Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #14941
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so i have arp extended studs on the front of my car , i pressed them in at work and i even welded the backs just to be sure . so put on a 20 mm spacer but was still hitting the coilover with my current camber settings , rather than pull out some camber i banged the studs out of 25mm bolt on spacers i had and made them a slip on now , wheels clear fine at full lock and such now . is this a bad idea? i have them torqued properly and i re torqued them after driving a few miles . shouldnt be a problem right?

also in the rear i have a 25mm bolt on but the old studs were able to poke threw just enough that my wheels wouldnt sit flush on the new spacer ,so i put on a 3 or 5mm slip on to help clear the studs . everything is torqued so i should be good right? i will re torque them if needed after a few miles.

i never used spacers before and dont really love them but i noticed that after changing my arms out and other stuff like camber settings and things that they would touch my coilovers or rear body every so often , so i feel like the spacers were a good alternative to having the wheels re sized for now
they are 18x10 +9 and 18x12+9 ,im now using 25mm slip ons in the front and the rear is the 25mm bolt on with 5 mm slip on .so i guess the offset now would be front -16 rears -21.
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #14942
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo240 View Post
so i have arp extended studs on the front of my car , i pressed them in at work and i even welded the backs just to be sure . so put on a 20 mm spacer but was still hitting the coilover with my current camber settings , rather than pull out some camber i banged the studs out of 25mm bolt on spacers i had and made them a slip on now , wheels clear fine at full lock and such now . is this a bad idea? i have them torqued properly and i re torqued them after driving a few miles . shouldnt be a problem right?
I am trying to understand the second half of your post here, but not really sure what is going on.

For 1, it is totally pointless to weld the studs onto your hub, because the act of tightening the wheel lugs holds it in. If you needed welds to hold the stud to the hub, it means you don't have a lug on it (or it isn't tightened).
Old 09-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #14943
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

[QUOTE=bc.;5420335]I am trying to understand the second half of your post here, but not really sure what is going on.

For 1, it is totally pointless to weld the studs onto your hub, because the act of tightening the wheel lugs holds it in. If you needed welds to hold the stud to the hub, it means you don't have a lug on it (or it isn't tightened).

they were in fine , i know it was pointless ,i kinda just did , no real reason .we had a new welding machine at the shop i wanted to use. dumb i know
Old 09-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #14944
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

i guess i should have just asked , arp extended studs will be fine with a spacer that used to be bolt on but then was made into a slip on by removing the studs?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #14945
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Might want to verify its hub centric, but other than buy correct offset wheels, you should be fine.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #14946
zbarsuglia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
zbarsuglia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So I noticed that my wheel sits further back than it should.. I know that caster isn't adjustable in the rear so I'm leaning towards a bent control arm.. Does anyone have any input
zbarsuglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #14947
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarsuglia View Post
So I noticed that my wheel sits further back than it should.. I know that caster isn't adjustable in the rear so I'm leaning towards a bent control arm.. Does anyone have any input
What makes you think it sits further back than it should? Did you measure something that tells you that it does or is it just your perception?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #14948
zbarsuglia
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
What makes you think it sits further back than it should? Did you measure something that tells you that it does or is it just your perception?
Its not hard to tell that it sits further back.. I have three fingers from right side of my tire to my quarter and not even 2 fingers on the other side. My drivers side is dead even and the wheel sits directly in the middle of the fender arch
Old 09-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #14949
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There are alignment variables that can account for that. It could be something bent but that's far from a sure thing.

Go get an alignment.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #14950
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ok so i need to take off my door panel but my window crank is super glued on. how do i take it off? i tried goo gone but its not reaching the super glue. HELP PLEASE!
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #14951
zbarsuglia
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
There are alignment variables that can account for that. It could be something bent but that's far from a sure thing.

Go get an alignment.
Already got one...... >_< didn't help
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #14952
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarsuglia View Post
Already got one...... >_< didn't help
Thrust angle or 4 wheel?

FSM has geometry measurements in it to check for bent parts.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #14953
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the size of the drive shaft in a automatic Sr20DET?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #14954
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Wanting to rewrap the headliner in my non sunroof S14 with black fabric. How hard is it to remove? Do I really have to take out the rear seats as the FSM shows?
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #14955
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
what is the inside diameter of the mb battles?

need to know asap, please.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #14956
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92s13Widebody View Post
welllllll in that case lets say i had a AEM ecu with a gt30r and a greddy intake manifold with a intake and other goodies but stock internals until i have enough money for tomei 270cams should i keep the tanabe?

also i ment to say 2nd to 3rd gear drifts doesnt hold well unless i shift 2nd to 3rd then clutch kick but after that its fine but 1st-2nd gear short drifts with alot of angle it seems to bog down easy after and ovcourse not we beat cars up around here no pussy shifting not double clutching like you should haha
OK, stock internals are still good for 7200rpm+/- shift point. Adding that 270 cam will of course move your rev ability higher, along with your rev cam's usable rev area(236 - 252: off idle to 5500, 252 - 266: 2500 - 6500 rpm, 266 - ^: 4000 - 8000 rpm)
Your Tanabe system will be fine. What you really need is to go somewhere where they know what they are doing, really well, and get your AEM tuned for what you are doing.

In a 1 -2 high angle drift, you are scrubbing rear wheel speed more and more with higher angle. If you are entering the drift as an inertia drift, and not a true powerslide, that is why you are bogging. Same thing for an e-brake entry. You are slowing the rear wheels too much. If you set the car by flicking steering, and can get back into the throttle and slide the tires you won't bog. I have a small piece of back road with a few really nicely set up S's that are 1-2 gear drifts...STOCK KA with intake, ecu, pipe and 205's on SE's... If I enter the corner at speed, flip the steering into an full on inertia entry, kick the clutch so slide the tires and power through the apex, my car doesn't bog. The key is fast entry, inertia based angle that is smoother than ebrake angle, then power THROUGH the apex moment as you car gains angle, but does not lose rear wheel speed.
I think, maybe, you might need to adjust your 'tune' on that AEM, and maybe work on inertia drift style. As the man said in an interview a couple years ago,"Musta drivu fastuh in corner, car usah inertia, fulluh powa through middle and outu." "OH, but I see you have a drift kit on your emergency brake?" "No. Thatuh PARKING BRAKU, mustuh parkah HILL sometime!"
What this grand master of the drift was saying, was no ebrake drift, inertia and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAo096CS70

and a little more relevant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvPdFt16-8
Old 09-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #14957
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
ok so i need to take off my door panel but my window crank is super glued on. how do i take it off? i tried goo gone but its not reaching the super glue. HELP PLEASE!
?? The window crank should not be glued on. If I remember correctly, it is slip fit onto a metal dowel and should pull right out with some force. Now if you glued yours on for some reason, that is a different story.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #14958
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
a pair of vice grips, some force, and ordering a new window crank comes to mind
Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #14959
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
?? The window crank should not be glued on. If I remember correctly, it is slip fit onto a metal dowel and should pull right out with some force. Now if you glued yours on for some reason, that is a different story.

yeah if its for s13, the crank should have a clip holding it in.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #14960
FourtyKid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
FourtyKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Which wire is for the fuel level gauge in an S13? My fuel pump has:

Red/Blue
Yellow
Yellow w/ Blue Stripe
Black
White w/ Purple Stripe

I've got it narrowed down to either of the yellow wires. FSM says it's a green wire with a blue stripe, which doesn't make sense. Can anyone else chime in?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #14961
slapnuts240

slapnuts240 is an unknown quantity at this point
ka24de trouble

Im gettting no power to my ka24de for some reason and i wanted to know if anyone can help because i want to start drive my car soon.
slapnuts240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #14962
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyKid View Post
Which wire is for the fuel level gauge in an S13? My fuel pump has:

Red/Blue
Yellow
Yellow w/ Blue Stripe
Black
White w/ Purple Stripe

I've got it narrowed down to either of the yellow wires. FSM says it's a green wire with a blue stripe, which doesn't make sense. Can anyone else chime in?
My hunch says you are looking for the yellow/blue stripe wire. Note the position of the FSM wire to what you actually see. Check to make sure they are the 'same wire', and rock on wit you bad self. Remember, yellow and green are just shades of one another in nature. Maybe some guy at the factory ran out of green/blue wire that day
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #14963
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
My car has no muffler but sometimes I can smell gasoline coming from the exhaust, every time I go and look there is no gas on the floor and no leaks from what I see.

