Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-08-2015, 12:08 AM   #1471
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
the shipping isn't always on the company. It can be the seller. I have items that Jesse has been waiting for weeks. Some items are fast, some are slow. I have like 6 or 7 items at buyee right now. Just waiting for them all to get their so I can consolidate into one package.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #1472
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
the shipping isn't always on the company. It can be the seller. I have items that Jesse has been waiting for weeks. Some items are fast, some are slow. I have like 6 or 7 items at buyee right now. Just waiting for them all to get their so I can consolidate into one package.
It's not always up to the sellers (like Jesse), though. This was the case with my Carbing strut bars. I had all other items ready to go but Jesse held onto them in an effort to consolidate shipping. Carbing ended up taking forever so I had the other batch of parts sent separately.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #1473
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
It's not always up to the sellers (like Jesse), though. This was the case with my Carbing strut bars. I had all other items ready to go but Jesse held onto them in an effort to consolidate shipping. Carbing ended up taking forever so I had the other batch of parts sent separately.
Jesse is not the seller. He is the middle man. The seller is the person actually sending the product to Jesse. You went way off base. You were waiting on an actual manufacturer. That is expected when dealing with manufacturers. Hell I have to wait a month or so for my exhaust. 4k for exhaust, wait a month or two lol. But joe blow seller on yahoo auctions could just be a normal citizen. Sometimes you have to wait on them to send the shit to Jesse.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #1474
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Just won this greddy 60mm peak/warn water temp gauge for $25

And a Rezax center cap for $20
Old 05-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #1475
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Jesse is not the seller. He is the middle man. The seller is the person actually sending the product to Jesse. You went way off base. You were waiting on an actual manufacturer. That is expected when dealing with manufacturers. Hell I have to wait a month or so for my exhaust. 4k for exhaust, wait a month or two lol. But joe blow seller on yahoo auctions could just be a normal citizen. Sometimes you have to wait on them to send the shit to Jesse.
Well you're right about one thing. I misused the word 'seller' this time. I know that Jesse is the middle man. I was trying to say that it was, in fact, Carbing I was waiting on. I thought my last sentence kinda got the point across...

Quote:
Carbing ended up taking forever so I had the other batch of parts sent separately.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #1476
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I wish I could find a Greddy water temp gauge in F.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #1477
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
does greddy even make imperial gauges? Or only metric
Metric really isn't that bad once you get used to it. My greddy pressure gauges are in bar and after a year i can eyeball psi to bar pretty well
Old 05-11-2015, 03:33 PM   #1478
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
does greddy even make imperial gauges? Or only metric
Metric really isn't that bad once you get used to it. My greddy pressure gauges are in bar and after a year i can eyeball psi to bar pretty well

It's water temp, how hard is it understand what your car should be at?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #1479
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah they do they're just hard to find, I have an imperial Greddy oil psi gauge. And i've seen an imperial water temp here and there just not common.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #1480
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

True that. I thought i had seen one in *F before but it's probably been a while.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:20 AM   #1481
TOPSECRETIS

Trader Rating: (0)
TOPSECRETIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If I were to buy a part for 10,000 yen, aside from shipping from Japan to the U.S., what are the fees that Buyee service charges?

The reason I ask is because I have been in Japan a long time and have bought lets just say "a lot" of parts for buddies on all different forums, just wondering how much it really costs.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #1482
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
10% of the item you purchased, as well as shipping from the auction seller to the Buyee warehouse.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #1483
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Anyone know if there is another parts service as awesome as Jesse Streeter? Looks like he is slammed right now and can't help me with a bucket seat right now.

I am looking for a more personal service as opposed to a bigger company like importmonster.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #1484
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Hopefully someone here will chime in, anyone with this capability could make some good side money!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #1485
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Contact Adam@FeastAuto

http://www.feastautoexport.com/
Old 05-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #1486
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Hopefully someone here will chime in, anyone with this capability could make some good side money!
If I get stationed there next I'll be doing it for fun. I like Jesse's business model: keeps his cut low and it keeps the customers coming. Just bought S15 visors for ~$50 and they arrived today. Like new. Someone on here is selling these for $230+. I can't understand that price hike...or the narrow-minded fucks that defend that price.

