Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #781
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice truck, blue is best color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #782
idlebad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
idlebad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Going to pick something up tomorrow!!

Oh you big tease[emoji12]
idlebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:07 PM   #783
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Nice truck, blue is best color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this was a co workers not mine. was a pretty nice truck really comfortable and peppy being a V6 turbo.

I love the color as well.

Well... After a 15 hour round trip the GTR is finally back in my possession!!

So hard to believe it's in my garage right now.

When owning it in Japan I never really felt as if I truly owned it since if I had to leave earlier than expected I would not be able to bring it back and have to sell.

Well now it's truly mine.
Never thought I would own a Skyline or a GTR for that matter.

Such a stressful and scary journey.
Started off with not being able to correctly strapping the GTR down due to the front lip.

Luckily I brought tie downs and locked it down enough to get to lowes and get some wood to raise the front wheels enough for the lip to clear the wheel stops. Still wasn't enough but found some discarded old carpet in the parking lot to add more height hahah.

Then turns out the trailer connector on the truck didn't work. Spent $50 on aux towing lights thinking the trailers lights were inop. So that was a waste.
So started getting dark and still haven't left Baltimore yet so ventured home with just the trucks hazard lights flashing and no trailer lights at all on a grid lock interstate in the dark.

This was my side view mirror shot after traffic cleared out. Hope the the GTR still on the trailer...

So scared someone was gonna rear end me or I was gonna side swipe someone during it.
Luckily I made it home safe and sound.

All my stuff from japan has arrived today so I can start putting parts back on it now!!

I guess for you guys that are more into the IG stuff I have an account now.

Its "Nismo_Junky" so look me up if you want
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:12 PM   #784
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations on finally getting her home, glad you are home safe!

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #785
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice car fam, I had to move without any trailer lights this summer and it was not fun. Plus my damn base model truck wouldn't let me tow in 5th gear, so it was fun driving 50mph for like 11 hours.

Since your stateside now does that mean you're out of the military? What's it like moving after being in nippon for so long? Do you and your wife just pack up your favorite small items in suitcases and sell like everything else? Probably have to fill out paperwork and stuff for your wife too huh, all that stuffs was probably pretty tiresome.

Also next project should be to build a big climate controlled garage for all these nice cars . You probably could have payed for a garage just selling a bunch of Up Garage parts in the for sale section when you got stateside haha.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #786
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontananissan View Post
Congratulations on finally getting her home, glad you are home safe!

Domo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Nice car fam, I had to move without any trailer lights this summer and it was not fun. Plus my damn base model truck wouldn't let me tow in 5th gear, so it was fun driving 50mph for like 11 hours.

Since your stateside now does that mean you're out of the military? What's it like moving after being in nippon for so long? Do you and your wife just pack up your favorite small items in suitcases and sell like everything else? Probably have to fill out paperwork and stuff for your wife too huh, all that stuffs was probably pretty tiresome.

Also next project should be to build a big climate controlled garage for all these nice cars . You probably could have payed for a garage just selling a bunch of Up Garage parts in the for sale section when you got stateside haha.
Yeah def scary as hell.

Nah im still in the military just station up in NC now. Japan was only a 4 year tour.

yeah we just packed up necessities that we'll need to survive for a few months.

Only stuff we'll see is crap we don't really need or wanna deal with packing up. Everything else get pack up by a moving company and is delivered to our next house.

Nah wife has a green card, we got that 6 years ago so she just comes though like normal.

haha if I had the money id totally do it. sadly I did really bring any parts over to sell. If I did they would be stupid little things.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 11-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #787
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice, welcome back! Not too far from me here in VA.
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:56 AM   #788
idlebad
Leaky Injector

Congrats on getting your car home man. I can definitely tell you are excited and a little bit relieved![emoji28]
Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #789
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the US pimp.
You too Sileighty_85......lol
Old 11-26-2016, 08:23 AM   #790
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Nice, welcome back! Not too far from me here in VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlebad View Post
Congrats on getting your car home man. I can definitely tell you are excited and a little bit relieved![emoji28]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Welcome to the US pimp.
You too Sileighty_85......lol
Thanks guys, so very excited. Need to get it registered so i can drive it around.

Ive driven it around a little bit and must say its not that awkward to drive it around, I dont know if its just cuz ive been driving RHD for a while and then switching back recently. Only issue im kinda having is drifting towards the center line lol

Finally got my all the stuff from Japan. Turned my 2 car garage into a no car garage... :/

Well Shit...

RB26 Arrived safely though as well as my rear quarter panels

After moving parts around to the attic Ive cleared up working space for the GTR

Finally got a tool box after 12 years of needing one

Last time having to install suspension on the GTR! No more JCI's!!

Installed the Splitfire ignitor holder. It kinda cool but i do like the OEM look from the center cover but sadly its not good for the coilpacks

Need to dig through the boxes to find all my other parts to install lol
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 11-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #791
idlebad
Leaky Injector

Project BNR32

Having a good sized tool box like that makes all the difference. I finally got one this year myself. All you need now are some shelves and maybe a tire rack and you will be organized in no time.[emoji41]
Old 11-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #792
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Having a good sized tool box like that makes all the difference. I finally got one this year myself. All you need now are some shelves and maybe a tire rack and you will be organized in no time.[emoji41]
yeah it does, not having to rummage through a bag frees up so much time now.

yeah once i get settled in more Im gonna build some shelves.

Got the Do-Luck G-Sensor installed and the Recaro SR-3's!
I was worried the SR-3 wouldnt loo good but I think they flow well with the interior.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 12-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #793
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

When you are all by yourself but need to put an engine on s stand.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 12-05-2016, 07:53 AM   #794
idlebad
Leaky Injector

Is this the RB from your s14?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #795
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Let me ask. What is better. Japan or America. No sentimental reasons. Just basic living and enjoyment etc.

Also, how do you like the do luck? Very noticeable difference? Looks pretty easy to hook up?

Riding the center line is the hardest part of RHD. Just have to look at the outside line lol. Makes passengers scared as hell when you first start driving lol.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:20 AM   #796
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Is this the RB from your s14?

Nah this is the 26 Ive been building for the last 4 years (sadly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
Let me ask. What is better. Japan or America. No sentimental reasons. Just basic living and enjoyment etc.

Also, how do you like the do luck? Very noticeable difference? Looks pretty easy to hook up?

Riding the center line is the hardest part of RHD. Just have to look at the outside line lol. Makes passengers scared as hell when you first start driving lol.

Thats a tough question. Theres a lot of give and take between both.

I really love Japan for the Culture/traditions, people, sights, food and cars.

Some cons would be depending on where you are living, nothing is really open late and the Japanese have a lot of holidays and normally when I really need something its a holiday.

Owning a car can be expensive and a hassle due to having to JCI (inspect) a car every 2 years

I was kinda scared to come back to the US after watching all the shit that's been happening in the last couple of years.

Being primarily Military we were restricted a lot so I don't get the full Japan immersion, there are some political things that are kinda stupid compared to the US. Language barrier make is difficult as well, I know a good bit of Japanese to live but certain circumstances mess me up.
But there are a lot of cool things Japan offers that can make your way of life better.

I felt really comfortable in Japan, If I was a civilian and didn't have to really work I'd live in Japan.

Havent driven it enough to warrant the ATTESA to kick in a lot and its been over a year since I've driven it. but seems to work really well thus far.
Yeah super easy, pretty much plug and play, just need to use the base plate from the stock G Sensor.

haha yeah starting to get the hang of it now, I was really bad when I first started.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 12-24-2016, 08:37 PM   #797
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

So waiting on my AL plates to arrive. So i figured while I wait and it being the holidays Id put the GTR under the knife.

This is the first real engine upgrade for this car.

Decided to install the R34 turbos and elbows my buddy hooked me up with a while ago.

I have those Tomei manifolds I wanted to install but when looking them over I noticed the other manifold had some cracks on it..... I know one did and had a buddy weld it up but didnt know the other one was as well... :/ So will be using the stock manifolds for now

Whenever I work on my cars my daughter loves to help or she'll work on her vehicle haha

Popping her cherry

luckily im replacing the elbows, snapped these bitches right off

More fun, #2 cylinder nut was rusted, deteriorated and rounded, took almost 2 hours to get it off...

Both turbos off, ports cleaned, and new gaskets on. sure is nice having a mini Nissan parts warehouse lol

Wish I had a powerwasher to clean the block and engine bay right now :/

rear turbo is ready to go in, just need to adjust the HKS actuators

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 12-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #798
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
So waiting on my AL plates to arrive. So i figured while I wait and it being the holidays Id put the GTR under the knife.

This is the first real engine upgrade for this car.

Decided to install the R34 turbos and elbows my buddy hooked me up with a while ago.

I have those Tomei manifolds I wanted to install but when looking them over I noticed the other manifold had some cracks on it..... I know one did and had a buddy weld it up but didnt know the other one was as well... :/ So will be using the stock manifolds for now

Whenever I work on my cars my daughter loves to help or she'll work on her vehicle haha

Popping her cherry

luckily im replacing the elbows, snapped these bitches right off

More fun, #2 cylinder nut was rusted, deteriorated and rounded, took almost 2 hours to get it off...

