Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:02 PM   #151
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I also want to do an early model e30 (with euro bumpers and all the rare DE bits) with an f20c. The s14b23 is cool and I love it, but def not suited for a street car.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #152
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^f20c isnt really a 'street' engine also
Old 11-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #153
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^According to you.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #154
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Keep it German, 1.8T
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #155
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
I also want to do an early model e30 (with euro bumpers and all the rare DE bits) with an f20c. The s14b23 is cool and I love it, but def not suited for a street car.
Ya not feeling this idea. It's like theRB powered E36 I saw advertised in San Diego. Just wrong, great engines but not for a German car.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 11-12-2014 at 07:45 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #156
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I love CATuned stuff.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #157
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^According to you.
our definitions of streetable are different it seems.

I want torque across the powerband so stepping on the pedal in 5th or 6th gear I am moving somewhere.

the beauty that is a S54 dyno graph. (stock engine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Ya not feeling this idea. It's like thhe RB powered E36 I saw advertised in San Diego. Just wrong, great engineers but not for a German car.
+1 funny because I feel the same way but I am fine with american powered bmws.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #158
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ls doesnt belong in any bmw.

Bagged 850 turbo s38 or 2j
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #159
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
LOL

I gave up on the notion of "purism" a long time ago...

I'm never satisfied with the performance of the M GmBH engines out of the box, especially for the money. Is it cool? Sure. But cool will only get me so far. To get my s14b23 where I want, I'd need to dump 15k in parts into it BEFORE any machining costs. Am I going to do it? Maybe. But the fact is that its just impractical to spend that much money for the little gains I'll see.

I'd maybe be at 250-280 WHP out of the VAC 2.5L stroker, the head work (296/288 cams, shim under bucket conversion, valves/springs/ P&P), headers (1k +), KMS Full standalone/necessary sensors/new wiring harness, Coil On Plug Conversion, Gruppe N oil pump, baffled pan, DTM airbox, Larger ITB's....

yeah. pointless.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #160
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
LOL

I gave up on the notion of "purism" a long time ago...

I'm never satisfied with the performance of the M GmBH engines out of the box, especially for the money. Is it cool? Sure. But cool will only get me so far.

To get my s14b23 where I want, I'd need to dump 15k in parts into it BEFORE any machining costs.

Its just not practical.
to be fair the s14 is one of the most maintenance heavy motors bmw ever put in a production car.

not really quite sure what youre trying to do with your motor, you didnt mention what the car is used for.

I guess I am not sharing the same feelings of jadedness that you are experiencing because I think my e36 w/ its stock s52 is all kinds of fun the same goes w/ my bone stock e21 w/ m10.

the m10 is getting a oem rebuild soon then im going to put a bajillion miles on it. some mild cams along the way, simple bpu mods.

theres all kinds of bmw engines and setups to get the e-peen excited for.

Last edited by vanish1; 11-13-2014 at 12:33 PM..
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:28 AM   #161
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
to be fair the s14 is one of the most maintenance heavy motors bmw ever put in a production car.

not really quite sure what youre trying to do with your motor, you didnt mention what the car is used for.

I guess I am not sharing the same feelings of jadedness that you are experiencing because I think my e36 w/ its stock s52 is all kinds of fun the same goes w/ my bone stock e21 w/ m10.

the m10 is getting a oem rebuild soon then im going to put a bajillion miles on it. some mild cams along the way, simple bpu mods.

theres all kinds of bmw engines and setups to get the e-peen excited for.
I can understand this my stock s52 has a fair amount of get up and go. Why , because they Torque in spades. Seriously the swap I want to do is the S54 into the E36. 300 whp with the extra torque.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #162
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I can understand this my stock s52 has a fair amount of get up and go. Why , because they Torque in spades. Seriously the swap I want to do is the S54 into the E36. 300 whp with the extra torque.
yes s54 is pr0n, bpu s52 is titties, and the s50b32 is gangsta as well.

the best 'budget' s54 builds ive seen are the ones where the guy finds a wrecked e46 m3 for a good price, flips parts off of it to offset the cost.

part of me wants to import an euro e36 as a parts car, swap in all the goodies.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #163
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Funny after hearing some of the talk here..I never understood the hate for motors in different chassis.
I have been contemplating a motor swap for my E93, since the TT kit is taking forever to come out, and I seriously thought about a fully built RB or
2J with like 800hp.

