Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #14971
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Is there a certain amount of times a flywheel can be resurfaced? I had a nasty clutch failure on my car and it put some groves in it, not extremely deep but, definitely not shallow.

stock s14 sr20det flywheel
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #14972
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Is there a certain amount of times a flywheel can be resurfaced? I had a nasty clutch failure on my car and it put some groves in it, not extremely deep but, definitely not shallow.

stock s14 sr20det flywheel
Have a machine shop check it out. It must be balanced as well. I would just get a new one if its in rough shape though. Flywheels aint to expensive
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #14973
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
No Cat?

Does the exhaust still exit at the bumper?
I have the whole system (Stock) but the only thing I don't have is the muffler. and yeah it still exits at the bumper.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #14974
slowmovingvehicle
Leaky Injector

slowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-knownslowmovingvehicle is making his/her stupidity well-known
Just out of curiosity, How much do BNIB never used s13 silvia brick headlights go for?
slowmovingvehicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #14975
jnocera

jnocera is an unknown quantity at this point
1989 rhd 240sx HELP ME PLEASE !!!

What's up guys i'm in need of some help so let me start off with a little back round story. I wanted something right hand drive so i drove to florida and bought a 89 rhd 240sx shell the kid told me it had a sr in and it was direct plug in from a stock sr harness now everything matched up and it only took me a couple hours to get everything in and plugged up but when i was done it cranks but does not start i have no power going to the coils at all now im running your basic redtop s13 sr but being this is my first sr install im lost i check all the fues and relays i have power to the cam angle sensor and the fuel pump is deff working so any ideas would be helpful thanks guy
jnocera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #14976
FourtyKid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
FourtyKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Probably about $600.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #14977
GabAlmighty

GabAlmighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Will an rb20 bolt up to a ka24e tranny?
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #14978
s13 game-changer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
s13 game-changer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
alright guys. so i just bought some 180sx tail lights today for CHEAP!

only thing is they did not come with connectors, or sockets.

i need all necessary parts to wire them up. BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT AND CENTER sockets/ connectors.

can anyone point me in the direction on where to buy them
s13 game-changer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #14979
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
When you are setting your wheels up for "stance" or "fitment" is the alignment the last thing you do? I want little to no negative camber because it reduces how many runs i can get on a set of tires when drifting; i want them to wear evenly. So do i get it aligned then get spacers and adjust height? Should i set my own camber and get it all fitting well then just have the shop set the toe? Basically what's the best/proper order for doing this?
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #14980
truckmtrS13
Zilvia Member

truckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the roughtruckmtrS13 is a jewel in the rough
what is the smallest width over fenders I can buy for my s13 hatch?
truckmtrS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #14981
bigpats_s14

bigpats_s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
When you are setting your wheels up for "stance" or "fitment" is the alignment the last thing you do? I want little to no negative camber because it reduces how many runs i can get on a set of tires when drifting; i want them to wear evenly. So do i get it aligned then get spacers and adjust height? Should i set my own camber and get it all fitting well then just have the shop set the toe? Basically what's the best/proper order for doing this?
If you can't do the alignment your self do all the work spacers and all that then have a 4 wheel alignment done if your going low make sure you go some place where they have an in ground alignment lift and make sure they do do a 4 wheel and not just set the tow.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #14982
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpats_s14 View Post
If you can't do the alignment your self do all the work spacers and all that then have a 4 wheel alignment done if your going low make sure you go some place where they have an in ground alignment lift and make sure they do do a 4 wheel and not just set the tow.
ok that sounds right. thanks
Old 09-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #14983
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Does it make sense that one key I have has trouble starting my 240 (specifically powering the fuel pump) and the other does not? I had them made from scratch after I broke my key in half, so neither one was an original key.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #14984
Wardin

Wardin is an unknown quantity at this point
This might be an odd question and im really not sure what to search for on the subject. But i found a clean vert shell the owner is planning to cut up to repair a silvia that was rear ended, hes mainly just after the spare tire well from what he said. Now ive got a hatch for parts and the spare tire well has 0 rust to speak of. now my question is if its would the panel from my hatch fit in a silvia if removed correctly? Id gladly take mine out if it means i can buy an un molested vert shell. Thoughts?
Wardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #14985
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So I'm looking into arp head studs for my ka. This has prolly been covered but I noticed there are two part #s listed. One is for a ka and the other is ka as well but it's originally listed for a Saturn. One set is cheaper than the other. 165-5401 and 202-4304 are the numbers. Any difference in quality or anything? Not trying to be a cheapass but also not trying to spend money unnecessarily
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #14986
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardin View Post
This might be an odd question and im really not sure what to search for on the subject. But i found a clean vert shell the owner is planning to cut up to repair a silvia that was rear ended, hes mainly just after the spare tire well from what he said. Now ive got a hatch for parts and the spare tire well has 0 rust to speak of. now my question is if its would the panel from my hatch fit in a silvia if removed correctly? Id gladly take mine out if it means i can buy an un molested vert shell. Thoughts?
Looking at it from inside the trunk they look the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetijeff View Post
So I'm looking into arp head studs for my ka. This has prolly been covered but I noticed there are two part #s listed. One is for a ka and the other is ka as well but it's originally listed for a Saturn. One set is cheaper than the other. 165-5401 and 202-4304 are the numbers. Any difference in quality or anything? Not trying to be a cheapass but also not trying to spend money unnecessarily
Both will work fine. Most people use the 240 specific studs though, just because.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #14987
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

t_rempel is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, I'm just looking for some opinions/ insight here. I've got a 2.5" catback with a 50 series flowmaster muffler. I'm really happy with the tone of it, but would like to bring the noise level down.
What is my best bet? I was thinking of adding a glasspack.

Edit: 60 series

Last edited by t_rempel; 09-25-2013 at 11:51 PM..
t_rempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #14988
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rempel View Post
Hey guys, I'm just looking for some opinions/ insight here. I've got a 2.5" catback with a 50 series flowmaster muffler. I'm really happy with the tone of it, but would like to bring the noise level down.
Isn't that a big ass truck muffler?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #14989
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
FM50 series is a big mofo...cant' see much else helping

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #14990
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Get a turbo muffler. Very quiet except under full throttle.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #14991
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
FM50 series is a big mofo...cant' see much else helping
My bad on the type-o there. I've got the 60 series meant for 4/6 cyl motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
Get a turbo muffler. Very quiet except under full throttle.
Hadn't really considered replacing the muffler since it's relatively new, but it's an option!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #14992
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Edit: 60 series
A glass pack (resonator) would quiet it down considerably, hence why most factory exhaust systems have a resonator and a muffler. The longer the quieter. But u are prolly gonna change the tone a bit by doin it.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #14993
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetijeff View Post
A glass pack (resonator) would quiet it down considerably, hence why most factory exhaust systems have a resonator and a muffler. The longer the quieter. But u are prolly gonna change the tone a bit by doin it.
Hmmmm.. Is there a way to bring the volume down without changing the tone, or is it an either/or situation?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #14994
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Hmmmm.. Is there a way to bring the volume down without changing the tone, or is it an either/or situation?
Not really that I know of. If u get a shorter one u could quiet it down a bit without changing it too much.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #14995
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Does it make sense that one key I have has trouble starting my 240 (specifically powering the fuel pump) and the other does not? I had them made from scratch after I broke my key in half, so neither one was an original key.
It makes perfect sense. The key that works was the first one made from the original. The second one was made immediately after without the key machine operator checking to see if anything was maladjusted during the process on the first key.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #14996
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
$200 too much for front z32 brake calipers? Some guy is trying to sell them and don't want to get ripped off.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #14997
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
It makes perfect sense. The key that works was the first one made from the original. The second one was made immediately after without the key machine operator checking to see if anything was maladjusted during the process on the first key.
I understand how the keys can vary, but the real question was if it made sense that a key can do everything except start the fuel pump (and probably some other things but the fuel is the most obvious). They both have the ability to turn the starter on and crank the car but one has occasional trouble with the fuel pump priming.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #14998
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
okay i've finally got my brakes working on my s13, after replacing my master cylinder. i bench bled it, then bled the brakes on the car twice. i have brakes, but only manual brakes. i checked the 1 way check valves for the booster and they still work only 1 way. i also checked to see if the booster held vacuum and it did. what else would cause it to not work? i have a vacuum leak somehwere, not sure if related or not. and my rear brakes also drag quite a bit. i just put new rotors and PMU pads on.
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #14999
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
okay i've finally got my brakes working on my s13, after replacing my master cylinder. i bench bled it, then bled the brakes on the car twice. i have brakes, but only manual brakes. i checked the 1 way check valves for the booster and they still work only 1 way. i also checked to see if the booster held vacuum and it did. what else would cause it to not work? i have a vacuum leak somehwere, not sure if related or not. and my rear brakes also drag quite a bit. i just put new rotors and PMU pads on.
Double check that check valve is facing the right way. Fix vaccum leak
Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #15000
apexhumper
Leaky Injector

apexhumper is on a distinguished road
Hate to bring this in here but i cant find the answer anywhere probably because I dont know what Im looking for. My car got hit and this dropped out, anyone know what it is?