Both turbos off, ports cleaned, and new gaskets on. sure is nice having a mini Nissan parts warehouse lol

Wish I had a powerwasher to clean the block and engine bay right now :/

rear turbo is ready to go in, just need to adjust the HKS actuators

sounds like you need to take a trip to harbor freight and get a cherry picker...

so what about the Japanese economy, social welfare system, and homeless population?

they are hard workers I know that, and this "me entitlement" crap the u.s. is pushing on their kids and making them more useless isn't over there? or is it??

also what about the gay culture? are men using women's bathrooms over there like here?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #799
idlebad
Leaky Injector

Glad that you're ripping into her while it's cold out so that she will be all ready for summer!
Old 12-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #800
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post

so what about the Japanese economy, social welfare system, and homeless population?

they are hard workers I know that, and this "me entitlement" crap the u.s. is pushing on their kids and making them more useless isn't over there? or is it??

also what about the gay culture? are men using women's bathrooms over there like here?

Interesting pivot.......
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #801
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
sounds like you need to take a trip to harbor freight and get a cherry picker...

I would if I had a truck, but need to make space in the garage to store one right now.

Lol getting a little off topic of now.

No idea on its current economical status, decent I'm guessing. Homeless ppl you don't see a whole lot of, it's illegal to give money to the homeless, government believes if they need help they should come to the gov for it.

Not really a problem with the self entitled kids over there, there are some but not like a US level. They know if they wanna get anywhere in life they need to work for it.

Japanese don't really deal with the cry baby BS like we have in the US, they are openly accepted there there are a good bit of transgender TV hosts that host big TV shows.
Not really sure what bathrooms they use since they are kinda hard to spot and not something the new shows follow or report on.

Japanese news is on a another level compared to US, 90% of the time they actually report real new from all over the world
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 12-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #802
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I think factory ported manifolds are best or if you can find some cheap N1 manifolds to make it a bolt on affair. From what I gather, Tomei manifolds are pretty bad at cracking. Probably one of the worst parts they make.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:06 PM   #803
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I think factory ported manifolds are best or if you can find some cheap N1 manifolds to make it a bolt on affair. From what I gather, Tomei manifolds are pretty bad at cracking. Probably one of the worst parts they make.

if i had a set of spare stockers I would have ported them a bit but im impatient lol

yeah ive seen that a lot with the Tomei manifolds, when I bought these off the auctions I thought they were HKS manifolds cuz on the flanges you see the HKS logo when they used the HKS Gaskets. The pics were shitty and i dont think they listed them as Tomei manifolds.

Oh well, it is what it is. if i cant find someone around here to weld, ill send it to my buddy in japan to weld the other one.

Well got the Turbos on, fired up and boostin. its running about 1.1 bar, little higher than I want, Id like .9 bar but need to adjust the actuators down a bit more I guess.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 01-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #804
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

GTR is finally street legal!!!!
Feels so goo to drive it again!

The R34 turbos feel awesome as well. Biggest thing I noticed and excited about is my Turbo shuffle is gone. It use to shuffle real bad when holding low boost with the gas pedal when any less than 3/4 throttle.

Took it up to Raleigh to the mall and got the perfect parking spot lol

Made a few kids day as well, stopped off and some stores and was approached by some younger kids that were in shock and awe seeing a R32 in person for the first time.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 01-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #805
idlebad
Leaky Injector

It's nice to see that you're going to drive this car too! Bama to Raleigh is a good distance!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:09 AM   #806
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Dig the Panas. Fits so well on the 32.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #807
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's nice to see that you're going to drive this car too! Bama to Raleigh is a good distance!

Hell yeah man, been DD'n it since I got plates. No point in owning a car if you aint gonna drive it. Local Skyline guys here were surprised as well that im DD'n it....why not? I had a way higher chance wrecking this In japan from gaijins being new to RHD and Japan. Just need make sure my defensive driving is on point lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Dig the Panas. Fits so well on the 32.

Domo, Yeah im loving them even more since I polished up the lips. So glad I kept these.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 02-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #808
lploutz23
Leaky Injector

lploutz23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome quality build! Just glanced through your whole build thread and love the direction you are going.

Been putting money away for some time, so I can bring an R33 GTR over in a couple of years.
lploutz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #809
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You're living a dream with this car let alone the others. Are you able line up your fleet in one pic?
Old 02-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #810
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Dom guys, takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice though.

I was waiting till the 4 Door got here but here's one in the mean time.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp