Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #17371
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post

Clean! Is this yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #17372
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
koukimonst3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
looks great on every angle!

ig : koukimonst3r
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #17373
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Clean! Is this yours?
no not mine :0)
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #17374
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #17375
maqshood

maqshood is an unknown quantity at this point
Some cool shots of mine from a recent drift day...

maqshood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #17376
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by maqshood View Post
Some cool shots of mine from a recent drift day...

Damnnn Garage S bonnet is soo good. I messed up

That pic really makes me want ganadors too.

Clean days with model V's

Old 10-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #17377
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
^ looking good both of you

more member cars in the last few pages... a welcome change
Old 10-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #17378
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
gave the old girl a bath a few weeks back...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #17379
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
(

That pic really makes me want ganadors too.

[/img]
I want the mirrors you got. lol
Old 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #17380
wptfilms

Trader Rating: (1)
wptfilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Clean! Is this yours?

That's mine! Just slightly photoshopped lol
wptfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #17381
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Ig : @a13x89

jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #17382
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin

jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #17383
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
I got my dorkidori valances and r33 vents in today, cant wait for the lip to come in next. Looks amazing, cant wait to throw it on along with my skirts. Even though my car will be mismatching for awhile finally seeing it type x is going to be amazing. Pic of a huge inspiration to my car, should post a pics once everything is all on.

R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #17384
diacris
Leaky Injector

diacris is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that a13x. car?^^ If so, my inspiration as well

diacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:53 AM   #17385
a13x.
Zilvia Member

a13x. is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks guys, much appreciated. low days back then.

Are these up to date pics Joseph? Did you remove the livery?

Some guys always do everything right, like maqshood. strong comeback mate, garages s and grey look sick. keep it up man
a13x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #17386
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by a13x. View Post
Are these up to date pics Joseph? Did you remove the livery?
Nope, those are just old pics from the start of summer.
It still looks like this.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #17387
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by diacris View Post
Is that a13x. car?^^ If so, my inspiration as well
The photo jared420SX posted belongs to a13x, but the car R3b posted belonged to my buddy Kyle in Illinois. Build thread is located here:

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=408198

I put mine away for the winter about a week ago. Working on a few restoration-centered projects this year to try to make the car a bit more comfortable to drive. Hopefully it pans out!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #17388
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Also was on your blog last night going through it for the last couple hours. I always on and off see you post whenever I look up type x stuff Camry. You, Klye, a13x, C Garage, Koguchi and UDOORI are all inspiration in my build. Hopefully can slap on these valances tomorrow. Not sure what to use to mount them the cleanest way, self tapers and rivets bug me so much. Its going to break my heart drilling into my stock wheel wells for skirts and valances.

Old 11-09-2017, 01:58 AM   #17389
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough

Excuse the poor bumper fitment its held in place by the little red box
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #17390
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Also was on your blog last night going through it for the last couple hours. I always on and off see you post whenever I look up type x stuff Camry. You, Klye, a13x, C Garage, Koguchi and UDOORI are all inspiration in my build. Hopefully can slap on these valances tomorrow. Not sure what to use to mount them the cleanest way, self tapers and rivets bug me so much. Its going to break my heart drilling into my stock wheel wells for skirts and valances.
Thank you for the kind words man! You should not need to drill into the wheel wells at all to properly mount the side skirts and rear valences. There are existing holes for the valences and the front portion of the side skirts. The only holes I would drill personally are under the chassis to secure the side skirts.

I'm planning to do a post about installing kouki 180SX aero securely this winter. I've been researching how the aero was mounted from the factory to try to replicate it. It won't be 100% the way Nissan does it since some hardware is nearly impossible to get now, but it should be professional and very secure. I'll keep you posted!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #17391
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
You should not need to drill into the wheel wells at all to properly mount the side skirts and rear valences. There are existing holes for the valences and the front portion of the side skirts. The only holes I would drill personally are under the chassis to secure the side skirts.
I totally forgot there was holes already for valances. Had to go look to check it out, what I meant to say drill was the rear section of the skirts since there is no holes where it meets the wheel well. I'll work something and then wait for your write up. Just going to mock it up and wait for your write up. Will get everything painted by end of the year.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #17392
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Old 11-10-2017, 07:20 AM   #17393
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
I totally forgot there was holes already for valances. Had to go look to check it out, what I meant to say drill was the rear section of the skirts since there is no holes where it meets the wheel well. I'll work something and then wait for your write up. Just going to mock it up and wait for your write up. Will get everything painted by end of the year.
I have always left that area of the skirt alone. With screws into the bottom of the chassis and a solid bond from 3M tape, I've never had any issues with that area coming loose. Should be OK without drilling into the body!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-10-2017, 04:34 PM   #17394
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Thank you for the kind words man! You should not need to drill into the wheel wells at all to properly mount the side skirts and rear valences. There are existing holes for the valences and the front portion of the side skirts. The only holes I would drill personally are under the chassis to secure the side skirts.

I'm planning to do a post about installing kouki 180SX aero securely this winter. I've been researching how the aero was mounted from the factory to try to replicate it. It won't be 100% the way Nissan does it since some hardware is nearly impossible to get now, but it should be professional and very secure. I'll keep you posted!
The Japanese cars have a series of plastic brackets along the bottom of the door. You slide-and click the skirt into place and then secure them via the existing holes in the front/rear wheel wells.

If you wanted to replicate factory fitment you'd have to drill into the body under the doors. I removed the skirts on my last car to reapply the adhesive and found out that these plastic brackets, like most, are brittle as fuck.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:16 AM   #17395
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 11-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #17396
a13x.
Zilvia Member

a13x. is an unknown quantity at this point
Yesterday i put on the car modifywonder hood after the car was sitting around for 1year. Those pics were taken after putting the hood on (5mins). I did not adjust anything. The fitment is close to oem, i would say its almost perfect for an aftermarket hood. I've decided to go with this hood because it's almost impossible to find the old KP one (racing service max), its my favorite. I dont like the wiper spoiler on the newer ones and I've heard the hood doesnt clear everything. The wonder hood clears everything just fine and I'm running nismo mounts which do raise the motor quite a bit.

a13x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:53 AM   #17397
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
The Japanese cars have a series of plastic brackets along the bottom of the door. You slide-and click the skirt into place and then secure them via the existing holes in the front/rear wheel wells.

If you wanted to replicate factory fitment you'd have to drill into the body under the doors. I removed the skirts on my last car to reapply the adhesive and found out that these plastic brackets, like most, are brittle as fuck.
Good to hear- this confirms what I have been seeing during my research as well. It looked like you need to drill a number of holes into the underside of the car and the lower portion of the quarter panel. I've got part numbers for all of the associated hardware for the skirts- hoping to order it all and check it out. Not sure I'll commit to drilling into the car though.

So yes, in short you DO need to drill to do it the way it came from the factory. But you can also get away with mounting it very securely without doing this. Good info sir.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #17398
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Is my work in progress finally allowed to play here...?

Let's see how long it takes to end up in the DIW thread, haha.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #17399
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
It belongs in the Sileighty thread, rather than 180sx thread. You may want to play with your alignment & ride height....or some way less aggressive wheels.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #17400
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
It belongs in the Sileighty thread, rather than 180sx thread. You may want to play with your alignment & ride height....or some way less aggressive wheels.
onevia* it does have kouki aero on it though...