Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:44 PM   #391
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Came across this cool E36 art...
Old 02-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #392
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I got the SC in, and now doing the custom metal widebody.. almost done now.

Last edited by GabeS14; 03-05-2015 at 02:41 PM..
GabeS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #393
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
SC300?

Msg
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #394
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Did you make those metal arches for the wide body?
Old 02-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #395
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Did you make those metal arches for the wide body?
Rainier made them out of metal yeah, mounted on top of the already widened metal widebody.
the SC meant supercharger. is for my E93 M3
Active Autowerke,Stage 2, intercooled/meth injected Super charger kit.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #396
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Selling the ordens if anyone is interested.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=595144
Old 04-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #397
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just picked up a '98 Boston Green/Modena M3 four-door, five-speed with 55,300 original miles. It's one of 52 produced between 1997 and 1998 in that color/interior/transmission combo. Four options- sunroof, cruise control, 18-button OBC and Harman Kardon sound. I paid about the same as one could for a relatively-low-mile E46 M3, but I prefer the E36s, even if this one has side air bags.

It's very nice, and I have no pictures yet. I always hated Boston Green because of its status as the de facto "Lux" package color but on a sedan, with Modena interior... goddamn it looks good. Best part is that the purchase was made with 100% wife approval.

Driving it back to back with my 182k-mile '96 is interesting. I've replaced everything in the suspension of the '96, mostly with stock or nearly stock, and the car is a lot of fun- tucks in nicely on lift-throttle, rides alright, etc. The '98 feels taut and new, and despite it running the factory tire stagger still tucks in nicely- my only complaints would be that the dampers are a little tired, the factory bumpstops suck (running FCM multicellular urethane on my '96 and they're awesome) and the car definitely benefits from larger sway bars.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #398
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I just picked up a '98 Boston Green/Modena M3 four-door, five-speed with 55,300 original miles. It's one of 52 produced between 1997 and 1998 in that color/interior/transmission combo. Four options- sunroof, cruise control, 18-button OBC and Harman Kardon sound. I paid about the same as one could for a relatively-low-mile E46 M3, but I prefer the E36s, even if this one has side air bags.

It's very nice, and I have no pictures yet. I always hated Boston Green because of its status as the de facto "Lux" package color but on a sedan, with Modena interior... goddamn it looks good. Best part is that the purchase was made with 100% wife approval.

Driving it back to back with my 182k-mile '96 is interesting. I've replaced everything in the suspension of the '96, mostly with stock or nearly stock, and the car is a lot of fun- tucks in nicely on lift-throttle, rides alright, etc. The '98 feels taut and new, and despite it running the factory tire stagger still tucks in nicely- my only complaints would be that the dampers are a little tired, the factory bumpstops suck (running FCM multicellular urethane on my '96 and they're awesome) and the car definitely benefits from larger sway bars.
Welcome to club you and I are two of the 52 . Except mine is 1 of 1 because it's a Slicktop. In fact it's the only Slicktop Boston Green Modena 4/5 in the country and it was the first one off the assembly line in 97.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #399
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Both of you need to post pictures!
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #400
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Ask and ye shall recieve, I have a full new Ground Control short stroke Koni street track suspension with camber plates.I am about to install along with a full Turner Motorsports reinforcement kit, all strut towers. RTABs etc.. Plus a motion motor supports aluminum underpanel up front. Also she's getting an Aluminum radiator . I am taking the AA Gen 2 exhaust off the black car and putting on this one along with the intake. Wheels will come down the road . Oh and pin striping will be going bye bye as well as the cheap clear euro tails.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #401
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
looks good, super clean. What wheels are you planning?

I'm also getting the turner motorsport plates installed in two weeks and replacing all the subframe bushings and rtabs while it's there.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #402
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
looks good, super clean. What wheels are you planning?

I'm also getting the turner motorsport plates installed in two weeks and replacing all the subframe bushings and rtabs while it's there.
She has a few dings, and the clear coat on a part of the hood and one of the fenders is starting to peel out. I am the third owner and it was garaged up to about two years ago, hence the clear coat issues. Otherwise she is pretty damn clean.

I am going to do the head gasket shortly along with a valve job. She still runs great but has the typical suspect coolant stains on the outside back of number 6. Weakest point of the head gasket, hence the decision to go ahead and deal with it ahead of time.
Seriously if you own a BMW it's really not if your headgasket goes its when it goes.

It's one of those matinence issues you can't get around over long time use and ownership.
Any BMW over 100k is ripe for it to happen at any time. That is where KADes really got lucky with the 55k car. It did cost him though but it's like he bought a practically brand new car.

As far as wheels go I keep going towards CSL style concave mesh like Apex or VMR's. Though I have grown to like the look of E46 M3 wheels on the Black car. Though if I even ran those I would have to do some serious roll work on the wells as those rears all the way around square. 18x9 +26 . Uber aggressive for a M3.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #403
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

This is the only picture I have where I'm even half happy with the lighting, and the car needs a good buff and wax before I plan on taking any more pictures.

It's hard having a car as cream-puff-y as this, though. I freak out when I park it in a parking lot around other cars, and I stay pretty far back from the cars in front of me. I might have the front clear filmed to keep it fresh.

It's been a long time since I've owned something this nice, and it brings out the total anal-retentive in me.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #404
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

This is the only picture I have where I'm even half happy with the lighting, and the car needs a good buff and wax before I plan on taking any more pictures.

It's hard having a car as cream-puff-y as this, though. I freak out when I park it in a parking lot around other cars, and I stay pretty far back from the cars in front of me. I might have the front clear filmed to keep it fresh.

It's been a long time since I've owned something this nice, and it brings out the total anal-retentive in me.
Nice. Man . Don't you love how the paint jumps in the light. It's changes shade.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #405
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
She has a few dings, and the clear coat on a part of the hood and one of the fenders is starting to peel out. I am the third owner and it was garaged up to about two years ago, hence the clear coat issues. Otherwise she is pretty damn clean.

I am going to do the head gasket shortly along with a valve job. She still runs great but has the typical suspect coolant stains on the outside back of number 6. Weakest point of the head gasket, hence the decision to go ahead and deal with it ahead of time.
Seriously if you own a BMW it's really not if your headgasket goes its when it goes.

It's one of those matinence issues you can't get around over long time use and ownership.
Any BMW over 100k is ripe for it to happen at any time. That is where KADes really got lucky with the 55k car. It did cost him though but it's like he bought a practically brand new car.

As far as wheels go I keep going towards CSL style concave mesh like Apex or VMR's. Though I have grown to like the look of E46 M3 wheels on the Black car. Though if I even ran those I would have to do some serious roll work on the wells as those rears all the way around square. 18x9 +26 . Uber aggressive for a M3.
Yea I feel like you have to be very proactive with maintenance with these things.

CSL style always looks good. I was talking to a guy on an Angeles Crest run that was running 18x9.5 Apexs on an E36 and it looked great. Not sure the offset but he had to roll fenders for them to fit.

Quote:

Looks good also! I'm the same now, I park so far away from things just to be safe. I never had to do that with my rough-paint S13.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #406
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@driftfreaq.
how does the power on your m3 feel. im sure your all to familiar with the "i wish we got the euro version" conversation, but does the e36 feel like its missing something? or are you satified with the power and the way its delivered ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #407
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
@driftfreaq.
how does the power on your m3 feel. im sure your all to familiar with the "i wish we got the euro version" conversation, but does the e36 feel like its missing something? or are you satified with the power and the way its delivered ...
I'd also like to know how the Euro S50 engine responds to turbocharging in comparison to the S52. I think you guys already posted that vid of the 1000hp stock block turbo S52...
Old 04-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #408
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
@driftfreaq.
Which one? lol the two feel slightly different from each other for a number of reasons. My Black mean machine has a UUC 8 pound flywheel with a M5 clutch it's extremely quick revving and the clutch setup is close to on off switch department.
You can stall it at a traffic light even though you know how to drive it. lol .

It also has a high flow intake and Activer Autowerks Gen II exhaust. It feels relatively quick with a shit ton of torque, still smooth but more track car feel. I won't lie having close to an extra 100 HP would be bad ass. Though while it's not a drag race machine it remains relatively quick in comparison to a lot of cars.

The Green car on the other hand is bone stock and smooth as all get out. The first timeI drove it before buying it I really liked how it performed. Both engines are S52's and are pretty much the same.

Though the Black car has more mileage but benefits from a head refresh a few years ago. Valve job new head gasket and surface which probably bumped compression slightly.
Do I sometimes feel like I want a bit more power? Ocassionally. Does it have enough power for me to relatively happy a good percentage of the time? Yes I would say it does it's no slouch. Just drive a stock 325 and you will feel the difference.

The funny thing is I deal with two different BMW places for parts and a great mechanic for the things I really don't want to . One races E36 M3's and is all about them.
The other races 2002's and drives a 328 and before I had my M suggested I buy a 328 instead as you do pay a premium for that M badge.
They do say M means money and it is somewhat true. M parts cost more even though they are not that different if not the same as 328 parts. Not everything but some.
I feel though I like the prestige of owning an M lol and for the price I got both of mine for its a cannot argue situation.

In the end M in U.S. Spec is not that bad in the power department. You can easily tweak another 30-40 HP out of it to get closer to euro spec and truth be told trying to put a euro spec engine while not hard will not even get near an OBDI or II smog check.
Oh and ya you can put in the E46 M engine and the mechanic that races M's was the first one to do it stateside. In his words "too much work" .

On the Tuebocharging vs Supercharging from Supercharging seems to be the more favored option with S52's and I believe it's because the engine has so much torque stock it drives a Supercharger nicely yielding great results.

You almost have to think of it this way Superchargers respond down low to torque bands while Turbos respond higher up in the rev band were HP takes over. My theory is the more torque and engine has stock the better tomSupercharge it to take advantage of that. The less torque stock better off choosing a Turbo Charger. Granted this is just my mind musing about this as diesel trucks have tons of torque and run huge Turbochargers, though some do Supercharge as well.
It also boils down to were you want your power. I will quote enlarge great Carrol Shelby who stated "HP sells cars Torque wins races"
With that said a street driven machine is much better off with TQ over HP as torque is what gives you that throw you back in your seat jump off the line response. HP just carries you throw once your rolling.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #409
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

ive been really really considering the e36 m3 (coupe) because even though i love my b7 a4. comfortable/the power is there but the handling is just subpar in comparison to the e90. the a4 is numb but i am absolutley in love with the handling of the bmw so I wanted to capatalize on that by getting a real m3 instead of just a base 3 series.
i drove the e90 last week threw the hills of the observatory and other random roads and hills and i always have a huge smile on my face

i knew the handling will be good on the e36 especially with some freshening up and thicker sway bars. which i have no problem taking care of threw the aftermarket. my worry was that i would be dissapointed in the power in the same way im disapointed in my a4s handling. especially since on the forums that seems to be the biggest complaint that the US market got the short end of the stick.

no bmw motor swaps for me lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #410
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I just picked up a '98 Boston Green/Modena M3 four-door, five-speed with 55,300 original miles.
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Being around BMWs for a few years now I have a theory that the majority of the HG jobs done could have been avoided had the cooling system being properly maintained. I can attest to this personally during a cooling overhaul because my car was due for its mileage (90,000) and I was lucky to catch the water pump before it started detonating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck3eoeAHC9g

the S52 for sure though with HG jobs just because of how thin the gasket profile is on some parts of the block. (one of the reasons why I am not sold on boosting a S52 vs m50/2)

and def that kades is sitting pretty drivetrain wise if the condition does indeed match the mileage. He will just have to worry about overhauling the water pump/cooling system and suspension bushings at 80k miles.

lets never forget, 'You dont own the M, the M owns you'

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I'd also like to know how the Euro S50 engine responds to turbocharging in comparison to the S52. I think you guys already posted that vid of the 1000hp stock block turbo S52...
S38 -> S50 -> S54

The US S52 is the oddball of the S engine family, basically a tuned/stroked out M52

Quote:
i knew the handling will be good on the e36 especially with some freshening up and thicker sway bars. which i have no problem taking care of threw the aftermarket. my worry was that i would be dissapointed in the power in the same way im disapointed in my a4s handling. especially since on the forums that seems to be the biggest complaint that the US market got the short end of the stick.

no bmw motor swaps for me lol
stock the ///M will put a grin on your face, third gear pull leave yourself plenty of space.

The only gripe you will have like a majority of E36 owners (M and non-Ms) is that the interior is the weakest point.

door panels that come loose, broken handles, sagging glove box, sagging headliner, broken plastic seat gears, all kinds of random squeaks, creeks, and noises. The E36 was BMWs last gen b4 modern styled interiors appeared, it def feels old school unlike the E39/E46 that came shortly after.

If none of this concerns you then you have nothing to worry about because the power and handling are good to go from the factory. The only thing that will be on your plate is the ///M's increased maintenance schedule.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #411
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
ive been really really considering the e36 m3 (coupe) because even though i love my b7 a4. comfortable/the power is there but the handling is just subpar in comparison to the e90. the a4 is numb but i am absolutley in love with the handling of the bmw so I wanted to capatalize on that by getting a real m3 instead of just a base 3 series.
i drove the e90 last week threw the hills of the observatory and other random roads and hills and i always have a huge smile on my face
I haven't driven an e90, but my dad has a b8 a4 avant and i have spent a lot of time driving that. Compared to my e46M it definitely feels lazier. The suspension is stock on that but it is a titanium sport trim package, compared to bilstein pss10 on the M. Like you said the a4 is definitely much more comfortable but the M is more engaging to drive, while still being completely street able. Compared to my old s13 and my miata the M3 is in another league in terms of comfort on the street. I would say that the s13 handled better in canyons, but it was dialed in and much much lighter.

I got to drive my car in the rain today for the first time, it was a blast. It's so balanced and easy to control, it's truly a born drift machine.

The biggest advantage the a4 has over the M is the transmission though. I'm not sure which transmission you have in yours, but the 8spd gearbox in the b8 is awesome. Because it has more gears to choose from it is always in the right gear and therefore feels much faster than its HP numbers suggest it would be.

If you're looking for great handling I'd say pick up an e36 and spend some money on good aftermarket suspension parts. I do love the S54 though.

Side note, where in Venice are you? I used to live near the corner of Pacific and Abbot Kinney, near that dog park.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:39 AM   #412
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Do you gentlemen know any importers of engines or parts from Europe?
Surprisingly, there are countless JDM importers, but I am having a hard time finding anyone to overnight an engine from Romania in time for Stance Wars.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #413
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Surprisingly, there are countless JDM importers, but I am having a hard time finding anyone to overnight an engine from Romania in time for Stance Wars.

Crap tends to be very expensive in Europe.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #414
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
.................LOL

I keep imagine overnighting an engine and I cant see it costing less then $1500.
I never even heard of overnighting jdm engines...
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #415
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
.................LOL

I keep imagine overnighting an engine and I cant see it costing less then $1500.

I never even heard of overnighting jdm engines...

Yeah, everybody already knows you over night parts, not engines.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:02 AM   #416
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Yeah, everybody already knows you over night parts, not engines.
What? I didn't even mean that I just meant overnighting something that was 500lbs..would cost a fortune...
Old 04-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #417
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
I would say that the s13 handled better in canyons, but it was dialed in and much much lighter.
haha you owning an E46 M3 and saying the word canyon reminded me of this personal fav.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpGgvGyUR4g

Quote:
wth are you trying to source that you cant find in the US?

for rare obscurities you can go on UK bimmer forums, look up UK BMW vendors. There are even a good amount of European folk on US bimmer forums because you know USA #1

contact http://www.wallothnesch.com/ they are based out of Germany

or possibly http://www.schmiedmann.com/ based out of Denmark

even get in contact with certain BMW dealerships that have better contacts/connections to the mother brain over in Deutschland

Last edited by vanish1; 04-08-2015 at 11:37 AM..
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #418
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Lol that E46 vid is funny. It's like he just kinda drifts across the road and down the embankment. Been there done that. Except I landed on the roof in a P10 and was just laughing ten minutes after the fact. Insurance wound up paying me handsomely and I actually made out big time. Lol

As far as Euro parts and engines goes . They are available but like already mentioned they are expensive. I have seen Euro S50's for sale on bimmerforums. They were stupid expensive. You also are falling into the same trap as swapping an SR into a S chassis. Not legal not going to be legal. Depending on were you live you will wind up paying someone off to pass you and look the other way.
I did not buy a BMW to play engine swap games personally. That's me though, I did toy with the idea of dropping a S54 as it could be legal but it would be way to much hassle.

The cool thing about the M engine even the stateside motor is a chip, a Schrick Manifold, intake, exhaust . You can pick up another 30-40 ponies. It may not be quite as powerful as the Euro motor but it would put a grin on your face.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #419
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
wth are you trying to source that you cant find in the US?
Some Mercedes diesel and DTM junk.
I asked in here since this is where all the 'Euro' guys on Zilvia seem to hang out.
The bummer is that diesel engines can only be shipped disassembled as parts due to some emission law.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #420
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The biggest advantage the a4 has over the M is the transmission though. I'm not sure which transmission you have in yours, but the 8spd gearbox in the b8 is awesome. Because it has more gears to choose from it is always in the right gear and therefore feels much faster than its HP numbers suggest it would be.

Side note, where in Venice are you? I used to live near the corner of Pacific and Abbot Kinney, near that dog park.
my b7 is cvt "7 speed". it deffanately always in the right "gear" all the time. especially on the freeway it pulls strong even at 100 mph. so im no way dispointed in its power.
the e90 is why i want an M3. i dont feel the need to do anything to the suspension on it. it truely feels dialed in. only complaint is the trans. i feel that downshifts are slow and sometimes its not in the gear it should be and the manual mode is pretty useless. but a 5spd m3 will obviously solve that problem.

i live in larchmont now. just moved 3 weeks ago or so. but i used to live behind the highschool on lyceum . i took my dog to that one a few times but there was always huge dogs so i started going to the one by lax lol

Quote:
Quote: