Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #12361
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrinBingaman View Post
While very promissing, this is car #10 and even the article admits it could be a ringer.

That's 60hp more than advertised crank, which is huge obviously.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #12362
Corbic
Post Whore!

FCA gonna FCA

Also, I love how in sync the News Entertainment Industrial Complex is. Every single article about the 2020 Titan is the same headline and talking points.

MOAR POWWAAA

Fucking 10hp thanks to premium tune.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #12363
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
it just needs some yellow bumper guards
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #12364
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I actually think the Titan refresh is a HUGE improvement. I just don’t think it’s relevant any more. I felt like there was a time when the Tundra and the Titan came out they were both relatively competitive Japanese full size trucks. Now the Tundra seems like an also ran and the Titan doesn’t even get a mention.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #12365
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Just have no intrested in a Japanese company tryn to make a hd truck to compete with american hd trucks. Not to mention it has a cummins...... atleast run ur own motor
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #12366
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Just have no intrested in a Japanese company tryn to make a hd truck to compete with american hd trucks. Not to mention it has a cummins...... atleast run ur own motor
Nissan didn't make an HD, they made an XD.

The XD is the answer to a question no one asked, basically an uprated 1500.

1500 already does everything the suburban dwelling layman needs. Fuck, most can tow over 10k these days. Not saying you should, but they can. So for that once a year trailer, boat, car tow, it's a sinch.

HD2500/3500 are still very much needed if you are doing truck shit for a living and thr XD won't cut it.

Cummins is certianly the industry leader in medium duty diesel engines. The 6BT remains a bastion of performance, reliability, power and simplicity. Mind you, the 6BT is HUGE in industry equipment, agriculture and ultities. Plenty of stuff bolts to them like Eaton Fuller transmissions ect.

It's a no brainer to use Cummins. Problem is Nissan went with thr unproven Cummins 5.0 V8 originally intended for the Toyota Tundra HD that never happened after the 2007 Tundra sales flop.

The V8 is OHC and like the XD a "tweener" engine, neither a small light duty 4-banger, nor a powerful medium duty. It's also not in every Ford, Chevy or Dodge so it's not building a fan base.

Cummins Diesel Titan is dead for 2020.

As for using an outside engine, GM used a Detroit Desiel doe decades (6.2/6.5), Ford used thr legendary 7.3 International and its when Ford got involved with designs that the Power Stroke line went to shit, 6.2 and 6.4. 6.7 is a POS as well I hear.

Dodge obviously took the win by parternering with Cummins back in the 80's.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #12367
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I actually think the Titan refresh is a HUGE improvement. I just don’t think it’s relevant any more. I felt like there was a time when the Tundra and the Titan came out they were both relatively competitive Japanese full size trucks. Now the Tundra seems like an also ran and the Titan doesn’t even get a mention.
It looks like a 10 year old Ford....

Tundra looks hot. Interior is garbage. Just took a new one out, Jesus H Christ. 3 Gen Ram is better built inside. Holly creaking plastics, steering wheel had a hard plastic seam.

Resale is insane despite low teen gas mileage, sub 400hp V8, shitty open c frame rails, no locking or lsd differential options.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #12368
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Nissan didn't make an HD, they made an XD.

The XD is the answer to a question no one asked, basically an uprated 1500.

1500 already does everything the suburban dwelling layman needs. Fuck, most can tow over 10k these days. Not saying you should, but they can. So for that once a year trailer, boat, car tow, it's a sinch.

HD2500/3500 are still very much needed if you are doing truck shit for a living and thr XD won't cut it.

Cummins is certianly the industry leader in medium duty diesel engines. The 6BT remains a bastion of performance, reliability, power and simplicity. Mind you, the 6BT is HUGE in industry equipment, agriculture and ultities. Plenty of stuff bolts to them like Eaton Fuller transmissions ect.

It's a no brainer to use Cummins. Problem is Nissan went with thr unproven Cummins 5.0 V8 originally intended for the Toyota Tundra HD that never happened after the 2007 Tundra sales flop.

The V8 is OHC and like the XD a "tweener" engine, neither a small light duty 4-banger, nor a powerful medium duty. It's also not in every Ford, Chevy or Dodge so it's not building a fan base.

Cummins Diesel Titan is dead for 2020.

As for using an outside engine, GM used a Detroit Desiel doe decades (6.2/6.5), Ford used thr legendary 7.3 International and its when Ford got involved with designs that the Power Stroke line went to shit, 6.2 and 6.4. 6.7 is a POS as well I hear.

Dodge obviously took the win by parternering with Cummins back in the 80's.

Thank you for the full explanation to my shitty attempt of paraphrasing (short and simple) statement
Old 10-24-2019, 07:10 PM   #12369
S14rebuild
BANNED

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/wo...s-4562721.html

Seems like nissans gonna cut the diesel titan....
Old 10-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #12370
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Well got a first hand look at the Supra in person. I gotta admit it looks much better in person.I dare to admit I actually like its looks in person. They also are having no problems selling them on limited numbers basis. My friend works at Manhattan Beach Toyota.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #12371
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
^
I saw the 3 in Detroit and they look great in person. Smaller than i expected (like I feel about S14’s).

I like the supras. I have no problem saying it.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:56 PM   #12372
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
^
I saw the 3 in Detroit and they look great in person. Smaller than i expected (like I feel about S14’s).

Ya Shity slimy Photobucket is lowering the resolution my pics because they want me to pay.
Ya I got the wow its small reaction as well though I felt S13. Now I want to drive one see how it drives. I might be able to talk my friend into a test drive. They also had a Hakasone Green with tan and black limited edition FT86. It did look nice as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #12373
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
^

I've seen a few, it'd say it's closer in size to a SLK or Z4.....
Old 10-25-2019, 05:41 AM   #12374
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I've seen a few, it'd say it's closer in size to a SLK or Z4.....
No I mean in my head s14’s seem bigger the they are. When I seen them in person I’m reminded they are pretty small. Especially by modern car standards.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #12375
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i just cant into s14s... to me the proportions of the car have always felt off. Nissan fixed them when they made the S15. like the car got a little fuller looking, more along the lines of the S13 hatch.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #12376
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i just cant into s14s... to me the proportions of the car have always felt off. Nissan fixed them when they made the S15. like the car got a little fuller looking, more along the lines of the S13 hatch.
I can give it take it. Don’t prefer it to the 13 or 15. It’s a little hot dog looking. Although I remember drooling over them in the ads in MT back in the 90’s.

In other, least surprising news of the week. Q70 is dead.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/25/...lled-for-2020/
Old 10-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #12377
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

And in totally SURPRISING news, new Z is coming next year!! What!? Could be the 400z.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/next...ing-2020-400z/

I’d prefer it to be the TT 3.0 rather than a NA 4.0.

We’ll see.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #12378
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
And in totally SURPRISING news, new Z is coming next year!! What!? Could be the 400z.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/next...ing-2020-400z/

I’d prefer it to be the TT 3.0 rather than a NA 4.0.

We’ll see.
Frontier Engine [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Old 10-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #12379
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
skeptical on all fronts:
1) that it'll be a Z
2) that it'll come in 2020
3) rwd?
4) electric?
5) manual?

If its just a nissan badged Q60 or something, then it doesn't do much for me
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #12380
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
skeptical on all fronts:
1) that it'll be a Z
2) that it'll come in 2020
3) rwd?
4) electric?
5) manual?

If its just a nissan badged Q60 or something, then it doesn't do much for me
I feel like it’s definitely going to be a rebadged Q60 coupe, which I agree is unfortunate. Although I think if they didn’t go that route, the Z is dead dead.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #12381
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I feel like it’s definitely going to be a rebadged Q60 coupe, which I agree is unfortunate. Although I think if they didn’t go that route, the Z is dead dead.
Yeah, the 370 and Frontier are the oldest cars on dealer lots.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #12382
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those 'coupe' crossovers
Old 10-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #12383
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
The z34 is dated as hell and has its issues, but i think it was SavageGeese (Youtube car reviews) that pointed out . . . how many RWD, manual transmission cars can you even buy new anymore? Look around and . . . yeah, thats a good point

Now, $30+K for a new Z34 is ridiculous when you can pay half that for a used one that is 95% the same.

They've been lazy AF with that chassis
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:47 PM   #12384
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The z34 is dated as hell and has its issues, but i think it was SavageGeese (Youtube car reviews) that pointed out . . . how many RWD, manual transmission cars can you even buy new anymore?
A fuck ton?

Mustang
Camaro
Challenger
Miata
A dozen BMWs
A few Cadillacs
Frzb86
Porsches

Basically as many as you could 10, 15, fuck 20 years ago. Only we now have super amazing automatics and DCTs that are nearly as enjoyable.

The Pony Cars are all full on sports cars these days so you can't cry about that.

Quote:
Look around and . . . yeah, thats a good point

Now, $30+K for a new Z34 is ridiculous when you can pay half that for a used one that is 95% the same.

They've been lazy AF with that chassis
Nissan has no money, they've been lazy as fuck on many things.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #12385
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Real talk: if the curb weight is over 3500lbs for a 2-door, it's not a sports car.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #12386
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Real talk: if the curb weight is over 3500lbs for a 2-door, it's not a sports car.
Realtalk: if it has a roof it's not a sports car....
Old 10-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #12387
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah cars like GTRs, Vettes and 911’s are sports cars.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #12388
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

How times have changed in that enthusiasts are much more forgiving of weight today. 10-20 years ago anything over 3,500 lbs would have scared more people away. Today it's closer to the norm that a faster car is well over that weight.

Last 3 cars I got well definitely over 3,500 lbs and no regrets whatsoever. My favorite car ever that I've owned is 3,800 lbs. But yeah I'd also like another miata some day again. It's a different driving experience and such a wonderful daily driver.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #12389
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeah cars like GTRs, Vettes and 911’s are sports cars.
Ehhhhh... I mean, they can keep up with and are often times faster than sports cars, but their weight and intended purpose is much more GT than sports car.

It's all semantics. There isn't really a set-in-stone definition and that irks me greatly. At least the Challenger doesn't fit into the standard description- nowhere do I see "lardy," "barcalounger on wheels," or "rapidly replacing Ed Hardy as the 40-something cop's weekend getup."
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #12390
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Ehhhhh... I mean, they can keep up with and are often times faster than sports cars, but their weight and intended purpose is much more GT than sports car.

It's all semantics. There isn't really a set-in-stone definition and that irks me greatly. At least the Challenger doesn't fit into the standard description- nowhere do I see "lardy," "barcalounger on wheels," or "rapidly replacing Ed Hardy as the 40-something cop's weekend getup."
And yet that land yatch can boogie. Don't believe the Meme's bruh.

Narrow body HC did 7.51 on the 'Ring. The cars can move. They were not built for it, but they can.