Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #1591
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Not in this fucked up day and age...

This goes back to my statement that drifting is a joke, not a sport. No legit sanctioning body would allow stupid shit like that on the track.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #1592
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I cannot believe that shit was allowed. Are you kidding me?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #1593
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
This goes back to my statement that drifting is a joke, not a sport. No legit sanctioning body would allow stupid shit like that on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I cannot believe that shit was allowed. Are you kidding me?

Eh, it's ultimately up to the drivers.

If an organization wants to hold an event with loose rules, and people willingly sign up to participate, what's the harm?

There's an event held near me with laughably loose rules, but it's a cheap day of open track fun. It's by far my favorite event to attend. It would suck if that event got needlessly anal about safety or stopped altogether.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #1594
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
once someone gets hurt that event will be over.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #1595
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Maybe. But until then, it's laid back and fun. If people think it's too unsafe, they don't have to attend. If someone gets hurt because they were tandeming without a cage and their door gets crushed, then tough shit. That's what the waivers and track insurance are for.

Basically, everyone should use their best judgement and quit bitching about how other people voluntarily choose to take personal risks.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #1596
PIEMAN909
Zilvia Junkie

PIEMAN909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I bet you don't eat salad?! You killing me over here...lol
My name on IG is a joke, I do eat salad though lol.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #1597
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
. That's what the waivers and track insurance are for.
Except that's not how the world works.

Quote:
Basically, everyone should use their best judgement and quit bitching about how other people voluntarily choose to take personal risks.

But all it takes is one of these idiots to ruin it for everyone. There should be a minimal expectation of safety and professionalism at Motorsport event.

If that doesn't exist, all you have is a bunch of high schoolers playing "racecar" in a parking lot.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #1598
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Eh, it's ultimately up to the drivers.
Actually it's not.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #1599
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Maybe. But until then, it's laid back and fun. If people think it's too unsafe, they don't have to attend. If someone gets hurt because they were tandeming without a cage and their door gets crushed, then tough shit. That's what the waivers and track insurance are for.

I know judging by your location and how you described it exactly what events you are talking about LOL.

And to be honest their events ARE fun. Controversial maybe, but fun.

People are somewhat humorous here, Japan tracks they don't care. Flip your car? get it off the track so others can go. We have way to much red tape to crawl through in the U.S. involving tracks.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #1600
Slasher

Slasher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
best judgement? have you seen the piles of shit posted on this forum? if they are willing to drive around in public in these cars do you really trust their judgement?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #1601
Taylor Shinobu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Taylor Shinobu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
The argument is over 300 comments long, but the attached series serves as a great TL;DR

Attachment 74908
LOL that's me at the bottom
Old 08-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #1602
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
There should be a minimal expectation of safety and professionalism at Motorsport event.
There is a minimal expectation of safety and professionalism. Some are more minimal than others. If you think the expectations are too minimal, then don't go to the event. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I know judging by your location and how you described it exactly what events you are talking about LOL.

And to be honest their events ARE fun. Controversial maybe, but fun.
Are you talking about KMS? Because I am not.

Quote:
People are somewhat humorous here, Japan tracks they don't care. Flip your car? get it off the track so others can go. We have way to much red tape to crawl through in the U.S. involving tracks.
QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
best judgement? have you seen the piles of shit posted on this forum? if they are willing to drive around in public in these cars do you really trust their judgement?
That's the point. If you don't trust them or their car, don't tandem with them. If you don't trust the general safety of the event, don't go to the event.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #1603
l adam l
Zilvia Member

l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck nvm. Msglenggkdidjfbnd
Old 08-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #1604
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Are you talking about KMS? Because I am not.
Yeah I was, thought for sure you were referring to them.

They aren't the only ones of course, but there is major generalizations being made in this thread regarding drifting as a whole. I have events near by some of which have super lose tech requirements and others are super strict.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #1605
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
There is a minimal expectation of safety and professionalism. Some are more minimal than others. If you think the expectations are too minimal, then don't go to the event. Simple as that.

Allowing a car to run without a windshield is idiocy. /end story
Old 08-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #1606
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Corbic, though I respect your opinion and know you are an old member here I am curious as to why you think it is so horrid for a drift event (especially if not tandem).

I too thought the same way at an event when I saw a car show up without a windshield. I asked him about passing tech, he said "what would the windshield do to protect me on a drift track?"

I didn't really have a response. If you have a helmet with the shield down, it keeps wind from getting in your eyes. Not much different than driving a vert on the track I suppose. If you were to get in a serious accident it keeps glass from getting all over you, and assuming your safety equipment (eg: belts, seats, brackets) are safe you shouldn't fly out - which again still isn't much different than a vert.

Just curious. Not a big fan myself of cars without windshield on the track and not sure I could ever drive like that, but I wonder what you think it provides that I am overlooking.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #1607
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The argument is over 300 comments long, but the attached series serves as a great TL;DR

Attachment 74908
oh god. these 2 are 2 of my closest friends. they were talking about this last night. oh my lord hahahahaha
Old 08-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #1608
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Corbic, though I respect your opinion and know you are an old member here I am curious as to why you think it is so horrid for a drift event (especially if not tandem).

I too thought the same way at an event when I saw a car show up without a windshield. I asked him about passing tech, he said "what would the windshield do to protect me on a drift track?"

I didn't really have a response. If you have a helmet with the shield down, it keeps wind from getting in your eyes. Not much different than driving a vert on the track I suppose. If you were to get in a serious accident it keeps glass from getting all over you, and assuming your safety equipment (eg: belts, seats, brackets) are safe you shouldn't fly out - which again still isn't much different than a vert.

Just curious. Not a big fan myself of cars without windshield on the track and not sure I could ever drive like that, but I wonder what you think it provides that I am overlooking.
What happens if someones tire flies off and hits windshield???
Old 08-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #1609
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
No tandem for person minus windshield.
I thought I said that above, though I may not have.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #1610
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Well, motorcycle racers do not have to have windshields or seat belts or cages or any of that stuff, and they go much faster. I always wondered why there is such a disproportionate amount of required safety between cars and motorcycles, especially since motorcycles are much more dangerous in the first place.

That being said, the car should not have been allowed to participate in an event because it is ugly.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #1611
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Well, motorcycle racers do not have to have windshields or seat belts or cages or any of that stuff, and they go much faster. I always wondered why there is such a disproportionate amount of required safety between cars and motorcycles, especially since motorcycles are much more dangerous in the first place.

That being said, the car should not have been allowed to participate in an event because it is ugly.
Well, if you think about it, there's only so much you can do to a motorcycle for safety purposes. You can't really put a cage or big windshield or seat belts because that would be just silly. Imagine a bike with a full cage around it. First thing that comes to mind is one of the those boso bikes. And also, if a bike does go down, it's more likely to have less damage done being separated from the bike as opposed to being attached to it.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #1612
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForDeh View Post
Well, if you think about it, there's only so much you can do to a motorcycle for safety purposes. You can't really put a cage or big windshield or seat belts because that would be just silly. Imagine a bike with a full cage around it. First thing that comes to mind is one of the those boso bikes. And also, if a bike does go down, it's more likely to have less damage done being separated from the bike as opposed to being attached to it.
I think the whole purpose is, why are they allowed to be in sanctioned racing events, but cars have strict policies?

Its the same argument as Seatbelt law VS. Motorcycle Riders - unless I misunderstand his post, he is saying why are people so concerned with cars having such strict track tech when bikes can't really have any?
Old 08-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #1613
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I think the whole purpose is, why are they allowed to be in sanctioned racing events, but cars have strict policies?

Its the same argument as Seatbelt law VS. Motorcycle Riders - unless I misunderstand his post, he is saying why are people so concerned with cars having such strict track tech when bikes can't really have any?
Those are both valid points. But, i believe it's just the nature of the machine, if you know what I mean by that. With a car, whether it be for drifting, road race, autocross, what have you, there's a lot more parts and thus a lot more things to break and cause a potential hazard as opposed to bikes. They just simply can't be as strict on bikes aside from like maybe exhausts or tires. I'm not sure what kind of rules bikes have though.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #1614
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Driving without a windshield??

That's as dangerous as driving sideways with the windows down!!1!

Oh wait. That describes every drift event ever.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #1615
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcatzcustoms View Post

[URL=http://s65.photobucket.com/user/Joseph_Pinson/media/doing%20it%20wrong/965828_10201832168259734_609809709_o_zps5da82b49.j pg.html]
This thing is a paint job away from being radical
Old 08-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #1616
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
This thing is a paint job away from being radical

Rusted hood means he does not intend to paint.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #1617
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Driving without a windshield??

That's as dangerous as driving sideways with the windows down!!1!

Oh wait. That describes every drift event ever.

Wow... You are just so clever.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #1618
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Bikes versus windshields is a strawman. The two have nothing to do with eachother. If a driver in a fully prepped racecar could be thrown free of the accident from inside a car that weighs about as much as he does safety concerns drop considerably, but we are still talking about 3000 potential death machines.

If a windshield can keep a delaminated tire or loose piece of bodywork out of my face I'm keeping it.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #1619
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I was gunna paint this slut but I like this better.

from facebook. the comments on it are just as cringe worthy.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #1620
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Oh. Nice find. All this talking with no pics was starting to make me think we had run out of ppl who were doing it wrong.