Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #2431
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
No negatives? wtf. you are slipping.
anyways, this car would benefit from full LED lighting.
im making a change... trying to be nice, so i'll stroke damon off a bit...

i dont like the hood though, i think its horrible...
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #2432
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
im making a change... trying to be nice, so i'll stroke damon off a bit...

i dont like the hood though, i think its horrible...
I thought maybe your account got hacked, lol.

I've wanted to see my car with a vented hood for quite some time. I didn't really have anything to lose by picking it up somewhat locally, so decided to give it a shot. I think I like it, but it's probably going to be one of those things that I will be perpetually on the fence about. Fortunately it is an easy thing to switch back and forth on.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #2433
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More pictures of the hood when you get the time :P I think it could look great.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2434
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

I've wanted to see my car with a vented hood for quite some time. I didn't really have anything to lose by picking it up somewhat locally, so decided to give it a shot. I think I like it, but it's probably going to be one of those things that I will be perpetually on the fence about. Fortunately it is an easy thing to switch back and forth on.
You should just stock a couple different ones in the garage that you can change out every season...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #2435
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I like the hood. Look tits when painted

Or rock the raw fiber, get the RPS13 taillight garnish and carbon fiber gana's from rhdjapan.com

I'm such a ricer
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #2436
taran!
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That hood is going to be bananas when its painted and all ready to go! Great buy my friend!
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #2437
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Damon I'm gonna have to say the stock hood looks and fits 10x better. Not feeling it at all. I hope you switch back soon.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #2438
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Damon I'm gonna have to say the stock hood looks and fits 10x better. Not feeling it at all. I hope you switch back soon.
hey trevor... stop being magical and shuttup.

if you consider yourself a good friend, you should know not to give you friends good advice.

instead, let him rock that yoshino wangan 2000 hood so that we can all secretly make fun of him while he thinks he's rockin the dopest shit out there. :-)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #2439
Ben10
Leaky Injector

Ben10 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say no hood at all
Ben10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #2440
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
I say no hood at all
I second this... Just think about it, you engine temp will be lower than ever
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #2441
s13turbohatch

s13turbohatch is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe it would run colder with the hood on, think about it. With the hood on the air is forced through the radiator onto the engine. Rather than without a hood not nearly as much air would go through the radiator and all the air would blow over the engine.
s13turbohatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #2442
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13turbohatch View Post
I believe it would run colder with the hood on, think about it. With the hood on the air is forced through the radiator onto the engine. Rather than without a hood not nearly as much air would go through the radiator and all the air would blow over the engine.
Is this real life?
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #2443
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to russian
Quote:

paint the hood!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #2444
driftracerx
Zilvia Member

driftracerx is an unknown quantity at this point
hows the build coming so far ..
driftracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #2445
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
I haven't had any time to mess with the car in the last few days. I've been really busy helping my wife prepare for the baby's arrival in a couple of weeks, as well as helping her parents move into a new home over the weekend. I am hoping to have some time free up later this week though!

I got my Z32 BMC yesterday, so that's a step in the right direction:

I'm going to see if I can find the time over the next couple of days to make my own brake lines with the master mocked up. Once I am done with that, I will be dropping the brake booster and hood off for paint. The hood will have the old hood pin holes re-glassed prior to it being painted. I should be able to drop it off some time early next week...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #2446
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi
hey trevor... stop being magical and shuttup.

if you consider yourself a good friend, you should know not to give you friends good advice.

instead, let him rock that yoshino wangan 2000 hood so that we can all secretly make fun of him while he thinks he's rockin the dopest shit out there. :-)
Mike, I will take that into consideration
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #2447
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Anyone under the age of 23 will think the new hood is an improved look.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13turbohatch View Post
LOL! You sir win the herp-a-derp award for the day.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #2448
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Honestly, there are always going to be differing opinions when you modify your car. I've learned to take them in stride and continue to do what I want to do to the car, because I'm the one that has to drive it (or in my case, stare at it in my garage.) With the current iteration of my build, I am really going for a "Japan 2001 era" sort of feel to it. Obviously this is not going to please everyone, but that's not what I have set out to do.

Killer2001:

Do I like that you have a spray painted S15 front end on an S13 hatch?

No, not at all. In fact, I often find it frustrating that you constantly ridicule other people's cars, despite the condition of your own.

Do I think it is cool that you have stickers for sports teams on your coolant overflow?

No, I think it look stupid.

Trevor:

Do I think it is cool that you chose to spray paint your engine block black?

No. I would have personally chosen to clean the original finish or have it hot tanked.

Despite popular belief, I do have opinions on the things that other people do to their cars. However, my belief is that if you don't have anything nice to say- don't say anything at all. I don't see the need for belittling the decisions people make in an attempt to get a rise out of them.

This has been an ongoing issue both in my build and on Zilvia in general. I don't ever expect that to change (after all, this is the internet,) but this might give a little insight into why I respond the way I do, and who I am as a person. If you don't get a response to the comment you post in my thread, there is probably a reason for it.

I'm just not a person that is into treating others like this. Constructive criticism is one thing (I graduated from a pretty strict graphic design program- I can take critique) and I welcome it, but blatantly being rude or trying to pick a fight is are never going to be things that I am about. I am sure this post will start a discussion/argument in my build thread, but this will be my only addressing of the situation. If you would like to continue this discussion, I welcome your PMs.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #2449
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Killer2001:

No, not at all. In fact, I often find it frustrating that you constantly ridicule other people's cars, despite the condition of your own.

Do I think it is cool that you have stickers for sports teams on your coolant overflow?

Pew pew pew! Shots fired, shots fired!!!

I see you are watching my build thread (but have yet to make a comment in it). Hmm. What else don't you agree with? I would have much rather you have made these comments there instead of in your build thread.

Everything is laid out in my build thread as to why my car is the way it is. But no one in the general pop. is going to know because they are restricted from seeing it. This is also why my build thread isn't in this section because its not at a level at which I would deem formally acceptable.

I really don't see the need to backlash at me for commenting on your new hood with information I have not disclosed to the general population (my coolant overflow specifically).

Sorry if my comments got under your skin but that was not my intention, just giving my opinion.

Last edited by KiLLeR2001; 06-05-2012 at 11:16 AM..
KiLLeR2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #2450
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I haven't had any time to mess with the car in the last few days. I've been really busy helping my wife prepare for the baby's arrival in a couple of weeks, as well as helping her parents move into a new home over the weekend. I am hoping to have some time free up later this week though!
hey what the fuck......... lack of updates? whats more important than pleasing us with car photos. killer needs the updates. i need the updates. BRIAN HARTE, NEEDS THE UPDATES.

tell your wife i said to quit being so needy. pregnant... psssh. thats no different than cramps when its the time of the month. time to get to work honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Mike, I will take that into consideration
thank you, trevor.

Quote:
Honestly, there are always going to be differing opinions when you modify your car. I've learned to take them in stride and continue to do what I want to do to the car, because I'm the one that has to drive it (or in my case, stare at it in my garage.) With the current iteration of my build, I am really going for a "Japan 2001 era" sort of feel to it. Obviously this is not going to please everyone, but that's not what I have set out to do.

Despite popular belief, I do have opinions on the things that other people do to their cars. However, my belief is that if you don't have anything nice to say- don't say anything at all. I don't see the need for belittling the decisions people make in an attempt to get a rise out of them.

This has been an ongoing issue both in my build and on Zilvia in general. I don't ever expect that to change (after all, this is the internet,) but this might give a little insight into why I respond the way I do, and who I am as a person. If you don't get a response to the comment you post in my thread, there is probably a reason for it.

I'm just not a person that is into treating others like this. Constructive criticism is one thing (I graduated from a pretty strict graphic design program- I can take critique) and I welcome it, but blatantly being rude or trying to pick a fight is are never going to be things that I am about. I am sure this post will start a discussion/argument in my build thread, but this will be my only addressing of the situation. If you would like to continue this discussion, I welcome your PMs.
what the FUCK is all this sensitive talk bullshit?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #2451
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
hey what the fuck......... lack of updates? whats more important than pleasing us with car photos. killer needs the updates. i need the updates. BRIAN HARTE, NEEDS THE UPDATES.

tell your wife i said to quit being so needy. pregnant... psssh. thats no different than cramps when its the time of the month. time to get to work honey.

thank you, trevor.

what the FUCK is all this sensitive talk bullshit?
and with this Mike returns to usual in rare form.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #2452
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Mike is just about the only person on Zilvia that can get away with being an asshole. Everyone else is just a poser.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #2453
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:

Killer2001:

Trevor:

Do I think it is cool that you chose to spray paint your engine block black?

No. I would have personally chosen to clean the original finish or have it hot tanked.

I damn near fell out of my chair laughing. Well done!

With that said, the vented look isn't my deal, but I'm admittedly a conservative (appearennce wise) modding wierdo.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #2454
ixfxi
Post Whore!

whos who in that photo?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #2455
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
bad fitting dmax hood

Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #2456
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Oh no. Now you've gone and done it Wayne T. Edwards. Why you make fun of DMAX hood!? Now your car is subject to criticism in the form of self-answered questions.

Quote:
Mike is just about the only person on Zilvia that can get away with being an asshole. Everyone else is just a poser.

[img]
I agree. I think kuruptR would agree too. Oops!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #2457
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
whos who in that photo?
Just some random Zilvia trolls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
With that said, the vented look isn't my deal, but I'm admittedly a conservative (appearennce wise) modding wierdo.
It's for sure a love it or hate it kind of thing. I tend to think that I stick to the conservative side of exterior modification as well, but can call vented hoods a minor exception to the rule I guess, lol.

I got my new (to me) exhaust last night. I decided to switch things up a bit and go with a Trust DD to see how I like it. Looking forward to installing it and seeing what it sounds like:

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #2458
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
whos who in that photo?
I was taking the photo(s), but that's all I can tell you for now.... that shit cracks me up every time I stroll past it on my computer.

Actually, can you guess who they are? Here is the list in no particular order:
  • kyles1988 (Kyle)
  • CamryOnBronze (Damon)
  • Chester Rumble (Jeff)

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #2459
hartig
Zilvia Member