Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #17611
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Does anyone know if nismo lmgt1 can be reverse mounted? As in the face mounted from the inside of the barrel, instead of sitting on top of the lip.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #17612
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
I have a graveyard of KA and SR trans that are burnt. I need space in the warehouse... Does anyone know someone who buys cores for stupid cheap? Or are these junk and I have to give them away or throw them out?

Thanks in advance
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #17613
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Update!

Finally removed the damn screw. I then proceeded to remove the injector and successfully replaced it. The car started as soon as I turned the key, I was excited about that. But with 240's there's always another problem.

As I went to back up the car began acting up, the whole car began shaking feeling like it wanted to shut off. The lights dimmed as soon as I pressed the brakes. When I hit the gas pedal the car had a strange sound, it sounded like it didn't have any force to it. The sound was weak, which never happened before. There is NO idle issues by the way, it's just the car feels weak. Fuel pump works, as I can hear it. I think it might be fuel related but I'm not sure.

I checked all the lines, no vacuum leaks. Already checked the brake booster, looks fine.

Things I did recently to it:
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Fuel injector (cylinder 2)

Thank you.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #17614
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
might be a vacuum leak where the booster connects to intake manifold? I had that prob last time didnt detect it with brake cleaner but it def was hard and cracked.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #17615
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Update!

Fixed the problem. I made a rookie mistake, forgot to plug back in my 4th injector connector. Runs perfectly, thanks for all the help.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #17616
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Ok someone please clarify. ARP sr20et flywheel bolts, torque specs? I've searched so many different sites. I have the assembly lube from them as well. I've seen:
Factory 94-101
Where the fuck do I need to torque them? Threads I searched ranged 2007-13. I want to obviously make sure they're where they need to be and not be too tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #17617
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240cracker View Post
I have a graveyard of KA and SR trans that are burnt. I need space in the warehouse... Does anyone know someone who buys cores for stupid cheap? Or are these junk and I have to give them away or throw them out?

Thanks in advance
Try calling a scrap metal yard and see if they will take them? Not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
Ok someone please clarify. ARP sr20et flywheel bolts, torque specs? I've searched so many different sites. I have the assembly lube from them as well. I've seen:
Factory 94-101
Where the fuck do I need to torque them? Threads I searched ranged 2007-13. I want to obviously make sure they're where they need to be and not be too tight.

If you don't trust the internet, you can try calling ARP, they should know.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #17618
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240koukiSX View Post
Do bad spark plug tube seals cause low compression?
This was answered, but if you are using a compression tester and it isn't sealed correctly, it could show low compression.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #17619
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Hi, is there such a thing as a s14 kouki usdm and a s14 kouki jdm fender???
Old 12-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #17620
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post

Well there is a different front fender because for one thing the headlight cut outs are different

Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #17621
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
Yes, the Kouki in japan came with different bumper. They didn't want to certify it in the US so they modified the Zenki bumper to fit the Kouki. USDM uses Zenki turn signals and corner lights. JDM Kouki Turn signals are much different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicerwolf View Post
Well there is a different front fender because for one thing the headlight cut outs are different
WTF are you talking about?
Old 12-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #17622
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

I seemed too have stated my response so poorly that it didn't even make sense. I was just saying the fender are different because for one the corner lights (the cutouts for them I didn't really know another way to describe it) don't fit in the opposing models fenders.

Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #17623
zfortune
Leaky Injector

zfortune is an unknown quantity at this point
Nevermind....

Last edited by zfortune; 06-12-2015 at 03:52 PM..
zfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #17624
joshls2
Leaky Injector

joshls2 is a well-known jackass
Hey guys, I've some questions about replacing engine mounts.

1. in what order do I remove and replace the engine and tranny mounts during the repair?

2. what are the trq specs for the engine mount bolts.. I tighten them up, drive the car for a while then re-tighten them some more after the engine has settled?

3. is it safe to jack the engine up from the PSpump bracket and alternator bracket?

thanks.
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #17625
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Yes, the Kouki in japan came with different bumper. They didn't want to certify it in the US so they modified the Zenki bumper to fit the Kouki. USDM uses Zenki turn signals and corner lights. JDM Kouki Turn signals are much different.

Imma just let this one slide DB...

They did not modify a zenki bumper. Zenki bumper has nothing in common with JDM/USDM kouki bumpers except for marker and turn signal lenses. They modified the JDM bumper to retrofit zenki lights in it for USDM front ends.

The other issue one will run into on JDM vs USDM fitment is on some plugs for side marker lights, corner lights, turn signal lights and in some cases headlights.

IF you convert to a JDM kouki front, make sure you get the harnesses too so you can rewire the plugs to function correctly at each light position. When upgrading your zenki to kouki tails, JDM will need to have plugs rewired as well in many cases. USDM kouki tails should have no issues, BUT may if it is a early year model
Old 12-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #17626
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls2 View Post

1. in what order do I remove and replace the engine and tranny mounts during the repair?

2. what are the trq specs for the engine mount bolts.. I tighten them up, drive the car for a while then re-tighten them some more after the engine has settled?

3. is it safe to jack the engine up from the PSpump bracket and alternator bracket?

thanks.
1. I'd loosen up the transmission bolts so it has some play, then do one motor mount at a time. Use a floor jack with a block of wood to lift up the one side. It shouldn't take too long, make sure to tighten the new mount to the engine and then lower it down instead of bolting the mount to the subframe first. Leave the motor mounts loose as well and change out the transmission mount. Tighten everything good and tight and enjoy!

2. German-spec: guten-tight.

3. I'm sure using the PS pump and alternator bracket is fine but I've used the oil pan with a floor jack/wood block without issue. Just don't go too crazy jacking the engine up and keep double checking you aren't ripping wires or what not. Remember, the wider the block of wood the better. The wood isn't used because it's softer, rather to spread the load.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #17627
Nissin19

Nissin19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ever since I installed an Aem short ram on my stock ka it randomly hiccups but then runs normal. I also noticed hesitation on medium pulls. Sometimes when cruising it will lose all power and eventually stall(stalls if I turn it on normally, but if I keep the revs up during start it will run fine after that). ecu reads knock sensor and maf. '93 hatch
Has anyone had this problem? Figured id ask before i start buying unnecessary parts.
THANKS!

stuff replaced or fixed:
-fuel filter
-cap and rotor
-loose vacuum hose clamp
-cleaned maf sensor
unplugging the maf does not stall the car.
Nissin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #17628
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Imma just let this one slide DB...

They did not modify a zenki bumper. Zenki bumper has nothing in common with JDM/USDM kouki bumpers except for marker and turn signal lenses. They modified the JDM bumper to retrofit zenki lights in it for USDM front ends.

The other issue one will run into on JDM vs USDM fitment is on some plugs for side marker lights, corner lights, turn signal lights and in some cases headlights.

IF you convert to a JDM kouki front, make sure you get the harnesses too so you can rewire the plugs to function correctly at each light position. When upgrading your zenki to kouki tails, JDM will need to have plugs rewired as well in many cases. USDM kouki tails should have no issues, BUT may if it is a early year model
It has a lot more in common with the Zenki than it does with the JDM Kouki. The signal lights, Under Tray are the same. The JDM Kouki bumper has a much different contour and layout in the bottom half than the USDM.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #17629
joshls2
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
1. I'd loosen up the transmission bolts so it has some play, then do one motor mount at a time. Use a floor jack with a block of wood to lift up the one side. It shouldn't take too long, make sure to tighten the new mount to the engine and then lower it down instead of bolting the mount to the subframe first. Leave the motor mounts loose as well and change out the transmission mount. Tighten everything good and tight and enjoy!

2. German-spec: guten-tight.

3. I'm sure using the PS pump and alternator bracket is fine but I've used the oil pan with a floor jack/wood block without issue. Just don't go too crazy jacking the engine up and keep double checking you aren't ripping wires or what not. Remember, the wider the block of wood the better. The wood isn't used because it's softer, rather to spread the load.

Thank you for the quick reply,man. I appreciate it.
..and yeah I might as well replace the tranny mount while I'm at it.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #17630
Steve5405
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Steve5405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is there a difference in 180 and 240 front finders? will a 180sx front bumper bolt up. Other than the lighting situation.

