Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #2161
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Whoa are you serious? Everything I've heard/read made me think not.
If this is true then Cali could be an option for me at some point. Can you open carry at all? W/O a license?

Thanks man. They are ok, but they make me mad all de while.
pretty sure you just need a permit.

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs

i think open carry is illegal. not sure though, i don't own any guns myself. I just shoot my friends guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
probably because of a high capacity magazine. i know a bunch of people that have XD's here.
Yea I have friends with XDs in california.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #2162
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
glad california has strict laws, it appears to be keeping a lot of floridians out

on topic:
Old 09-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #2163
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
Out of curiosity, due to the fact that I have had my voiced my opinion on this thread many times. Besides paint, as that will be done within the month, is this (my car) "doing it wrong"?
If you have to ask, then you're doing it wrong.

Just kidding. The honest answer is, dont ask because everyone will have an opinion and in the end, do whatever the fuck you want to do. Personally, I look at your car and see a beatup heap with knockoff parts - but thats just me. I like to look at cars that people take time to modify and upgrade tastefully. MOST important is that the vehicle is maintained well.

At least your car is not riddled with stupid stickers, attention whore mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Exactly. California is rad. My parents live right next to one of the best driving roads in the country, Angeles Crest. Motorcyclists come from hours away to drive it every sunday.
I've lived here forever. I think Angeles Crest is OK, but totally over-rated. The pavement is TOO smooth (if you can believe that) and the turns are very repetitive. The only section I found entertaining is going up towards Mt Baldy. The view, however, is fantastic. Thats really the best part of Angeles Crest.

The best roads, IMO, are also some of the worst roads: Laurel Canyon, Coldwater, Beverly Glen, and of course: Sepulveda (going down to the valley). The problem is the traffic, law enforcement, etc... but assuming its a holiday and everyone is out of town - these roads are the best, hands down.

In my opinion, a good road should have its share of imperfections. Bumps, water, cambered turns, uphill, downhill, even flying past other cars make its all the more fun. You need to have a bit of white-knuckle adventure in your drive or it gets boring.... much like having sex with protection.......... (yawn, no thanks)
Old 09-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #2164
chodegoes

Trader Rating: (0)
chodegoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post

Is that broken?
That's my homie Nathan's He's running something crazy like 2º of caster with an slr kit.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #2165
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiighboost2 View Post
Thoughts on this one? lol
Looks like a turd

either that or smeared Shi*
Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #2166
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I've lived here forever. I think Angeles Crest is OK, but totally over-rated. The pavement is TOO smooth (if you can believe that) and the turns are very repetitive. The only section I found entertaining is going up towards Mt Baldy. The view, however, is fantastic. Thats really the best part of Angeles Crest.

The best roads, IMO, are also some of the worst roads: Laurel Canyon, Coldwater, Beverly Glen, and of course: Sepulveda (going down to the valley). The problem is the traffic, law enforcement, etc... but assuming its a holiday and everyone is out of town - these roads are the best, hands down.

In my opinion, a good road should have its share of imperfections. Bumps, water, cambered turns, uphill, downhill, even flying past other cars make its all the more fun. You need to have a bit of white-knuckle adventure in your drive or it gets boring.... much like having sex with protection.......... (yawn, no thanks)
suit yourself. BYAAAAHHHH. mt baldy is cool.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #2167
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
This is now the "jackasses that haven't been to California for more than a few days at a time telling people that live in California how California actually is" thread.

I've lived all over the world and currently reside in what Californians consider the armpit of the state. It's still one of the best places I've ever lived and I have no want or need to ever live outside this state.

The stupid car and gun laws are one ballot intuitive away from changing if Americans would get off their asses and vote.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #2168
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Also we have a pending court case about the legality of the state requiring a proof of need for concealed carry. It's looking like the state has the option of open carry with proof of need for CC or we become a "right to carry" state. They don't get to have their cake and eat it too.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #2169
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I've lived all over the world and currently reside in what Californians consider the armpit of the state. It's still one of the best places I've ever lived and I have no want or need to ever live outside this state.
Ah yes, Fresno.