I could care less about brands/labels/names etc..
I like a beautifull car + perfect motor that works just right for me.

if it gets the job done and pleases me then its perfect!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #164
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

you cray for considering a RB or 2J in place of your S65

n55 or lsx would be more appropriate
Old 11-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #165
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
you cray for considering a RB or 2J in place of your S65

n55 or lsx would be more appropriate
because I heart hi powered turbo...
and as much as I love the majestic S65, and it sounds like an exotic, I need more then 400hp..and 300tq..
The vert is very heavy....so it feels laggy.
I also consider the S85 supercharged a good option, ...if that makes you guys feel happy.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #166
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ts-750whp-mark

just saying......
Old 11-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #167
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah I like the N54/55 and the new M4 motor, they have potential too, I would consider that also.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #168
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
See, this is why I've always had love for the 135i/335i. I always felt that the N54 was the second coming of the 2JZ and that those cars were stat for stat modern JZA80 Supras.

Even with their questional reliability issues, I'd rather have one of these than buy another car that needs a radical engine swap or N/A-T project to make it come alive.

The Beemer's vague steering issues have got to be a lot easier to figure out and fix rather than swapping an Audi V8 into a 17 year old Porsche...
Old 11-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #169
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
See, this is why I've always had love for the 135i/335i. I always felt that the N54 was the second coming of the 2JZ and that those cars were stat for stat modern JZA80 Supras.

Even with their questional reliability issues, I'd rather have one of these than buy another car that needs a radical engine swap or N/A-T project to make it come alive.

The Beemer's vague steering issues have got to be a lot easier to figure out and fix rather than swapping an Audi V8 into a 17 year old Porsche...
Just buy an e36 M3 even stock they really are not bad . It's not a case of feeling it does not have enough power.
I found what happens is you get used to it and want more. I take people for rides and punch it and they are pused back in there seats and I am just like ya it's quick. Lol.
Thing is you don't really have to do an engine swap either. Put a Supecharger on it and it turns into boosted monster.
I just like NA enough that an E46 M3 engine sounds inviting. Extra 100 hp. drop in.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #170
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Just buy an e36 M3 even stock they really are not bad . It's not a case of feeling it does not have enough power.
I found what happens is you get used to it and want more. I take people for rides and punch it and they are pused back in there seats and I am just like ya it's quick. Lol.
Thing is you don't really have to do an engine swap either. Put a Supecharger on it and it turns into boosted monster.
I just like NA enough that an E46 M3 engine sounds inviting. Extra 100 hp. drop in.
I think with some cars balance is key. If it is a dd that gets driven around it gets old having suspension that cant travel or drivetrain issues because the hp/tq is over stressing the car.

The nice part is that there are compelling arguments for each method of madness, n/a vs boost.

silky smooth n/a I6s w/ ITBs vs boost thru overbuilt motors.

BMW over the past 40 years has released compelling engine choices each decade with the current gen re-entering the boost age.

The only real knock on current generation of cars besides electronics is the increase in weight which brings about disconnect of 'feel' between the driver and the road.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #171
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, I'll take an overbuilt & boosted motor any day of the week. Feel free to enjoy the ecstasy of your N/A engine as a boosted one with easily double your hp or more blows your doors off at the track.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #172
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I cringe every time someone brings up the notion of purity.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #173
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

I dont think anyone said they would choose a n/a motor over a boosted one.

why choose one?

thats the point really, so many great motors and chassis not everything needs to be maxed out w/ boost.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #174
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Too many people here are stuck on turbo. NA motors can be fun and torque monsters in the 6 and 8 cylinder world. Turbo's are fun and can be awesome at usually higher maintenance costs. It's just that way. The person who says Turbo or go home is just as close minded as the person who says NA is the only way.
Thing is BMW builds some powerful NA motors that are nothing to look down your nose or sneer at.
SR owners tend to have turbo itis . Or Turbo on the brain. Try and step back and look at the bigger picture in some applications Turbo is great in others NA can do a great job.

I can tell you though with Turbo you will spend more time fucking around with shit.lol

Oh and ya I used to own and drive a RB25DET powered S13 so put that in your my turbo will kick,your ass pipe and smoke it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:03 PM   #175
simmode1
Post Whore!

As stated, its all just preference. I prefer turbo. Yeah, an N/A jza80 Supra might be fun but most would prefer the TT version. Same discussion, IMO. I'm not knocking BMW's N/A motors. They're pretty damn robust. But should you ever get the itch for a substantial power increase, you know turbo is the way to go.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #176
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
true^

i prefer NA though.

one of my brother's good friends has a e90 335i with a tune, downpipes, exhaust etc. and it has like 400hp... crazy how much power it makes with so little done. pulls on my m3 easily. (e46)
Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #177
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I'll take an overbuilt & boosted motor any day of the week. Feel free to enjoy the ecstasy of your N/A engine as a boosted one with easily double your hp or more blows your doors off at the track.

this thread is full of LOL.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #178
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^How so?

Oh hi there...
Old 11-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #179
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

hhhnnnnnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhhhh
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #180
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

the e46 m3 is tits <3