Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #391
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Well since I'll most likely be in the testing stage of doing this. It's assumed that it should work... see the fusebox relocation thread in the tech forum for more info answering your question as it's already been drawn out in there how it will be run.

edit: http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/231769...-q-thread.html
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #392
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
So I decided I might as well just tackle some stuff I've been meaning to do anyway instead of leaving a big mess of electrical wires all over the house. Make the woman happy, you know hehe.

So lets start first with the coil pack sub harness sleeving...

setting up shop.

stripped down.

lets sleeve....

but first, heat shrink... fuck this electric tape shit.

one big, one small.

shrink it.

$$$$ in the bank.

That was all just work to the upper harness coil pack connector section. LOL! I got the individual coil's done one by one and then ran into a snag de-pinning one of them.

Luckily I keep my KA24DE harness for spare parts just in case I run into things like this or if I need to convert any plugs from the sr20 harness to work with my car.

much better.

This heat shrink is serious business... super high shrinking ratio, it's industrial or something and it's lined with glue... in a nutshell it's a fucking BITCH to remove and to damage.

All done, and threw in a picture of my feet for you. Know how much you blokes love that stuff.

Oh and then I fixed this little bugger...

If you guys remember from a previous post, I had made the wire I am working on slightly longer than the other connector and this became a big problem that I just couldn't live with. So now it's even and I am a happy camper.

And now lets sort out this lower engine harness, this is the KA24DE lower harness, I decided not to use the SR20DET Lower Harness since it's designed for an s13 so I guess I will just have to source a new one for Chloe's (my s13) KA24DE swap...

Got it all taped up.. and took it out to the car for a test fit. Also swapped the plugs for the reverse and neutral position with the sr20 ones since I was waaaay too lazy to yank the plugs off of the KA24DE transmission...

why are those wires going inside of the cabin Wayne?

OMG FATALITY!!!

back in the bay... you can see on the lower left the plug for the alternator, going straight to your right is the oil pressure plug and everything else is going to the back as designed.

looks good to me, got everything sorted out, however there is a single plug which the sr20 transmission does not have a plug for which is on the KA24DE transmission. Hopefully this doesn't prove to be a problem. I believe it's the 5th gear position plug (2 pin plug black ground wire & yellow with green stripe wire) So I am just going to de-pin it.

Fuck it

Doesn't plug into anything, no point in having it dangling down there.

oh yeah put this thing on. I need new clamps for this dealio and some black couplers on that asap tip.

Last edited by Om1kron; 02-08-2009 at 05:32 AM..
Om1kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #393
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
is that a bucket holding your car up?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 AM   #394
Om1kron
Post Whore!

one of the strongest!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #395
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Ya knwo with a few friends,some pizza a bottle of Goose and some juice, this looks like it would be fun as hell
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #396
Om1kron
Post Whore!

LOL I was just thinking the other day I should have a tech day myself, but where people who want to see my build finish come over and do free labor to help finish and button up my car and test all of the electrical with me...
Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #397
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Dude if I lived anywhere near the land of fake titties and real assholes, I would be there mostly to stand and watch since I know next to shit about what you're doing
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #398
theslows13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
theslows13 will become famous soon enoughtheslows13 will become famous soon enoughtheslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ah sorry about my lame-post. i wasnt thinking the whole way through. youre right on track, keep going my friend.
theslows13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #399
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Lower Harness is done dilli-yo!
No point in taking progress pictures, you saw what the thing looked like yesterday.

Now this isn't the complete lower harness, whats missing is the charging cables but i want all of those separate from the lower harness, it will help me diagnose things easier and makes the sleeving process a bit easier on ya.

Here is a run down of what is actually wrapped up here. In a nutshell I don't see where anything else is required besides grounds and + power...

If you disagree please share otherwise.

Welp chaps, gotta go fold laundry!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #400
Om1kron
Post Whore!

MAD GAY UPDATE!!!

more coming later today.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #401
onepuff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
onepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruinonepuff is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Extremely Gay HAHAHA.

Maybe it's just the angle of the pic but the IC looks a little off center. Could just be the bumper. Gonna look good either way.
onepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #402
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
Awesome as usual, I must know where you got the wiring heat shrink though shit makes everything look so nice.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #403
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepuff View Post
Extremely Gay HAHAHA.

Maybe it's just the angle of the pic but the IC looks a little off center. Could just be the bumper. Gonna look good either way.
As far as I know it's an ebay intercooler kit being held up by my crooked hood latch bracket so it's going to be off center, doesn't matter i'm painting the shit black.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #404
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheS14project View Post
Awesome as usual, I must know where you got the wiring heat shrink though shit makes everything look so nice.
that huge ass one i got from skycraft or something.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #405
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
that huge ass one i got from skycraft or something.
i found couple sellers on ebay that sold me a bunch of different size heat shrink and different size nylon tubing for my project. i havent yet got to my wiring, im going to make sure everything works first before i tear the wiring apart, lol.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #406
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Whistle while you work...

Well I didn't go to work today, so I tried to make the most of it while I was at home. It was kind of weird because they put a sig-alert out on me or something lol. I sent my boss a text at 6am saying I wasn't going to be in the office.. he asks at 9:30am if I am coming in, so I text him again... YO I SAID I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT IN! then my recruiter calls me and says my boss called her and is worried he hasn't heard from me.

Jeez, I said I had a sore throat, I don't want to call anyone.

duh! So emails it was...

at least I got confirmation they were relieved I didn't die in a traffic accident or end up in jail.

Anyway...

Decided to button up a few things in the engine bay...

I then put the bumper support on to see how it fit over the intercooler.

Then I was putting in my grounds on the intake manifold when fail happened.

There is a spot on the body I can ground these two until I figure out how I'm going to get that fucking thing out. But I guess they're grounded to the engine for a reason right?

put my condenser in and my radiator... rad looks like it sits just as high as my hood pins, wonder if my hood will actually close, guess I should test fit it.

Figured I might as well test fit all of the front aero while I'm at it as well.

I'll have to trim about a half inch off of the bottom center opening to get the bumper to sit flush. Not bad at all.

injector plugs in. and random snaps.

yeah this is one of the reasons why I got a new core support

installing this side of the AC is going to be a bitch.

random snaps.

and it's chow time folks...

peace.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #407
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Then I was putting in my grounds on the intake manifold when fail happened.
Lol happens to everyone it seems - that's why there's twoof them ~ use the other one!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #408
Om1kron
Post Whore!

yeah I got them fastened into the other one, it just kind of messes up the cleanliness of my tuck. damnit lol.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #409
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
I always get introuble here for texting that I'm taking a day off.

So now I just dont show up till like noon at which point i say yeah I only came into work to say I'm not working today. <--- oddly they never yell about this
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #410
Om1kron
Post Whore!

haha my boss apologized to me this morning and said his phone stopped receiving texts the day before so it was his bad.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #411
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
heck i live in rialto/colton border.. ill sit and watch the build and maybe help if i can... hahaha.. your in fontana right?
don_bagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #412
Om1kron
Post Whore!

yeah, Luizgonz brothers came by yesterday and picked up one of my intake manifolds for their ka-t project. We shot the shit for a minute
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #413
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Looks like you need this.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/239722...ement-how.html

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #414
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I actually got a quote from him to replace the core support, roof skin, and re-paint the car w/o jams quote was not cheaper than me doing it so it looks like you guys will have more to read after I get my hands on my devil bliss paint gun.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #415
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Ugh, replacing a core support is SUCH a bitch. If it's not on perfectly square, nothing lines up.

Anyway, bump for Luisgonz's lil bro. Lol cool family, all of em.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #416
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Ugh, replacing a core support is SUCH a bitch. If it's not on perfectly square, nothing lines up.

Anyway, bump for Luisgonz's lil bro. Lol cool family, all of em.
heh it's not that hard, the way they did it is body shop text book style... truth be told i'm modding mine so it's two pieces... bottom support beam will be welded to the frame rails, the sides and top will be bolt in.

as far as the AC goes I am going to have to get an fittings and run a braided line on the passenger side and i'm going to have to modify my cold pipe so this blow off valve is actually functional and not just on there for looks.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #417
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Update for the weekend...

Friday night I was going to load up some music on my i-pod when I completely remembered when I was at work and reached for it in my desk I noticed it was missing, with it's i-pod charger. FML

So I guess it's no music for me, hopped in the car while it was a mess and tried to get some work done. First by swapping the ECU bracket from my KA24DE ECU to my SR20ECU.

Then I started getting wire splinters in my ass and knuckles crawling around in the car from when I did my engine harness, which I think I'm going to try and finish sleeving the inner portion since I cant figure out how to get it the fuck out of the car now LOL!

busted out the Dyson with the animal attachment and all better.

also buttoned up everything on the passenger side, the female F3 Plug, the ECU Relay, and the Wiper Amp got zip tied until I can find a mounting solution for that area.

seriously was getting on my nerves but did not feel like de-pinning it. I also have to wire up the AC plug from the ECU here. If you are keeping your AC with your sr20 and don't know how to wire it up.

AC - compressor won't kick on.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I'm being attached.

well my roommate wanted to borrow my digital camera this weekend so I wasn't going to get any pictures of me doing all of the wiring this weekend, turns out he never came home last night and got it. So maybe you will get to see me wire some shit up.

I think I am going to make the electric fan wiring work somehow out this way, we'll sort it out by the end of today that's for sure. I haven't received my check in the mail yet so I cant buy fuses or my other fusebox to test any of my electrical this weekend which is fucking FAIL!!!

I also don't like the way that brake booster line has a kink in it. I seriously want to have a new charge pipe fabbed. I want to have all of the pipes fabbed but whats the point if I go top mount later on?

This is where we left off.

it's 4 in the morning and I'm going to sleeeeeeep.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #418
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I think the tedius process of wiring...

has been a justification of such to just procrastinate in finishing my car. The stigma behind build threads is some people get into the habit of taking on too many projects. Mainly because they don't want the car to start until everything is perfect.

Knowing damn well the first time you put the key in the ignition and fire it up bam it's going to work just fine, but you need to tub your fenders first, you need to replace your weather stripping first, you need to even out all of your coils first, then you need new suspension bushings first, etc, etc.

So I kicked myself in the ass and went into my garage to go work on this goddamn thing. It's not like I'm just fixing the body harness because of the fuse tuck. Let me break it down!

- fusebox relocation, redesign, testing.
- lengthening wires, soldering, heat shrinking exposed wires.
- installing items for digital climate control, one of which is an ambient temp sensor that runs through the body harness.
- wire up the AC with the SR ECU.
- re-wire the ford Taurus fan to work on my car, whilst figuring out the relay that came with it.
- take the rear seats out to remove the rest of the air bag unit.

I mean it's a lot of shit to take in, anyway... pictures.

oh yeah, drill out that fucking screw I snapped the other day, we(my brother Bert.) even took a shot at the broken valve cover stud that needed to be drilled out.

and it was fail, so back to the temp solution to hold my coil pack in.

while that was all done I continued to separate and tape up the hanging mess of wires down below.

Since the turn signal wires both junctioned at the fuse box in a relay before, I had deiced to junction those wires in the bay and just run a single wire into the relay that will work the turn signals. It's more efficient I think than running two wires all the way to the relay to join into one. We'll find out how that works out lol, I've done this before with headlights and daytime running lights, this should be no different *crosses fingers*

And I just taped up and joined each and every other wire that I plan on sleeving together, I have to lengthen the wires for the fan plug to reach the relay panel which I'll do today and also figure out how to wire up this electric fan.

to be continued....
Old 02-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #419
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
I'm really confused.

Why didnt you run the harness into the engine bay now to save all the woes of having the harness killed by a tire rubbing on it when the car is on the ground at the correct ride height?
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #420
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRonTom31 View Post
I'm really confused.

Why didnt you run the harness into the engine bay now to save all the woes of having the harness killed by a tire rubbing on it when the car is on the ground at the correct ride height?
Quite simple... I don't lower my car to the floor, I daily drive. Zilvia doesn't like it (cry!)

That's as low as I have it for now, and that's as low as I think I am going to make it unless I find some inspiring reason to do otherwise. The car was already getting caught on speed bumps at that height, I dunno how duffman drives his car on the streets, I seriously envy his lowness lol.

As far as the harness needing to be in the engine bay, I don't do the "harness tuck" like everyone else with zip ties and banging the shit out of that column. My car has a skidplate for the harness there.

you can see it under the bulk of the wires.