Where every day life looks like a scene from Escape From New York
Old 09-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #2170
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Where every day life looks like a scene from Escape From New York

on topic

i really dont get the missing corner light thing

Quote:
;( going b fixed soon....r33f front
Old 09-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #2171
ixfxi
Post Whore!

this thread has gotten stale

every car looks the same. this thread should be called the 240SX Owners Club Circa 2014.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:11 PM   #2172
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
single cam. rattle canned. "turns heads all day long".... 4k

Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #2173
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
this thread has gotten stale

every car looks the same. this thread should be called the 240SX Owners Club Circa 2014.
its hard to top some of the ridiculous shit thats already been posted.
but this dumbfuck is doing it wrong in the entirety of automotive engineering.

http://instagram.com/agent_industries

worst part about it is we share the road with deathtraps like this.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #2174
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshaz View Post
its hard to top some of the ridiculous shit thats already been posted.
but this dumbfuck is doing it wrong in the entirety of automotive engineering.
http://instagram.com/agent_industries

worst part about it is we share the road with deathtraps like this.
#NoMoreRatchets....

Old 09-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #2175
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Whoa are you serious? Everything I've heard/read made me think not.
If this is true then Cali could be an option for me at some point. Can you open carry at all? W/O a license?

Thanks man. They are ok, but they make me mad all de while.
Pretty sure that Cali is a "May issue" state as opposed to a "Shall issue" state...which means you can apply for a carry permit, but the state ultimately decides if they want you to have one. And I'm sure it's not cheap like it is in the "Shall issue" states.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #2176
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So what is their criteria? Is it based on "I'm on my period and I don't want to give anyone named Jose or Jesus opportunity to carry a gun."

Or is it more scientific?
Can I sex up a bureaucrat to make sure I get my app passed?
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #2177
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
probably because of a high capacity magazine. i know a bunch of people that have XD's here.
I believe that is the case. Why It would be any safer for me to have 5,9, or 8 bullets instead if 13 or 25 I don't get.

The idea that I can go on a Tuesday evening and walk home with a product in my state for my use and it is illlegal in your state seems insane. Oddly enough both are true of my fire arms, and my car. I don't see how that doesn't bother you. Sure there are great things about Cali, but those 2 alone are incentive enough for me to say to hell with that place.

PS the feds take more of taxes than the state does as well.. My state doesn't take income taxes. Saying the feds take more so it is okay is a silly response. Like you weren't going to use it anyway so here just have it....
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #2178
PIEMAN909
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
PIEMAN909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I don't really understand what is up with the "bash bar" hype. In my opinion people who decide to replace their stock bumper supports for bash bars for no reason are clearly doing it wrong. Sure some people might have to in order to get their aftermarket bumper to fit correctly but for those running bash bars with stock bumpers are dumb. I remember reading that in most cases the stock bumper support is stronger than most bash bars.

Why does this car need a bash bar??
Old 09-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #2179
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
^^^100% agree.
That car needs to shut up.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #2180
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #2181
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodegoes View Post
That's my homie Nathan's He's running something crazy like 2º of caster with an slr kit.
Caster?

Do you know what caster is?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #2182
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitos View Post
drives with hood up, and door up to block "haters". lol
Old 09-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #2183
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
"You're doing it wrong." - A thread to ridicule turrible, just turrible ideas

^^ Based on how flat both the leading and trailing wheels are, 2 degrees of castor actually sounds about right. Stock is like 6 or 7, yeah?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #2184
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Caster?

Do you know what caster is?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #2185
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That scca lambo door car is sweet.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #2186
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
I believe that is the case. Why It would be any safer for me to have 5,9, or 8 bullets instead if 13 or 25 I don't get.

The idea that I can go on a Tuesday evening and walk home with a product in my state for my use and it is illlegal in your state seems insane. Oddly enough both are true of my fire arms, and my car. I don't see how that doesn't bother you. Sure there are great things about Cali, but those 2 alone are incentive enough for me to say to hell with that place.

PS the feds take more of taxes than the state does as well.. My state doesn't take income taxes. Saying the feds take more so it is okay is a silly response. Like you weren't going to use it anyway so here just have it....
There is much more to life then cars and guns.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #2187
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Titties and motorcycles...

..that about it.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #2188
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
There is much more to life then cars and guns.
I'm sure there are, that doesn't make cali anymore reasonable or logical about its laws and what a private citizen should be allowed to have them. I happen to like my cars, I happen to like cooking, I have a few guns (though they aren't a huge hobby), and a lot of other things. The point being your state says that you can't enjoy them. If that isn't a problem to you then why are even on car message board? Maybe the compost heap boards would be more to your liking.... idk some people like that, it isn't for me.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #2189
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
this was posted before, but incase you missed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
seen this awhile ago...finally found it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTRj8fmSQQ

Biggest 240 troll ever.

this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNQq8Zo7aO4
Old 09-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #2190
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i live in California and i enjoy those same things. you make it sound like guns and cars are banned here.
Closed Thread