Is it normal since I don't have a muffler on my car to sometimes smell gasoline?
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #14964
GabAlmighty

GabAlmighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Have an 89 KA24e 5spd. Will an rb20 bolt up to my tranny? Or do I need to get the tranny with the rb20
GabAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #14965
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
My car has no muffler but sometimes I can smell gasoline coming from the exhaust, every time I go and look there is no gas on the floor and no leaks from what I see.

Is it normal since I don't have a muffler on my car to sometimes smell gasoline?
No Cat?

Does the exhaust still exit at the bumper?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #14966
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnuts240 View Post
Im gettting no power to my ka24de for some reason and i wanted to know if anyone can help because i want to start drive my car soon.
can you elaborate?
Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #14967
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nm.. Found what I'm looking for

Last edited by EnemyS15; 09-22-2013 at 09:21 PM..
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #14968
stev0n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stev0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev0n View Post
I need to know what kind of bulb socket goes into the S15 parking light.

All I found in search was "go to a junkyard" "maybe a maxima or xterra or another Nissan will have the right size". There are no pick & pull type places anywhere near me that have Nissans. So I will have to go to another state to find the closest one that will. Autozone/O'reilly/advance had no clue.

Before I make the trip I need a definitive answer of what car will have a socket that fits. Or even better if someone knows a place online to order them to save me the trip.

I have the low beam, high beam, & turn signals. But having no parking lights is a problem.
Quoting my question, because I have to register this car this week & have to have the lights to do that.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #14969
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post

It is possibly coming from your emissions stuff under the hood. I pulled my carbon canister and evap lines in my KA and found out that my car would leak gas when the tank is full.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #14970
92s13Widebody
Leaky Injector

92s13Widebody is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
OK, stock internals are still good for 7200rpm+/- shift point. Adding that 270 cam will of course move your rev ability higher, along with your rev cam's usable rev area(236 - 252: off idle to 5500, 252 - 266: 2500 - 6500 rpm, 266 - ^: 4000 - 8000 rpm)
Your Tanabe system will be fine. What you really need is to go somewhere where they know what they are doing, really well, and get your AEM tuned for what you are doing.

In a 1 -2 high angle drift, you are scrubbing rear wheel speed more and more with higher angle. If you are entering the drift as an inertia drift, and not a true powerslide, that is why you are bogging. Same thing for an e-brake entry. You are slowing the rear wheels too much. If you set the car by flicking steering, and can get back into the throttle and slide the tires you won't bog. I have a small piece of back road with a few really nicely set up S's that are 1-2 gear drifts...STOCK KA with intake, ecu, pipe and 205's on SE's... If I enter the corner at speed, flip the steering into an full on inertia entry, kick the clutch so slide the tires and power through the apex, my car doesn't bog. The key is fast entry, inertia based angle that is smoother than ebrake angle, then power THROUGH the apex moment as you car gains angle, but does not lose rear wheel speed.
I think, maybe, you might need to adjust your 'tune' on that AEM, and maybe work on inertia drift style. As the man said in an interview a couple years ago,"Musta drivu fastuh in corner, car usah inertia, fulluh powa through middle and outu." "OH, but I see you have a drift kit on your emergency brake?" "No. Thatuh PARKING BRAKU, mustuh parkah HILL sometime!"
What this grand master of the drift was saying, was no ebrake drift, inertia and power.

Nippondamic-Let's Go Drift (Green-Bottle DVD Inertia) - YouTube

and a little more relevant...

DUBSTEP N DRIFTING - YouTube
ok cool thanks for all the great info man really helped me out gunna start looking into cams this week and useing less ebrake at the track this weekend see how that goes as for the ecu itll be getting tuned up when i finish up the motor with the cams and head maybe e85
92s13Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote