Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #751
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
nothing wrong with vaping... keeps me from putting cancer sticks in my mouth!
Dick causes cancer!???
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #752
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
literally. its the damn kids vaping in their subies.

the LS powerplant looks like it fits nicely in there too.
https://www.instagram.com/speedlegen...=1w9ifj1ywx5xd

Whoa
Old 03-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #753
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
nothing wrong with vaping... keeps me from putting cancer sticks in my mouth!
no. your lack of self control is the true root of the problem here. #changemymind

man, this grumpy stuff is starting to feel good.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #754
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
no. your lack of self control is the true root of the problem here. #changemymind

man, this grumpy stuff is starting to feel good.
It's all about telling them how you feel man, let it all out
Old 03-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #755
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Meh. Run whatever engine you want, I don't care. I'll think what I want about your build if you run an RB/JZ/cast-iron V8 but ultimately, build a nice car for yourself.

I care about my car and only my car. For that reason, I worry obsessively about weight distribution, center of gravity and all sorts of other things that allow me to justify why my S13 hasn't been on a racetrack in six years, five months and 20 days and still has a KA with bolt-ons under the hood.

You know what makes me grumpy? Owning a house. Jesus Christ, I thought my first-gen Touareg V8 was bad.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:23 PM   #756
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Meh. Run whatever engine you want, I don't care. I'll think what I want about your build if you run an RB/JZ/cast-iron V8 but ultimately, build a nice car for yourself.

I care about my car and only my car. For that reason, I worry obsessively about weight distribution, center of gravity and all sorts of other things that allow me to.
This is the crap that pisses me off. It's like, really?? Have you ever drove a RB 240sx or an aluminum block LS1 car?

People get these ideas about CG, weight balance and shit all built up in their heads and they put that pussy on a pedistool.

Unless you are racing for money in a conpetive environment, which typically comes with ridiculous restrictions, you are wasting your time.

My buddy and I had a 240sx each for a while. Mine a S13 with all the mods. Aftermarket arms with hiem joints, all rubber replaced with poly, solid subframe, corner balanced on Fortune 500s, angle mods, SR20, big turbo, B&M shifter, Z32 brakes etc.

His, a stock S13 with KSports and stock RB25 tuned to like 330whp with Kazaa 2 way.

His car was infinitly better on the street and track. More Torque, smoother, softer riding, no buzzing, rattling, creaking.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #757
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
them nascar v8s be hittin tho

JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:13 PM   #758
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
This is the crap that pisses me off. It's like, really?? Have you ever drove a RB 240sx or an aluminum block LS1 car?

People get these ideas about CG, weight balance and shit all built up in their heads and they put that pussy on a pedistool.

Unless you are racing for money in a conpetive environment, which typically comes with ridiculous restrictions, you are wasting your time.

My buddy and I had a 240sx each for a while. Mine a S13 with all the mods. Aftermarket arms with hiem joints, all rubber replaced with poly, solid subframe, corner balanced on Fortune 500s, angle mods, SR20, big turbo, B&M shifter, Z32 brakes etc.

His, a stock S13 with KSports and stock RB25 tuned to like 330whp with Kazaa 2 way.

His car was infinitly better on the street and track. More Torque, smoother, softer riding, no buzzing, rattling, creaking.
My car isn't exactly stock and has always been in search of a goal. That goal isn't the lowest lap time by brute force or the lowest lap time by sheer grip- it's to build something really light that is fun to drive. When I had my cage built, we moved the driver's seating position back a few inches and as close to the car centerline as possible. That cost me some money, but it helped to move the weight bias rearward and lower the polar moment. I have no restrictions- I could enter unlimited time attack, and likely will, but ultimately I'm building the best track S-chassis I can by metrics I'm deciding.

I put certain things on a pedestal because they're what I've found I like more than almost everything else. I like saving and shaving ounces.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #759
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 03-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #760
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:

looks like it fits pretty good to me? i already know you stated you dont want to hack up your car, but i think this could be solved by a tube front (just based off this picture).

seems sort of odd for someone who has a shop, who should have access to simple tools like a welder and bender, doesnt want a tube front on a swap that mixes mfgs. shit like this happens when you put a toyota in a nissan and so forth.

adapt. improvise. overcome. #meme

edit:
heres another with a visible rad:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...iginal.jpg?v=0
Tube front is in my opinion hacking up the car solely because that chassis I was not intending to cage and turn into a full on race car. I actually kept all the VG stuff because I knew one day I'd put it all back to stock and enjoy it that way again. which is why it was a big deal to me to not cut anything i couldn't bolt on a new piece on.

with that said, I know you can physically fit a rad in it but the problem is enough airflow through it to keep it cool enough to work properly. you guys have no idea how many people I've tuned that go "I don't have cooling issues" after me telling them that they need x fan y radiator with z shrouding. we get on the dyno and behold 100+ *C temps when I'm trying to tune it. "it never got hot before" .... yeah because putting around town and a freeway pull isn't stress. seriously if a car can keep cool for 1 or 3 passes drifting is not the same as keeping the car cool in a 30 minute WOT session road racing.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #761
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had a similar issue tracking a 2jz fc. So much work went into the cooling system/ducting just to make it work. Around town not a problem, the second you start hot lapping boom.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #762
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Juan, grumpy old man thread.....not logic/science thread. You should know better
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #763
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
tube it then when you go back to stock you still have a lighter/stronger frame!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #764
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
what if i told you that you could tube front end a car, and not have to do a full cage#meme

in all seriousness, i see what you are saying. although on the previous page you low key flex that you are starting to get paid for building peoples cars in your new shop. you should be able to figure this out if you're youre getting paid and flexing to strangers on the net.

also, why would you keep the VG stuff and ultimately plan to put it back in if youre going to spend all of this time investing into getting the jz powerplant to stay cool for 30 minute hot laps? you dont make a lot of sense.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #765
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
A well-designed vented hood, proper ducting and dual large oil coolers should do the trick. Getting the air out is just as important as getting the air in.

If a stock 99+ rx7 with 276hp can put down a few laps with the stock tiny intercooler, electric fans and a non-vented hood, anything can do it lol That engine produces so much heat it's insane it didn't come stock with a v-mount and a vented hood.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #766
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
So, tubed front=full on nascar?
And honestly, i dont really care what engine anyone swaps into their cars, or anything they do to it for that matter, as long as it's street worthy and wont affect the person driving next to it.
I guess it's just the way the import scene has evolved, it just seems weird to me. We used to be into imports 'cause of their affordability and the attraction to small engines, high revving or turbocharged, sort of like being the underdog. How about the beautiful sound of a turbo straight six?
But now, people buy s-chassis with the sole intention of swapping an LS. I mean, with the money many of these people spend on their ls project, they could have bought a corvette, a much better car overall and eady to go. Guess they like the looks of something and the power of something else, idk. For me that would never work. I hardly even like to mixing makes...
Not that it matters, though, it's not like MOST of them will ever see the streets
Old 03-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #767
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

The problem is that there are hidden costs when buying a Corvette.

You have to invest in hair gel, gold chains, and a spray tan.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #768
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
^LOL my younger brother has a C5Z and he's probably the youngest corvette owner in a 300 mile radius.

I was partially joking about the LS swaps..it's a great motor and replacement for pretty much any car out there. It's actually annoying how much sense it makes to swap one in, especially because it can be smog-legal in CA.

But I do tend to think that a 240 with a built SR/KA/RB/JZ, etc. or an RX-7 with a built rotary is just hands down much cooler than the same car with an LS swap. It takes more research, knowledge, skill and is generally just much more of a challenge to keep a 2.0L 4 banger or a rotary together at 500whp than it is or an LS and you have to respect that.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #769
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^ also turbo cars make cool sounds and sometimes if you're lucky you will even get a fire ball from the exhaust..

The 16yr old kid in me approves of these types of things....

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #770
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
^ also turbo cars make cool sounds and sometimes if you're lucky you will even get a fire ball from the exhaust..

No truer words have ever been spoken.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #771
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Sound is the most important thing IMO.

Anything that doesn't rev to at least 8500 RPM is trash IMO.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #772
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Stock KA's are the way to go!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #773
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post

iunno.. I'd let an old school big block idle just for the sound.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:55 PM   #774
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post

christ, you are terribly dumb.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #775
spooled240
Post Whore!

'Trash' is a strong word..I mean 8000 rpm or even 7500 isn't that bad lmao
Old 03-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #776
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post

Fire balls are in the tune. My fucking Dyna spits fire on decel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwnR0hYW3oY
Old 03-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #777
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
We're all gonna be driving Tesla Roadsters in the future so sound can be whatever audio file you upload to your CAR OF THE FUCKING FUTURE.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #778
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

isnt BMW doing this already, with gas power plants?

edit: it looks like its called 'active sound'.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #779
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Fire balls are in the tune. My fucking Dyna spits fire on decel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwnR0hYW3oY

If you look closely you'll also see bits of piston rings from the washed out cylinder walls lol
Old 03-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #780
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
We're all gonna be driving Tesla Roadsters in the future so sound can be whatever audio file you upload to your CAR OF THE FUCKING FUTURE.
Execus me? There is no "we" in that bullshit.