Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #751
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
shorty69187420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Good stuff Redline... i figure out the problem on the electrical issue.. i feel so retarded

The egi plug on the back side of the ecu - there is a lever that you have to pull up to secure that plug, well that lever wasn't pulled up so the plug was never secure.

I go and try to start the car and there is full spewing out of the fuel rail where the injectors are at. I fix that but now it is coming out of the sides where the an fitting are. Gonna fix that hopefully tomorrow and reset the distributor and then HOPEFULLY have the car running.
shorty69187420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #752
AVSTIN

Trader Rating: (0)
AVSTIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yo lacedup! will be having a meet this Saturday at seers auto center in west town mall, Knoxville, TN.

Come hang, I'll be in a black sc300 with tiffany wheels
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #753
nismostate
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (3)
nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nismostate
nismostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #754
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Shorty,
When you take your fuel rail joints apart, use some white teflon tape on the threads, but don't let the tape get by the open end(may get caught in the fuel and stuck in the injectors...no good). The other option is O RINGS, commonly found in a hardware store(good one on College, top of the hill [WR blvd toward APSU] [or down 41A turn right on College, then two blocks on the left past APSU]) O Rings will fit into the receiving end of the tube and compress when the male end is tightened...ps o rings are the slick way to go.
When my ECU gets here, I might have something for you too
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #755
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Nothing wrong with Nissan A20 Red. Kinda like it myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoats View Post
Happy to be back in a 240SX
This will be replacing my lost 1997 Red Kouki M/T
A 1997 Red Kouki A/T <3 why in the fuck have I bought another red car?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #756
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Shorty,
When you take your fuel rail joints apart, use some white teflon tape on the threads, but don't let the tape get by the open end(may get caught in the fuel and stuck in the injectors...no good). The other option is O RINGS, commonly found in a hardware store(good one on College, top of the hill [WR blvd toward APSU] [or down 41A turn right on College, then two blocks on the left past APSU]) O Rings will fit into the receiving end of the tube and compress when the male end is tightened...ps o rings are the slick way to go.
When my ECU gets here, I might have something for you too
Already had the teflon tape on the fuel rail where the an fittings are, i put some rubber bushings on the end and reseated the injectors, fuel leak stopped but for some reason i am not holding fuel pressure. So i rewired the old injector plugs back onto the wire harness mounted up the fuel rail and did a test on it and it isn't holding pressure.

Then the fuel pump went out on me, so yesterday i played with some fuel for a bit and got my fuel pump out and put 12v to it and the fuel pump works, checked the plug that gives the fuel pump its power and there is no power going to the plug. I am gonna check the fuel pump relay later on tonight and see if that gets the pump back working, but I have gotta figure this fuel pressure out. I also have to wire back in the top feed fuel rail with the injectors because there is no way i can run on stock injectors with my build.

When the pump first primes my FPR goes to 75 then to 0 in about 5-10 sec.. it should be sitting around 35-38 from what i have read.. something is really messed up.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #757
MuteTurkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
MuteTurkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSTIN View Post
Yo lacedup! will be having a meet this Saturday at seers auto center in west town mall, Knoxville, TN.

Come hang, I'll be in a black sc300 with tiffany wheels
We cross paths on occasion in Knox. Clean ass car man. You might have see my hoopty running around, loud black s13 hatch with blacked out windows. Anyways, I really like that sc
MuteTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #758
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Shorty, you might have to rebuild your Fuel pump...that almost sounds like an internal gripe(bad side), or (better side, no rebuild) starvation into the pump from a clogged pick up in the tank. Then again it has been sitting for a year so your fuel may have varnished the pump a bit...simple clean it up when it's off
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #759
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #760
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

Duke89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy thanksgiving tennesians
Duke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #761
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
This cowboy^^
No 240.. No id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #762
Jordan0332

Jordan0332 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anybody know where a dirt cheap ka and trans is for sale?
Jordan0332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #763
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

sorry for the late response Jordan.. the only place i would know to get one around here is one of the junkyards in nashville.

I heard they are dirt cheap like 150 for a small block chevy, i'm sure they would have a ka down there. I can't remember the name of the place but i'm sure if you call around they would have one for you. They have alot of engines and transmissions just laying around. I had a friend go down and pick up a engine from there and he said it was actually in pretty decent condition.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #764
nurvcom
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nurvcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to nurvcom
anyone have s13 silvia fenders and hood
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #765
Jordan0332

Jordan0332 is an unknown quantity at this point
I found a vh45 at pull n save. It doesn't look like this shell is gonna come my way. Is anybody educated on 280zx's
Jordan0332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #766
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

anyone close to fort campbell have a compression tester i could use/borrow for about 5-10 minutes???
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #767
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Shorty, no Comp tester but I got the fuel/vacuum tester. I'll text you when I head your way today, late morning. We can try to figure out that fp issue
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #768
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a cpmpression tester, but I just had my wisdom teeth surgery so I'll be drugged up all weekend. After that if you still need one I can bring it over.
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #769
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

G, if you know why a Fuel Pressure electrical system would not get voltage past the known good fuse/fuse box, but not make a known good fuel pressure relay not work when the wire is less than a foot away, it will go far in trying to figure this one out. We got the fuel rail rebuilt, and the injectors wired in with all new wire and solid orings and teflon(so it doesn;t interfere internally in the rail). It turns over, the ECU is known good, functions as advertised.
I think compression might be fine, but testing for equality is always good. The main gripe is the dang fuel pressure, and it is electrical. Maybe you can see what you can figure out...maybe a fourth set of eyes will be the solution!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #770
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

Car started up yesterday!!!

second start up ka24det - YouTube

I went ahead and hot wired the fuel pump through a relay to turn on when i put the car in the on position.

let the car idle for a bit but noticed the turbo oil feed line was leaking so i will have to wait till tonight to check it again. I pulled the line off re applied teflon and put some high temp rtv on it.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #771
Sugoi_Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Sugoi_Style is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great news! Happy motoring, shorty!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #772
Guilty1s
Zilvia Member

Guilty1s is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone around the Knoxville region or even outside.. Nashville, chat...

Look up Knoxville 240sx owners on Facebook and join

Most is selling our lame parts and how to fix our car, but we will be arranging a meet and/or dragon run sometime when it gets warm.
Guilty1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #773
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

Just sent a request to join the page...good looking out guilty
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #774
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

So oil is still leaking from the feed line, very very little though.
I let the car run for maybe a minute and it got really hot. I'm thinking that i need to bleed the coolant because there is no pressure on the coolant lines and the top one was hot and the bottom one was cold.
There is a drop of coolant about every 5 seconds from what looks like one of the screws that mounts the intake to the engine. (very weird/strange)
Idle stayed around 2300-2500 the whole time the car was running. Adjusted the idle screw both ways but didn't really do much. I'm thinking this is more than likely a vacuum leak.

Other than that the car starts every time I turn her over, so that's good
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #775
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Dayam! Friday was pretty good. Thanks for the assist Shorty! We got the S13 3" MAF installed and wired in(looks factory baby!), and while I was wiring in the MAF and getting the open element air filter installed, Shorty had the RSE ECU swapped in in nothin flat! Of course when we decided to make a short test run, school had just let out and MP's were all over the place so I couldn't really open it up, but on the way home? WOW! What a difference! Redline at 7k, and it pulls a lot harder and breaks the tail loose in second even more.
After that we tried droppin Shorty's ride 3" but the slight bit of camber rubbed the CO springs so we had to move back up to no height adjustment or only a 1" drop. I am thinking either not so much drop or the cost of removing the hubs and replacing the lug studs with full race length studs so 15mm spacers can be used with the Z32 wheels and 225's up front. Rears are adjustable so np there!
Good Stuff J!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #776
nurvcom
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nurvcom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to nurvcom
anyone have silvia hood and fenders

i poor vert look like shit and i got stuff to trade or whatever
Old 12-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #777
superdooper
Leaky Injector

superdooper is an unknown quantity at this point
nashville checking in, been awhile since i posted in here lol cars completely different. just need to do some finishing.
silvia front coupe

with a 1j making around 400 at 19psi
superdooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #778
WOOTEN
Leaky Injector

WOOTEN is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up TN peeps... New here, and thought I would stop by and say hi! I wold post pics but I dont know how to post pics
WOOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #779
Johnny_K
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Johnny_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
from today's drift event
Bowling Green Event: Dec 15th 2012 - YouTube
Johnny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #780
shorty69187420
Zilvia Member

Had the 240 towed last night and is currently sitting at All-Tech, Hopefully they will be able to get it going with minimal funds.

This will be the "last straw" for this car, if the cost is too much to fix I will have them tow the car back and i will start a complete part out of the car and be done with it. I'm sad to say this but it has been a huge money pit with no rewards and I will not continuously put money into something that doesn't run.

My wife will be starting a job at the beginning of next year so she will need her car and I will need a car....