Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #14731
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think so. Can't guarantee that. Double check with someone

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #14732
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerth View Post
hi guys so my car wont start right away all the time it. it takes like 20-50 times for it to start, this is a problem i've been having for a year i have since replaced my

lower harness including the battery cable
starter
ignition switch

and I'm still fairly new to these cars
what other things should i take a look at or replace?
Are you getting spark? Fuel? Check there first. Could be a CAS too, when they fail you get a no start, and the occasional start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1333 View Post
On bride seats. Can the plastic grommets that surround the harness holes be removed?
Unsure on a bridge but on other seats you can as if you reskin or replace or wash the harness, you need to take the hard plastic parts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo240 View Post
if i started my car with the maf ground going to the wrong pin would that have fried my maf? my car will not rev past what im guessing is 3000 rpm's . i did since put the wires in the right order but chasebays had them wrong so i wanna know if it would have ruined my maf or anything else cause since i put this harness on nothing really works it seems.
Shouldn't hurt anything. Disconnect battery, fix wiring, and hook it all back up. You may need to still clear the ECU MAF code though.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #14733
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
HipHopHippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Willing to bet OP didn't take the lower 2 nuts off the studs that go into the upper pan
^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #14734
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Did you break your rear main seal housing 40 min after you asked how to remove it?
yes :I

msglngththing
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #14735
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
Nah. Actually, one of my injectors was leaking and I kept cranking the engine to make it start. I ended up flooding my engine. Now would it be ideal to change my spark plugs after fixing this
Note bc and the other post below your OP. What they are saying is yes, at least dry out your plugs, and you should inspect and change your oil. Why? If you flooded the engine bad enough to wash the plugs, you probably washed the cylinders and got fuel into the crank case. As you know, chump gas is great for cleaning parts off when they are oily or greasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
He didn't finish saying it, but change your oil too.
'washing' a engine sucks. Have you ever seen the results if they kept running? Spectacular stuff, but usually ruins things like hoods, intakes, and sometimes worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopHippo View Post
yes :I

msglngththing
STOP working on your car NOW. Go immediately into town and look for a small building with a sign on the door that says simply ASAP, and register for weekly meetings. This would be ASAP, Anti Silvia Abuse Program. There you will meet a sponsor who knows how to properly work on S Chassis cars. He, or she, will assist you when you work on the car by pointing out what you need to do so it is done correctly. You have now gone above and beyond the normal ham fisted wannabe stage and are in full blown Silvia Abuse. STOP now, or we may have to make an intervention.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #14736
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So i just got sum new wheels for my S14 and can't decide what rear overs to go with.. I was already set on sum 50mm Charge speed overs; rear wheels are 18x12.5 -44 and I'm kinda thinking the 50mm might still need a good -10 camber . I have a D-max 3 kit on and was wondering how BN blister rear overs work with non BN blister kit I have a chance to get them for cheap at the moment. any pix or info would greatly be appreciated thanks peeps
Old 08-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #14737
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Horn Wiring

My horn doesn't work on my S14. My fuses are good. I've disassembled the hub, and it looks like it could be one of two things: The rotating hub itself (brown wire), or my green/white wire, which has a small bit of damage done near the connector. The rotating hub says not to take it apart, but I want to access the brass contact ring. How should I go about doing so?

Last edited by teh smithers; 09-01-2013 at 03:23 PM..
teh smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #14738
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
STOP working on your car NOW. Go immediately into town and look for a small building with a sign on the door that says simply ASAP, and register for weekly meetings. This would be ASAP, Anti Silvia Abuse Program. There you will meet a sponsor who knows how to properly work on S Chassis cars. He, or she, will assist you when you work on the car by pointing out what you need to do so it is done correctly. You have now gone above and beyond the normal ham fisted wannabe stage and are in full blown Silvia Abuse. STOP now, or we may have to make an intervention.
do you think theyll help me put in my godspeed rollcage?
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #14739
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopHippo View Post
do you think theyll help me put in my godspeed rollcage?
I'm sure ZFever can.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #14740
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
so i pulled codes from my ecu and at first i got 55 , so i went to start the car but while pulling codes the battery was dying and cranking it over killed it. So i jumped the battery and redid the codes and got code 11 ,the cas. now im not sure if that was an actual code or if it was because the battery died while trying the first time? either way i cleared everything then drove the car and it still does the same stuff . all i really changed was the engine harness (chasebays ) and pt my chassis harness behind my dash .I have looked over my chassis harness dozens of times ,relays ,fuses ,grounds are all good .
I have had to repin the chasebays harness for the maf ,so far the ect plug didnt match,none of the trans plugs match and now this whole deal .
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #14741
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Is a S14 Navan front bumper Urethane or Fiberglass?
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #14742
Mr_Flamenco

Mr_Flamenco is an unknown quantity at this point
guys,, I am at the out looking for a roll cage,

what roll cage should i be getting? any advice on materials? design? welding type. anything that can help me,
shipping a roll cage down to Oman is faily expensive, are there any alternative that i might get the materials here and weld it?
Mr_Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #14743
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Is a S14 Navan front bumper Urethane or Fiberglass?
Oem navan? Urethane probably. Def not fiberglass
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #14744
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
When I get time to throw my 5 lug hubs on I wanna tuck my set of xt7's, the specs on them are:

F: 18x8.5 +32
Tires: 215/35/18

R: 18x9.5 +38
Tires: 225/40/18

My s14 is currently on PBM Comps maxed out with all collars, with those specs and I tuck them?

