Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #17011
senger
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
senger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so before i pulled my engine, i driving around, pushing the car kinda hard. and on my way home my car started shaking and sounded like a wrx. im pretty sure its because im dropping to 3 cylinders. compression was good on all 4. but im also hearing the timing chain rattle. i need some suggestions of what is causing the missfire.. thanks
senger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #17012
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by senger View Post
so before i pulled my engine, i driving around, pushing the car kinda hard. and on my way home my car started shaking and sounded like a wrx. im pretty sure its because im dropping to 3 cylinders. compression was good on all 4. but im also hearing the timing chain rattle. i need some suggestions of what is causing the missfire.. thanks
start car, unplug then replug injectors one at a time, figure out which one isnt firing. that will tell you the cylinder thats missing. go from there... its either spark or ignition or compression (though you said you checked compression)

you own a 20+ year old car, parts go out after a while!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:36 AM   #17013
senger
Leaky Injector

Thanks man, that's what I was gonna do. So do you think it could be the timing chain? Or no?
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #17014
lucas240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
lucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Are the sensors and harness from ka24e and ka24de 5 spd trans the same?
lucas240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #17015
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Thanks man, that's what I was gonna do. So do you think it could be the timing chain? Or no?
not timing chain, though you may have broken a guide (which is very common as theyre made out of plastic)

Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #17016
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
Are z32 300zx subframe collars compatible with my s13 subframe?
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #17017
senger
Leaky Injector

Will an sr20 throw out bearing work for a ka24de. The site says it does but I'm pretty skeptical about it.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #17018
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone have experience with RB25 Exedy replacement clutch for a KA24DE? I did this swap and it bites well but the pedal is stupid soft. New clutch line, slave and relatively new master. The system is bled well without the damper box.

Quote:
Will an sr20 throw out bearing work for a ka24de. The site says it does but I'm pretty skeptical about it.
From a quick google search I found that the throw out bearing carrier is the same so I would believe it would work just fine, just may be a slightly different size.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=223059
Old 08-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #17019
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My car is still on jackstands. Never driven the new clutch.
MR2 ACT stage 2 clutch plate, KA24DE stage 2 clutch disk

Car will move with the clutch pressed, but if I release the clutch pedal it acts like its in neutral. Whats up with that?

KA trans->1uz

Last edited by Fries; 08-01-2014 at 12:13 PM..
Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #17020
pjmrnolife1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
pjmrnolife1 is making a name for him/her selfpjmrnolife1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Do I need safc with a jwt ecu?
pjmrnolife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #17021
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmrnolife1 View Post
Do I need safc with a jwt ecu?
no, if the ECU is tuned for your motor properly then running a piggy back is not a good idea.

it would be a much better investment to purchase an AEM or PowerFC standalone and convert the car over to MAP. eliminating your MAF gets rid of A LOT of tuning problems you will run into with either a custom ROM or ECU. our MAF sensors are getting really old, and theyre very fickle little buggers. even something as a simple as changing your air filter on the mAF can heavily affect the tune on the ECU

Old 08-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #17022
04BlueBeach

04BlueBeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Can You take the KA Oil Pan Out with the Engine still in the Car?
04BlueBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #17023
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I have some legit Junyan S14 corners. I will not be using them, what's the going rate for these things? What were they new? Thanks
Old 08-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #17024
eZiR- rps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
eZiR- rps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04BlueBeach View Post
Can You take the KA Oil Pan Out with the Engine still in the Car?
yea but it's a pain, sorta
hustle hard
eZiR- rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #17025
04BlueBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZiR- rps13 View Post
yea but it's a pain, sorta

Is there a write up On It?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #17026
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Is there a write up On It?
Yep, it's called the FSM. Best option is to support the engine from above and drop the crossmember.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #17027
StuckeyOG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
StuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Is there any difference between the S14 Stance RUCA and Toe Arms and the ISIS ones? From what I understand the Stance use Aurora spherical endlinks and the ISIS are pretty much the lowest in price for quality I should go (no godspeed or ebay no-names).

So I guess more specifically do the Stance arms have more adjustable angles than the ISIS arms? I looked into Whiteline RUCA's and they give you adjustment between +2 and -1 degrees, does anyone know what the ISIS or Stance angles are? Or any differences that you know of.

I'm aware they're a whole different price range I'm just balancing my options here.
StuckeyOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #17028
_kouki_monster_
Leaky Injector

_kouki_monster_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone used the auto trans cooler in the radiator for a power steering cooler?
My car was originally an auto so it isn't used. If it would work ok I could use it rather than buy a aftermarket.
_kouki_monster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #17029
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
I have some legit Junyan S14 corners. I will not be using them, what's the going rate for these things? What were they new? Thanks
kouki or zenki?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #17030
04BlueBeach

When Replacing the Head gasket I know the surfaces have to Be Clean but The holes where the head bolts Go into the Block I know there was some oil in there so I bet the oil came out onto the Gasket when the bolts were put in. Should I take the Head back off and clean them back out or is it a big Deal?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #17031
D-Money

D-Money is an unknown quantity at this point
Cables

What do i do? Where can i buy another piece
[/URL]
[/URL]
D-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #17032
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
can someone tell me why when im in, lets say 5th gear, then drop it in neutral, the idle goes really low, almost to the point where it could stall, but then catches itself and returns to normal?
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #17033
lucas240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
lucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the roughlucas240sx is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Is the 5spd sensors the same between the ka24e and ka24de?
lucas240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #17034
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
When Replacing the Head gasket I know the surfaces have to Be Clean but The holes where the head bolts Go into the Block I know there was some oil in there so I bet the oil came out onto the Gasket when the bolts were put in. Should I take the Head back off and clean them back out or is it a big Deal?
If you got oil between the head gasket and block or head, well yeah, you have to disassemble it and start over. Clean, means CLEAN. No oil, no metal, no grit, nada, Eat off the bitch, clean. Holes SHOULD be thread chased and cleaned with alcohol, surfaces cleaned with alcohol(denatured, not your mom's crap from the bathroom). Then again, you can do it like someone here will probably say and just drive on with shitty work YOU KNOW is shitty and wait for it to blow out your nice new gasket that isn't sealed right.

BTW, the fact that you asked, you KNOW you have to rebuilt it again. You just looking for verification that you screwed it up
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #17035
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Is there a trick to removing the brass flywheel alignment pin from the crank?

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #17036
s13mikesr20
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
s13mikesr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

What ka cams are these there not oem I bought Em for 20$ and a pack of Roman candles lol

I'm thinking brian crow
s13mikesr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #17037
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
What's the spec for front ichiba wheel studs? Is it the same as S14 fronts?
Old 08-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #17038
lg54
Zilvia Member

lg54 is an unknown quantity at this point
good drift only coilover set up with out braking the bank??
lg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #17039
silviaGuyLBC

silviaGuyLBC is an unknown quantity at this point
S14 weird sounds in high rpm

alright so im runnin ka in my s14. it drives fine an still pulls , i cant feel any vibrations or bumping or anything but i notice that when im high in the rpms there is a screeching sound that happends once i get above like 5k an it goes away once shifted or at low rpm.. Any clue what it could be
silviaGuyLBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #17040
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
can someone tell me why when im in, lets say 5th gear, then drop it in neutral, the idle goes really low, almost to the point where it could stall, but then catches itself and returns to normal?
Air Idle Control valve ethier take it off and clean or unplug and spray some brake cleaner and see if it helps. They usually get full of grime
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote