Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #10081
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When is the BIG S Chassis Meet in Socal? I don't wanna miss it
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #10082
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnadeau73 View Post
A stock 180sx, fuel pump would work great (It's possible the 240sx fuel pump remains in the vehicle). However, if in the future the plan is to increase the power of the vehicle and since a fuel pump purchase is recommended, it saves time and money by just buying the aftermarket up front.
So if it is completely stock and he is saying an aftermarket fuel pump is recommended for a stock setup, that doesnt necessarily mean a fuel problem? So he is just saying it to help fuel flow instead of a potential problem?
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #10083
Prophet513
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Prophet513 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a 91 240sx with a ka24de..

is it obd1?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #10084
Pandaaaa
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Pandaaaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Is there a way to get to the bolts connecting the fender to the bumper easier or no
Pandaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #10085
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaaaa View Post
Is there a way to get to the bolts connecting the fender to the bumper easier or no
Turning of the wheel usually does the trick. Otherwise you'll have to take the wheel off.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #10086
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I just replaced a friends fuel pump with a brand new airtex. Worked fine for a couple weeks then just stopped working out of the blue.

What could be the prob?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #10087
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Check the wiring to it. On the pump housing itself , could have came lOse... Also did he run in on empty? Fuel pumps get cooled when there is gas if your always running super low it cause the pump to run hotter
Old 03-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #10088
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet513 View Post

is it obd1?

Yes.............
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #10089
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
Check the wiring to it. On the pump housing itself , could have came lOse... Also did he run in on empty? Fuel pumps get cooled when there is gas if your always running super low it cause the pump to run hotter
No she has had at least a 1/4 since me changing the pump. i thought of that.

Ill pull it and check the connections, havent even fiddled with it yet just thought i would throw it out there. I mean its by all means possible that the butt connector they gave me came off or something stupid.

But I got in the car today and drove around the block to diagnose, and no probs. then got back to the huse and it wouldnt restart and no fuel coming out of the feed line.

Clogged filter would have to be IMMENSLY clogged right?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #10090
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Did you try jumping the EGI pump relay to see if the pump kicks on? Could be the ECU signal to the relay not sending a signal. Never heard of a filter being so clogged no fuel gets through.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #10091
bkt808
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
bkt808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Did you try jumping the EGI pump relay to see if the pump kicks on? Could be the ECU signal to the relay not sending a signal. Never heard of a filter being so clogged no fuel gets through.
you'd be surprised, had one that looked like mud was coming out when i took it off
bkt808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #10092
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
No she has had at least a 1/4 since me changing the pump. i thought of that.

Ill pull it and check the connections, havent even fiddled with it yet just thought i would throw it out there. I mean its by all means possible that the butt connector they gave me came off or something stupid.

But I got in the car today and drove around the block to diagnose, and no probs. then got back to the huse and it wouldnt restart and no fuel coming out of the feed line.

Clogged filter would have to be IMMENSLY clogged right?
Check the fuse yet? Had a friend of mine that kept popping his fuse because the wires kept coming undone in the tank and making contact.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #10093
Whoopsshtt
Leaky Injector

Whoopsshtt is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so my temp guage was working on my 92 sr swapped hatch n I took everything out like dash n guage cluster now temp guage doesn't work any ideas?
Whoopsshtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #10094
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsshtt View Post
Ok so my temp guage was working on my 92 sr swapped hatch n I took everything out like dash n guage cluster now temp guage doesn't work any ideas?
why did you need to take it out?
the stock temp gauge sucks anyways, so there isnt really a need for it other than all gauges working
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #10095
Prophet513
Leaky Injector

Prophet513 is an unknown quantity at this point
Could I possibly use a 3" high flow cat with a 2.5" exhaust?

might have trouble with flanges but I dunno if there's any way around any of this or if I have to get a 2.5" cat....which costs twice as much...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #10096
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Where can I get OEM studs for my SR turbo manifold?
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #10097
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:

is it obd1?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaaaa View Post
Turn the wheel or take wheel off

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I just replaced a friends fuel pump with a brand new airtex. Worked fine for a couple weeks then just stopped working out of the blue.

What could be the prob?
Is it even priming? As said above, check to make sure the EGI relay works (which is often a burnt circuit in the ECU btw...not a biggy, it's a common failure, but a mess up nontheless).

