Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #181
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Attention for the people who are interested. The manufacture has got the boards in stock.

So if you like to purchase the kits you can do so. However I am leaving for South America this Sunday the 23rd and I come back Jan 5th. So I wouldnt be able to start on them till the 6th but they will be there waiting for me.
MegasquirtCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #182
frosti108
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
when you say to warm it up before calibrating... do you mean just give it power and ground or do u mean i have to let it sit in the car while its running?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #183
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Give it power and ground. Dont install the sensor until your done calibrating.

When you give it power and ground with the sensor connected, it'll take about 1-2mins and you'll notice the sensor will get hot. Be careful cause it can burn you.

After your done calibrating, install in exhaust and off you go.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #184
logik23
Zilvia Junkie

logik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of light
How do you know when the sensor needs to be replaced? Does it tell you when you try to calibrate it?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #185
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
champagnes13 is making a name for him/her selfchampagnes13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
any word on when i should be receiving my wideband?
champagnes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #186
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by logik23 View Post
How do you know when the sensor needs to be replaced? Does it tell you when you try to calibrate it?
Usually when a wideband starts going bad, it'll jump back and forth from "normal" readings to "extreme" readings, and since you won't have changed anything, you'll know it's the sensor (instead of "OMG I must have blown something because my A/F's keep jumping from 13.5 to 7 every 2 secs during a cruise down the highway").

Most burned-up widebands will still calibrate fine, in my experience.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #187
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Alright I got champagnes13 and the homeboy from Canada packages were shipped out earlier in the week.

The only one left is Santiago, his is only delayed because the display was out of stock, they were restock before I left, so its already on its way. Once I get it in I just have to pop it in and package up the kit and off it goes and that will be the last one.

The reason I couldnt get it out the day before my vacation was I tried something new for the harness and it didnt quite work out the way I wanted. So I ran out of time, I was working on them till 4am and I had to leave at 6am since it was a international flight.

Anyways got backed fixed the problem and shipped out after I tested them.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #188
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Just like jordan said, it'll jump around to extremes. However though if you have the sensor to close to the turbo, extreme EGT's will cause the sensor to give extreme readings as well.

A fouled sensor will cause slow readings.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #189
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
thats nice, for a diy kit very clean and neat!
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #190
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

when I do version 2 they will be a lot more professional but also a bigger price tag.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #191
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
champagnes13 is making a name for him/her selfchampagnes13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wideband recieved jan 22nd. thanks.
champagnes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #192
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Hope you like it man, like I said I tried something different with the harness and I wasnt happy so I went back to the way I did the others, aparently experimenting bit me in the ass and I couldnt ship them off before my vacation.

Anyways enjoy, hit me on this thread or PM for any technical support.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #193
S14DrifTmATic
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
S14DrifTmATic has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
by any chance are these kits still available
S14DrifTmATic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #194
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I do these kits by per order. Send me a pm. I'm working on one right now and will have that finished for another customer, I just received another order. So if you like send a pm and we can go from their.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #195
Harris
Leaky Injector

Harris has a spectacular aura aboutHarris has a spectacular aura aboutHarris has a spectacular aura aboutHarris has a spectacular aura aboutHarris has a spectacular aura aboutHarris has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Harris Send a message via AIM to Harris Send a message via MSN to Harris Send a message via Yahoo to Harris
I shall be contacting you on the 15th regarding this. I know that I talked to you a while back about this, but I wasn't able to come around to working on my car until just recently.
Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #196
frosti108
Zilvia Member

frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
ok so to calibrate it i should be giving it power and ground and then hit the calibrate button? will anything happen when i hit the button?

i tried to calibrate it without giving power and ground, but when i hit the button nothing happened. haha
Old 04-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #197
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Yes to calibrate the sensor you must give ground and power. Give it a few minutes and the sensor will get hot, becareful it can burn you. After its nice and hot hit calibrate while connected to the computer. You should probably be at a reading of 34.8 I think this means your full oxygen lean. once calibrated you can install into exhaust and give it power and ground off you go.

If you have questions and I dont respond fast enough the CD has FAQ and manual.

If you lost the CD heres the file just install and the manual is installed at the same time.

http://14point7.com/JAW/Soft%20and%20Doc/JAW%20Deploy%20Setup%201.15.exe
Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #198
Rockogtr
Zilvia Member

Rockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the roughRockogtr is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Rockogtr
is the new version out yet? and if is everything in stock how long would it take to make it?i might be intrusted in getting one
Old 04-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #199
frosti108
Zilvia Member

lol sorry for posting that same question again i didnt realize i had already asked. the only computer i can get the software to work on is one at my job LOL they think im uploading viruses and shit

thanks again man
Old 04-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #200
mifesto
Zilvia Member

mifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nice
just to add my penny, i've had some experience w/ wideband with my supraTT and evo and both case, you do NOT leave a wideband o2 in the bung unpowered for long durations. it will simply burn it out if its unpowered. also u have to be careful to power it up AFTER the car starts or it will get cold shock from the initial moisture that blows out of the exhaust at startup. also bung must be above the 3 o'clock or 9oclock position to minimize the moisture it will be exposed to. bung should be before the CAT but close to it as possible (rough rule of thumb) to be far from the turbo
mifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #201
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockogtr View Post
is the new version out yet? and if is everything in stock how long would it take to make it?i might be intrusted in getting one

I havent had a chance to work on version 2. I have several projects I'm working like version 2, Honda ecu conversion, my powdercoating, work, school.

However I do hope to have a prototype done soon and what I'll slowly do is build stock from smaller items to the actual PCB.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #202
frosti108
Zilvia Member

alright i just calibrated it the right way lol

heat was at 16, i hit calibrate. it said to make sure its in free air and the heat value is correct, and then i hit ok. so thats all i need to do before it goes in the car right?

ill let you know how she works for me
Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #203
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good stuff
Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #204
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post
alright i just calibrated it the right way lol

heat was at 16, i hit calibrate. it said to make sure its in free air and the heat value is correct, and then i hit ok. so thats all i need to do before it goes in the car right?

ill let you know how she works for me

thats correct. make sure you turn the wideband on first before starting the car. Other than that your good to go man.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #205
frosti108
Zilvia Member

works good. just need to weld on the rest of my exhaust now lol

the sensor is so close to the end of the pipe that atmospheric air messes up my reading under partial throttle and below. but i tuned for WOT so far!

now im going to mount it up all nice in my dash somehow
Old 04-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #206
Phil703
Leaky Injector

Phil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymorePhil703 is not welcome here anymore
+ 599999999

Good write up.
Phil703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #207
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I just want everyone to know I will not be assembling anymore kits for any members of this forum. Im sorry it has come to this as quite a bit of you guys are very supportive and the customers who waited patiently I thank you all and will still be offering technical support. As for the customers who purchased a few weeks ago, I will continue support and finish your orders.

Again I apologize to the people who were planning on having me assemble them wideband kits but unfortunatly some members on here ruined it for you guys and Im not gonna continue to deal with the drama.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #208
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Sorry to hear that Megasquirt... I know there are some ignorant folks that bandwagon-bash, and some people just aren't patient once they pay money for something. In my opinion, you've been straightforward with everything and offer a good product/service. Hopefully you'll keep checking your PM's

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #209
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post

You call that data logging?
OMG get the fucking LM1 out!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #210
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Sorry to hear that Megasquirt... I know there are some ignorant folks that bandwagon-bash,
Fuck that shit, I don't think alot of people bandwagon. I sure don't I'm the lonely mother fucking drifter, no ghey ass crew name either, I just know cheesy gimicks and items that will fall apart before your eye's!!!