Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #31
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
New wardrobe for the drift cars!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #32
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
What? It's a legitimate question. Z1 has been offering a shaved plate holder option on their 99' J-spec for years. Just saying, it'd be a sweet addition if you ever get the chance to make another mold.
ive been giving your post a lot of thought since youd made it... and after ive spent the last 24 hours mulling it over in my head, the best answer i can give you without getting frustrated in regards to your suggestion or responding with any sort of negative connotation is that ive invested almost $10,000 into this project and i really have no interest in creating a second bumper that removes something so trivial.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #33
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yikes, 10k investment.. for just a single bumper.

any plans for a type X?
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #34
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post

any plans for a type X?
nissan still makes them, so not right now. though i will be working on a certain lip soon...

Old 06-02-2014, 01:53 AM   #35
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post

any plans for a type X?
Considering one original one can fetch upwards to $1,000 it's a worthy investment even if reps are sold at half that. Not to mention the hard part is over.

Plus he did the smart thing and had the grills made as well which is another money maker seeing as originals can sell for upwards of $350 for the pair.

Honestly, I wish I knew this guy on a personal level so I could have invested in this little cash cow of his.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:49 AM   #36
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
this opens up on a possible new project. omfg
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #37
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ive been giving your post a lot of thought since youd made it... and after ive spent the last 24 hours mulling it over in my head, the best answer i can give you without getting frustrated in regards to your suggestion or responding with any sort of negative connotation is that ive invested almost $10,000 into this project and i really have no interest in creating a second bumper that removes something so trivial.
totally understable. just a food for thought suggestion.

still buying one haha
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #38
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
i don't have a s13 but i know you've been in the community for ages. thanks for supporting the 240 community with this product.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #39
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Quote:

please go back and re-read what i wrote...
Yup, see it now! Excitement made me just cruise thru too fast!
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #40
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
damn at 10k investment and a rough estimate of $690 sell 20 and youll be already in the positive end.....and i know that wont be to hard seeing that this is one of those pieces that most s13 owners want

PUT ME DOWN on whatever list you got !!!
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #41
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Very nice work
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #42
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
damn that looks nice! I wanna see it painted and installed.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #43
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
damn at 10k investment and a rough estimate of $690 sell 20 and youll be already in the positive end.....and i know that wont be to hard seeing that this is one of those pieces that most s13 owners want

PUT ME DOWN on whatever list you got !!!
lol, my profit in each bumper isnt that high. i will be back in the green though after the first batch of bumpers is sold. ive already paid off MOST of what i owed on my CC just thru freelance work, aero and shirt sales... but i havent posted a profit since i paid for the molds. most folks think im making a ton of money doing what im doing, but that couldnt be further from the truth. im just taking all of my profit and reinvesting it directly into the business (when i have available funds to do so). i dont touch the money i make with dorkidori... i work a normal day job to pay for my life, dorkidori just pays for itself.

the first batch is most likely going to be limited to 25 pcs for the first run (im going to be buying a ton of vents though, probably 50-75 sets initially) as im still working on all the behind the scenes details, hence why there is no shirt being posted for June either... Julys shirt design will most likely be all Skyline chassis.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #44
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
this is nice dude!! good stuff mate
Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #45
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
curious, how many in a batch? also how many batches can you get per mold? i know fiberglass molds don't give the same results after a certain amount of molds.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #46
Munki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn, 10k invested in one bumper mold?! That's a lot...

Anyways, these look amazing! I think you'll sell lots of these, if I had a coupe i'd buy one.

Fiber Concepts
Carbon Fiber and Plastic Fabrication.
(657)-204-6237
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #47
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
curious, how many in a batch? also how many batches can you get per mold?
im running 25 pcs for the first batch. i can run thousands of these without a problem. its a production based mold meant for high quantities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
i know fiberglass molds don't give the same results after a certain amount of molds.
fiberglass molds and injection based molds are 2 different types of mold setups. they share the same basic principals, but, injection based molds are two sided where as fiberglass molds are single sided (meaning you lay the media into the mold instead of inject it). all of my FRP parts molds are production based as well, so they will get a few thousand pulls out of them before they ever start to break down! MOST fiberglass shops just put together winky wonky, slappy slappy molds for people that will get maybe 30-40 pulls at best. the FRP shop i work with has been around for 25+ years producing replica parts for mustangs, camaros and volkswagons so their entire business is built on making the highest quality parts out there! when i fired my first shop and came to the owner of the shop im with now, he was happy to take on the project, showed me around his shop, showed me the differences in the molds the first shop made for me and type of molds he makes... HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. so, again, its all in how the molds are made that decree how long they will last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
Damn, 10k invested in one bumper mold?! That's a lot...
the entire project was $10k, not the mold (the molds were $7500). funny thing is ive spent more money on this project than most 240 kids spend on entire builds anymore... kind of sad though

Old 06-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #48
Munki
Zilvia Member

Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

the entire project was $10k, not the mold (the molds were $7500). funny thing is ive spent more money on this project than most 240 kids spend on entire builds anymore... kind of sad though

hahah yeah, I remember back when people use to actually dump money into their cars...

Fiber Concepts
Carbon Fiber and Plastic Fabrication.
(657)-204-6237
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #49
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
hahah yeah, I remember back when people use to actually dump money into their cars...
hell, my last coupe i dropped over $17k into! my current hatch is getting up around $10k for all the work ive done to it... im guessing its going to run me about another $10k to finish the car completely, which is fine as im really enjoying restoring my current 240 (#5) and building a car thats a blast to drive!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #50
actiew
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
actiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey just let me know when they are for sale. Ill take a bumper and both vents shipped to 34652. Ill figure out my own bumper issues since having the bumper is half the trouble. Just let me know. Good $hit
actiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #51
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actiew View Post
Hey just let me know when they are for sale. Ill take a bumper and both vents shipped to 34652. Ill figure out my own bumper issues since having the bumper is half the trouble. Just let me know. Good $hit
guys, please make sure to READ THRU THE THREAD! im not going to answer this question anymore since its already posted. also, im not going to let people know when theyre available... i simply dont have time for it. if youre interested in purchasing, then please pay attention to the front page of zilvia next week or go like my facebook page!

Old 06-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #52
boost infested
Zilvia Junkie

boost infested is on a distinguished road
@dorkidori_s13

replicate my front lip in polyurethane

IMG_0723
boost infested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #53
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

if i replicate a lip for the aero bumper, its going to be the old school Bomex lip that looked OEM. (fun fact, there was no OEM for the aero bumper... only for the Js/Qs/K/s bumpers)

Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #54
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
OMG Dorkidori! It's guys like you that are a godsend for this community! Thanks for all the hard work, man! I know it's gonna pay off!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #55
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
OMG Dorkidori! It's guys like you that are a godsend for this community! Thanks for all the hard work, man! I know it's gonna pay off!
no worries man, i do it because i enjoy it (for the most part, when im not arguing on facebook lol). i wanted to do something that no one else has, and i wanted to go all out for it too! so yeah have aero bumpers... will travel! lol

Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #56
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
i wanted to do something that no one else has,
Yeah man, for us guys who want a subtle looking car but aren't really in love with Instant Gentleman, your OEM reps are the way to go. Finally, no more buying legit pieces on ebay or whatever just to find that the pics online didn't really reveal how beat to shit the pieces were once you open the box.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #57
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
This is sick. makes me almost not hate you for banning me for a month
Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #58
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
if i replicate a lip for the aero bumper, its going to be the old school Bomex lip that looked OEM.
yes.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #59
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
needmore pics withit on a car
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #60
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
needmore pics withit on a car
i will be posting pics friday... after the bumper has been test fit to the original car that the OEM bumper was mocked up on by the body shop who cleaned it up and jigged it before going to production.

i thought i mentioned this information already...