Last edited by O$mo; 09-02-2013 at 08:04 PM..
O$mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #14745
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Oem navan? Urethane probably. Def not fiberglass
yes the oem navan
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #14746
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Flamenco View Post
guys,, I am at the out looking for a roll cage,

what roll cage should i be getting? any advice on materials? design? welding type. anything that can help me,
shipping a roll cage down to Oman is faily expensive, are there any alternative that i might get the materials here and weld it?

For safety reasons Dont go bolt in. You would need a shop to bend the piping if you go with the dimensions. If you are good with CAD you can probably make the design and have a shop do all the bending and ship the pieces for you to weld, or bring to a local shop for welding
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #14747
Mr_Flamenco

Mr_Flamenco is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for taking time and replying me,

what I am wondering is what type of material is good for competition level roll cage
is there a specific type of welding need to be done to the rollcage?

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwire View Post
For safety reasons Dont go bolt in. You would need a shop to bend the piping if you go with the dimensions. If you are good with CAD you can probably make the design and have a shop do all the bending and ship the pieces for you to weld, or bring to a local shop for welding
Mr_Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #14748
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i wanna get some polk audio db651's for my hatch and was wondering if i need anything else besides the adapter plate? also, can i fit 6.5's in the rears?
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #14749
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
S15 sr20det power steering belt part number?
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #14750
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
i wanna get some polk audio db651's for my hatch and was wondering if i need anything else besides the adapter plate? also, can i fit 6.5's in the rears?
you only need the adapters to run 6.5's in the doors, depending what you want sound quality wise, however, should run new wires as well. Otherwise it's a pretty simple install. And for your second question, 6.5's won't fit in the stock rear location without modding
Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #14751
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo1222 View Post
you only need the adapters to run 6.5's in the doors, depending what you want sound quality wise, however, should run new wires as well. Otherwise it's a pretty simple install. And for your second question, 6.5's won't fit in the stock rear location without modding
cool thanks!
juhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #14752
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Flamenco View Post
Thank you for taking time and replying me,

what I am wondering is what type of material is good for competition level roll cage
is there a specific type of welding need to be done to the rollcage?

Thank you
Formula Drift Roll Cage rules - Yahoo! Search Results

Scroll down to 2012 rules

This may be a little more than you were looking for, but I believe it will comply with most international sanctioning bodies as well since it is modeled after D1 Japan, and SCCA
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #14753
USAFs13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
USAFs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
s14 blitz exhaust

Anyone have any info on the Blitz Nur Spec RX? Checked a few video clips but they were all s15's and a 180sx i believe. Trying to decide between that and the Nur Spec R.

http://www.tf-works.com/products/Bli...R20DET%29.html

Last edited by USAFs13; 09-04-2013 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: added link
USAFs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #14754
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFs13 View Post
Anyone have any info on the Blitz Nur Spec RX? Checked a few video clips but they were all s15's and a 180sx i believe. Trying to decide between that and the Nur Spec R.

Blitz NUR-SPEC RX Exhaust (S14 SR20DET) - Touge Factory Store
Same exhaust. The RX is just for where you can't have a removable silencer.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #14755
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Been wanting to wrap my s14 headliner so it's black.

Anyone know of a black fabric that is similar to the OEM headliner? Haven't seen anything at any fabric shops. Also is it possible to remove the old fabric or do people normally just use spray adhesive and lay the new fabric over the old stuff?
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #14756
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Anyone know any details about the back lit Japanese license plates? I have read where they are for semi trucks, and somewhere said they were for government use only. I recently got two in a trade with some other parts and I just want some more info please.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #14757
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Is it normal to have some play in the wheel bearings?

My rear passenger side wheel has some play in it. I removed wheel and rotor and inspected it and it looks normal. But wen the wheel is on i get about 1/8'' play

*it feels normal while driving, and no kind of weird noises come from the wheel
Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #14758
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
Is it normal to have some play in the wheel bearings?

My rear passenger side wheel has some play in it. I removed wheel and rotor and inspected it and it looks normal. But wen the wheel is on i get about 1/8'' play

*it feels normal while driving, and no kind of weird noises come from the wheel
Check suspension? If your wheel bearing is fine, you might get that "play" from loose suspension.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #14759
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Check suspension? If your wheel bearing is fine, you might get that "play" from loose suspension.
I Checked. All bushings look good. Its definitely the bearing.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #14760
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Anyone know any details about the back lit Japanese license plates? I have read where they are for semi trucks, and somewhere said they were for government use only. I recently got two in a trade with some other parts and I just want some more info please.
It's a vanity plate. Anyone can get a "jiko-shiki" (字光式).