Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #5161
dil han
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
dil han is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Way to quote the entire first page lol. Could you edit that please? It slows down my shitty work computer.
Lol ^^^ agreed
dil han is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #5162
motoxris
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
motoxris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey rub it in a little more. Hahah I bet some people were really let down when they seen a bunch of pictures then figure out it's an old post
motoxris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #5163
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone know the differences between the s13 and s14 nismo power brace? I attempted to install my power brace on my s14 today and NONE of the holes would line up and I highly doubt I am doing it wrong. Can anyone tell me measurements between the mounting points or obvious differences to see if I was sent the wrong type? I would like to double check before I call up the company and order a new power brace. Thanks!
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #5164
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
they look different, google them.
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #5165
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Very easy to tell them apart.... the s14 has reinforcement at both ends of the bar that connects the tension brackets together.

s13 only has 1 end reinforced.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #5166
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG][/IMG]

They look the same to me?
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #5167
boost
Zilvia Member

boost is on a distinguished road
Those pics are wrong, both s13. here's a pic of my s14 and s13. s14 having both ends of the cross bar braced and dimples for the radiator stays.

boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #5168
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Here's what the new 45mm RCA Cor Integration knuckle looks like, I'll add it to the first page.

On another note, Wisefab is supposed to be coming out with the rear kit for S-chassis soon.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #5169
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
They are, their rear upright looks like a work of art and much lighter than the oem upright with some sweet features, I'd buy one just for the cool appearence if I weren't converting to double-a-arm

The welding on Cor integration knuckle is seriously sweet.
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #5170
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Im having a problem after installing MA knuckles this weekend. Driver side would be touching the tension rod while passenger side had 2" clearance. Also, pass. side tie rod adjustment was extended all the way, so could not shift the clearance one side to the other.

Rack is centered, extended LCAs are within 1/8" of each other and BJ to TR pickups are within 1mm. Anyone experienced something like this, or have any idea of whats going on?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #5171
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Im having a problem after installing MA knuckles this weekend. Driver side would be touching the tension rod while passenger side had 2" clearance. Also, pass. side tie rod adjustment was extended all the way, so could not shift the clearance one side to the other.

Rack is centered, extended LCAs are within 1/8" of each other and BJ to TR pickups are within 1mm. Anyone experienced something like this, or have any idea of whats going on?
You need to recenter the rack again.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #5172
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
i was just out in the garage doing that, its dead center. was really counting on that being the issue
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #5173
dil han
Zilvia Junkie

dil han is an unknown quantity at this point
Pictures???
dil han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #5174
IThaJokaI
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
IThaJokaI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IThaJokaI Send a message via MSN to IThaJokaI
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
i was just out in the garage doing that, its dead center. was really counting on that being the issue
Are you trying to recenter with the tie rods connected?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #5175
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so i used steering rack spacers on both sides, but my toe on one side is all messed up...

how do i fix the toe? the threads are maxed out...

jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #5176
ska
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
so i used steering rack spacers on both sides, but my toe on one side is all messed up...

how do i fix the toe? the threads are maxed out...

Aftermarket outter tierods? Inner tierods? You'd have to chop of a little bit of the inner tierods.

Does anybody know the Ackerman difference on those Cor integration knuckles "chuckles".
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #5177
ska
Leaky Injector

Does anybody know the Ackerman difference on those Cor integration knuckles "chuckles"
Old 03-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #5178
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
Aftermarket outter tierods? Inner tierods? You'd have to chop of a little bit of the inner tierods.

Does anybody know the Ackerman difference on those Cor integration knuckles "chuckles".
S14. inner and outer.

there isn't any more threads for me to tread onto though.... chopping it off won't help will it?

i would have to chop off pieces off the inner and outer in that case.. ?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #5179
ska
Leaky Injector

Quote:
S14. inner and outer.

there isn't any more threads for me to tread onto though.... chopping it off won't help will it?

i would have to chop off pieces off the inner and outer in that case.. ?
I just reread your previous post. If this is only happening on one side then you might have to see if your rack is centered.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #5180
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I just reread your previous post. If this is only happening on one side then you might have to see if your rack is centered.
yeah i did that.. i believe.

i did that method where you count the turns.

it's weird...

turning to one side, i get 2.5 full turns

turn to the other, i get 2.3 turns.. almost a full 2.5 but not all the way.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #5181
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
if you're using s14 inners you have to cut some threads off. I had too. make sure you thread on a nut first so that way you can fix the cut threads by backing the nut off.
joshchewuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #5182
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
if you're using s14 inners you have to cut some threads off. I had too. make sure you thread on a nut first so that way you can fix the cut threads by backing the nut off.
i think im going to cut both inner and outers out.

even if i cut off some of the inners out, i have no room left to thread it onto. the outers are touching the nut, which is pushed back all the way as far as possible.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #5183
s14croom

s14croom is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome thread
s14croom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #5184
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Quote:
i think im going to cut both inner and outers out.

even if i cut off some of the inners out, i have no room left to thread it onto. the outers are touching the nut, which is pushed back all the way as far as possible.
I ran into this issue recently on a friends s13. The oem s14 inners he had didn't have enough thread so chopping them wouldn't help.

Tried purchasing Moog Z32 inners which are shorter but they only had about 10-15mm of thread engagement after centering the rack and getting the wheels straight. I could have probably run a slip on spacer on the drivers side for more thread engagement but I felt it still wasn't enough.

Noticed the s14 TEIN inners have a few extra threads so we ended up having to order those and chop them where the threads go into the large rack spacer as well as where the outers screw into the inners. Wasted some money/time but at least it works now.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #5185
Ichiban4
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ichiban4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question on tie rod length w/ knuckles

I am planning on ordering the Abercrombie knuckles with 20-25mm extended LCAs.

I currently run TEIN inners/outer with pbm rack spacer.

If I orger the GKteck High Tensile Offset Spacers pictures below, that will move my rods forward like the relocated rack.

My question is theoretically.. the gktech spacers are like 18mm + 7mm PBM inner spacers = 25mm.. So will I still need longer tie rods/ends or would going this route eliminate the need for the extended ones?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #5186
motoxris
Leaky Injector

motoxris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Does anybody know the Ackerman difference on those Cor integration knuckles "chuckles"
Right now they have 2 versions that gets 5-7 and 8-10 degrees ackerman.
motoxris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #5187
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban4 View Post
Question on tie rod length w/ knuckles

My question is theoretically.. the gktech spacers are like 18mm + 7mm PBM inner spacers = 25mm.. So will I still need longer tie rods/ends or would going this route eliminate the need for the extended ones?

Thanks
You cannot run the 7mm PBM spacers with the offset rack spacers. If you look at the offset spacers, you will notice the 2 tabs sticking out, these slip into your rack to center the offset spacer and prevent it from rotating.

I ran these with z33 tie rods(short as balls) + SPL outers. I still think you should be fine. They add quite a bit of length.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #5188
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I just ran into the same problem. Two choices:
A. Buy z32 tie rods
B. Extend your FLCA or get some aftermarket flca.

I am running drop knuckles with 45mm correction, Offset Rack Spacers, PSM eccentric rack bushings, Battle Version Offset Tension Rods. I am planning on getting the FLCA extended about a inch and a half to two inches. Also want to notch the FLCA where the tie rod outer would hit the FLCA. Also haven't decided if I wanted to run a 17x8 or 17x9 up front with about 0 offset. Trying to get at least 60 degrees. After that I don't really know where to go to try to get more angle out of this setup.

This is how it sits now. (Not aligned, Stock s14 FLCA)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #5189
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdark View Post
I just ran into the same problem. Two choices:
A. Buy z32 tie rods
B. Extend your FLCA or get some aftermarket flca.

I am running drop knuckles with 45mm correction, Offset Rack Spacers, PSM eccentric rack bushings, Battle Version Offset Tension Rods. I am planning on getting the FLCA extended about a inch and a half to two inches. Also want to notch the FLCA where the tie rod outer would hit the FLCA. Also haven't decided if I wanted to run a 17x8 or 17x9 up front with about 0 offset. Trying to get at least 60 degrees. After that I don't really know where to go to try to get more angle out of this setup.

This is how it sits now. (Not aligned, Stock s14 FLCA)
Holy balls, a two inch extension? Do you want to run like -20* of camber? Mine are extended 25mm and I'm pulling -7-8* with the camber plate halfway in. I plan on redoing them with about 30-35mm and rotating the camber plate to use it to adjust caster.

The only way I can see you getting more angle (not that you're really going to need it; but if you're really after it) is to get Cor Integration's curved tension rods and front sway bar. Unless you want to change your entire setup.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #5190
Ichiban4
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ichiban4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
You cannot run the 7mm PBM spacers with the offset rack spacers. If you look at the offset spacers, you will notice the 2 tabs sticking out, these slip into your rack to center the offset spacer and prevent it from rotating.

I ran these with z33 tie rods(short as balls) + SPL outers. I still think you should be fine. They add quite a bit of length.
Ok thanks for the input, and I didn't mean put them between the rack and offset spacers, I meant between the offset spacer and actual tie rod. Anyone tried that?