Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #61
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
How do yall play? I am a high elf and mostly using destruction magic but I am starting to use a bow now, long distance sneak bow attack. I think I'm like a 47 in destruction right now. Ice and lighting dual wield ftw.
mainly sword and shield, lvl 63 one handed and like 42 block ? i dabble with novice destruction magic to lvl, same with archery and sneaking :3
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #62
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just copped this, any strong advice for someone just starting off?

I think I restarted Fallout 3 a few times because I wasn't satisfied with some early decisions I made.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #63
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
The UI system makes this game almost not worth it to get for the PC. I don't know how the save data works for the PS3/360, but how it works for the PC is pretty much bullshit. This is a game you are going to go through multiple times, with different characters, but yet all the save data goes into one big folder with no organization. Character save files would of almost made up for the UI system.

The fact that this game scores 9/10 in most review sites is just retarded. Honestly this game is more of a humble 7.5/10. Its mostly the Fallout 3 style gameplay that is holding it back for me. I would rate it lower if it didn't look really good, and tell a good story. If the story wasn't interesting I wouldn't even bother.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #64
tgd89
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tgd89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's a save manager mod somewhere I think, and the UI's fine in my opinion; oblivion's was a mess. Besides the quick kill thing, the gameplay seems more cleaned up, everything is there but less clunky.
tgd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 AM   #65
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
I'm only about 4 hours in and totally hooked, would still be on it if the wife didn't kick me off. Killed my first dragon!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #66
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
irax, purely this game deserves a high rating compared to COD MW3 which is the same shit as the older games/and that game menu is simplistic as hell/shitty outdated lol.

You get used to it.. I always press F5 every now and than to quick save.

Want to change your characters appearance? open up console ~ , and type "show racemenu" or "show race menu" whichever one it was. Though I don't remember if finishing changes will delete your stats (in oblivion, I would just make the changes, and instead of clicking done, id open up console than tab to menu, save, than load up that save, this avoids the stat delete while changing the character).

Wait til the modding community blows up, oblivion is still pretty cool after mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFJ6zO8nHg&fs=1" width="644" height="390">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFJ6zO8nHg&fs=1" />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFJ6zO8nHg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFJ6zO8nHg
Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #67
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
ahhh, so sick of being in this army training, got to play it a little on the 13th though.
wood elf, mostly bow + sneak, lots of 1 shot kills.
can't wait till i go on some leave during december
Old 11-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #68
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Anyone get the book that raises your main stats by 5 each? I hope there are more like it. Anyway, found another Shout location.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #69
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
LvL 10 Nord, dual wielding steel axes.... So many critical hits... Love this game
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #70
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Hmmm, maybe I should try dual wielding axes sometime. Right now rocking either fire/frost in the lefty and an axe in the right has been working well for me.

I just enrolled in the Winterhold college, hoping my magicka gets nice boost and score some nice weaponry later on.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #71
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I usually dual wield one handed weapons. Right now I have a sword that absorbs 10 stamina and 10 HP per hit and an axe that absorbs 15 magika per hit. Nice.

Tip: I would encourage all of you to find a companion to travel with you. Not so much for their support in battle, but to carry your loot. Those dragon scales/bones really add on the weight.
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #72
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Why is it that you guys decide to go magicka+one hand? Seems like it'd make more sense to go one or the other, that way you're not having to split your points between different areas.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #73
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Good idea. What're dragon scales and bones good for anyways?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #74
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
Why is it that you guys decide to go magicka+one hand? Seems like it'd make more sense to go one or the other, that way you're not having to split your points between different areas.

My magicka by itself isn't very strong yet, so I use that for a mid-range attack to soften their defense (fire makes the enemy more take more physical damage), then when they come close I continue the magicka barrage and smash 'em with an axe.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #75
zo0d
Zilvia Member

They are used to forge dragon armor. You need to have Smithing at 100 though.

It looks badass!

An easy way to get Smithing to 100 is to buy/find as much leather strips and iron ignants as you can and build iron daggers. It only requires one of each. If you decide to buy all of it, it ends up costing you about 6-8k.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #76
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Noob question, where do you do smithing at? Haven't come accross that yet.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #77
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Noob question, where do you do smithing at? Haven't come accross that yet.
its at any weapons shop outside
Old 11-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #78
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
It's not really splitting unless you are counting the perks. I use double hand magic mostly but sometimes its nice to be able to block and attack and use the sword while the magic recharges.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #79
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
In case anyone missed it for the glorious PC master race, if you have more than 2gb of ram that is.
If you play Skyrim and have more than 2gb of RAM, read-me. - UO Community Forum

yes GLORIOUS PC Master race! Who the fuck only has 2gb anyways? Run 16 because racecar!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #80
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
fire in off hand and whatever good 1hander you can find decimates humanoids n animals. this game has taken over my life. i already have 3 alt chars in mind to re-roll once i get really deep into this char.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #81
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

greybeards or blades !?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #82
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Just completed the main quest-line last night and I'm really disappointed with the ending.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #83
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
edit nevermind!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #84
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Just completed the main quest-line last night and I'm really disappointed with the ending.
Thankfully I wont be doing that for some time. I am like 10 hours into the game and I havent even returned the dragonreach stone to that guy yet.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #85
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
anyone have a sweet hp potion ingredient they like to share?

all i know is to make wheat+ blisterwort.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #86
HyperTek
Post Whore!

use restoration magic instead =)
Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #87
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Dual casting healing heals me up quite quickly.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #88
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Alchemy (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki
Old 11-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #89
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo0d View Post
An easy way to get Smithing to 100 is to buy/find as much leather strips and iron ignants as you can and build iron daggers. It only requires one of each. If you decide to buy all of it, it ends up costing you about 6-8k.
Do this plus enchant the daggers with cheap soulgems.
You'll level up really quickly, and you can sell those daggers for over 400 each.
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #90
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Resto is nice but I hate having to switch back and forth during combat. I'm still looking for a better healing spell too, all I have is healing and fast healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Do this plus enchant the daggers with cheap soulgems.
You'll level up really quickly, and you can sell those daggers for over 400 each.
Yep. Buy up every single empty petty soul gem you find on vendors, and obviously pick up all the ones you can. I have like 40+ gems in my inventory that I'm saving to enchant items with just to sell. Shame it's going to be a pain to sell it all. I noticed the other night that for some reason, my grand and black soul gems were being filled with low level souls. Lame.

Anyone know any tricks to leveling speech? I'm at the point where the trainer wants 1800g for just one level.

Quote: