Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #241
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
No sir, There is no "easy" way to delete the A/c compressor without making custom bracketry to keep the power steering pump working, So i will be looking at removing the A/c at a later time.
Didnt know there were different brackets. I just unbolted mine and threw it away. still have the powersteering pump. Hmmmm anyways car looks good!! Love the fact its a 2j
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #242
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Worked on the car this past weekend. Went to install the new fans (Flex a lite 420) and TRD thermostat as well as the new modified and painted upper waterneck.

ran into a few issues, found out the serp. belt tensioner was bad, New one is now on. Went to install radiator it hit...first the waterpump tip, and then the A/c pulley. so we went ahead and removed the A/c, Grinded the water pump tip and the studs holding the pulley on and now they fit!

ordered some XRP fittings and line, as well as got some fittings for the return line. (should be here this coming weekend)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #243
600SX

Trader Rating: (0)
600SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As much as you don't want to, I would notch the core support. That's way to close for comfort, and you'll only be asking for problems if you don't. My .
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #244
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Got the new Precision 6266 .68A/r CEA had it polished and coated,
so i needed to assemble it.

turbo put on the car.

And decided to order a dumptube for the wastegate,after going 2 years without one.
I picked up a cheap ebay one and had it bent at my buddies shop and it worked perfectly.

Got the custom power steering line made with all XRP stuff put on.

Turned my attention to the suspension side of the car and started replacing some goods.

NEW OEM NISSAN FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS
NISMO POWER BRACE
SPL TITANIUM TENSION RODS
DIF STAINLESS BRAKE LINES
INFINITI Q45 CALIPERS
EBC SENTRA ROTORS
O'REILLYS GOLD PADS (for now)
HAWK HPS (sitting in a box till the cars back from the dyno)

Got the intake pipe fitted with the new upper water neck setup.

More Pics

Also decided to lower the daily driver and put the wheels on that we got for it last october.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #245
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Got the car to start, still needs some tweeking....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7R6p...1&feature=plcp
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #246
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
ohh shiny turbo

But looking real good bro, almost makes me want to do a build thread but I dont think im up to "Zilvia's standards"
Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #247
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
awesome sauce!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #248
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
any chance this is going to be converted to manual ?? none the less nice build i just went through all 9 pages
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #249
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That turbo is sex!
Can't wait to see her go up on the dyno!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #250
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome build. Op made my car tumblr famous so he's awesome too. Keep this up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #251
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
ohh shiny turbo

But looking real good bro, almost makes me want to do a build thread but I dont think im up to "Zilvia's standards"
Thanks man, Throw one up, Who cares whose standards it is up to or isn't you're building your car for YOU not Zilvia. Keep doing what makes you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
awesome sauce!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
any chance this is going to be converted to manual ?? none the less nice build i just went through all 9 pages
Thanks man, There has been talks over the last few weeks of MAYBE converting the car to a V160 (6spd) But that is no where near on a list. Just talks. The car has a date with Road America in June, So if we get hooked a stick might find its way into the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinggg View Post
That turbo is sex!
Can't wait to see her go up on the dyno!
Hell yeah it is, I loved the old 6265 that was on it, the new 6266 should be a great upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Awesome build. Op made my car tumblr famous so he's awesome too. Keep this up!!
Thank you! You have built a great car with some good styling. Have to like and applaud people for doing the right thing.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #252
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Little update. Had the car running... planned on going to the dyno for a tune around may 18th. Had some issues where we couldn't get the car to lean out enough to let the car idle to make sure there was no issues. Had to call and cancel the tune. Went back to work on the car, FINALLY got the car to idle at a much safer number (was at 10.6 AFR, Now in the Mid 13s) Good thing we waited cause the NEW TRD thermostat didn't seem to open the first time. Took it out and tested it and it seemed to open fine just at a higher temp then it should have (started to open in the low 170's compared to the 160 it's advertised for. Took a few other things off, gonna tap the upper water neck and run the aftermarket coolant temp sensor there instead of the lower hose. Waiting on some parts from Toyota before reassembly.

little "teaser"

Idle / Walk around video. Listen to how quiet it is with that Megan OE Type II.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCvj...ature=youtu.be

New parts from Toyota should be hear shortly, Then got to install that, fill it back up with coolant. Then retest it all. June 20th it hits the dyno!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #253
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Excited for tune!

