Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #181
Taiden
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Taiden will become famous soon enoughTaiden will become famous soon enoughTaiden will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just found this after PMing you. this is brilliant. Those motor mounts look pretty simple to be honest.

Luke
Taiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #182
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
I noticed the double hump in your rear anti-roll bar, is that thing from the Q or a 300zx? How thick is it? Did it take any creativity or did it bolt right up?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #183
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It is a j30 rear bar 21mm same as the suspension techniques bar, it bolts right up
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #184
Ben Borawski

Ben Borawski is an unknown quantity at this point
........ygpm
Ben Borawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #185
MrHolister

MrHolister is an unknown quantity at this point
Anything new? I saw a vid of the car on Youtube....but haven't heard much else...
MrHolister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #186
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
nothing new , just getting the last odds and ends together, got a spot on my second drift event on the 29th so just getting things together.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:57 PM   #187
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Can't wait for some finished pics of it man!
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #188
bruinlax22

bruinlax22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bruinlax22
simply awesome, i'd love to see this thing in person, nice work man!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #189
BoNyG515
Leaky Injector

BoNyG515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoNyG515
great and unique project...big props to you!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #190
MrHolister

MrHolister is an unknown quantity at this point
Um......anything new? I'd love to see some new pics of the finished product..
MrHolister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #191
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Havent posted any updates in a while, been busy with work.

I took the car to a drift event a couple weeks ago, handled great, didnt notice the extra weight at all, it only ended up being a little less than 100 lbs total. Ill offset that when i get my light weight battery and carbon fiber hood.
Been driving it on weeke ends and stuff, biggest problem i have is that since the motor is so wide, theres no where for the heat to go, so im gonna have to pick up a vented hood to get rid of some of the heat, all in all im pretty happy with the car as of now.

Anyways the more or less finished product for now, till i get my, nw motor, cams and itb's.

Got the power steering and expansion tank hooked up finnally

Got some new 295 potenza so2's for the rear, still smokes them first and second gear

Then there was a local drift event, my first in two years.

Some idiot left a garbage can out on the course, ouch

Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #192
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
I Love It !

racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #193
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Here are some vids

First run killed trash can still getting used to car

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yc20EKC6U[/ame]

later run much better

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCIcZ_3qs0&mode=user&search=[/ame]

Last edited by gsracer; 08-18-2007 at 08:49 PM..
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #194
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
nice nice nice. love the exhaust, kind of like how i want to do mine.
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #195
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Untill you get the vented hood put some 5 /16 washers under the hood hinges. It will gap the hood an release som of the heat.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #196
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
saw you out there at the event that thing sounds so nasty, you came kinda late, lucky it was the first event for sfldrifters.com, i dont think they mind. and the announcer was so ignorant of what a 240 was. but you did nice, hopefully see you out there again +1
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #197
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
car sounds great nice work +1 for you buddy, that track looks like shit tho.
not sure if it was brought up allready but do you know what the engine and tranny weigh?? the car looks like it handles well
Old 08-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #198
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Sounds so nice !!!
nice work !!

By the way what are the tags to find those videos on youtube ??
Old 08-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #199
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
this is the first time reading this thread, and i know im late on the band wagon but, FUCKIN HELL, that BITCH IS UNATURAL. gorgeous work.
sounds beefy liek a mofo. and the trashcan thing didnt look too bad, coulda been worse it coulda been a pole. or a wall, or something else that tends to not move. great job on the car.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #200
Iceman00
Zilvia Member

Iceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymore
I wont lie, that car is Sex.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 AM   #201
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Amazing how if i read a "good book" i fall asleep after 3 pages, but if i find a good thread, i cant shut my eyes until i finish every last word. I spent the last hours reading this through every word, GOD i am amazed! shoot some more video footage, AWESOME build man!

Oh, and my favorite part is the fact that he spent so much money and time and effort building this thing and never bothered to replace the stupid corner light on the front right. I LOVE IT! shows that hes a true man of function over form

Last edited by INeedNewTires; 08-20-2007 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: forgot somethi n
INeedNewTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:45 AM   #202
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
Nice stuff man. Sounds really good. Nice work.
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #203
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Man Im on the v8 band wagon now I dont want another sr20
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #204
makkie

makkie is on the path to ruinmakkie is on the path to ruinmakkie is on the path to ruin
is ther a 5spd swap for the vh45?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #205
KOUKI KAN KAN

KOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKI KAN KAN is making his/her stupidity well-known
BITCHIN !!!!! sounds like a beast to . +1 for sick ass car
KOUKI KAN KAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #206
boost_it7
Leaky Injector

boost_it7 is making his/her stupidity well-knownboost_it7 is making his/her stupidity well-knownboost_it7 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to boost_it7
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkie View Post
is ther a 5spd swap for the vh45?
on the first page he says he's using the 300ZX 5-speed.
boost_it7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #207
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
crazy man. everyone should + rep this guy lol
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #208
s14>integra
Zilvia Member

s14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enoughs14>integra will become famous soon enough
man i love your exhaust it sounds like sex. Thats exactly how i want mine done. IF you don't mind me asking how much did it cost?
s14>integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #209
NI_YON_Zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
NI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud ofNI_YON_Zenki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am actually curious to know any future maintenance developments, any other options to a clutch; flywheel options at all, anywhere close by for the VH45DE. I understand smoky ran something of an Ogura clutch. possibly an OSGiken opportunity, how is the differential working out for you so far.

Very smooth build my friend. you have the patients of a Japanese pebbleman (the guys that rake those little pebbles in such a manner, it soothes you him and the blasted pebbles themselves!)

this is Big Florida Diggler, expect that track to be prolly the cleanest cornered for some miles! big ups to the trash can for not being as big a threat as the 1 in the still photo.

(P/S: does the 45 get hot fairly fast: during those sessions? I did notice a bright radiator, apologies, was it a custom type?)
Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 AM   #210
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
That is on of the sickest cars on here. Everyone has a sr but thats original.
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote