Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #331
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Congrats on the wedding Kevin.

Are you going to make a new thread or keep it all in this one? Want to make sure I sub to that one too
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 AM   #332
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
2 weeks after the wedding, I am getting back in the swing of things. This past weekend I was able to get the engine completed. I was waiting on the valve cover and intake manifold to come back from powdercoating. If you ever need powdercoating, make sure to never use kickasspowdercoating. I had the worst experience with them. It really pisses me off when businesses take care of their "high end" customers but can't even deliver the most basic things for a new customer. And the job didn't even turn out that good...I had to wet sand and polish the shit out of that valve cover to get it to gloss black. When I asked the powdercoater why I got orange peel black instead of the gloss black I requested...his answer was to wet sand and buff. Seriously?

I am really happy with the way this engine turned out. I really took my time on this one. Made sure every bolt that I put back went in the same spot, cleaned and torqued to spec. Next week, I will be installing the flywheel, clutch and transmission.

And if you don't follow me on instagram, I got a new car a few weeks ago. It feels weird to own one but I definitely am grateful and blessed.

[/url]DSC02866 by
Old 05-03-2016, 06:15 AM   #333
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That engine looks MINT! Can't wait to see it back in the bay. Sucks to hear about that shop, it's always a bummer getting the run around when paying good money.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #334
Michael E
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Michael E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Congrats on the marriage and the GTR looks amazing!

Instagram: @michaelelsea
Michael E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #335
DILLONDILLONDILLON!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DILLONDILLONDILLON! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome as always man, keep it up!!
also I cant seem to find the g shock watch on any sites, but if you find a part # let me know
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #336
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Congrats on all of the recent success and your marriage Kev. Wish you guys the best!

The engine turned out phenomenal. Awesome work! That car is going to be nuts when it is all back together.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #337
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
GA shout out. This build is astounding.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #338
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Pried out the old rear main seal to replace it with new.

In this picture you'll notice a pilot bushing in the flywheel. I first looked in my crank and was wondering why there wasn't a pilot bushing in there. So I went ahead and installed one. Afterwards finding out that its on the flywheel. I don't think it will hurt it with the extra pilot bushing in the crank so I just left it in there.

They say you arn't really supposed to resurface dual mass flywheels so since mine was very low mileage and in good condition, I just cleaned it up and reinstalled it. Just FYI, S15 flywheel bolts are not same as S13/S14. Found that out the hard way.

Got the clutch all torqued down to spec. Left my throwout bearing at home so I'll be back next weekend to install that and the transmission!
Old 05-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #339
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So in regards to the pilot bushing: The gearbox input shaft may actually increase in diameter after the spline and not allow the shaft to completely be seated in the crank if there is also a pilot bushing in the flywheel.

Make sure to check this before proceeding.

Ignore the caption, but see the pic

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #340
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So in regards to the pilot bushing: The gearbox input shaft may actually increase in diameter after the spline and not allow the shaft to completely be seated in the crank if there is also a pilot bushing in the flywheel.

Make sure to check this before proceeding.

Ignore the caption, but see the pic

It came factory with the pilot bushing in the flywheel so nothing has changed. I just replaced it with a new one. I hope I'm understanding you right.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #341
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ended up just ditching my dual mass flywheel and going for a nice Exedy single one
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #342
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Wait you got my dream car and all you give us is a picture with no details or anything
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:10 AM   #343
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Just read this cover to cover. And added on IG.

Awesome work.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:17 PM   #344
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Damn...I need to start selling shoes
Old 05-19-2016, 12:41 AM   #345
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Damn...I need to start selling shoes
He flips so hard tho....I stopped in 2013
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #346
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Finally got the transmission mated up to the engine this weekend. It is now ready to go into the engine bay!

Old 05-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #347
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Glad the pilot bushing wasn't an issue afterall!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #348
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to see progress on this.
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #349
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This thing is so amazing, can not wait to get an S15 myself!!
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:32 AM   #350
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

With the help from my coworker, we got everything prepped to go into the engine bay. It's been over 10 years since I dropped an engine in a car so it took a little trial and error to get the hoist in the right spot.

I think I was hooking up the heater hoses at this point.

Here's me dropping the subframe down an inch to get more clearance. We were having trouble clearing the lip on the firewall. With fresh paint, it makes it that much harder too.

After about 2 hours or so, the engine is finally back in its home. You guys have no idea how good it felt to see the engine back in. It'll be 3 years in October I think, when I pulled this engine out. I wanted everything perfect so I definitely took my time...probably more time than I really needed lol.

But now its all downhill from here. Next weekend I will be installing the wiring harness first and then rest will be just installing all the stuff around the engine like radiator, hoses, driveshaft, exhaust, etc.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #351
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was super excited when this popped up with an update, car looks great. Keep up the great work!!
codyzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #352
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Still stock turbo?
Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #353
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Still stock turbo?
HKS GT-RS. May go bigger in the future but I had the brand new GT-RS laying around.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #354
future
Post Whore!

More pictures and info on the R34
Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #355
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
This thing is so amazing, can not wait to get an S15 myself!!
id worry about moving outta a shit hole like VA first before a S15
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 AM   #356
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Congrats Kev, bay looks phenomenal. All of the hard work will pay off soon!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:43 AM   #357
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

I don't know why I am just now getting to this because I've owned by S15 for about 6 years now and always just used one bolt on the one side. My friend with a r32 gtr was about to pay 30 dollars for a different designed adapter so I was thinking, I could make it way cheaper.

I 3D printed these out and added stainless steel button head bolts and they work beautifully. They are just a tad over 1/4 inch thick and very durable.

I am selling these for 19.99 shipped if anyone needs them.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #358
future
Post Whore!

So jealous

I'd move to Canada just to own my dream car......
Old 08-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #359
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I always get excited to see this thread at the top of this page!

And I can't wait till those adapters arrive... No more one bolt plate life for me

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #360
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
pretty damn smart design