Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #31
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
this car is clapped out...

Yeah.. The chassis is pretty fucked up but otherwise really? No need for you to shit on my thread dude...
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #32
stev0n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stev0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm torn between chuki & kouki fiberglass skirts.

Are those duraflex fenders? Not sure what brand mine are. They're wide but off. No sidemarkers. No vents. And no s13 body lines on them.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #33
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev0n View Post
That's cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm torn between chuki & kouki fiberglass skirts.

Are those duraflex fenders? Not sure what brand mine are. They're wide but off. No sidemarkers. No vents. And no s13 body lines on them.

No problem. And yes they are. They do have vents, have the s13 body line , and had a place for s15 markers . I guess the pic doesn't show too well
Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #34
stev0n
Leaky Injector

How wide are they? I think mine are maybe 20 mm or so. But my wheels barely fit under them

Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #35
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev0n View Post
How wide are they? I think mine are maybe 20 mm or so. But my wheels barely fit under them

I was told they're not wide body but I'm not sure. Had to raise it up
And inch and it won't fit very far over the side wall. I have 17x9.75 527's with 255/40 all around.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #36
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

The Midnight Express

Did a few things today.

1. Added brace bar to the hood pin on driver side, no more hood shake at high speeds :-)

2. Added some weather stripping for bumper and lights

3. Added deletes for the side holes in the bumper. Too me looks much better, seals off relays from direct incoming water, and doesn't scream intercooler as much lol

Old 02-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #37
stev0n
Leaky Injector

I like the changes! Gives me some ideas.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #38
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

She sits pretty in the rain

Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #39
bratz_729

Trader Rating: (0)
bratz_729 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Car looks good! I really wanna do a s15 front swap myself. Care to share where you located all the parts?
bratz_729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #40
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

The Midnight Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratz_729 View Post
Car looks good! I really wanna do a s15 front swap myself. Care to share where you located all the parts?

Pieced from 5 different people across the LA area and headlights from a guy in Minnesota

Last edited by mr.nismo.; 04-26-2014 at 08:36 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #41
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a random place to find some s15 headlights. Digging the front bumper changes.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #42
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
That's a random place to find some s15 headlights. Digging the front bumper changes.

Yeah but couldn't beat the price shipped in their condition. And thanks man! I like it much better with the deletes in place
Old 03-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #43
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Borrowed a Nikon D3100 and took some shots of her today

Old 04-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #44
LuckyRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
LuckyRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Looks like It is coming together well. I really like how you did the floating hood pins. I am going to copy you on that. Is the plug and play headlight harness working out well for you?

Right side (USDM Passenger side) Replica S13 OEM Silvia Aero Bumper Grill

S13 Silvia J's, Q's, K's, A's Bumper grill inserts.

Male Plugs for S15 headlights

PM me if you need them.
LuckyRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #45
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
#Sugar plum Fairies 4lyfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRPS13 View Post
Heeeeeeeyyyyy Babycakes!!!!
Sheesh, get a room you two.....

Oh wait, I'm part of the club.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #46
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRPS13 View Post
Looks like It is coming together well. I really like how you did the floating hood pins. I am going to copy you on that. Is the plug and play headlight harness working out well for you?
Well except the high and low beams don't work at the same time. Remember when I said my pop up motor harness was super f'd from the PO? Excellent idea to retain function but not for my car lmao. And thank you., they work extremely well with that setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Sheesh, get a room you two.....

Oh wait, I'm part of the club.
You always are ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #47
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
rattle can paint job?
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #48
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
rattle can paint job?

Yep lol

Old 04-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #49
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
what paint did you use? looks great... just a few more clear coats and you are set.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #50
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
what paint did you use? looks great... just a few more clear coats and you are set.

Rustoleum and yeah if I wet sanded and did more clear it would look like a single stage at least, but doing clear coat out of rattle is such a pain to get even without aerosol lines

Old 04-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #51
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
So clean! I hate s13.5 but yours turned out awesome! Makes me want to pull the trigger on this front end. I'm still in the air on what I want to do. Sil80 is in favor so far.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #52
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
So clean! I hate s13.5 but yours turned out awesome! Makes me want to pull the trigger on this front end. I'm still in the air on what I want to do. Sil80 is in favor so far.

Everyone's got their preference. I originally wanted to do s13.4 and thanks

Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #53
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Honestly... Not bad. Get some decent wheels and this thing will be really nice. Paint job looks incredible, too, for a rattle can.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #54
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Honestly... Not bad. Get some decent wheels and this thing will be really nice. Paint job looks incredible, too, for a rattle can.

Thanks man. I actually just traded my 527's for 18" 962. I've been over the 527's for awhile lol. The exact look I want though are 18" 535's I loveeee those things

Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #55
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
Well except the high and low beams don't work at the same time. Remember when I said my pop up motor harness was super f'd from the PO? Excellent idea to retain function but not for my car lmao. And thank you., they work extremely well with that setup
The way the S13 headlight wiring is designed (due to sealed beam lamps) they do not come on at the same time if you just did a direct wire up.

I made a guide on how to get the S15 headlights working as they should on your S13, as this is what I did for my S13.5.

http://nissanpure.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #56
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

The Midnight Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
The way the S13 headlight wiring is designed (due to sealed beam lamps) they do not come on at the same time if you just did a direct wire up.

I made a guide on how to get the S15 headlights working as they should on your S13, as this is what I did for my S13.5.

http://nissanpure.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13

Yeah I realized I would have to add second relays for the high beams. I've just been lazy lol. However looking at how you did it is a way better idea then how I was gonna do it lol

Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #57
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Couple things. One I replaced my shifter to transmission boot. Pretty sure that's what the leak was from so we'll see.

And I got s15 kick plates! I loveeeeee them!

All the tabs on one were broken off so I got a little creative

More updates soon!

Old 04-26-2014, 04:21 AM   #58
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive work

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #59
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
Impressive work

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Thanks man!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #60
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

i got new tires for the 962's. dunlop direzza dz102 245/40 rear 235/30 front. theyre grippy as hell but not for that long. at least when i took them for some mountain driving. anyhow, i also did this shit.

also got this guy too. i have supplies for more updates, but i need to set aside time to actually do it lol. so stay tuned?