Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #19051
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToniTuna View Post
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get a new/reman steering rack for a S13 online?
Rockauto.com

have you tried them? ^
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #19052
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
Rockauto.com

have you tried them? ^
I forgot about rock auto smh. Gonna see what they have. I saw there is an ebay store "Detroitaxle" selling them for 230? Any reviews on those?

EDIT: Just checked rockauto and saw that they sell the "A1cardone" rack. I heard those were not that great?
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:02 PM   #19053
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm probably just being paranoid but wanted to ask this question anyway;

I bought some used SPL toe arms, which I didn't realize the previous owner had put loctite red on to keep them in place. During the fight to adjust them, the distal end bent. I heated it up and bent it back as close to normal as possible, then completed my alignment. Car is driving fine now, but just wanted some piece of mind that it shouldn't cause major issues in the near future. Either way, I will probably end up buying a new set just to be sure.

The red lines in this picture basically show a slight exaggeration of how they are bent as of now:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26720_SPL_SPL RTA [email protected] (45.3 KB, 17 views)
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #19054
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
so I got my rb25 in and am getting it all ready to go, and I have noticed that you can't mount the fan shroud onto my mishimoto radiator without it hitting the power steering and crank pulley.
That's fine, upon researching it I see that everyone puts the fans up front and makes em push through the rad.

My question is, is it alright to use the little fan mount ziptie thingys, and how does one convert the fans to push instead of pull. I was thinking I could just reverse the two wires but that obviously won't work because there is only two wires (not three phase). do I turn the blades around or something?
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:20 PM   #19055
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I'll defer to your experience.... The kouki had a Bosal. Sentra's was not Calsonic, nor Bosal, but some random US made stuff that simply rusted straight to hell before the car even started to rust.

This would be a great subject over brews and fire cooked food
I used Calsonic very 'openly' but to date I've never had a full, top to bottom, tank to tank, radiator in full metal this side of super old stuff (namely domestic cars/trucks) to have 'full metal' radiators.

Would you happen to have pictures of them?

I'm seriously baffled if they had metal end tank setups as I've never EVER had one haha. And I've cut the ends off a bunch for scrap too (oh the horirble ness of me lol)

And beers and fire cooked food? That means we're not even talking cars :P haha.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #19056
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
I got new injectors and now my car is running rich on boost. I have an AEM ems and unsure what values I must amend to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #19057
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
I usually grease them. I find it helps to seal on the manifold. I'd try grease before RTV.

Also make sure there's no dirt stuck in there that would push the grommet aside.
Grease for sure, i'd take it all apart, inspect all rubber o rings and the sort, and slap it back together.

Vasoline works great, as does SuperLube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post

is there suppose to be some sort of bushing that goes in the hole where the clutch pedal connects to the cmc rod?
Yup, it's like a little plastic 'top hat' that sticks in and then you can't push it through anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToniTuna View Post
I forgot about rock auto smh. Gonna see what they have. I saw there is an ebay store "Detroitaxle" selling them for 230? Any reviews on those?

EDIT: Just checked rockauto and saw that they sell the "A1cardone" rack. I heard those were not that great?
All the same stuff, some are good, soem aren't. Same with any remanned unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse13 View Post
I bought some used SPL toe arms, which I didn't realize the previous owner had put loctite red on to keep them in place. During the fight to adjust them, the distal end bent. I heated it up and bent it back as close to normal as possible, then completed my alignment. Car is driving fine now, but just wanted some piece of mind that it shouldn't cause major issues in the near future. Either way, I will probably end up buying a new set just to be sure.

The red lines in this picture basically show a slight exaggeration of how they are bent as of now:
It's probably 100% ok, bent or not so long as it aligns straight.

With that said, if you're that concerned you can always have a local welder repair it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
My question is, is it alright to use the little fan mount ziptie thingys, and how does one convert the fans to push instead of pull. I was thinking I could just reverse the two wires but that obviously won't work because there is only two wires (not three phase). do I turn the blades around or something?
You can mount them that way, but you'll want to get PUSHER fans. Reverse polarity won't make the air flow different, as you'd need to swap the balde direction too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicerwolf View Post
I got new injectors and now my car is running rich on boost. I have an AEM ems and unsure what values I must amend to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Take it to someone who can tune the car.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 01-20-2016, 04:00 AM   #19058
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I used Calsonic very 'openly' but to date I've never had a full, top to bottom, tank to tank, radiator in full metal this side of super old stuff (namely domestic cars/trucks) to have 'full metal' radiators.

Would you happen to have pictures of them?

I'm seriously baffled if they had metal end tank setups as I've never EVER had one haha. And I've cut the ends off a bunch for scrap too (oh the horirble ness of me lol)

And beers and fire cooked food? That means we're not even talking cars :P haha.
Sorry, no photos of stock stuff. It's all been replaced by ISIS from Enjuku.

You would love the fire cooked food and beer thing here, and cars, specifically 240SX's and Skyline's are pretty much all anyone talks about, well that and drifting or the next 'trace' run
Old 01-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #19059
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Sorry, no photos of stock stuff. It's all been replaced by ISIS from Enjuku.

You would love the fire cooked food and beer thing here, and cars, specifically 240SX's and Skyline's are pretty much all anyone talks about, well that and drifting or the next 'trace' run
Haha . I just want the smoked meat! jk jk jk

Old 01-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #19060
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

you need to either change the Set-up Wizard for your exact injectors,

Or find the battery offset spec (6v to 16v) from manufacturer

then use one of the drop down tabs at the top (cant recall which at the moment),

Allows you to insert your old injectors @ 43 PSI, then insert new injectors @ 43psi, and it will scale the fuel map for you.

I did this a couple days ago.

Quote:
Grease for sure, i'd take it all apart, inspect all rubber o rings and the sort, and slap it back together.

Vasoline works great, as does SuperLube
I have such a hard time believing that grease helps seal a vacuum leak... maybe Im over thinking. I get a vibe that a little RTV would be better.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #19061
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you guys think of these kits? It's exactly what I'm looking for when I'll be lapping the car and the warning lights are definitly a nice addition. The only downside is that they are 2 5/8" gauges and I'm not sure I'll be able to fit all three in the radio bezel even If I do my own back plate.

https://www.allstarperformance.com/p...&part=ALL80112

I'm thinking of getting the ALL80112
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #19062
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Yup, it's like a little plastic 'top hat' that sticks in and then you can't push it through anymore.
Thanks for the response!!!
It looks like mine has it but for some reason the metal pin that goes through it is too small causing is to move around a little. Is this normal?
Old 01-21-2016, 05:39 AM   #19063
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Haha . I just want the smoked meat! jk jk jk
It's a bit of a drive for you, so when we get things fired up in Spring, I'll let you know a month or so in advance. We smoke ribs, brisket, and pork butt(pulled pork), and chicken for those non mat eaters.

I know Grimm, Levi, and a few others lurk here and they can attest to the quality of the stuff that hits the table
Old 01-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #19064
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
you need to either change the Set-up Wizard for your exact injectors,

Or find the battery offset spec (6v to 16v) from manufacturer

then use one of the drop down tabs at the top (cant recall which at the moment),

Allows you to insert your old injectors @ 43 PSI, then insert new injectors @ 43psi, and it will scale the fuel map for you.

I did this a couple days ago.
Thanks for responding. I did that when I first got the injectors. I'm thinking about adjusting the boost fuel trim. Here is a picture of the current chart.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #19065
Aftermarke7
Zilvia Junkie

Aftermarke7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking for a random ass part because my 240 is actually missing them.

I am in need of the two rubber stoppers, one on each side of the hatch, that support the hatch when its closed. Lacking these causes the hatch to drop lower then the fenders and it looks "off".... mainly because it IS "off" lol

Anyone reading this know what these are even called or where to buy them new?
Aftermarke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #19066
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
http://www.frsport.com/Nissan-65822-...r_p_32864.html

you might make these or the outer hood ones work, or look up the part number and order them from nissan or courtesy nissan or wherever oem parts are sold
Old 01-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #19067
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
does anyone know if PBM sells replacement parts for Tension rods.
gerson408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #19068
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Thanks for responding. I did that when I first got the injectors. I'm thinking about adjusting the boost fuel trim. Here is a picture of the current chart.
How experienced are you with engine management? That map plays a huge role with fuel delivery. But id be careful if you're street tuning, let alone by yourself.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #19069
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
What wheels are these? Seen them before but i can't for the life of me remember the name.
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #19070
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
What wheels are these? Seen them before but i can't for the life of me remember the name.
I believe those are weds zeta 03's

