Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #31
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
release the hounds smitherrrrssssss.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #32
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
I feel your pain when I look at that dent in the 1/4 although mine is not that bad. Ouch. 400 bucks is awesome and a rare color is awesome but maybe you should use that as a parts car and find a better base to start off with? I don't know if you have a body work hook up. You could straighten it out as much as possible and go widebody to cover some of that up. GL w/the build.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #33
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
G35ttbaconboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very Sorry about spelling typed it very fast when i was half awake will be fixed omg everyone is telling me that i don't know what I have and not to paint it come on like today i just came back from cleaning the trunk really nasty and the color looks so purple i will be laughed at if i go to race anyone come on I don't know at this point and i have a friends that do body work and will pull it out for free without drilling
Old 12-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #34
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

LOL THAT WAS SOME BAD SPELLING lol SORRY!!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #35
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did anybody else notice that he actually paid 400$ for that thing?!?!?!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #36
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Hey 2 all u people who are saying its a piece of shit and not worth 400 bucks you should check the blue book value for ur cars there worth a lot now they went up!!!!! So if anyone can find one that's better that this one for the same price shoot me in the head cause i been looking 4 2 months its running
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #37
tunersedge
Zilvia Member

tunersedge is making a name for him/her selftunersedge is making a name for him/her self
$400, Running, nuff said... I dont know where you guys find your <$400 cars at but let me know if u find one in any better condition then this one.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #38
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Jesus took a shit on that car.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35ttbaconboy View Post
Very Sorry about spelling typed it very fast when i was half awake will be fixed omg everyone is telling me that i don't know what I have and not to paint it come on like today i just came back from cleaning the trunk really nasty and the color looks so purple i will be laughed at if i go to race anyone come on I don't know at this point and i have a friends that do body work and will pull it out for free without drilling
Quote:
Hey 2 all u people who are saying its a piece of shit and not worth 400 bucks you should check the blue book value for ur cars there worth a lot now they went up!!!!! So if anyone can find one that's better that this one for the same price shoot me in the head cause i been looking 4 2 months its running
Wat?

I don't think you looked long enough.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #40
SK'92RPS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
SK'92RPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
oh shit lavender frost AND trunk rack! omgomgomgomgomgomg!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #41
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Did anybody else notice that he actually paid 400$ for that thing?!?!?!
Nope. No one could read his chicken scratch shitass attempt at written English.

Quote:
the color looks so purple i will be laughed at if i go to race anyone come on
Great mentality. You're the epitome of why I hate the common 240SX owner. Buy a total piece of shit that barely runs, probably has more blown bushings than a Lincoln Town Car, brakes that more than likely are seized, and your first concern is racing it. I hope you wreck it.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #42
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
pssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
please learn how to use punctuation................

you make my brain hurt.........

but keep it lavender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #43
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You racing people FATF style?! Since when does your cars color matter in a "race", let alone on the track? Also I hope your friends do some SICK work with the body cause it needs it...

Quote:
Also to give you the benefit of the doubt I KBB'd it it wont even let me give it POOR condition so I gave it FAIR... And it was worth $438 soooooo yeah. I don't really think it went up a whole lot there. And not to be a totally redundant but even if I WERE going to buy a car for 400$ I probably would have passed on this
Old 12-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #44
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post

Great mentality. You're the epitome of why I hate the common 240SX owner. Buy a total piece of shit that barely runs, probably has more blown bushings than a Lincoln Town Car, brakes that more than likely are seized, and your first concern is racing it. I hope you wreck it.
or someone else from tehh evil websitez zilvia.net
Old 12-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #45
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post

ok sorry to say but ur a jerk cause if u could read my bad writing u would see im doing a swap to fix all the shit i have not done any real driving with the shit cause that my life so honestly u should fuck off i dont race to put anyones life in danger a car wit no brake's and no clutch
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #46
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
ok sorry to say but ur a jerk cause if u could read my bad writing u would see im doing a swap to fix all the shit i have not done any real driving with the shit cause that my life so honestly u should fuck off i dont race to put anyones life in danger a car wit no brake's and no clutch
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING!!!!

...and if there is anyone you don't want to fuck with on this site it's probably RDM. Dude was tinkering with the s-chassis before I could color inside the lines.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #47
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

...and if there is anyone you don't want to fuck with on this site it's probably RDM. Dude was tinkering with the s-chassis before I could color inside the lines.

yea but hes a asshole to insult the car is one thing but to wish me to crash hes a fucking jerk off wow hopes i crash that dumb fuck
Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #48
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
yea but hes a asshole to insult the car is one thing but to wish me to crash hes a fucking jerk off wow hopes i crash that dumb fuck
If it's any consolation.

I hope you crash too.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #49
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
i bought my first and current 240 in immaculate condition for 1500.
i then bought a black '90, complete with a dead sohc, for 200. it had one dented fender.
but this was a few years ago. at any rate, i wouldn't have paid money for a car with quarter panel damage. good luck on the repairs, it's probably not as bad as it looks.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #50
ero714
Leaky Injector

ero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really niceero714 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to ero714 Send a message via Yahoo to ero714
Also to give you the benefit of the doubt I KBB'd it it wont even let me give it POOR condition so I gave it FAIR... And it was worth $438 soooooo yeah. I don't really think it went up a whole lot there. And not to be a totally redundant but even if I WERE going to buy a car for 400$ I probably would have passed on this

wow where did you guys get your blue book value?

1989 Nissan 240SX - Private Party Pricing Report - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

Last edited by ero714; 12-17-2008 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: mistake
Old 12-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #51
240SX2high2aim
Leaky Injector

240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore240SX2high2aim is not welcome here anymore
Nice man finally got a 240. I know how that feels...I have been on the forums for awhile and after I finally got one I was so happy. My first 240SX had an SR20 and a type X body kit it was clean and had no problems wats so ever and I loved it. After awhile of owning it I had to sell it becuz my parents saw me doing donuts in it...and they thought the car was unsafe. So then I didnt have a 240SX for awhile and then I got another 1 for 2500 after driving it for awhile I started to discover that the breaks were dying and there were problems occurring in it. So I partially gutted it and am in the process and I am going to take this project slow and easy and make it to a nice ass 240 that I am proud to drive and people can look up to. Welcome to Zilvia and hope you find these resources and build threads very helpful to you. I learn a lot from this site and nico heres a link 4 a few pointers and good luck.
240sxTech - 240sx Performance, Modification and Repair Articles in One Place - Copyright NICOclub.com
Also that 240SX looks too messed up to work on it...in the long run it would have been cheaper to buy another 240SX in better condition and use this one for some parts or something. Also in this game if you sell your car and you modified it you will loose most of the money you have invested in your car and will not get nearly as much when selling just thought you should know and I am not trying to be rude...again>>>good luck and welcome
Old 12-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #52
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX2high2aim View Post
Nice man finally got a 240. I know how that feels...I have been on the forums for awhile and after I finally got one I was so happy. My first 240SX had an SR20 and a type X body kit it was clean and had no problems wats so ever and I loved it. After awhile of owning it I had to sell it becuz my parents saw me doing donuts in it...and they thought the car was unsafe. So then I didnt have a 240SX for awhile and then I got another 1 for 2500 after driving it for awhile I started to discover that the breaks were dying and there were problems occurring in it. So I partially gutted it and am in the process and I am going to take this project slow and easy and make it to a nice ass 240 that I am proud to drive and people can look up to. Welcome to Zilvia and hope you find these resources and build threads very helpful to you. I learn a lot from this site and nico heres a link 4 a few pointers and good luck.
240sxTech - 240sx Performance, Modification and Repair Articles in One Place - Copyright NICOclub.com
Also that 240SX looks too messed up to work on it...in the long run it would have been cheaper to buy another 240SX in better condition and use this one for some parts or something. Also in this game if you sell your car and you modified it you will loose most of the money you have invested in your car and will not get nearly as much when selling just thought you should know and I am not trying to be rude...again>>>good luck and welcome
Are you related to the OP by chance?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #53
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i really like the lavendar, but that car is beat down like whitney houston when bobby cant get a fix. i would not even waste my time pushing it off a cliff. you are the epitome of a fanboy. close you mouth and read the forum for a couple months. get used to searching for things. and dont start a new thread, i guarantee it has been covered (probably three times by RDM). oh and if you decide to post a reply, an attempt at good grammar will go a long way towards having someone help you.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #54
S13_Nightkid
Zilvia Junkie

S13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud ofS13_Nightkid has much to be proud of
from the look of the pics your it might have some mean ass rust on the frame rails. Be careful.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #55
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunersedge View Post
$400, Running, nuff said... I dont know where you guys find your <$400 cars at but let me know if u find one in any better condition then this one.
I got an 87 celica ST for $400 last july. Body had work done some time in its life, and the interior was pretty good for its age... 5 speed and leaked oil from the cam seal, but it ran like a top.

I would do like others said and use that as a parts car. I dunno about you, but I like frame rails. They keep me from getting smooshed in an impact.

Contrary to popular ricer belief, having your frame rails rot away does not count as weight reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

Who are you kidding? Most of us still can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #56
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
not gonna lie

you should probably get legally emancipated from your mother

for letting you buy / drive that piece of shit

and you should probably gut the interior to take a look

i'm 80% sure you have a hole rusted through your passenger floor board
Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #57
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
So i finally got a 240sx! My Mom decided she did not want me 2 beat on her G35 anymore =D man that car is fun!
After re-reading his post, if your mom drives a G35 why in HELL would she let you buy something in such bad shape? Obviously she has enough money that you don't need a 400$ shell...

Also to be constructive, I'm sure there is rust, I would definitely take a look under the car and make sure the frame rail is straight as others have pointed out. You may also want to look into the floor pan etc.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #58
jdminspiredcd7
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
jdminspiredcd7 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
well for your how many cans question,it takes 30 cans to do a full outside job, not including inside the doors,trunk gutter thing, or under the hood. get the dollar flat blck cans from walmart and you could have a $30.00 dollar paint job like this

oh and sand it with like 1000 sandpaper to give it a smooth finish and a bit of gloss..LOL..
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #59
krisdeezy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
krisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krisdeezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Rare or not, that thing is definitely beat.

I'd never trust a car like that.

^^^^...

msglngth
Old 12-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #60
G35ttbaconboy
Leaky Injector

Thanks alot i bought 30 cans 4 $31.50 =D ok guys seriously before i bought the car i put it on a lift and looked the dent on the side has no frame damage at all my friend who does body work came with me to buy the car the car runs has no frame rust the only real problem this car body wise ever had was the previous owner when the breaks went out slid into his car in the drive way and cracked the bumper and dented the hood very slight. nothing structral is damaged but that quarter panle. all i need to buy that i dont have is some good suspinsion and that aint yet cause broke! more worryed about getting the brakes fixed any ways thanks all u guys who care
Closed Thread