Quote:
Could I possibly use a 3" high flow cat with a 2.5" exhaust?

might have trouble with flanges but I dunno if there's any way around any of this or if I have to get a 2.5" cat....which costs twice as much...
You can, but will need to neck down the flanges to work. Less hassel to just get the 2.5 cat, or go 3" full exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
Where can I get OEM studs for my SR turbo manifold?
1996 Nissan 300zx for all turbo manifold hardware, and turbine outlet hardware. 1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R for the head to manifold studs/yolks/nuts.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #10098
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Quick question about buying from a dealer.

I'm thinking of going to look at a 96 SE later this week, is $5600 too high for 115k miles?

Not sure about accident history, haven't done a carfax yet.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #10099
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends on the condition and how well it was maintained. Try and get them to compression check and check for rust. And get a carfax for it. Do you think it is worth $5600?
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #10100
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm199 View Post
Depends on the condition and how well it was maintained. Try and get them to compression check and check for rust. And get a carfax for it. Do you think it is worth $5600?
I will get a carfax (should I ask them to provide it?)

I think this place might be one of those consignment type dealers. The guy on the phone said something about "he might let it go for less".

I bought my last 240 for $4500, it was from a guy on here and it had an SR already.

This is the link to the car, these pics will say more about condition than I can:

Cars for Sale: 1996 Nissan 240SX SE in Alabaster, AL 35007: Coupe Details - 313322074 - AutoTrader.com

This will not be a daily driver, if engine is on it's last legs it will be ok. I'm looking for a toy/weekend car right now.

Thx for the reply
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #10101
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
The windshield says $4900....
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #10102
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
The windshield says $4900....
Yea I know, ad says 5600 though. I wasn't sure what that chalk stuff on window is about, could it be an auction price and they are flipping it or something?

Should I just offer $4900 cash out the door?

*edit* Also trying to figure out if this has LSD/ABS. From what I've read either look for an LSD sticker on the diff or raise the rear and spin the wheels?

What about ABS how do I check for that? *edit again* Found this: http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/312526...abs-s14-3.html

So if the MC has 2 lines coming out it is an ABS and if it has 3 it is non-ABS? Is this correct?

Found this one on craigslist: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2911053873.html Not sure if I want another person's project, this one doesn't look bad. Thoughts?

Last edited by Grendel; 03-20-2012 at 01:57 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #10103
89SwapXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
89SwapXE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
vlsd

is this normal for the vlsd shaft to be like this?
not my video but same thing with my vlsd.

Is this normal? - YouTube
89SwapXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #10104
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Would this be worth trying to fix, or rather just replace it with a new hood? I don't know too much about body work, I just figured it'd be better to replace it with a new hood but just wanted some opinions. I'm sure just putting a bunch of filler in there and sanding it smooth would be kinda shitty yeah?

daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #10105
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hammer it out with with a body hammer sand it down and respray it, worst case scenario looks like shit and someOne else will buy it, why not if your other option is getting another hood, atleast you get some experience out of it...
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #10106
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if the SR fan shroud will work with the KA clutch fan?

My electric fan just gave out on me and I kinda want to go back to the stock fan setup.

frsport.com has the SR shroud but not a KA one.

They sell the SR one for like $80ish, but on Courtesy Parts a KA shroud is over $150!

Last edited by slydin240sx; 03-20-2012 at 07:50 PM..
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #10107
arj

arj is an unknown quantity at this point
i just replaced my transmission rear seal, after 6 months its leaking again what could be the problem? TIA.
arj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #10108
NAVY-ET
Zilvia Member

NAVY-ET is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by arj View Post
i just replaced my transmission rear seal, after 6 months its leaking again what could be the problem? TIA.

Seal was installed crooked, or rear output shaft bearing is bad, or driveshaft is out of ballance, its gotta be one of the three
NAVY-ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #10109
arj

arj is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY-ET View Post
Seal was installed crooked, or rear output shaft bearing is bad, or driveshaft is out of ballance, its gotta be one of the three
thanks for fast reply! is it hard to replace the rear output shaft? im sure its not crooked. but i know my carrier bearinf is bad.
arj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #10110
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by arj View Post
thanks for fast reply! is it hard to replace the rear output shaft? im sure its not crooked. but i know my carrier bearinf is bad.
its a lot of annoying work
not all that difficult if you've had experience, assuming you have since you replaced the seal