They can only be purchased of Yahoo auctions man. major baller stuff
Old 01-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #19071
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
I believe those are weds zeta 03's

They can only be purchased of Yahoo auctions man. major baller stuff
After many many hours of searching, I found that they are AME Shallen LX Wheels. Thank you for replying though
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #19072
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmurf View Post
After many many hours of searching, I found that they are AME Shallen LX Wheels. Thank you for replying though
there is no such wheel as a weds zeta 03........i thought it was kinda obvious....
............you're welcome I guess. ..........I feel bad now.......I mean it was sorta funny right?
Old 01-22-2016, 08:41 PM   #19073
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
How experienced are you with engine management? That map plays a huge role with fuel delivery. But id be careful if you're street tuning, let alone by yourself.

Very inexperienced. I have yet to touch this map. I'm probably gonna use the values that were on the base map. What are my biggest risks of adjusting it by myself?

Old 01-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #19074
Dmoss

Dmoss is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Starter/engine issues

So I have an 1989 s13 coupe, completely stock and automatic. I've been working on it to get it running and it was fine, until I noticed that the exhaust manifold on the right did not have any bolts or a gasket, which I think may have tripped out the O2 sensor and making it run rich. That I know is a problem I have to fix. However, one day I drove to school (It ran bad but it still ran/drove fine) and on my way back home I ran into some issues. Firstly, I was going around 55mph when I heard a loud grinding sound. After that, the rpms started going down and me pressing the gas pedal did not change anything. Thirdly, the engine finally stopped and everything locked up. I'm not sure if I put it in neutral at this point but I was able to pull it in a side street. After stopping, I tried turning the car back on but all I heard was a buzzing sound. An observation I had without checking the actual dash is the temperature of the engine was very hot. Also, I checked the starter without taking it out yet and I saw a loose plug I have no idea where it goes I can't find anything. Sooo I'm just wondering if: Do I just need a new starter? Is my engine seized? How big of an issue is this? I'm taking out the starter soon I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this issue. Thanks!
Dmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:08 PM   #19075
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Can this be repaired, or do I need another connector with a couple inches of wires sticking out of it?

http://imgur.com/GzOi7No
Old 01-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #19076
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Does anyone know where I can get a black carpet with the cutouts and I'm talking black black not that faded black look. Thanks
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #19077
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a black carpet with the cutouts and I'm talking black black not that faded black look. Thanks
Bought mine from stock interiors, fit is 9/10. The back foot wells near the drive shaft hump are the worst, but no one is back there.

Also, the "not being cut" wasn't that bad, just slit it down the middle with the OE carpet over top. Then install and trim the sides and center console. The seat holes weren't that hard, just have a sharp knife to cut the holes out.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #19078
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Bought mine from stock interiors, fit is 9/10. The back foot wells near the drive shaft hump are the worst, but no one is back there.

Also, the "not being cut" wasn't that bad, just slit it down the middle with the OE carpet over top. Then install and trim the sides and center console. The seat holes weren't that hard, just have a sharp knife to cut the holes out.
Hmm alright man I'll have to check it out thanks-
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:53 AM   #19079
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

I'm looking to get one of these also. What's up with the rear foot wells by the driveshaft?
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #19080
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Very inexperienced. I have yet to touch this map. I'm probably gonna use the values that were on the base map. What are my biggest risks of adjusting it by myself?

If you have to ask what are the risks, Id try to research/learn about tuning internal combustion engines.. There are 14 videos on YouTube about explanations and initial set up on your AEM series 2. I suggest watching all 14 and take notes. (its actually extremely informative)

Risks are uncontrolled detonation, lean conditions, etc. All can lead to engine damage if not careful. Watch the wideband closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomoongoose View Post
Can this be repaired, or do I need another connector with a couple inches of wires sticking out of it?

http://imgur.com/GzOi7No
You "could" cut the wires about 6" back and slip heat shrink over each wire (adhesive lined is best). Only if the wires aren't frayed. Then re-connect wires appropriately.