Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #1561
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
My strict press went down to 165 from 185
backsquat is only @ 335 when I should be pushing 350
dead is currently 465, im hoping to hit 500 within a couple months.
NLI should be dope, I cant wait for next years Throwdown.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #1562
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Down 55lbs to 200lbs this morning!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #1563
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
im going to try and hit up the NLI events this year.

hit 955 on crossfit total. should have been more like 975
Is that the totals for over head press, bench, squat, dead lift and clean?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #1564
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
90240sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Is that the totals for over head press, bench, squat, dead lift and clean?
Cross it total is 3 exercises: strict overhead press, back squat, and deadlift. Pretty fun.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #1565
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Oh, my SEALFIT book says te Crossfit totals are all five.

I guess if it's just those 3 I'm somewhere around 800lbs. 225 max bench. Not sure about the dead lift but I hit 350 pretty easily and same thing with my squat, I can hit 250. I think I'll find those two max' this weekend.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #1566
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Just thought ill share my progress here. 1 1/2 months of HIIT. I still have about 2 more months untill I switch my routine. 100% organic diet (thanks trader joes lol). I try to eat around 2,200 calories, about 260g of carbs, 120-140g of protien, and 60g of fat. I wish I had before pics but i had a lot of excess body fat. Im at 5'9" 170lbs. My goal right now is just to get ripped and try to get my body fat to around 8-15%ish. I see better results everytime I wake up lol.

supplements:
L-arginine, L-orthinine, and L-lysin.
multi-vitamins, vitamin B-complex.
MACA

Old 01-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #1567
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Why do you take so much protein? That shit is not good for you over 100 grams in a day. and it is pretty pointless.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #1568
airhead
Nissanaholic!

airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
I did some book research and for my height and weight that is perfect.
I do not take any whey protien. I try to get all my protein from just white eggs, milk, salmon, chicken, and PB.
and yes to much protien is bad on your liver or can get stored as fat.
oh and fat-free cottage cheese before I sleep.

Last edited by airhead; 01-20-2012 at 09:06 PM..
airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #1569
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

You're taking the right amount of protein. you could even go up to 180 grams and still see benefits. The general rule of thumb for athletes is to take 2-2.5 grams of protien per kg of bodyweight. Taking 100 grams of protein doesnt apply accross the board to everyone. Think about the vastly different caloric intakes and sizes of different athletes. People definitely do go over the top though sometimes.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #1570
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Why do you take so much protein? That shit is not good for you over 100 grams in a day. and it is pretty pointless.
wait what? protein is fine..most recommend 1-1.5g per pound of lean body mass. please dont tell me you think 100g protein a day is fine for someone weighing 225 and lifting heavy? i have 50g post workout alone, another 100g throughout the day easily. no issues yet
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #1571
airhead
Nissanaholic!

He prob got carbs mixed with the protein..

The following list specifies the recommended protein intake in grams per pound of body weight:

RDA for sedentary adult = 0.36 g/lb
Recreational exerciser = 0.54 g/lb
Competitive athlete = 0.64 g/lb
Building muscle mass = 0.77 g/lb
Serious bodybuilder = 0.82 g/lb

Simplebean Health Guide - Protein/Weight Ratio
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #1572
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
even with carbs..less than 100g/day? that shit makes no sense. and that list, i wouldnt base everything off it. everyones different, i usually shoot for 1.5g/lb
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #1573
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Yeah true it's best just to study your self and go off of that. Everyone is different.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #1574
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
My cutting diet is low carb/high protein. 1800-2000 calories, 79g fat, 150-180g carbs, 183g protein.

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Carb, Protein, Fat Calorie Calculator
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #1575
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

I fall under competitive athlete. Not because of my protein intake, but because I'm competitive. And I'm only 145lbs haha.

But really, I don't take protein. I bought a jug of muscle milk 5 months ago and its still over half full. I don't take any supplements/pre-workouts at all.

Yet, I gained 15lbs in 3 months with metabolism that outruns gazelles lol. And my bench went from 175 to 225 and over head press went from 115 to 155-165 in under 5 months. All while running and swimming miles almost everyday.

All that just from eating and training right with probably around 70g of protein a day. Hell maybe even less. But like airhead said, every body is different.

The main reason I don't take anything like protein/pre-workouts etc, is I am training for SEALs and in BUD/S you are not allowed anything of the sort not even fish oil pills. So I train without them.

If you want to gain mass, by all means take more protein than your body needs. Just make sure you train properly and at 100%. Or you will put on more fat than muscle lololol
Old 01-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #1576
xBandiTx
Zilvia Member

xBandiTx is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bout that Elite series whey preotein and some power bars. Tryna get back into my workout hype. I wanna try and increase my chest as big as I can cause imma be getting a tat on my left pec. Im not the biggest guy or skinniest lol, i kconsider myself lightwieght toned. i weigh about 140 lbs. and am 5'9".
Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #1577
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

I am not trying to be an asshole but do you realize that protein is in most types of food not just in powder form. If you drink a decent amount of milk and eat eggs, meat, lentils and other things you will go over 100 grams of protein easily without taking any protein powder. It would make no sense for any real athlete to eat less then 100 grams of protein unless they were around 80lbs.

Quote:
I fall under competitive athlete. Not because of my protein intake, but because I'm competitive. And I'm only 145lbs haha.

But really, I don't take protein. I bought a jug of muscle milk 5 months ago and its still over half full. I don't take any supplements/pre-workouts at all.

Yet, I gained 15lbs in 3 months with metabolism that outruns gazelles lol. And my bench went from 175 to 225 and over head press went from 115 to 155-165 in under 5 months. All while running and swimming miles almost everyday.

All that just from eating and training right with probably around 70g of protein a day. Hell maybe even less. But like airhead said, every body is different.

The main reason I don't take anything like protein/pre-workouts etc, is I am training for SEALs and in BUD/S you are not allowed anything of the sort not even fish oil pills. So I train without them.

If you want to gain mass, by all means take more protein than your body needs. Just make sure you train properly and at 100%. Or you will put on more fat than muscle lololol
Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #1578
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Believe it or not its really easy to get protien with just eating the right foods. Anyone can meet 100g of protein easily. Just make a chart of all the foods you eat a day and add up all the carbs,fat, and protein.

how much do you weight and height, Gnnr?
I dont get the whole low carb to get cut? If your doing work in the gym you can easily burn off all those carbs and it can tap into your protein for fuel making it harder for your muscle fibers to repair. I have a friend thats been doing low carb and high protein diet but he cant keep up with me when doing HIIT workouts. I can understand low carb diet if you dont exercise. Complex carbs are your friends lol.
In my opinion I think its best to get information off books. The internet has a lot of scattered and modified information.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #1579
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Airhead keep in mind that some people HAVE to do low carb/high protein diets because of the way their bodies metabolize carbs.
In order to "clean bulk" I've done diets as high as 200+g protein a day because anything more than 100g of carbs a day fucks my waistline up.

Its definitely not bad for you to have a high protein diet, there's plenty of studies conducted independently at universities to prove it. That destroying your liver nonsense is nothing but broscience.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #1580
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90240sr View Post
I am not trying to be an asshole but do you realize that protein is in most types of food not just in powder form. If you drink a decent amount of milk and eat eggs, meat, lentils and other things you will go over 100 grams of protein easily without taking any protein powder. It would make no sense for any real athlete to eat less then 100 grams of protein unless they were around 80lbs.
Yet I do, and I can do 26+ rounds of Cindy and bench over 1.5x my bodyweight.

All I'm saying is you don't need to overload your body with protein. That's it.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #1581
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Airhead keep in mind that some people HAVE to do low carb/high protein diets because of the way their bodies metabolize carbs.
In order to "clean bulk" I've done diets as high as 200+g protein a day because anything more than 100g of carbs a day fucks my waistline up.

Its definitely not bad for you to have a high protein diet, there's plenty of studies conducted independently at universities to prove it. That destroying your liver nonsense is nothing but broscience.
I'm really tempted to do lower my carbs to like 200g'ish but IDK yet
Fries, how much do you weight and height?
Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #1582
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
5'9" 191. Currently cutting. Pretty fat.

I was 236 got fed up cut hardcore to 171lbs in 4 months. Felt too small ate right got up to 188lbs, ran a cycle to 215lbs dirty bulk as fuck. Moved, no gym access and worked too many hours to cook food... got to 188lbs fat as fuck in 4 months.

Got out of basic in october, been eatinb pretty well and lifting heavy got up to 198lbs and started cutting (last week).

Im eating 1400cal, 125g protein, 115g carbs, 37g fat. E'ry day. Running clen for another week and dymethazine for the next month to maintain as much muscle mass as possible during my cut.

My apologies for the long response, but I felt the resume was needed for my current stats.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #1583
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
how much do you weight and height, Gnnr?
I dont get the whole low carb to get cut? If your doing work in the gym you can easily burn off all those carbs and it can tap into your protein for fuel making it harder for your muscle fibers to repair. I have a friend thats been doing low carb and high protein diet but he cant keep up with me when doing HIIT workouts. I can understand low carb diet if you dont exercise. Complex carbs are your friends lol.
In my opinion I think its best to get information off books. The internet has a lot of scattered and modified information.
I'm 6ft 200lbs. Down 55lbs from last July. A low carb diet =/= Keto. I don't like Keto (you go sub 60g carbs per day). I have sufficient carbs where I can still lift 3x a week and cardio 3x a week on top of working and going to school full time. Speaking of HIIT, I don't much care for that either. I do zone training and run 3-5miles for cardio. Never have an energy problem. I don't take caffeine and the nutrition in my diet is very balanced, and all my meals contain complex carbs.

All that said, everyone needs to find what works best for them. There is no one size fits all plan.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #1584
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
been back on dat gym swag for 2 weeks now
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #1585
xBandiTx
Zilvia Member

xBandiTx is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone recommend a good workout & diet for me? Trying to build some mass in my chest. *Kevin Hart voice* Say it with your chest!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #1586
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Motivation! no HOMO! haha
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #1587
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
so much fuckarounditis about protein right now...
By protein I mean ANIMALS not powder
Its nearly impossible to have too much protein especially for competitive athlete or bodybuilder. Chances are youd be stuffed before you could get to toxic levels of meat fish or poultry. Jay cutler eats 5lb of tilapia per day contest prep, just an example.
Whole foods are 100x superior.
at the least,the LEAST! 1g per lb.
I eat about 225g from things like milk, eggs, almonds, Animals. I'm 185.
ok... im over it. night.

get some!
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #1588
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:

I tend to agree.

When I'm lifting regularly I try to eat 170 or more and I weigh 165ish.

Only one shake and that's because some days with work and gf and life and shit it's hard to get but always go chicken over shakes if you're able.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #1589
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Cool thread.. I'll post up in the am. Started weight training traditional body building style about 1 year ago, however first 4 months I really had no idea what I was doing and my diet was wrong. I'm 5"9 178 right now. Started at 193 pretty fat,
Got down to 168 and was like f this I'm too small, started hitting weights hard and I've put on 10lb of clean muscle. Will post more tmrw.
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #1590
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

I was cracking up so hard at one of Cutlers dvd's where is buying ridiculous amounts of tilapia at costco.
Quote:
Its nearly impossible to have too much protein especially for competitive athlete or bodybuilder. Chances are youd be stuffed before you could get to toxic levels of meat fish or poultry. Jay cutler eats 5lb of tilapia per day contest prep, just an example.
I eat about 225g from things like milk, eggs, almonds, Animals. I'm 185.
ok... im over it. night.

get some!