Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #151
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Forgot this one too..

Piers Morgan Gets OWNED By Ben Shapiro - YouTube

And I cant stand Rosanne Barr AT ALL..

Ted Nugent Bitch Slaps Roseanne Barr DOWN - YouTube
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #152
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Because the mentally ill that flip and turn violent is extremely rare. A regular person that gets angry or scared and shoots someone is far more likely than a psychotic break . Somethings you cannot stop in a society.
Both sides don't want to touch the Mental Health issues. One side is the Stigma and branding people crazy. The other is the total lack of Mental Health Care. Which bleeds into health care debating. Slippery slope none of them want to get on.

In other news CC is legal in Arkansas churches.

and..

Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #153
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Because the mentally ill that flip and turn violent is extremely rare.
But if they are the ones that shoot up a school full of kids every 6 months...

Quote:
A regular person that gets angry or scared and shoots someone is far more likely than a psychotic break .
Not sure what you are getting at with the "Scared" comment, but someone that is "angry" or "Raging" (catching a lover cheating on you) is most likely going to still commit homicide even without a gun. Knives, fits, blunt objects, cars... just because you don't have the best tool for the job doesn't mean you'll not finish the job.

Besides, the primary user of gun violence is not raging scared people, but gang members, criminals and drug dealers/addicts. I'm sure you will find most gun crime is simply tied to another crime - dealing, stealing, gambling, ect.

Quote:
Somethings you cannot stop in a society.
So why punish the rest of us? Just admit that we have sick people and should accept 20-50 people killed each year in a mass shooting.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #154
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Both sides don't want to touch the Mental Health issues. One side is the Stigma and branding people crazy. The other is the total lack of Mental Health Care. Which bleeds into health care debating. Slippery slope none of them want to get on.

In other news CC is legal in Arkansas churches.

and..
Honestly lets break this down.

Crazy as fuck people kill a total of 20-60 people a year in a while crazy shooting spree... in a country of 320 MILLION people.

40 to 60. Thats it.

That, in no way is a valid reason to change gun laws when up until recently everyone was cool with the 8-13k a year killed in "normal" gun violence.

This is a cultural issue. This is a drug issue.

Americans are more violent then our western counter parts. We beat up more people. We strangle more people. We rape more people. We kill more people... with and without guns.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #155
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Piers Morgan gets angry after losing Gun Control debate and throws his notes towards his guest ! - YouTube

Ret. Marine Joshua Boston vs Piers Morgan Gun Control Debate - YouTube

GOA's Larry Pratt DESTROYS CNN's Piers Morgan on CT Shooting - YouTube

Piers Morgan Gets Butt Kicked by Ted Nugent for Trying to Stranglehold 2nd Amendment - YouTube

Why Piers Morgan HASNT quit his job yet, or should I say why the fuck does he have that job, I dont know. He is the most ignorant bastard Ive ever seen. Not only does he know he is wrong, he wont let anyone else talk because he know he is gonna get schooled. Im surprised no one has reached across the table and knocked him the fuck out...
That guy just won't quit..

Asking every same questions and gets same answers but keep just asking more..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #156
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm laughing at anyone that can't see Piers Morgan is trolling the fuck out of America. Mr. "I just don't understand why anyone would need and AR-15, with 3 rounds" after a hundred people intelligently explained to him why.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #157
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm laughing at anyone that can't see Piers Morgan is trolling the fuck out of America. Mr. "I just don't understand why anyone would need and AR-15, with 3 rounds" after a hundred people intelligently explained to him why.
I don't see why anyone needs to buy a can of Soda with more then 6oz of cola in it.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #158
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
That guy just won't quit..

Asking every same questions and gets same answers but keep just asking more..
Lol but he asks a question, the person starts answering, then he cuts in with "Here let me, let me, let me ask you this.."

Quote:
He alwayssssss talks about AR-15s because they have been involved with the last mass shootings. But any other "assault rifle" is ok.. Like switch it up man.

On another note, WHY does he feel like he can shit on OUR rights? Go back to Britain ya fuck, have fun with all the crime (caused because of the gun control laws) that you never mention and never let anyone else menton
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #159
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Honestly lets break this down.

Crazy as fuck people kill a total of 20-60 people a year in a while crazy shooting spree... in a country of 320 MILLION people.

40 to 60. Thats it.

That, in no way is a valid reason to change gun laws when up until recently everyone was cool with the 8-13k a year killed in "normal" gun violence.

Americans are more violent then our western counter parts. We beat up more people. We strangle more people. We rape more people. We kill more people... with and without guns.
I don't think it's a gun issue as a cultural issue. I find that the people that want to ban guns usually want to ban or restrict other things too.

I don't agree on infringing on other peoples rights/happiness to make yourself fell better or more comfortable.

We are more apt to not help people or throw them in a loony bin. Then help them be functioning members of society.

Easier to keep arresting them and making money putting them through the system over and over. Take all their rights away so all they can do is commit crimes and you have a viscous cycle.

Ultimately it is the person being violent not the tool they choose to use to commit the violence. Restricting access to to one of many ways to commit violence doesn't fix the root problem. Just moves it around like a shell game.

Still first world problems comparatively.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #160
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Seeing as they are probably going to pass some kind of legislation in the near future, (New Jersey already bans guns with more than 1 bullet iirc) what do you guys suggest noobies like me to do? I want to have atleast something in my house (we live in a good neighborhood which has been a target for home invasions in the past few years and my dad owns a business and comes home with 3 or 4 thousand in cash every night).

I just want to own a medium size pistol (same thing that the police has, maybe a little bit of an upgraded version). I'm not looking for an AK or a Tec9 or whatever the hell they call them. Can someone point me to a particular forum or should I just join any Gun forum? I have talked to police officers (who sound like no one should have a gun), gun shops (who pretty much just want to sell me shit that probably has been sitting in their displays for 4 years), and gun enthusiasts (who sound like they would shoot anything that moves on their property). I can't seem to find a person who just has a gun and isn't fucking paranoid about aliens and shit.

Sorry for the thread derailment. Maybe someone can pm me
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #161
Corbic
Post Whore!

For home defense?

12 gauge shot gun. Standard semi.

Far more accurate in the dead of night, intimidating, easy to use and low risk of over penetration.

If you want a hand gun I suggest a full-size Double-action revolver for the home.

No messy magazines, stove piping, safeties or remembering to rack a round. Just pull and bang.

If you can't defend your self with 6 rounds your just putting everyone around you in danger because you are not aiming - just shooting.

Take a safety course. Put at least 300 round down range with it. Factor this in with your purchase price.

$75 course
$125 ammo + range fees
A typical DA wheel gun will be ~$700 new.

Don't get hung up in caliber arguments. Your can get special "hot loads" for actual carry in place of the cheap, ineffevtive "range" ammo.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #162
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thank you for the quick and informative response Corbic. Money isn't the issue, just getting it done properly and safely is my issue. I was planning to go to a gun range and practice, as well as properly storing the weapon too.

This is good, I wont need that huge of a gun cabinet/locker thing. Thanks again sir
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #163
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Ask your gun questions here: http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...un-thread.html
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #164
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
For home defense?

12 gauge shot gun. Standard semi.

Far more accurate in the dead of night, intimidating, easy to use and low risk of over penetration.

If you want a hand gun I suggest a full-size Double-action revolver for the home.

No messy magazines, stove piping, safeties or remembering to rack a round. Just pull and bang.

If you can't defend your self with 6 rounds your just putting everyone around you in danger because you are not aiming - just shooting.

Take a safety course. Put at least 300 round down range with it. Factor this in with your purchase price.

$75 course
$125 ammo + range fees
A typical DA wheel gun will be ~$700 new.

Don't get hung up in caliber arguments. Your can get special "hot loads" for actual carry in place of the cheap, ineffevtive "range" ammo.
Shotgun myths
Buckshot doesn't over penetrate Ammunition Drywall Penetration Analysis Test (Adpat))
Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #165
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Thank you for the quick and informative response Corbic. Money isn't the issue, just getting it done properly and safely is my issue. I was planning to go to a gun range and practice, as well as properly storing the weapon too.

This is good, I wont need that huge of a gun cabinet/locker thing. Thanks again sir
apu, just get a glock 22, easy to shoot, clean, and its safety disengages as you pull the trigger, shotgun isnt always the best in tight spaces. idk about where you live but in cali Overal length is at least 30 inches for shotgun/rifle. thats a big weapon to maneuver in a house
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #166
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Shotgun myths
Buckshot doesn't over penetrate Ammunition Drywall Penetration Analysis Test (Adpat))
Flawed test. Walls are not normally hollow and there is usually furniture, clothing ect on either side. Also a few stray pellets are less likely to be fatal then a few stray rounds.

Honestly, you can get rock salt as well, might even help in a self defense case because you can prove you where limiting the amount of force you where using. Nobody is getting up after a blast of rock salt from 5 ft away, assuming it didn't kill them.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #167
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
SANDY HOOK FATHER OWNS CONGRESS - YouTube
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #168
Corbic
Post Whore!

http://fxn.ws/UeGi2X
Let's ban 3D printers and gun powder now!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #169
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I was wondering how you guys felt about Alex Jones. Crazy conspiracy theorist or prophet? I think he makes a lot of sense but is extreme. I'm on the fence. Either he's right and if we over look what he talks about then we're s.o.l. or he's a total loon. That or he's trying very hard for ratings. Military & Police React to Obama's Total Gun Confiscation Plan - YouTube

EDIT: did a search and just saw the sandy hook conspiracy theory thread.

Was thinking earlier today, our govt is trying to do to us what they do to n. Korea, China, etc... take their weaponry away. I get that nukes are different from AR/hi cap mags etc... but it's really the same thing if you look at it from a bigger picture. How do you anti gun control guys feel about the US trying to stop other countries' advancement in weaponry? I can agree with a ban of any weapon if it's banned from everyone. For example, stop N. Korea's testings of nukes or whatever is they're testing IF we relinquish or stop our own testing. Ban our semi auto weapons and hi cap magazines if the govt/police/ etc... ban theirs too. Makes since right?
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #170
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Crazy conspiracy theorist or prophet? I think he makes a lot of sense but is extreme. I'm on the fence.
Pretty much how I feel. He makes sense to a point then goes too far and sounds crazy. I don't really pay him much attention as a result.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #171
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

If you are in Washington state you better get on the phone now.

e: Recap for WA voters: Senate Bill 5737 would ban the sale or transfer of any gun with a detachable magazine. Grandfathered guns would be required to be kept in a safe and subject to inspection by the local sheriff. You'd have the option of turning your guns in to a law enforcement agency for destruction.

Sounds bad? It is. Will it pass? Who can say? Spike it into the grave to make sure.

Find your state senator and representatives and call them. Email if you want, but call. Call Governor Inslee's office as well: 360-902-4111
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #172
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I own firearms to commit homicide.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #173
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Nazifornia trying to ban "assault shot guns" WHO THE FUCK COMES UP WITH THIS SHIT?!

They should just come out and say it, they're trying to ban the Tarus Judge and similar revolvers that will shoot shotgun shells.

I hate to say it, but if I lived in Califuckya I would probably go postal like Dorner.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #174
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

So sorry for you CO folks. They just past universal background checks, ended campus carry and implimented a 15 round mag limit. Magpul has promised to move their opperations out of state. I guess with all of that new pot revenue the state government said "don't let the door hit you!"

Gun control; coming to a State near you!

Seriously, stop wining about LIEberals this and that and start getting active.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #175
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

I agree with this.

Also, I know its easier to say, but not all liberals are anti gun. I consider myself a liberal on most issues, however I think people should be able to own whatever guns they want.
turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #176
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
For home defense?

I don't really agree here. There is a reason why no agency's use revolvers. Messy magazines? What messy about it? That it can hold more than 6 rounds? I don't have a safety on my gun. My semi-auto is always loaded and ready to go. You can always get a DA or DA/SA semi-auto handgun if you prefer.

What if they're are 3 intruders and you get into a fire fight? I'm sure as hell you would rather have a semi-auto with a 16 round mag and the ability to reload extremely quickly.

That's like saying you would rather be on the dis-advantage because it is simpler.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #177
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
I don't really agree here. There is a reason why no agency's use revolvers. Messy magazines? What messy about it? That it can hold more than 6 rounds? I don't have a safety on my gun. My semi-auto is always loaded and ready to go. You can always get a DA or DA/SA semi-auto handgun if you prefer.

What if they're are 3 intruders and you get into a fire fight? I'm sure as hell you would rather have a semi-auto with a 16 round mag and the ability to reload extremely quickly.

That's like saying you would rather be on the dis-advantage because it is simpler.
What happens that one time you forgot to rack a round?

What happens when that first casing stove pipes?

What happens when that striker breaks?

I know these are all statisticly next to impossible but so is a raging gun fight with three people in your house at 3am exhange 500 rounds.

There is still a lot of debate on cops having pistols. Accidentally discharges are up 500%, accuracy is way down, shots fired is way up and weapon failures are up.

Panicked people tend to empty there weapon...dumbing 6rds is often better than dumping 15 into god knows where.

Additionally even if you have 3 attackers - 2rds each is more than enough.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #178
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

There are statistics that say ccw holders have a better hit ratio than cops. I think because most ccw's are hobbyist that practice regularly.

I think that LEO's should not be given exceptions. If NY wants a 7 round limit so should the police.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #179
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
There are statistics that say ccw holders have a better hit ratio than cops. I think because most ccw's are hobbyist that practice regularly.

I think that LEO's should not be given exceptions. If NY wants a 7 round limit so should the police.

Doesn't matter if they limit to 7 or 5 or whatever,

Criminals will have an access of larger capacity magazines from other 49 states and from Mexico to go to NY to shoot.

It is definitely the stupid law by liberals who hates guns and trying to disarm citizens.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #180
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Looks like Biden agrees with Corbic

Biden: 'Buy a Shotgun! Buy a Shotgun!' | The Weekly Standard