Yes, I'm on Streeter's peepee and I want to be like him when I grow up.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #1487
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Well you're right about one thing. I misused the word 'seller' this time. I know that Jesse is the middle man. I was trying to say that it was, in fact, Carbing I was waiting on. I thought my last sentence kinda got the point across...
since you used the word in the wrong context, it didn't imply that at all since you were using it as the example.....hence the response. But I get what you are saying after the follow up. I have about 8 or 9 grand spent with Jesse right now. Still waiting on all of it. Some is from manufacturer which is expected. But some is typical random used private seller parts. Some of the auctions ended weeks ago. I did get one package since it was shipped to him fast. Its just hit or miss. Once Jesse receives, he's fast.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #1488
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I just recently bought wheels from Jesse and they arrived 2 days after he sent them. Hands down one of the easiest transactions i've ever made. Golden Week was last week in Japan so if he is backed up, that may be one of the reasons.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #1489
TOPSECRETIS

Ah I see. I have been doing it for years but just as a hobby. I can help people but I'm sure I'll run into the same issues I've faced in the past and I'm sure everyone does. Shipping stuff pushing the limit of USPS sucks so I don't do it. EMS is way easier and faster but do people wanna pay more. Say I buy a taillight and it's worth $200 but I woke up at 2am and got it for $40, Id love to sell it to you for $60 but I'm hosing myself. Also seats are a total pain in the ass. I'll never do it again. They are too time consuming and even broken down, cost a ton to ship. Also I, and I'm sure all others, have a normal job and family. This is just a hobby. I got a message when the IS 350 first came out and a guy on the forum wanted an HKS exhaust that was only available in Japan. He paid me a few hundred dollars to buy a new kit, cut it in smaller pieces so I could express mail it to him. It was well worth it for me therefore I enjoyed doing it. Plus if I get 20 requests, I can't keep up. My wife does all the messaging and paying on YAJ and Im not trying to piss her off.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #1490
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPSECRETIS View Post
Ah I see. I have been doing it for years but just as a hobby. I can help people but I'm sure I'll run into the same issues I've faced in the past and I'm sure everyone does. Shipping stuff pushing the limit of USPS sucks so I don't do it. EMS is way easier and faster but do people wanna pay more. Say I buy a taillight and it's worth $200 but I woke up at 2am and got it for $40, Id love to sell it to you for $60 but I'm hosing myself. Also seats are a total pain in the ass. I'll never do it again. They are too time consuming and even broken down, cost a ton to ship. Also I, and I'm sure all others, have a normal job and family. This is just a hobby. I got a message when the IS 350 first came out and a guy on the forum wanted an HKS exhaust that was only available in Japan. He paid me a few hundred dollars to buy a new kit, cut it in smaller pieces so I could express mail it to him. It was well worth it for me therefore I enjoyed doing it. Plus if I get 20 requests, I can't keep up. My wife does all the messaging and paying on YAJ and Im not trying to piss her off.
I totally feel you man. When i was stationed there i used to buy shit for other people on base that were local because it was an easy way to make a little side change. My wife did all the real work on YAJ and kept all the fees; i just got the street cred for being the middle man.

USPS is complete shit and people tend to not realize how much something can end up costing by the time it gets to them. Never sold to buyers stateside because there wasn't any money in it for the time that had to be put in.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #1491
TOPSECRETIS

I don't know who Jesse is but if he's shipping wheels for you guys, he's really going out of his way for yall. That's pretty awesome. I get wheels for guys on base but shipping them stateside is a PITA. I'm hoarding all the rare wheels from Japan to bring back in my HHG shipment. I guess I could be considered a sneakerhead, but for wheels of cars I've yet to own.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #1492
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Can someone explain in more depth for me? I'm not sure I completely understand... I have several buddies that use USPS on base in Japan to ship wheels for fairly cheap..m are there any issues with this?
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #1493
TOPSECRETIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomChan View Post
Can someone explain in more depth for me? I'm not sure I completely understand... I have several buddies that use USPS on base in Japan to ship wheels for fairly cheap..m are there any issues with this?
The main issue is as stupid as it sounds, it's against the policy to use USPS for anything other than personal use. If I went in there every day and shipped. Set of wheels, I would lose my mailbox privledges pretty quickly. All locations are different. Mine doesn't play around which is fine. Rules are rules.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #1494
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPSECRETIS View Post
The main issue is as stupid as it sounds, it's against the policy to use USPS for anything other than personal use. If I went in there every day and shipped. Set of wheels, I would lose my mailbox privledges pretty quickly. All locations are different. Mine doesn't play around which is fine. Rules are rules.
THIS. Some places are more relaxed about it, but if you are stationed overseas and lose your mail privileges, you are essentially fucked for the rest of your tour.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:52 AM   #1495
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
If I get stationed there next I'll be doing it for fun. I like Jesse's business model: keeps his cut low and it keeps the customers coming. Just bought S15 visors for ~$50 and they arrived today. Like new. Someone on here is selling these for $230+. I can't understand that price hike...or the narrow-minded fucks that defend that price.
Things are changing rapidly right now for this kind of stuff. While there are a lot more people using Yahoo Japan to get parts stateside, there are still far more people that don't know how to do it or don't want to bother spending the time to learn. Certain parts have been rare for years here in the states that are now becoming a bit less hard to come by thanks to people using the auctions. I think this could potentially shake up the prices of some items that are a bit more available now if you know how and where to look.

