Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #17221
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckeyOG View Post
I'm trying to upgrade my tie rods and ends and was interested in the SPL outer tie rod ends. It says to pair them with OEM Z32 inner tie rods or Z33 Tein inner tie rods.

What I'm confused about is do I only need to buy the Z33 inners and no outers? And will it all fit like stock on my base model S14's stock knuckles?

Also, the Tein Inner/Outer Tie Rod package may be a possibility for me but what tie rod ends do I use with them?
You're way over thinking this. If you use the SPL Outers, you need the Z32 or Z33 inners, which you use with the SPL outers. Yes they will fit stock knuckles. Outer tie rods = tie rod ends.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #17222
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Sorry to double post (despite different days its still lame), but I'm all sorts of stuck.

My brother and I just replaced his cams from stock to Tomei 256 poncams in his S13 with Type X blacktop. We followed the FRSport guide for installation and CAS timing, and we have everything to spec, but just cannot get it started. We have spark, air, and fuel. CAS is positioned correctly. Cam lobes are proper. Timing chain links are proper. Mechanical timing is proper, but the damn thing just will not start. Any suggestions/things to look for? For some reason any time we have to remove the CAS its a damn three day fight with this motor, so anything that can help will be tremendously appreciated.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #17223
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
check the fuel pump fuse...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #17224
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recently changed my rear brake pads and noticed both brake pads on my driver side rear were heavily uneven compared to my passenger side rear.

I have z32/r33 rear calipers and z32 rear rotors.

Thoughts?
Old 09-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #17225
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
My s14 doesn't spray out wiper fluid, any suggestion? wiper fluid pumps no bueno?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #17226
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
Recently changed my rear brake pads and noticed both brake pads on my driver side rear were heavily uneven compared to my passenger side rear.

I have z32/r33 rear calipers and z32 rear rotors.

Thoughts?
bad caliper on the drivers rear
Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #17227
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quick question didnt really find any info on this, out of curiosity are sohc ka ngk sparkplug wire's compatible with the dohc ka? Thanks!
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #17228
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
bad caliper on the drivers rear
@David48, I'm assuming a rebuild kit would help repair this yes? Thank you for responding by the way.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #17229
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
My s14 doesn't spray out wiper fluid, any suggestion? wiper fluid pumps no bueno?
If you have 2 people you can listen for the pump in the passenger side bumper while someone pulls on the control stalk.
Disconnect the harness from the motor and probe it for power.

If no friends pull the line a part at the hood connector and see if it sprays out the hose.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #17230
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
working on rebuilding an old set of 3 piece manaray sport ms-5's, anybody know where I can find lips for them, or know of a company that can make me some? I have 17in faces and barrels with 40 bolt patterns. Please get back to me,

-Will
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #17231
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Is there a build thread or any type of info of this build ? Or if anyone can tell me wheels specs that'd be great, thanks in advance

livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 AM   #17232
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It's a long story, but I have to sell this car. What's the market value?
It's 6 speed manual, everything's original and it's been garaged all these years.
Don't know the details such as mileage yet.
I only have one picture.
I'm just trying to get a ball park figure.
I appreciate if you guys can help me out.
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #17233
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hey guys, what are those things sticking up threw this S14's hood? I assume the car is some v8 powered whatever, but are those carburators or itb covers or something? Trying to see what they are & if a similar approach could benefit the VQ motor...
Old 09-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #17234
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if i splice oem 180sx turn signals with my sidemarkers, will they work as position lights? thats what im trying to go for.
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #17235
ex-SOLDIER

ex-SOLDIER is an unknown quantity at this point
has anyone ever tried cutting the inner lip of the OEM fenders off with a dremel instead of using a fender roller?
ex-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #17236
black'N'proud
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
black'N'proud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
After finishing my five lug swap, I've removed all the brake calipers and e brake to get ready for the 300zx brake swap. Lowered the car down to push it back some int a parking spot, and the car won't move at all forward or backwards. Also There is no transmission in the car either, I Jack the car up and each wheel spins freely. All four corners have rotors on them but when I try to move the car it won't budge at all. Has anyone else had this issue? The only thing I can think it might be is When I pulled the rear hubs I took the axles from the diff. Thanks in advance
Old 09-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #17237
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Hey guys, what are those things sticking up threw this S14's hood? I assume the car is some v8 powered whatever, but are those carburators or itb covers or something? Trying to see what they are & if a similar approach could benefit the VQ motor...
What you are seeing is and was common on the old Mechanical Injection ITB intake's from Hillborne. The new Stand alone systems still have the velocity stacks, some evenly sized, others sized to the individual runner. These K&N filters are what is on the end of the 8 stacks, or some stacks may share one filter
Old 09-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #17238
jvarela7

jvarela7 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help i have been looking in several forums and cant find the answer. first off i will be using arias 8.8:1 comp pistons with eagle rods, arp hardware, felpro gaskets and its going to be bored .20 over and king bearings, top end is going to be pretty much stock im building for turbo but i want to break in the engine first so my question is can i run it on stock injectors and ECU n/a just for break in?
jvarela7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #17239
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap

which 2 ports would i use if I'm using a z32 master cylinder on a s14 with no abs?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #17240
motoman159
Zilvia Member

motoman159 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's a brand new Vis carbon fiber hatch worth? No glass.
motoman159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:27 AM   #17241
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Not sure if anyone can answer this, but I'm helping a friend out who has a Greddy S14 Intake manifold (1st gen Just the upper plenum). On the rear of the plenum there is what appears to be 2 capped off ports for what I am assuming can be used for vacuum? If so, can it be used for a boost gauge and/or boost controller?

The 2 ports I am referring to are the ones I circled in the picture below.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:33 AM   #17242
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SOLDIER View Post
has anyone ever tried cutting the inner lip of the OEM fenders off with a dremel instead of using a fender roller?
You risk cutting down a tire easier by doing this. the rolled edge is not sharp, but I suppose if you run enough poke, drop it low enough, then the fender lip will sooner or later get eaten away by the edge of the rim either way. I saw a guy with a BMW that had his fitment like that. The edge of the fender lip was ugly as sin. Rolling looks nicer and as I said, isn't a sharp edge
Old 09-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #17243
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvarela7 View Post
need help i have been looking in several forums and cant find the answer. first off i will be using arias 8.8:1 comp pistons with eagle rods, arp hardware, felpro gaskets and its going to be bored .20 over and king bearings, top end is going to be pretty much stock im building for turbo but i want to break in the engine first so my question is can i run it on stock injectors and ECU n/a just for break in?
8.8 will be closer to 9 with the .020 overbore, so the engine should act pretty close to stock for break in going N/A. You are of course jumping injector size and tuning the ECU when you add that -T.
Question: Why not build the top end as strong as the bottom end? With a -T you are stressing the top as much as the bottom with the higher pressures too, so stronger valves and springs will be needed
Old 09-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #17244
jvarela7

jvarela7 is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you for response and yes i will be upgrading injectors and definitely tuning the ECU and as for the top end i was thinking about just having it rebuilt stock but i have a spare that i will probably upgrade and be ready for when i install the turbo
jvarela7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #17245
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have a dumb question about wheels.

What is the difference between these:

6c16d48s-960.jpg

And these:

Rim103.jpg

They both seem to be referred to as Advan AVS Model 5s, but there are definitely some differences. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #17246
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwzweston View Post

Attachment 76182

And these:

Attachment 76183

They both seem to be referred to as Advan AVS Model 5s, but there are definitely some differences. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Its a tad confusing, but I know the ones in the first picture are referred to as Advan AVS VS-5.

The 2nd pic is the AVS Model 5. I think the name now is called AVS Model T5 according the their website. http://www.yokohama.com.au/ADVAN-Whe...-Model-T5.aspx
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #17247
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Awesome! Thanks.
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #17248
Manniesodope

Manniesodope is an unknown quantity at this point
Um I need help on how to post a new thread. If you can help private msg me thanks.
Manniesodope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #17249
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manniesodope View Post
Um I need help on how to post a new thread. If you can help private msg me thanks.
does no one read forum rules anymore?

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21036

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #17250
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwzweston View Post

Attachment 76182

And these:

Attachment 76183

The gold Model 5's are way better looking with that double lip inside