Thats weird about the thermostat? Never heard of that problem with the TRD one....Ima be running a SARD Thermostat hopefully it does the job
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #254
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
This is good to know about the TRD thermo. I was about to order that thing today! As far as the SARD unit, is that advertised for 160 as well? What other recommended alternatives are there besides OEM Toyota?
DallasTXjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #255
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTXjdm View Post
This is good to know about the TRD thermo. I was about to order that thing today! As far as the SARD unit, is that advertised for 160 as well? What other recommended alternatives are there besides OEM Toyota?
I know Billion has Thermostat for a 1JZ

But the Sard Thermostat is rated for 68 Celcius & the TRD Thermostat is rated for 71 Celcius

I dont know of anyone running a SARD Thermo. so I kind of wanted to try it out because I know these beast like to stay warm. I always see everyone run the OEM one or TRD...I just like to always be a bit different lol
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #256
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
I know Billion has Thermostat for a 1JZ

But the Sard Thermostat is rated for 68 Celcius & the TRD Thermostat is rated for 71 Celcius

I dont know of anyone running a SARD Thermo. so I kind of wanted to try it out because I know these beast like to stay warm. I always see everyone run the OEM one or TRD...I just like to always be a bit different lol
I see... I see.. when do you plan on installing in? We are still several weeks away from dropping the engine in and just piecing it together. Let me know how it goes bro!
DallasTXjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #257
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTXjdm View Post
I see... I see.. when do you plan on installing in? We are still several weeks away from dropping the engine in and just piecing it together. Let me know how it goes bro!
Still have to finish my tubs & Paint Engine bay, but I dont want to clutter Ficktitty's thread get at me on my build thread
Old 06-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #258
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Where did you pick up your SARD one from?

I know Mishimoto makes one as well (rated at 160F) And since the TRD one has been discontinued since late last year not many places have them. I believe i had an issue with air in my cooling system and not having the jiggle valve positioned right on the thermostat.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #259
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Where did you pick up your SARD one from?

I know Mishimoto makes one as well (rated at 160F) And since the TRD one has been discontinued since late last year not many places have them. I believe i had an issue with air in my cooling system and not having the jiggle valve positioned right on the thermostat.
you can get it from RHDJAPAN & a few other sites too
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #260
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Finally got the car down to sound performance in Chicago for a tune last Wednesday.

The temperature outside was 96 degrees with a humidity in the high 60's when the car was strapped to the dyno, So needless to say i wasn't expecting much. A few hours later after a few pulls and a couple of mishaps and issues. the car got to 400rwhp on 14.7psi only being able to rev the motor to the 5800-6000rpm are due to a fuel pressure drop. (Wiring to the fuel pump needs to be upgraded) For the temperature, the low boost and the higher stalled automatic that is in the car i am pretty pleased with the setup. Still need to make another appointment for the cold start tune and for my tuner to adjust the automatic controls via the AEM EMS. But that will come once we get the boost controller in and the fuel pressure issue fixed and a few other little tweeks.

Enough reading how about some pics.

loaded into the trailer.

What is parked outside of SP.

just a camaro sitting in the shop

On the dyno.

Some kind of boring videos coming soon.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #261
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Only 6k rpm?

Should gain another 100whp by 7k!
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #262
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
very very nice build!!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #263
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Took it back to the dyno with the fuel pressure issue fixed. made less horsepower... Yeah i'm not sure either.

Got the car home replaced the rear calipers/pads/rotors. rebleed the entire system brakes now work like a DREAM. Car now has an issue with the car dying after doing a pull. Feels like on decel the car doesn't always catch an idle.

So have ANOTHER date with the Tuner/Dyno this friday. Gonna try it one last time for the year. IF this time doesn't go better and the driveabilitiy isn't taken care of the car will be parked for the year. And things will start to get sold off the car to redo a few things on it so next year it will be 100% Time will tell.

in the mean time more pics from a local show.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #264
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking good, good luck w/the tuning, sometimes they really make you work for it.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #265
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Too Clean!

So much more room with a Single
Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #266
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Thanks guy's. It's kind of humerus how i was "id be happy with XXXwhp or XXXwhp" I'm just sick of looking at it in the garage.

Another pic from a local show.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #267
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
EDIT:

I read the thread and have found the answers to my original questions.
Great build thread!!

Last edited by Big Zee; 08-28-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #268
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

i suppose i could update this.

Drove the car some this summer, had a few issued with the wiring Tech2 did to the car. Which caused us to redo a few things to get the car back running. Also noticed a small oil leak from the oil return line, guh. always something right?

We have some plans this winter which include: New gauges (Speedometer,Tachometer,Wideband,water temp,trans temp,oil temp,oil pressure) So that should look awesome, Also going to end up having my buddy at Clocks off racing redo the harness bar on the cage to allow better seating access, He is also going to build a complete custom turbo back exhaust for the car! Other updates include new oil return line and rewiring a few things to clean the car up some more as well as adding a boost controller so we can turn the wick up a little next year

Here are some pics of the car throughout the summer/fall.

ended up selling the Megan street coilovers and picked up some HKS HyperMax RS coilovers

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #269
Syncade
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Syncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-knownSyncade is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Syncade
Ever since tech2 started doing wiring, I have read so many horror stories! Glad you found the problem!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #270
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Do you recall how much you paid to get the compressor housing polished? Looks sweet!

Also with those 750cc injectors do you remember how close/far you were from maxing them?