Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #2731
yellowxhoodie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
yellowxhoodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
LOLWUT?

Sometimes your logic dumbfounds me entirely.

I've watched this car grow from nothing into something over the past few years (as many others have) and now you want to come along with this "throw away" attitude?

"Oh well its messed up anyways, so I'll keep jacking it up incorrectly."

I don't think so. Take care of the car man. Drive it up on bigger blocks of wood, get a low profile jack if you don't already have one, it will definitely fit underneathe the car.
Why you getting so upset over how someone jacks up THEIR car? lolol
yellowxhoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #2732
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie View Post
I don't think it was getting upset as it was a reaction a disregard for advice to some future problem avoided. This car has come along way and it would be dumb to see it suffer a dumb problem from naive mistake. Either way, so much is lost in transition on these forums. But if someone has a hard time taking advice I love to sit and watch what happens.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #2733
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie View Post
Please read the following comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
I don't think it was getting upset as it was a reaction a disregard for advice to some future problem avoided. This car has come along way and it would be dumb to see it suffer a dumb problem from naive mistake. Either way, so much is lost in transition on these forums. But if someone has a hard time taking advice I love to sit and watch what happens.
Bingo!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #2734
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://wiringspecialties.com/damony1.html
Old 08-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #2735
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Damon's S13 show/track car is work of art?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #2736
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

How many times has it been on the track?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #2737
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
haha. I know Damon would be the first to admit that his car is not a track car, nor has he ever claimed it to be. It's a "car" with no prefix.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #2738
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah yeah, I know. It's just funny how things get blown out of proportion, especially on here. I'm looking forward to Damon's response to this. I know he never claimed it to be anything other than his project.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #2739
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Not sure why they referred to it as a track car. I've never led them to believe it was one, so I'm not sure how they got that idea. Pretty funny haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #2740
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Damon's S13 show/track car is work of art. It was recently featured in the January issue of Modified Magazine and sports some impressive hardware such as a full Type X body kit and wing, Work CR Kai wheels, Bride seats and steering wheel, Greddy Intake Plenum and FMIC and a Wiring Specialties harness, just to name a few.
again with the fucking type-x nonsense. i cant understand why its so fucking hard for people to say 96-98 180sx.

type-x body kit
(stabbing myself in the eyes and ears)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #2741
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Does this thing have a set of CLEARCORNERS lights yet?
It would look great with LED everything.
Maybe they can sponsor him a set.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #2742
reaper6071

Trader Rating: (0)
reaper6071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yo really like da build, and its got me gettin ready to start one
reaper6071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #2743
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Does this thing have a set of CLEARCORNERS lights yet?
It would look great with LED everything.
Maybe they can sponsor him a set.
brian, thats a pandoras box..... guy just had a kid, last thing he wants to do is spend dough

damon, if you ever want to attempt this, give me a call and i'll see what i can do for you.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #2744
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
damon, if you ever want to attempt this, give me a call and i'll see what i can do for you.
The front position lamps and tails are really cool for sure. Like you said though, not sure I'll be able to drop that kind of cash for a while, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #2745
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
The front position lamps and tails are really cool for sure. Like you said though, not sure I'll be able to drop that kind of cash for a while, lol.
Damon, don't get your hopes up. I asked him to hook me up years ago and he wouldn't even give me a free $10 gift card to Wendy's if I bought a set of $1900 tail lights. Of course I'm probably not JDM cool enough for Mike... so you may be ok

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #2746
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Broadfield you were gonna buy a set of his over priced lights? With your craftsmanship and electrical experience, you could make some super amazing stuff!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #2747
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice, loved both these S13s when i saw them in modify
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #2748
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Damon, don't get your hopes up. I asked him to hook me up years ago and he wouldn't even give me a reach around
like many people.. i work for money. my vendors accept money. building products for sponsorship does not pay bills. toby has a family. damon also has a family. people who understand the word responsibility, understand that it takes a lot of hard work and money in order to provide. if my parts were made overseas by slave labor by the thousands, and cost me pennies to the dollar - i think things would be different. i never understand why people fail to understand this.

also, prices of all the parts i sell include all new components. i dont think anyone in their right mind would install expensive components into 20-year old weathered lights. OEM lights cost money. all of this, costs money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Broadfield you were gonna buy a set of his over priced lights? With your craftsmanship and electrical experience, you could make some super amazing stuff!
put your money where your mouth is.

many people talk about building something. do it, then talk. until then, you're just a name of the over priced wheel thats on my car.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #2749
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
put your money where your mouth is.

many people talk about building something. do it, then talk. until then, you're just a name of the over priced wheel thats on my car.
Since the thread is de-railed and we're talking about how awesome mike is, I emplore anyone with a shitload of electrical experience and know how to do what mike does and then after you charge for labor, materials, and labor, and knowledge to make the things he makes work like oem even with added features. I think it's safe to say people really discount what mike's work is.

There are plenty of imitator companies just like mikes and just like other "harness companies" after people pay for the hack jobs, they spend double to get what they should've paid for the first time around.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #2750
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
If you add up the price of everything involved to build them and then the labor, they are not overpriced. Besides, LED lighting is not my specialty... it's Mike's. Could I build them, I'm sure I could manage, but I figured if I could get a nice discount then I would buy the best out there. This was a long time ago and at the time I was unaware of the diminutive size of Mike's company. Had I known it was just him and a couple pocket monkeys making this stuff, I wouldn't have wasted his time asking. My business is the same way... just me and a couple other guys. So there is no way in hell I would sponsor anyone. If they are a major player I "may" give them 10% - 15% off, but that's it.

I'm sure people think Mike and I make a lot of money at what we do... it's quite the opposite. Running a small business and a family is not a money maker. I do it because I like it, not for the money. If we made a lot of money we would be driving a Ferrari... not a 240sx.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #2751
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Mike, I would like for you to give Damon a free set of the LED taillights that you create.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #2752
reaper6071

reaper6071 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey really like how far u have gone with dis car. so what else have u done
reaper6071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #2753
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
If you add up the price of everything involved to build them and then the labor, they are not overpriced. Besides, LED lighting is not my specialty... it's Mike's. Could I build them, I'm sure I could manage, but I figured if I could get a nice discount then I would buy the best out there. This was a long time ago and at the time I was unaware of the diminutive size of Mike's company. Had I known it was just him and a couple pocket monkeys making this stuff, I wouldn't have wasted his time asking. My business is the same way... just me and a couple other guys. So there is no way in hell I would sponsor anyone. If they are a major player I "may" give them 10% - 15% off, but that's it.

I'm sure people think Mike and I make a lot of money at what we do... it's quite the opposite. Running a small business and a family is not a money maker. I do it because I like it, not for the money. If we made a lot of money we would be driving a Ferrari... not a 240sx.
I'm not trying to clutter up this thread but you took the time to reply, so I figured I would do the same. I know exactly how it is owning a small business (founder of 2 local computer repair shops for 3+ years) there is a lot of over head and it is not a get rich quick scheme. But 1700 for a set of tail lights. Sure 600$ for the lights brand new, where does the other 1100 come from? I'm not saying he sells a set a day but geeze! At most your paying .50$ a led for superflux or topleds. Plus cheap regulators, capacitors, resistors, diodes...etc.

Pssh, don't claim you drive an average 240.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #2754
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
OK, $600 for kouki tail lights, $.50 per LED, and his kouki tailights have 936 LED's total so thats $468 so $1068 just in tail lights and LED's, not to mention the other stuff, maybe $50-100 worth of other electrical parts, well say a conservative $90/hr labor rate, those tailights probably take 5-6 hours to do correctly at least, so hes in them for roughly $1650 at minimum, $350 Isn't much profit for probably not so many sets sold.

If you dont like it, dont buy it. And if you cant deduce the actual cost of his products don't knock it. Not exactly pointing that directly at you, but theres so many people out there that are like "YOOO that shits crazy i can do that with these awesome $.02 led's and parts from radio shack discount bin. shits overpriced man."
Old 08-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #2755
badfish816
Leaky Injector

badfish816 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ this right here. People don't think sometimes

Hey Damon let's see singe more pics to calm the masses. Maybe a pic if the new born with the car.
badfish816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #2756
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Blah blah blah expensive led junk blah blah got my own business blah blah sponsor me blah blah stupid nissans blah blah I jack my car up from the body kit blah blah

Hot damn I love it Damon, glad to see all four 03's on!
And vacation!? After the baby, nice!

Let's get some pics on this page full of bs

Edit: holy shit Brian I was laughing so hard at oil change how to
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #2757
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
wait people jack their cars up from the body kits?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #2758
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Woah, thread is blowing up haha.

Not a lot to update since I'm still on vacation, but my tie rod ends show up at home today. Hoping to toss it all back together and get some more pics on Sunday.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 08-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #2759
badfish816
Leaky Injector

badfish816 is an unknown quantity at this point
god it looks so good
badfish816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #2760
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Mike, I would like for you to give Damon a free set of the LED taillights that you create.

Thanks.
damon

give me your baby and i'll give you a free set of LED tail lights