Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #151
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this started out with such promise and then came the crush bent exhaust rubbing againts wiring and the bmc. I was going to suggent running a remote remote resevoir for the bmc like hondas do but that wont help that crush bent pos downpipe from catching the coil pack wiring on fire.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #152
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
rb25 = cheaper than SR. i get rb25 auto longblocks for 900. 1000 with 20 trans.
= DIR

You need a RB25 trans, full pullout is typically $2,200 + ship. SRs are $1,700-2,000 anymore.

The RB also has that awful intake manifold, but it does come with a T28.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #153
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
= DIR

You need a RB25 trans, full pullout is typically $2,200 + ship. SRs are $1,700-2,000 anymore.

The RB also has that awful intake manifold, but it does come with a T28.
rb25 motorsets here. with a 25 trans is 1800 + ship. your buying your shit from the wrong place appearently.

also you dont NEED a 25 trans. who told you that garbage. granted I have one but you dont need one. i drifted an entire season on a 20 trans thanks.

have bought plenty of motors goob.

my point was that you can have an rb25 IN you car for much less than an SR. its possible. all i was saying.

also. that awful intake manifold works. you saying that is like saying boo boo bee boo the SR has that god awful head and every bolt hole is stripped!

please stop sounding like you know what your talking about.

to the OP: nice looking build. I would like to see what you did as far as an "angle mod"
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #154
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

also you dont NEED a 25 trans. who told you that garbage. granted I have one but you dont need one. i drifted an entire season on a 20 trans thanks.

my point was that you can have an rb25 IN you car for much less than an SR. its possible. all i was saying.

also. that awful intake manifold works. you saying that is like saying boo boo bee boo the SR has that god awful head and every bolt hole is stripped!

please stop sounding like you know what your talking about.
JHot Bro.

You must be feeling pretty insecure to be whipping out personal attacks already.

I don't care that you "can" run a RB20 trans, it's still doing it wrong. Why would you want to run a weaker, inferior transmission? That is one of the benifits of the 25, it comes with a strong transmission.

As for the intake, it IS horrid. I don't care how well it flows, it's an eye sore and a PITA to route IC piping. It will also contribute to hood clearance issues depending on application.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #155
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
personal attacks are because you are an idiot. just listen to yourself. bro.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #156
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

OzzYNMotioN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy0778 View Post
rb25 is roughly the same price as an SR....???
no not really, all the RB25s ive seen for sale are 2,400+++ for a complete swap. and parts for repair or upgrades are hella expensive, you should know this. -_-

Quote:
rb25 = cheaper than SR. i get rb25 auto longblocks for 900. 1000 with 20 trans.
well i woudl like to know where you are getting that cheap of stuff from, even then like i said to shaggy0778 there very expensive to build and to maintain! just for a greddy intake mani its 1,300 bucks o_O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygrud View Post
Making pretty good time man! There's a event at cfrc this weekend too. I wanna see it run!

But to add to the rb25 debate , they're MORE expensive not "roughly" the same price. Parts are much more expensive and harder to find. S1 or S2 Rb25? How many headaches do you want? His choice of the SR is much smarter then a Rb series and has plenty of room for power for his goal.
yea i know, i might be there bust most likely not with the SR36, but im gunna try to get it running properly this weekend most likely Saturday will be the day. and for the finishing of the RB25 debate you hit the nail on the head, they are way to expensive to maintain and build up for what im planning to do, all i want is maybe 400whp at most which would be perfect in my setup.

any for everyone else... HOLY HELL, i didnt mean to turn this into a shit storm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
this started out with such promise and then came the crush bent exhaust rubbing againts wiring and the bmc. I was going to suggent running a remote remote resevoir for the bmc like hondas do but that wont help that crush bent pos downpipe from catching the coil pack wiring on fire.
why hate on my build? did you seriously just come in here to sound like a badass, and to pick on someone else because you can? also you are incorrect on my coil wires burning up, they wont burn up. i mean why waste your time bad mouthing what i have done, its quite pointless.
OzzYNMotioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #157
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

i wont say openly on a public forum. but i bring a lot of business to this company and always gives the best prices. if you are interested in any motors let me know.

i dont see an rb any more expensive than an sr to upgrade or maintain. ok i understand a greddy manifold is 1100 bucks. but i have found deals on all my parts and built it relatively cheap.

