all my $$$$$$$$$$ waaaaaaah
Old 03-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #15
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
I'll see about swinging by with my autocross car.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #16
twofourzerosx
BANNED

EVERY1 local should try to get to this show!!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #17
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

^ I am hesitant about going.

Paying $$$ to enter into a show i have no desire to win in . . a show that will be over-run with wrx's . . .

Are they still going to let you park in the main lot if you are not "in" the show?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #18
twofourzerosx
BANNED

ok... the entry fee is because this is a university club, and we have alot of costs before the day of the show even comes. there is no possible way we could have a free entry fee and still have all the services we have for such a large show. The show is always diverse, and so big that it is hard to be over run by any on etype of car. Yes club RSX has a list of 50 cars at this time that are going to show up, but there will be about 550 other cars to look at. the UCONN CAR CLUB frouns upon rice.... and we make it pretty freakin obvious... so it wont be a "all show no go" deal either.

As for parking in the main lot... the answer is NO. there is simply not enough space to allow people to park in the lot unless they have payed the fee and are in the show. Registration for any show event ends at 12, but that doesnt mean the gates close. the gates close when the lot is full (600ish max)... therefor i guess technicaly u can be in the lot without being "in" the show... altho a fee WILL be required.

We have raised the price of addmition for this exact reason... we want to lean towards more of a performance show and not have stock hondas sitting around... that being said, we think a higher price will defer people from just "entering" for a place to park. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY I SUGGEST YOU FIND A CLOSE PLACE TO PARK ON OR AROUND CAMPUS AND WALK IN... ONLY CARS PAY FEES.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #19
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
ok... the entry fee is because this is a university club, and we have alot of costs before the day of the show even comes. there is no possible way we could have a free entry fee and still have all the services we have for such a large show. The show is always diverse, and so big that it is hard to be over run by any on etype of car. Yes club RSX has a list of 50 cars at this time that are going to show up, but there will be about 550 other cars to look at. the UCONN CAR CLUB frouns upon rice.... and we make it pretty freakin obvious... so it wont be a "all show no go" deal either.

As for parking in the main lot... the answer is NO. there is simply not enough space to allow people to park in the lot unless they have payed the fee and are in the show. Registration for any show event ends at 12, but that doesnt mean the gates close. the gates close when the lot is full (600ish max)... therefor i guess technicaly u can be in the lot without being "in" the show... altho a fee WILL be required.

We have raised the price of addmition for this exact reason... we want to lean towards more of a performance show and not have stock hondas sitting around... that being said, we think a higher price will defer people from just "entering" for a place to park. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY I SUGGEST YOU FIND A CLOSE PLACE TO PARK ON OR AROUND CAMPUS AND WALK IN... ONLY CARS PAY FEES.

See last year i showed up at around 1pm after the judging had commenced. Me and my friends parked in the main lot for free (wasnt even full).

$12 to enter into a show i dont care to win is a lot . .

What services are being offered this year? Last year there were not even bathrooms.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #20
s13rookie
Zilvia FREAK!

s13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to s13rookie
Damn, i wish i checked this a while ago!!! with the rain today, will it be resheduled?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
skithesteel
Leaky Injector

skithesteel is making a name for him/her selfskithesteel is making a name for him/her self
Man I wish I had paid more attention to this thread earlier, lol.

The show still went on in the rain and sleet, we weren't able to have a rain date. Still had almost 100 total cars show up, which we were really happy with considering the conditions.

We did have bathrooms on site this year, along with Red Bull and their F1 car, but we were limited with activities and such due to the weather.

Next year should work out to be great with all of the groundwork for planning a 600+ car show now in place, so hopefully the weather (and school) will cooperate and maybe even let us schedule a rain date.
skithesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #22
s13rookie
Zilvia FREAK!

s13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to s13rookie
Sounds like it was a cool show. Will there be another one later this summer? or not until next year?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #23
skithesteel
Leaky Injector

skithesteel is making a name for him/her selfskithesteel is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13rookie
Sounds like it was a cool show. Will there be another one later this summer? or not until next year?
We can't host events on campus after finals ... which was one of the reasons why there was no rain date. We usually just hold the show once every Spring, but there could be some talks of more of an informal 'meet' in the Fall, no awards, just a big get together for everyone since that's the feel most of our 'shows' have anyway.

But yeah this year was absolutely the worst case scenario, and it still wasn't all that bad. Haha not quite the way I had hoped to go out my senior year.
skithesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #24
Chez
Leaky Injector

Chez is making his/her stupidity well-knownChez is making his/her stupidity well-knownChez is making his/her stupidity well-known
we can always have a group meet at marks up by the airport its every monday night starts at around 5... Chez

Chez is offline   Reply With Quote