Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #211
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by camry View Post
Gran Turismo 5 might actually be pushed back to 2010 because they're focusing on making prologue better right now.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-in-2010/
thank goodness for forza
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #212
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Not sure if anyone's keeping track anymore, but there's a new update being released tomorrow which includes improved gameplay, physics, and more tire choices. I'll step away from my 360 and start freshening up again.

IGN: GT5P update
Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #213
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 cent for the 1st two weeks. i wish it was free. i guess i'll dl.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:52 PM   #214
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
I really wish they'd redo the online play interface, its so lame.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #215
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Bump this thread from the dead with a new trailer of GT5!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uQ2ayvvWY

I'm so amped for this game!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #216
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i picked up gt5p this weekend but didnt put much time into it.. doesnt really gave me *because i was ruined by always playing pc race sims, so going to a console racer i have high expectations that need to be met*

OOooO damage!!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #217
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
gt5 trailer shows 15-16 nascar racers on the track at once.
hope that really means you can race against that many cars in the game (not the 6/8 limit).
not too crazy they decided to add nascar, but it's a great marketing move.

has sony given us an actual release date yet?
I'm betting $50 with a friend of mine that Diablo 3 will get released before gt5.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #218
zerooath
98 Kouki Slicktop. Tip Dealer!

zerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zerooath
Man, I swear. GT5 better blow every other racing game out the water and out the fucking atmosphere. They are taking FOREVER with this game.

If its basically the same game as before with different locations and different camera angles and you still only have the options of adding different wheels or a huge ass wing then this game will be an absolute fail.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #219
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
damage! WRC! yay! haha, and NASCAR too i guess. i really hope that they nail down the engine sounds for once, it's something all the GT games have lacked. annoying.
the trailer didn't have any F1 cars though
dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #220
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
forza 3 will probably be out by than lol
VirtualR - Sim Racing News

the thing i hope they improve is that you should not be able to beat everyone after the first lap.. thats just too easy about these games.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:18 AM   #221
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
forza 3 will probably be out by than lol
VirtualR - Sim Racing News

the thing i hope they improve is that you should not be able to beat everyone after the first lap.. thats just too easy about these games.

Forza 3 will be released without a shadow of a doubt on October 27th.

And i quote a turn 10 employee......

[QUOTE =Racer X][QUOTE =TRC IVORBIGUN]

Have to say I enjoyed the E3 presentation especially as FM3 is going to be released sooner than I thought. However I do have a question for you all. Do you think it was wise for Dan to say "FM3 will have the greatest roster of cars on the current consoles"?

The reason im saying this is its rumoured GT5 will appear tomorrow and its rumoured this game will have nearly 900 cars! Do you think Dan should of kept quiet and waited for news on GT5 because if this game does appear tomorrow then IMO it will make Dan look a bit silly.

[/QUOTE]

Waiting for news about GT5 will make you grow old. We're going to release a game this October, let Polyphony say whatever they want. They should spend more energy creating and shipping an actual game.

--------
Brian Lockhart
Turn 10 Studios
Viva Forza!
[/QUOTE]
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #222
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Gran Turismo 5 Officially Announced » VirtualR - Sim Racing News

Quote:
Gran Turismo 5 Officially Announced

Posted 2 hours, 38 minutes ago in Console

Right when everybody was getting ready to blame Sony and Polyphony Digital for not releasing any new info about Gran Turismo 5 at the GamesCom Expo, the title has been officially announced on the Japanese GT website.

Even though no release date was given, the official feature list includes some very interesting bits. Gran Turismo 5 is said to include no less than 1000 cars, apparently not all of them in the same detail level though. 170 of the cars are said to be premium models with full interior modeling that even reacts to damage. The other 830 cars are standard models, including many cars that have been seen in GT4 before.

Also listed are over 60 tracks, more are expected to be announced later. Gran Turismo 5 will retain all the popular features of the GT series, including photo mode, the extensive career mode and much more. New features include extensive online capabilities such as private races, text/voice chat and the ability to export replays directly to Youtube. Gran Turismo 5 will be using the new user interface that has been introduced with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Cars
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 standard models (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) (Cars we have seen in GT4 before)

Tracks
60 tracks confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

Vehicle Physics
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles (possibly rollover)
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
Faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle

GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output

Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved user interface
Continuous Play for videos

Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)
Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #223
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

What?!
I thought they 'announced' this damn game a few years ago already.
This thread alone began in Aug '07.
Still no release date or planned online play (as per the article posted by Hypertek), what a surprise.
Maybe next year.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #224
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

krazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choices
sorry but forza will own... this is turning into the next final fantasy.. push back after push back... and i heard that even when they do release the game that u will have to keep buying new mini cds for updates on the game and other shit... but either way my roommate has a ps3 so i might rent it and try it IF it ever comes out
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #225
HyperTek
Post Whore!

well they keep pushing GT5 back to watch what forza does.. fuck it, once F3 drops, then GT5 drops, they cant keep still and will start developing forza 4 to beat gt5.. just you watch lol

I doubt they will make add on cds, maybe add on content via download, but i doubt they would charge for em.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #226
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

To Forza's credit, imo they have been pretty consistent, improving, & taken over the Grande Tourismo series.
You have to give them credit for releasing fairly polished driving games every 2 yrs or so.
They deliver what they say they will.

Polyphony used to be this way from the first Gran Tourismo, up to GT4.
Why GT-5 could never quite get released, I could never understand, and tbh I find it frustrating.
Wish Polyphony would just put up, or shut up with the GT-5 ordeal.
Either you give a release date and/or something newsworthy, or just scrap it.
Their dilly-dally'ing is really old.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #227
HyperTek
Post Whore!

what!?! they bearly speak.. unlike crap need for speed shift that keeps throwing out these "ima real hardcore racing game look how pretty i am" videos
Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #228
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HyperTek has made my morning with this and the PS3 slim announcement.

can't effin wait!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #229
Smackthatfourty!

Smackthatfourty! is an unknown quantity at this point
i cant wait till this comes out
Smackthatfourty! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #230
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Still no release date?? I've been playing GT4 to get my nurburgring fix lately. I really really hope they still implement further cosmetic modding apart from wheels.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #231
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
there a few new videos floating about, gamerscom/gamerscon or w/e it is

Demo footage
damage footage (which looks crap)

i'll try and find those vids again..
Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #232
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

I'd be happy if they can also add the model differences between the s13s and s14s (zenki/chuki/kouki years).

For some reason in GT3 and GT4 they named the kouki s13 hatch with an SR a 240sx, and that bothered my purist heart.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #233
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I'd be happy if they can also add the model differences between the s13s and s14s (zenki/chuki/kouki years).

For some reason in GT3 and GT4 they named the kouki s13 hatch with an SR a 240sx, and that bothered my purist heart.
I thought that was just the A-Spec version. I thought it was right in Japan.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #234
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

No idea haha. But being as perfectionist as they seem, you'd think they'd get the nomenclature correct.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #235
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
No idea haha. But being as perfectionist as they seem, you'd think they'd get the nomenclature correct.
You woulda thought so. But I think they were somewhat trying to appeal to the masses. The same people that call Kouki S13's Type X's yo cause it sounds cool.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #236
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Vid of the damage.
YouTube - Gamescom 2009 Gran Turismo 5 Damage video
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #237
HyperTek
Post Whore!

dont get me started on forza,. xbox can not support a good steering wheel from what i read because it simply cant, something to do with the way the x and y axis works on that system. but i think most of the forza players play with gamepads anyways.

YouTube - Gamescom: Gran Turismo 5 Gameplay part 1

i hope the damage really affects teh car though, will force people to take cleaner lines in online races etc.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #238
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
dont get me started on forza,. xbox can not support a good steering wheel from what i read because it simply cant, something to do with the way the x and y axis works on that system. but i think most of the forza players play with gamepads anyways.

YouTube - Gamescom: Gran Turismo 5 Gameplay part 1

i hope the damage really affects teh car though, will force people to take cleaner lines in online races etc.
Logitech G27 Confirmed by Developer, First Look

new g27 wheel from logitech. has a fuckin shift light indicator wtf.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #239
HyperTek
Post Whore!

yeah heres a video review of it
http://www.virtualr.net/srt-special-...ch-g27-review/

and the led lights to me are not in a good location

they should have did something like this which was modded to a g25

Sim racing is a big deal
YouTube - My Sim Racing Cockpit
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #240
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
that touchbuddies screen/cockpit is fantabulous... I love it...

as to GT5.. it will never be released... the nascar thing actually is a downer for me..