Heck, I had an item I bought new from a shop in Japan that Jesse shipped over here for me. I ultimately decided not to use it, posted it for over twice what I paid for it here, and sold it within an hour. The item is still available brand new via Jesse the same way I bought it.

On the other hand, look at something like S13 Ganador mirrors. I bought and sold multiple sets back in 2009-2011 for around $200. Now they're going for $500+ and the prices on Yahoo Japan reflect that as well. Certain items that are in high demand in the states are still expensive through Yahoo Japan- like TE37s. I have to imagine people in Japan have seen what these items sell for and are adjusting pricing accordingly.

There's no doubt that Jesse has things down to an absolute science. I only began using his services in the last six months, but I have never had a more positive experience buying car parts. I've purchased a pair of seats, wheels, a front lip, gauges, etc. and it's been awesome every time. He was even willing to ship the wheels DHL for me (Cost me about ¥24000 for shipping on the pair) and they arrived about 24 hours after they left Japan. Both seats I purchased were well under market value here in the states even with EMS shipping from Japan included and they arrived in less than a week.

I believe Jesse has a few things working against him right now: limited storage space, people who don't pay immediately after winning an item he purchases on their behalf, and a super high demand. It's a massive privilege to use his service and it bums me out when people take advantage of him and leave him out to dry. I always try to go out of my way to be as gracious as possible and pay immediately. I would gladly pay more than the modest fee he charges to use his services. Pretty invaluable in my opinion.

I've also seen sets of wheels for sale on Zilvia that I saw for sale on Yahoo Japan for 6x the price they were purchased for. Half the time the packaging from Japan is still present in the photos. I guess if people can pull it off then more power to them. I've been known to do the same thing, though it usually isn't my initial intent.

I wish I knew how to get parts this way the first time I built my car, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:37 AM   #1496
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Things are changing rapidly right now for this kind of stuff. While there are a lot more people using Yahoo Japan to get parts stateside, there are still far more people that don't know how to do it or don't want to bother spending the time to learn. Certain parts have been rare for years here in the states that are now becoming a bit less hard to come by thanks to people using the auctions. I think this could potentially shake up the prices of some items that are a bit more available now if you know how and where to look.

Heck, I had an item I bought new from a shop in Japan that Jesse shipped over here for me. I ultimately decided not to use it, posted it for over twice what I paid for it here, and sold it within an hour. The item is still available brand new via Jesse the same way I bought it.

On the other hand, look at something like S13 Ganador mirrors. I bought and sold multiple sets back in 2009-2011 for around $200. Now they're going for $500+ and the prices on Yahoo Japan reflect that as well. Certain items that are in high demand in the states are still expensive through Yahoo Japan- like TE37s. I have to imagine people in Japan have seen what these items sell for and are adjusting pricing accordingly.

There's no doubt that Jesse has things down to an absolute science. I only began using his services in the last six months, but I have never had a more positive experience buying car parts. I've purchased a pair of seats, wheels, a front lip, gauges, etc. and it's been awesome every time. He was even willing to ship the wheels DHL for me (Cost me about ¥24000 for shipping on the pair) and they arrived about 24 hours after they left Japan. Both seats I purchased were well under market value here in the states even with EMS shipping from Japan included and they arrived in less than a week.

I believe Jesse has a few things working against him right now: limited storage space, people who don't pay immediately after winning an item he purchases on their behalf, and a super high demand. It's a massive privilege to use his service and it bums me out when people take advantage of him and leave him out to dry. I always try to go out of my way to be as gracious as possible and pay immediately. I would gladly pay more than the modest fee he charges to use his services. Pretty invaluable in my opinion.

I've also seen sets of wheels for sale on Zilvia that I saw for sale on Yahoo Japan for 6x the price they were purchased for. Half the time the packaging from Japan is still present in the photos. I guess if people can pull it off then more power to them. I've been known to do the same thing, though it usually isn't my initial intent.

I wish I knew how to get parts this way the first time I built my car, lol.
I totally agree with you on the failing to pay immediately thing. I've purchased quite a few things from him in the last few months and ALWAYS pay immediately. Because I think of him as a person, not a business entity.

I wish I could think of MORE things to buy from Japan (wish I had more money too)

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #1497
TOPSECRETIS

I buy at least 2 things a night. My wife hates me because she does all the hard parts. I got a set of 18" IS350 wheels with so so tires, no wheel rash for 20,000 yen. I know it's not a Nissan part but it's a score for me.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #1498
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

1.) ...there are a lot more people using Yahoo Japan to get parts stateside, there are still far more people that don't know how to do it or don't want to bother spending the time to learn.

