Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #17851
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
YO

whre can i find these tail lights?

look closely at the lens. It is molded like the OEM tail lights. I realize the lens is not usually transparent red. Yes, i've looked on eBay.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #17852
zfortune
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
zfortune is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
If you are looking for an OE fitment pad for the above, the
Centric Posi-Quiet pad is made by Stop Tech. On the road known as 'The Trace' that runs between TN and KY, 'at speed', these breaks had zero fade during the long sprints we ran between rest and BS points.

If you want to go one better, the Centric Posi-Quiet Loaded Calipers with Stop Tech 'Sport' slotted rotors is the cat's ass for OE fitment.

You can get these for pretty cheap at Parts Geek, but my friends at Js4Kix Lifestyle can get them even cheaper and drop ship just like Parts geek does

Hit up Kevin at Js4Kix
Sales.js4kixsd AT gmail DOT com
PH: Seven Six Oh nine one DRIFT
@JS4KIX_LIFESTYLE
#JS4KIXLIFESTYLE
Facebook.com/Js4KixLifestyle
Js4KixLifestyle.bigcartel.com

Yeah, I AM pimping my friend's business because without support, as you all know, businesses fail
Alright I'll check them out thank you.
zfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #17853
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Okay, I have been wondering this for a while now. USDM has a different rear bumper than the JDM S14 kouki rear bumper correct? If so, whats the major difference between the two?

Thanks.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #17854
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
does anyone know if an ATS 2013 caliper has the same measurements between the mounting points as a 2007 CTS v caliper?

im looking to do the CTS V caliper brake upgrade, but if the ATS calipers are the same measurements wise, ill go with those.

^ the little lip at the bottom. then you add valences.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #17855
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
with jdm only valance

Last edited by yomisiu; 02-04-2015 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: beat me to it
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #17856
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Which oil feed lines work for a KA24DE Bottom Mount ISIS T28? Should I use the S13 or S14 SR20DET variant (Only for SR20DET lines)? If it makes a difference I have an S14 KA24DE.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #17857
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
YO

whre can i find these tail lights?

look closely at the lens. It is molded like the OEM tail lights. I realize the lens is not usually transparent red. Yes, i've looked on eBay.
You can do this with Clear Spider's and red tint spray like everyone else
Old 02-05-2015, 07:24 AM   #17858
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Which oil feed lines work for a KA24DE Bottom Mount ISIS T28? Should I use the S13 or S14 SR20DET variant (Only for SR20DET lines)? If it makes a difference I have an S14 KA24DE.
Neither. They're both too short. This website sells the right length oil lines for a ka-t setup
http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/
Old 02-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #17859
Kouki_monsterr

Kouki_monsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, im new here so im not exactly sure if this counts as a small question, but ive been looking for a s14 preferably a kouki, but i haven't been able to find one, if someone could help me out that would be great thanks
Kouki_monsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:59 AM   #17860
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki_monsterr View Post
hey, im new here so im not exactly sure if this counts as a small question, but ive been looking for a s14 preferably a kouki, but i haven't been able to find one, if someone could help me out that would be great thanks

Where you from?
Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #17861
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
So I'm having an issue removing my oil pressure switch. I can't fit a socket onto the switch because there is a tube leaning right onto it. I unbolted the tube but it's not moving. It seems like I need to remove the alternator just to remove that piece so I can unbolt the switch. I did search but no thread mentioned an issue like mine
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:08 PM   #17862
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Do s14 rear seat belt receivers (the female part of the buckle) work with male part of s14 seat belts? Anyone know?
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #17863
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Sileighty Kev View Post
So I'm having an issue removing my oil pressure switch. I can't fit a socket onto the switch because there is a tube leaning right onto it. I unbolted the tube but it's not moving. It seems like I need to remove the alternator just to remove that piece so I can unbolt the switch. I did search but no thread mentioned an issue like mine
Is this on a Ka??
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #17864
onevia1

onevia1 is an unknown quantity at this point
s15 interior lights to and s14?

Hey guys. Was wondering whether the Interior lights from the s15 roof will fit in an s14 roof and roof liner? I was wondering whether the units are relatively the same dimensions and mounting points? thanks
onevia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #17865
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Is this on a Ka??
Yea ka,,,,,,,,,, I used a crescent wrench and replaced it. Thx for reply

Last edited by Young Sileighty Kev; 02-06-2015 at 11:35 PM..
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #17866
Kouki_monsterr

Kouki_monsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicerwolf View Post
Where you from?
Central cali
Kouki_monsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:09 PM   #17867
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
nvmd ... .

Last edited by K_style; 02-07-2015 at 10:55 PM..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #17868
jaxshawn
Zilvia Member

jaxshawn is an unknown quantity at this point
I've seen several post of gen 1 CTS V 4 piston brembos being swapped but can't find any answers

-what brake lines
Mazworx bracket uses Evo 8 rotors
Ctsvbrakeswap.com bracket uses z33 track rotors

I know z32 calipers w/ track rotors clear 17" wheels but will the brembos clear also?

Also haven't been able to find any write ups
jaxshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #17869
Bainsy

Bainsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, so I'm rebuilding my ka24e, keeping her stock. I'm stuck on my pistons though, namely the wrist pins. The ones I received seem to be a press fit but the ones I've removed from my car have snap rings holding the wrist pins in. Is that going to cause any problems if I install these or should I just clean and reuse my old ones??
Bainsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #17870
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
What female plug does the s13 m/t speed sensor male plug go into?? Having a real hell of a time finding the answer online. Does it use the same female that the a/t sensor utilizes?
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #17871
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
What female plug does the s13 m/t speed sensor male plug go into?? Having a real hell of a time finding the answer online. Does it use the same female that the a/t sensor utilizes?
This is gonna sound dumb, but PM me tomorrow if you still need this and I will take a pic of the one I have laying around for you. I am not able to do it now and forget shit.

PS. Give me my ID pic back!!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #17872
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
anyone have experience with a BWD TPS?
Old 02-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #17873
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How do you tell the difference between a rep/fake/knockoff Type X/180SX wing and an authentic OEM Type X/180SX wing through just pictures, without comparing them in person? I know you can simply check the underside of the wing where it mounts onto the trunk, but is this the only way? I've seen pictures of where it's obvious, for example:

But I feel like there are knockoffs that even have the same looking underside (i.e. they have those two circles on the bottom of the wing ends). Should I just trust that if I see one online that looks exactly like the white one in the picture, it is an authentic one?

I have been looking online trying to tell the differences between them and I'm not sure how legit some of the current eBay listings are, especially since the OEM wings don't appear to have a Nissan logo on them anywhere.

Amateur photography by me

Last edited by tacobellman_2007; 02-10-2015 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: Additional info
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:05 AM   #17874
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
What electrical problem can cause me to get a fuel cut or something while under boost around 5k RPMs?
Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #17875
Kaiba
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kaiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13 VH45 w/6 speed?

It seems most people who do the VH swap go with a twin turbo z trans, but I'm pretty adamant about having a 6 speed to go with mine. Any suggestions on what would have a good longevity/require least amount of fab and modding?

Thanks
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #17876
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
How do you tell the difference between a rep/fake/knockoff Type X/180SX wing and an authentic OEM Type X/180SX wing through just pictures, without comparing them in person? I know you can simply check the underside of the wing where it mounts onto the trunk, but is this the only way? I've seen pictures of where it's obvious, for example:

But I feel like there are knockoffs that even have the same looking underside (i.e. they have those two circles on the bottom of the wing ends). Should I just trust that if I see one online that looks exactly like the white one in the picture, it is an authentic one?

I have been looking online trying to tell the differences between them and I'm not sure how legit some of the current eBay listings are, especially since the OEM wings don't appear to have a Nissan logo on them anywhere.

I have been experiencing the same problem, but the one on the right looks like it has factory attachments. I suppose without a brand in the plastic, that is the best way to tell, ask for a photo that show's the bottom of the foot/feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicerwolf View Post
What electrical problem can cause me to get a fuel cut or something while under boost around 5k RPMs?
Injector limits, dirty injectors, fuel pump limits, dirty fuel pump, fuel pump relay, clogged fuel filter, dirty lines/tank, ecu, MAF.

I would begin at the fuel pump and work toward the front of the car to the injectors, then from the air filter to the throttle body. My guess is you figure it out by the time you get to the injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
It seems most people who do the VH swap go with a twin turbo z trans, but I'm pretty adamant about having a 6 speed to go with mine. Any suggestions on what would have a good longevity/require least amount of fab and modding?

Thanks
The Z33 trans takes care of the 3rd/4th synchro issue the Z32 trans had. Yes, you will need an adapter, and adapter drive-shaft kit, but you keep your KA/SR clutch and flywheel. This is the same information I have found in NICO, Grassroots Motorsports, and a few other places where guys actually road race, or auto x these cars instead of drift where they are using all the gears and hammering the trans just as hard
Old 02-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #17877
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Zenki headlight harness has 3 inputs 1 ground, 1 low beam, and 1 high beam. For the kouki's the connector only has 2 inputs which consists of 1 power and 1 ground right? So if that's the case how do I make that work so my low beams and high beams work at the same time once I activate my high beams?

Also my corner lights are really weird. I have a connection coming out of the kouki corner light but there is not one plug that fits into it (I have zenki harness). The only one that has a direct fit is the kouki headlight low beam connector. I'm confused here because how do I make that work? Only having 1 connector to make 2 lights work? I hope someone understands what I'm saying because I'm confusing myself. By the way I have no knowledge with electrical work.

Thank you.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #17878
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Anyone know a good shop in indiana or nearby the state that can do a RB20 swap?? Do they have prices??
Old 02-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #17879
zenki 95
Zilvia Junkie

zenki 95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the fwd sr20 alternator hardware/ tensioner the same as rwd? I lost that shit when I moved
Old 02-13-2015, 06:34 AM   #17880
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I than a 18x10.5 +15 offset in the front of my S13 240sx with 30mm spacers?
DriftingBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote