Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #181
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
hasemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Give me a heads up when you install the titanium downpipe. I was checking that part out but instead I went with a Mine's pipe. I was nervous about the fitment and the flexing ability. I have a tomei complete ti pipe and would like an entire ti system.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #182
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasemi View Post
Give me a heads up when you install the titanium downpipe. I was checking that part out but instead I went with a Mine's pipe. I was nervous about the fitment and the flexing ability. I have a tomei complete ti pipe and would like an entire ti system.
yea I was in heavy debate over the complete mines setup or midori setup as well. I've always wanted mines and everyone says that the equal length front pipe sounds the best of all. But for some reason I went with the midori. I've heard other vendors say the quality of midori was a little better. But that is just coming down to having say something over the other for comparison reasons. Obviously you can't go wrong with either one. I also kind of like the exclusiveness of the midori setup. I'm 99% positive I may have the only full titanium setup in the states thus far. But then again, the complete setup with shipping cost more than probably 90% of the "build threads" here lol. I was going to wait until I get some turbos to mount up all the exhaust stuff since its basically an engine out task. But at the same time, if we gotta take the engine out, I want to have a bunch of shit done(clutch, oil system issues, possible front diff) so I can get it all in one clean sweep. I'm working on that now. The car has been sitting at my house for a month and I still haven't even seen it lol. I'm hoping to get laid off this week so I can finally go home and tinker on it.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:27 PM   #183
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Finally. I see this thing. After 15 hours of driving. Bought it in December, its now September. I made it......and I am blown the fuck away. This car is awesome. Its super clean. Like brand new clean. It pulls hard. It goes where you point it. It turns heads. It will get you mass amount of bro dudes wanting to tell you how alpha male you are. You will get 0 pussy in this car because to much dicks are in the way. Every ricer feels the sudden urge to rev his crappy 4 cyl at you. Every 1988 camaro feels the need to let that shitty v8 exhaust breathe. Take it easy red dragon, no body is impressed. Besides, I smell oil burning.

You're life is not complete without one of these. I promise you. I can see why this car spanked up everything in the late 80's and early 90's. It is more than I thought it would be. It's just fun. It feels relatively new. Since this one is so damn well maintained, it literally feels brand new. I don't even want to mod it lol. It's just perfect. Can totally see how fun it would be on a track etc.

on to pics of cool shit.

Brand new blue letter 360mm leather nismo steering wheel and horn button. So soft. Feels awesome.

Genuine Nismo/N1 hood maul

60mm nismo oil pressure gauge

Old nismo leather shift knob

Box of goods

r34/nur coil cover garnish

Nismo timing belt

Pitwork oem idler/tensioner pullies and spring

OEM water pump....heard N1 pumps can cause over heating in traffic etc. Good for track use.

Nismo 276 l/hr fuel pump and tank lid gasket. I didn't know it already came with one!

Nismo knob and yellow fashion lighter installed, I need to detail the interior still

ARC titanium cooling panel installed

Omori titanium strut bar, nismo oil cap, nismo radiator cap installed

Put one nismo recaro in

Gave it a wash. Keep in mind this is factory 25 year old paint. NO wax, polish, buff, clay bar, etc. Just soap and water.

First tank of gas (before wash)

What you looking at?

tomorrow I got some stuff planed. See how far I get. Should be fun though.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:22 AM   #184
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The wait is over! must feel really good.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #185
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
UGHHHH... Sweet baby Jesus, dude! This is thing is mint.

That wheel though....

Old 09-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #186
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Did more work today. Also fixed the grill and cooling panel. Damn plastic clips were worn out.

gas cap cover

Coil cover

Nismo hood maul. Kind of nervous drilling into your mint ass ride lol. But it was simple. They give you a template to use. Pretty professional.

Looks so much nicer and a bit more aggressive I think. Makes the grill look more functional. I don't think I will use the bumper ducts. I am digging the no ducts look. Just so clean looking.

Gauges install

Seats are in.

Restored the intercooler

when I got it.

straightened the fins

fresh paint on the lettering and polished the end tanks

Will install it tomorrow. Should look pretty sharp I think. I also tried to install the steering boss and the steering wheel. But the adapter ring wasn't lining up. I believe I bought the kouki r32 steering boss. I have a zenki car. It fits no problem, just the damn steering wheel ring holes are off. So I will probably have to get a custom piece made and drilled. Also I don't think the horn will work as there are 3 connections, but my wheel and horn only have 1. I dunno, I have to look into it more.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #187
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
The wait is over! must feel really good.
Its awesome. So happy with it. Its so damn clean. Its weird. I get people stopping at the house. People following me video taping etc. It's crazy lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
UGHHHH... Sweet baby Jesus, dude! This is thing is mint.

That wheel though....

It is very mint. All the hoses look new. The belts I think have to be new. Gaskets look new. I havent been under the car yet, but I don't think I will have any surprises. Drives like a dream. Very solid. Stock power is fun also. It has some pickup.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #188
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post

Seats are in.
[img]OMFG[/img]

[img]DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM[/img]
GOD DAYYYUUUUUUUUUUMMMMM! Those seats!!!

So jealous!
Old 09-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #189
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
now, after all the baller parts have been acquired and put in a storage unit, you now have an equally cool car to put all the shit on haha.

Stoked for you on the car. I like that so far, and I dont' think/hope you dont, you're not going overboard with it. Simple, oem style and clean. Everything so far is tasteful and nothing too insane. just good touches here and there. I definitely think its the small touches in cars like these that contribute overall. Have fun!
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:51 PM   #190
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Yea that is pretty much it as far as cosmetics go for me. I did take off the rear wiper. Once I get some plugs for the rear glass I will fully take it all out. The only thing I will probably get sometime in the future is a front under tray/diffuser what ever you want to call them.

I could have the full genuine nismo get up, but I don't really like it. As crazy as that sounds. I just don't think its all that necessary. The skirts are somewhat cool, they look more aggressive. The rear spats I can't stand. The little mini "chibi" spoiler does nothing. It actually adds drag to the car. The front bumper ducts are obviously functional, but for some reason I don't like the look anymore. Maybe for a track/time attack car. But after seeing this in person, the bone stock look is just perfect to me.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #191
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you St Louis or KC side of MO?
Old 09-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #192
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Im in St. Louis
Old 09-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #193
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Some big money parts there, pretty jelly on a few of those.

Car is looking good though. Can't wait til I can get mine back to the states.

EDIT: Also the ARC panel is suppose to go under the top center vent.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 09-24-2015 at 07:01 PM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #194
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
My lord that thing is clean... that hood maul really looks great. I'm getting me one!
Old 09-24-2015, 12:38 PM   #195
HellaSexyS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
HellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
can we hang out? no homo lol. beautiful build
Old 09-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #196
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Keep us updated with that nismo boss. I have one too.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #197
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This is the best thread on this site.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #198
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Reading this page just made me hate CA even more. Such a cool car and parts list
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #199
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Yea I already fixed that. The damn grill was super loose, almost fell out. The cooling panel helped hold it down lol. But I have zip tied it on now. It's way more snug. No body can just come up and yank it off and steal it. Those plastic clips are kind of screwy.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. The car is just fun period. It just grips lol. Hopefully I get to the intercooler tomorrow. Found out the factory speed limiter is 200 km/h lol.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 PM   #200
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Car looks amazing man!
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #201
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

I've been busy these past couple of days. Hard to believe I've only been with the car for 4 days. It's came a long way.

Pic of the HKS hipermax II

Stock intercooler

Nismo Intercooler twice as big....a lot less weight. They are made by HKS.

Then buffed it, washed it, polished it, washed it, waxed it, washed it. It was clean before.....now it looks brand spanking new. Wish I had some professional photos lol. Cell phone pics will have to do.

Looks Tuff. Rear view mirror terror!

Also detailed the engine bay. The pic doesn't do any justice. This is the most impressive part of the car IMO. It looks new minus the few paint chips in the covers.

Last edited by BossHogg; 03-02-2017 at 10:02 AM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:19 PM   #202
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Gorgeous!!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:16 AM   #203
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Living the dream man

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #204
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Now this is what I'm talking about! I love this thing!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #205
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Ok I was rummaging through my pile of parts and found that tomei titanium straight pipe that I bought for the 240. Since the BNR32 and S13 share the same style of straight pipe, I just threw it on the 32.

This also gave me a chance to take pics of the other parts under the car.

Fujitsubo Legalis R evo

HKS kansai front brace bar

HKS kansai rear brace bars

Nismo front upper links

Old 09-28-2015, 05:55 AM   #206
hasemi
Zilvia Member

Did you lift the rear car by the chassis rails? Big no no if so. Pretty much 95% of the GTRs have crushed chassis rails from the parking lift garages in Japan.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #207
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

I didn't use the jack on the actual rails. We put the stands at the end of the rails where they are more beefy. Driver side then passenger side. It's sitting on 4 stands here. These rails are pretty good. No area's are crushed. We just put the stands where we could see previous "used" spots.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #208
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I can not get over how clean your car is. I can only hope to find AND afford an R33 GTR that is as clean as your R32, once they become legal.
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #209
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
I can not get over how clean your car is. I can only hope to find AND afford an R33 GTR that is as clean as your R32, once they become legal.
Thank you. That is one of the reasons I bought it. Plus it wasn't already tuned to the hilt like a lot of them. I think you will be able to find one. I honestly don't think the r33 will have a high markup compared to r32. R33 are naturally pretty cheap because they are kind of the ugly duckling of the r32 and r34. Despite probably being the best performer of them all. They got the active LSD and knocked 22 seconds of the r32 lap time at nurburg. An r34 is just a slightly refined r33. From all the reviews I read, everyone who owned a r33 said the 34 wasn't the same feel as a 33. But either way, if you own any GTR you will be happy lol. Although I am starting to get used to stock power.....uh oh lol.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #210
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Here is some photos from a cars and coffee that some people took. It's still cell phone pics though lol. It's funny pulling in and taking the attention from all the ferrari's, lambo's, vipers etc. Even had a few old guys say it was the coolest thing on the lot. 20 thousand nissan lol. Had a r35 owner all over it. He said that this is the pure GTR lol. He loved it.

This might better show the detail job

Here I am next to a hellcat. Audi r8 V10 behind me.