As a matter of fact my rb25 neo with rb25 trans with splitfire coilpacks cost me 1800 cash.

not trying to turn this into a debate thread. i hate no it alls and i hate people who glorify SRs. like they are some indestructible god motor
Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #158
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Doing an RB25 on a budget is a bad idea.

Ask me how I know.

I like this build but...

...I really think you should do whatever it takes to make your down pipe go down instead of to the left.

No hate, just really don't want you to hurt yourself or waste your loot.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #159
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
i wont say openly on a public forum. but i bring a lot of business to this company and always gives the best prices. if you are interested in any motors let me know.

i dont see an rb any more expensive than an sr to upgrade or maintain. ok i understand a greddy manifold is 1100 bucks. but i have found deals on all my parts and built it relatively cheap.

As a matter of fact my rb25 neo with rb25 trans with splitfire coilpacks cost me 1800 cash.

not trying to turn this into a debate thread. i hate no it alls and i hate people who glorify SRs. like they are some indestructible god motor
well im not one of thoughs people that think these SR motors are godly in such, but they are reliable and affordable to maintain and build so thats what im going for. and sense you can get RB25 swaps cheap,when this SR decides to blow up ill deffently will be contacting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Doing an RB25 on a budget is a bad idea.

Ask me how I know.

I like this build but...

...I really think you should do whatever it takes to make your down pipe go down instead of to the left.

No hate, just really don't want you to hurt yourself or waste your loot.
thank you i understand your concern, and i really appreciate it. for right now im just going to keep the down pipe set up now, and then when its running properly, and i start drifting it full time ill be building a more reliable down pipe set up.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #160
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you stop using the word hater as a defense to people questioning your obviously horrible exhaust set up. Even if that shit doesn't burn your car down, which it will, your engine bay temps are going to be hysterical. Why do you want more exhaust in the bay than you need? You did alot of other custom work, just make route that shit down. I want to know your reasons as to why "it won't catch my coil pack wires on fire." why wouldn't it? You surely know how hot turbos get.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #161
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY WORK AND COME ACROSS AS ASSHOLES JUST STOP FOLLOWING MY BUILD NOW!

and for all my supporters thank you for the ideas, and tips, and being undertsanding.

Last edited by OzzYNMotioN; 03-20-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #162
NOOBdrifter

Trader Rating: (0)
NOOBdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No! Don't lock it! =(
I'm enjoying this build thread!
It's inspiring, you're the same age as me and already doing engine swaps and building your own drift car. I really want to start doing the same thing.
I'm saving up money and learning as much as I can, and hopefully I'll start as soon as possible.
I'd say you just TOTALLY ignore the people who keep bringing up the same issues that you've already addressed (or new ones) and that you keep posting pictures of your work on the car.
Good luck!
NOOBdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #163
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOBdrifter View Post
No! Don't lock it! =(
I'm enjoying this build thread!
It's inspiring, you're the same age as me and already doing engine swaps and building your own drift car. I really want to start doing the same thing.
I'm saving up money and learning as much as I can, and hopefully I'll start as soon as possible.
I'd say you just TOTALLY ignore the people who keep bringing up the same issues that you've already addressed (or new ones) and that you keep posting pictures of your work on the car.
Good luck!
well im glad your enjoying the build, i guess ill keep posting. i wish i could just block all the assholes that always have to complain about my work.
yea the only reason i know this much is because my father is a mechanic (master mechanic certified)and we have our own shop so it makes things easier.yea save up money do research read random ASE work books, and search random car parts up.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #164
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's called criticism dude. You post things for the whole world to look at, not everyone will like it. All I was saying was fix that downpipe. I don't recall any posts where anyone just said mean things for no reason so stop crying and keep building.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #165
shaggy0778
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
shaggy0778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygrud View Post
Making pretty good time man! There's a event at cfrc this weekend too. I wanna see it run!

But to add to the rb25 debate , they're MORE expensive not "roughly" the same price. Parts are much more expensive and harder to find. S1 or S2 Rb25? How many headaches do you want? His choice of the SR is much smarter then a Rb series and has plenty of room for power for his goal.
Having owned both, I will agree that rb parts are harder to find and more expensive, but the motors alone are pretty much the same. plus rb sounds badass but I know his reasoning for going sr, and I don't disagree with him, I was just pointing that out
shaggy0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #166
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
It's called criticism dude. You post things for the whole world to look at, not everyone will like it. All I was saying was fix that downpipe. I don't recall any posts where anyone just said mean things for no reason so stop crying and keep building.
lol i dont think you posted anything against me lol. i was just singling out the anti Floridian assholes.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #167
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

i love you guys. make me feel so smart. good luck with the build.

as far as you getting butt hurt with criticism. deal with it. your posting on a public forum. this merica ! its a first amendment right for people to say what they want. you just need to stick to your guns. there's a lot of trolls on zilvia. but they're harmless. ignore them. don't get bent out of shape like your downpipe. seriously. that shit is jacked. just saying. i have made many of downpipes . you will melt your shit. im telling you this as advice not criticism .
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #168
shaggy0778
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
shaggy0778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
don't get bent out of shape like your downpipe. seriously. that shit is jacked. .
LOL fucking lost it here. Laughed out loud in the middle of class
shaggy0778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #169
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy0778 View Post
LOL fucking lost it here. Laughed out loud in the middle of class
LMAO

No, seriously... that oilpan you made looks whack
winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #170
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
The build is awesome, but that downpipe is fail.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #171
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
LMAO

No, seriously... that oilpan you made looks whack
cool.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #172
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
The build is awesome, but that downpipe is fail.
thanks, and yes i know the down pipe is shit.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #173
M3dranom014

M3dranom014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzYNMotioN View Post
thanks, and yes i know the down pipe is shit.
Bro your the Shit! For coming up with an idea like this
M3dranom014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #174
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
^ I'm assuming you're a friend of his since that was your first post and you're both in Florida?

Ozzy don't stop updating the thread just cause you have guys fighting in here and shit. This is Zilvia.

The downpipe sucks yes and you could fix it by making your own manifold that places the turbo further forward, etc....but this build is interesting to follow, I'm curious to see where it's headed.

I think a lot of the guys criticizing the down pipe are just fearful of the fiery doom that may await you, in all honesty.

Keep on updating
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #175
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
^ I'm assuming you're a friend of his since that was your first post and you're both in Florida?

Ozzy don't stop updating the thread just cause you have guys fighting in here and shit. This is Zilvia.

The downpipe sucks yes and you could fix it by making your own manifold that places the turbo further forward, etc....but this build is interesting to follow, I'm curious to see where it's headed.

I think a lot of the guys criticizing the down pipe are just fearful of the fiery doom that may await you, in all honesty.

Keep on updating
actually i have no clue who that is lol, yea im not going to i was just really pissed off that day. but ill have updates and videos soon.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #176
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

SR kinda UPDATE!

2 hours of translating Japanese and finding colors of the each of the wires and where they went too, this wiring is a literally a bitch to do but im about 50% done, i just need 4 more relays so i can start mating the harnesses's. sense our shop is connected to a body shop, im just going to run over there and take a relay panel off of a crashed/totalled car.

just going through the SR harness.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #177
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
looks like you are having a blast with the wiring hah
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #178
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
looks like you are having a blast with the wiring hah
Hahah yea this wiring is going to be the death of me.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #179
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i bet if you ditch that vband adapter you'd have room to clear the steering shaft.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #180
OzzYNMotioN
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
i bet if you ditch that vband adapter you'd have room to clear the steering shaft.
yea i though about that, but i looked into it and i don't have enough room between my steering rack and tranny.