2.) Certain items that are in high demand in the states are still expensive through Yahoo Japan- like TE37s. I have to imagine people in Japan have seen what these items sell for and are adjusting pricing accordingly.

3.) I've also seen sets of wheels for sale on Zilvia that I saw for sale on Yahoo Japan for 6x the price they were purchased for. Half the time the packaging from Japan is still present in the photos. I guess if people can pull it off then more power to them. I've been known to do the same thing, though it usually isn't my initial intent.

4.) I wish I knew how to get parts this way the first time I built my car, lol.
1.) Well fuck 'em, lol. I understand the need to ask questions now and then but when you're too lazy to use a fucking English to Japanese translator on Google then I stop caring. People email me asking me how to say a certain word in Japanese and I just delete the message. It's the same argument this forum always has: fucking s e a r c h. Use Google. Actually read Jesse's website. Ask Jesse after you've done both...but don't come to the forums and start a new thread or PM someone because you want to be spoon fed.

2.) TE37s are 'cheap' buy our standards, though. I've priced out popular sizes and I often think of buying a set of 17" to sit on for a while. I know I paid about ~$1200 less than US market value for my TE37Vs brand new, from Rays Japan, shipped to Jesse, and then shipped to me. The prices for the 17" is still awesome IMO.

3.) Maybe I'm a shitty businessman but I would never buy something for $100 in Japan and sell it for $1000 here. It just seems shitty. It's odd I feel like this because you could argue that someone so ignorant should be forced to pay exponentially more because they're too lazy to source out services like Jesse. I had my S13 window louvers for sale for around $700. I paid less than half for them...but they're a 'unicorn' piece. I ended up keeping them, anyway. If I were to buy a new exhaust (currently in production, not a 'unicorn') for $300 and then sell it for $1000 I'd feel...dirty haha.

4.) A-fucking-men!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #1499
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

I only pay when Jesse sends the invoice. I have won auctions sometimes weeks in advance before I even get an invoice. Sometimes jesse will send you a quote and will clearly say not to pay and wait for a proper invoice. I was actually kind of wondering what was going on since I had about 3k worth of stuff that I had not paid for at all. It took about 4 weeks to get everything. Then finally, yesterday I get the invoice for all of it combined into a DHL shipment.

Here is the things about auctions. ITS AN AUCTION. Things can go way under price, things can go way over price. That brand new in box nismo oil temp gauge I won I got for like 250. (you can spend more on USED old school nismo gauges). You bet your damn ass I could slang that for 500 easy. Just because you get something at a good price doesn't mean you can't raise the price to resell. That is called business.

Also, I have found some people that don't know if items are discontinued or not. If an item is discontinued, its rare no matter where you are. Obviously more rare here (or where ever) if it was never sold here to begin with. Also depends on when the item was discontinued. Especially if its off cars that were never sold here either. Then to top it off, if the car is popular world wide, it makes it a bit more harder to get also. The 240 game is one thing.....get into GTR category, shit hits the fan. Then you have to deal with gtr tax, decently wealthy owners tax, people willing to pay the extra for a particular item tax, becoming a classic car/parts hard to come by tax. I mean I paid 700 dollars for some god damn floor mats and that was a pure bidding war. But that was the first time I've ever seen them in a set for sale....and they were brand new also. Almost like someone cleaned out the shed and found them in the back, so they threw them up on the auctions.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #1500
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

1.) I only pay when Jesse sends the invoice.

2.) Just because you get something at a good price doesn't mean you can't raise the price to resell. That is called business.

3.) If an item is discontinued, its rare no matter where you are.
1.) Yeah that's how it's always been for me. I don't know what Damon meant but maybe it was a mistake in communication?

2.) Yeah man. I totally get it. The difference between myself and the guys selling fucking $50 S15 visors for $250 is the amount we're willing to raise the price by. I mean if some idiot buys the fucking visors for that much then maybe he doesn't deserver to have money in the first place lol. I just personally don't agree with an astronomical raise. Unless of course...

3.) ...this is the case. This is why I have no qualms with flipping my louvers for a nice profit. It was pure fucking magic that I found them...Jesse even told me that he had no problem keeping them if I decided not to take the once he won the bid. Talk about score. I feel the same way about my S15 seats. I've only seen one other set since I bought mine and they were in another car, not on the marketplace.

I feel like we're on the same page but we keep quoting each other to confirm hah.

*EDIT*
After trolling your build thread I can see appreciate you being a connoisseur of rare parts.