Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #781
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
IT'S FUCKING ALIVE!!!!

I love this car so much. When I started this (re)build I had a idea in my head about how everything would come together and this car honestly blew all my expectations out of the water.

The comp was really fun. Qualified 12th out of 30~ drivers. Lost to my good friend Joe Tardiff in the top 16 unfortunately. To many small mistakes. I really need a lot more seat time but for the first outing in the car I don't think I could come away to disappointed.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #782
dat925stunna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
dat925stunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Props man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heep S14
dat925stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #783
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 04-20-2014 at 02:26 PM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #784
lunarbomb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lunarbomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
congrats man! vid looks good considering all the major changes and the fact that you haven't driven for a minute. i can say with confidence that i would have smashed into every one of those inside clips. looked like a tough setup.
lunarbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #785
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarbomb View Post
congrats man! vid looks good considering all the major changes and the fact that you haven't driven for a minute. i can say with confidence that i would have smashed into every one of those inside clips. looked like a tough setup.
Yea the correct line (which I never found) took a lot of dedication. Big throttle off the bank. If you lift you would have to extend and it would really choke you at the first inside clip. I watched a lot of my footage and I know where I can improve next time. I just need to get comfortable with the new setup. The thought that was always in the back of my head was that I built this in my garage haha.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 04-21-2014 at 12:18 PM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #786
lunarbomb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lunarbomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looked pretty good to me man. do the boost series thing on the 27th. give me some tips and i can finally get that ride along.
lunarbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #787
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarbomb View Post
looked pretty good to me man. do the boost series thing on the 27th. give me some tips and i can finally get that ride along.
Possibly. Considering Vegas drift also that weekend. Come out this Wednesday!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #788
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Car looks mega rad in those shots man!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #789
d-man478
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn this thing is looking dope! Congrats on getting it finished and out to the track! I'm almost done with my LS build for this season, seeing this makes me even more excited!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #790
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Car looks mega rad in those shots man!
Thanks!! I'm super happy with it. It works just as good as it looks I just need to step my game up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man478
Damn this thing is looking dope! Congrats on getting it finished and out to the track! I'm almost done with my LS build for this season, seeing this makes me even more excited!
Get it done! I love this motor. I see the benefits of the now super popular JZ setup but the torque and reliability is amazing. I literally just checked the oil all day. Zero problems. I'll be drifting again this Wednesday night. SEAT TIME SEAT TIME SEAT TIME!!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #791
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Car looks amazing. So excited that you had a fun first day out (finally)!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #792
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Car looks amazing. So excited that you had a fun first day out (finally)!
Dude you have no idea. Once again I can't thank you enough for all your support with my project. The car had zero mechanical problems at the track and I definitely can't take the credit for that.

If you need anything for a car Jordan Innovations is the place to go.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #793
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

At 1:34 you can see my top 16 lead run which was probably my best run of the day. It was still not enough to overcome my lackluster chase run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SWokO0p6RI
Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #794
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick man!! car looks nice!!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #795
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
car looks great!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #796
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Here is another epic shot from ProAm

I also got to drive at Sonoma yesterday on the Summer Jam layout (turns 3, 3a, 4). Car felt great. Crazy fast, all 4th gear.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #797
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Here is another epic shot from ProAm
I don't think your car has enough steering lock...
Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #798
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
I don't think your car has enough steering lock...
I know right?! I need all that new PBM stuff for more lock haha
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM   #799
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
I know right?! I need all that new PBM stuff for more lock haha

1. Part out front suspension
2. Buy TDP kit
3. Profit

I kid, but I'm kinda serious

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #800
d-man478
Leaky Injector

d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you don't mind me asking, what size tires are you running?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #801
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
1. Part out front suspension
2. Buy TDP kit
3. Profit

I kid, but I'm kinda serious
You love that TDP stuff haha. If I was going to switch it would be to wisefab but I don't think I will. The car is together and driving and I just plan on destroying as many tires as I can and getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man478
If you don't mind me asking, what size tires are you running?
215/40/17 front and 265/35/18 rear
Old 04-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #802
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Working up a new lighting solution

Also I like to suntan at track days
Old 04-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #803
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Yes and YES hahaha

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #804
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Update(s)?
Following.
Def makes me want to get out there.
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #805
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:

This picture is so good. I love this paint and I normally despise green cars.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #806
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakley View Post
Update(s)?
Following.
Def makes me want to get out there.
Nothing major lately. Got a new oil filter mount and all new oil lines. It was a nightmare but it's done. Next track day is probably next Wednesday. I want to go to Thunderhill this weekend but I have to figure out a muffler so they don't kick me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON
This picture is so good. I love this paint and I normally despise green cars.
Thanks!! I've considered switching colors many many times but I'm really happy with it now and everyone knows my army green color now so I can't change.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #807
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Took the car out to do a little shake down yesterday. Really fun, the car drives great. TONS of drifting coming up so I'll have a lot more to post about.

Also here is Lifeblasters coverage of GGD Rd.2.

Golden Gate Drift Round 2: The ups and the downs
Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #808
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man loving everything about this car bro.. Keep it up.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #809
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Got to do some drifting last night. Glad I did as my whole wiring decided to take a shit. All my fault. Trying to do things without the right tools is biting me in the ass. I have a bunch of small shit to fix up before top drift this weekend. When the car was running it was an absolute monster though. Super fast. If I can keep it running all weekend I think I stand a chance at qualifying!

Thanks to Daniel Has A Camera and Kamikaze Garage for the photos!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #810
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrFpz1ulegQ

This sweet edit from CSL Productions just popped up! Nice little photo shoot of my car.