Last edited by Steve5405; 12-12-2014 at 04:08 PM..
Steve5405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #17631
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I always jack up on the trans bellhousing where it bolts to the block. to do the motor mounts. Never the pan.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #17632
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls2 View Post

thanks.
I'll add my experience if it can at all help you.
When I replaced my mounts for Nismo ones. All the write ups/ how to's I've read said it was just a matter of jacking the engine up enough to pull them out.... well, that didn't work for me.lol. I ended up raising it to the point that the car would lift off the jack stands. So, I ended up removing the mount's bracket, off the engine block. WAY EASIER.(for me anyways)
. Oh, and I too used a block of wood.(oil pan, AC mount & alt worked)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #17633
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
Factory 94-101

Any one else have input? Have yet to hear back from ARP

mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #17634
overdueBlaSiaN

overdueBlaSiaN is an unknown quantity at this point
SR20 Red Top overboosting but still feels sluggish
Gauge will read levels way past 7psi if I continue to mash the throttle but yet the car doesn't pull...
I've looked online for weeks and found nothing
Help me pleaseeee
overdueBlaSiaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #17635
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissin19 View Post
Ever since I installed an Aem short ram on my stock ka it randomly hiccups but then runs normal. I also noticed hesitation on medium pulls. Sometimes when cruising it will lose all power and eventually stall(stalls if I turn it on normally, but if I keep the revs up during start it will run fine after that). ecu reads knock sensor and maf. '93 hatch
Has anyone had this problem? Figured id ask before i start buying unnecessary parts.
THANKS!

stuff replaced or fixed:
-fuel filter
-cap and rotor
-loose vacuum hose clamp
-cleaned maf sensor
unplugging the maf does not stall the car.
I have the same issue with my '96. Unlike you, I have also replaced the ECU(that was first because I wanted other things to happen)

The only two things left in the equation to replace the injectors and O2 sensors. OE is very small at 350cc~. You can go up to 550cc on a stock or basic stock tuned ECU

If you are unplugging the MAF, you may want to try replacing the upstream and downstream O2 sensors
Old 12-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #17636
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
OE are 270cc. You cannot throw in injectors without tuning the ecu.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #17637
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I have the same issue with my '96. Unlike you, I have also replaced the ECU(that was first because I wanted other things to happen)

The only two things left in the equation to replace the injectors and O2 sensors. OE is very small at 350cc~. You can go up to 550cc on a stock or basic stock tuned ECU

If you are unplugging the MAF, you may want to try replacing the upstream and downstream O2 sensors
OE is 270cc. You are not going to max them out NA.

OP needs to get a multimeter and read Ignition on and idle voltages at the maf.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #17638
joshls2
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I always jack up on the trans bellhousing where it bolts to the block. to do the motor mounts. Never the pan.

Hmm, that's actually a good idea. I'll try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
I'll add my experience if it can at all help you.
When I replaced my mounts for Nismo ones. All the write ups/ how to's I've read said it was just a matter of jacking the engine up enough to pull them out.... well, that didn't work for me.lol. I ended up raising it to the point that the car would lift off the jack stands. So, I ended up removing the mount's bracket, off the engine block. WAY EASIER.(for me anyways)
. Oh, and I too used a block of wood.(oil pan, AC mount & alt worked)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
yeah, I think that's what bmaddock had suggested to do, removing the bracket bolts from the engine first.

Ok guys, I have some followup questions. so.. I went down to autozone and got some Duralast OEM mounts but they only offer the L side mounts. I assumed the mounts were basically the same for both sides so I ordered them. Now that I have them in my hands I can see that they look completely identical. but.... aren't they actually supposed to be mirror opposites instead?? should I just return these and go to my Nissan dealer?
Old 12-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #17639
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
2 small questions

1. What o2 sensor does a j4 ecu use? Having funny idle issues only with it plugged in. I think i may have the wrong one.

2. What boost will a s15 spec r dbb turbo hold? On my stock redtop im kind of disappointed because it spikes to 17 but lowers down to about 13.5 by redline
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #17640
e1_griego
Post Whore!

You should not be running 17psi on a stock redtop. That is going to blow up. You don't have enough fuel to support that.